Fallout - What some people don't realise about Obsidian


What some people don't realise about Obsidian

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 06:28 AM PST

Earlier this week, someone posted on here saying that Obsidian is no longer the same team it was that worked on New Vegas, implying that we shouldn't want another Fallout game by Obsidian as they effectively aren't necessarily going to make a similar product again.

And while this is true, I think a lot of people neglect to realise that Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky have since joined Obsidian.

If you don't know who those guys are, they are effectively the creators of Fallout franchise as we know it. Tim Cain even made (from scratch) the entire engine on which the original games were developed. Boyarsky handled a lot of the art, including the iconic Vault boy. They left Interplay half way through the development of Fallout 2 and founded Troika along with Jason Anderson, another integral member of the OG Fallout team who I believe currently works at Turtle Rock. Since, they made the games Arcanum, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Temple of Elemental Evil and Tim has worked on Pillars of Eternity and South Park The Stick of Truth.

If you want more insight into their involvement with the series' creation, here are some videos of them literally talking about how they invented the games: Interview with Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky and Feargus Urqhart- Current CEO of Obsidian + an entire presentation talking about the development of the first game + more interesting stuff about RPG development, including Fallout

My point being that, even if Obsidian have lost a lot of people that worked on New Vegas, having an additional two extra fathers of series surely makes up for that.

And if you aren't already excited, Tim has been quoted saying he's working on a new project with Leonard Boyarsky. The game is apparently their 'dream game' and has a lot of Tim Cain in like Fallout and Arcanum. Source Source

Interestingly, Chris Avellone is also apparently working on his 'dream game' that is a new IP and is yet to be announced. Source

TLDR: Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky (2 Fallout creators) are making a game at Obsidian right now.

submitted by /u/LongJohnDanglewood2
[link] [comments]

The credit card guy in Fallout 4..

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 08:58 AM PST

Okay so I just recently started playing FO4, and I stumbled across this guy. Now usually I would have killed him right away, but I was in a particularly good mood so I decided to buy his card (fuck it I'm rich anyways, bitch). However, right after buying it he called me a "retard" so obviously I cut every limb off of his shitty body before doing the "t bag" motion on top of what was left.

Anyways I suppose I should get to the point of this post.. Is there anywhere that I can actually use this thing?

submitted by /u/Webbedfingerings
[link] [comments]

I've been playing with the Gunner Overhaul Mod for well over 100+ hours... and I just realized I've been playing the Russian version of it.

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 09:49 PM PST

Well... I, uhh.. I'm an idiot. The Russian version with the American version only changes the names of named Gunners. So, whenever I found a unique Gunner, they had a Russian name. I always thought, "Wow, this mod is cool! The Gunners must have had Russian origins or something!" In hindsight, this was pretty silly on my part. But you bet your bottom dollar I'm keeping this mod on the Russian version! Talk to ya later, Wastelanders :)

submitted by /u/reddit_user_von
[link] [comments]

Can you just repeatedly enter and exit power armor to raise Paladin Danse's affinity?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 07:38 AM PST

Got the annoying 100,000 ticket Nuka-World Achievement in 25 Minutes. 7 Hoops at Once is the move.

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 01:20 PM PST

Anyone else use 7 hoops?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxzp_XUVGnQ

Edit: it's not a tutorial. Just a 30 second clip of the ideal setup.

submitted by /u/Don_Cheech
[link] [comments]

Thank you Brotherhood Vertibird, for once! <3

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 08:32 PM PST

Survival mode, cheesing my way through by using Power Armor. I'm down to around 3 cores since I havent really gone around and collected a bunch, which ofc can be enough for a long venture (N.P rank 2) and then I see a shining red cone in the distance, a sentry bot! "Oh hell yeah, two free cores!" I say to myself, prepping my drugs and sledgehammer, but then a vertibird comes down, aggro'd on said bot, and they fucking kill it, superb! I waddle over to the dead bot after his explosion, and he's got his cores nice and packaged for me! Thank you brotherhood!

submitted by /u/69_CatLover420_69
[link] [comments]

Just in case you though CC would get any better.

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 07:12 AM PST

The creation club has been out for months now and so far all that's been added since release seems to be a few new power armor paints, weapon paintjobs, and some new furniture. Just in case you thought there would be anything worthwhile added you ought to know they've done fuck all with adding anything remotely worth buying that mods haven't done for free. Did I mention the weapons skins are just based off the 3 power armor magazine skins?

submitted by /u/WastelandPioneer
[link] [comments]

I "made" a folder locker batch with Fallout's terminal theme.

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 03:54 AM PST

Optimal build for Guns in New Vegas?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 12:17 PM PST

So I haven't played New Vegas in a long time and I decided to reinstall the game today. I plan on making a new courier using a build focused around guns like the Service Rifle and All-American, but I don't really know what the best setup would be. Can I get some advice on what my SPECIAL should look like, as well as my traits and perks? Honestly, I feel like my SPECIAL is the biggest thing here and I can't figure out how to split it.

submitted by /u/Tyrant_Kitten
[link] [comments]

Fallout Radio Show

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 12:11 PM PST

Quite a while back I made a comedic radio program for a mod, with the original intent to make an animation based on it. This weekend I decide to upload the audio to Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6m2vqOtJXs

Apologies if this is not appropriate - I don't use the site much so I'm not sure about the common rules on self-promotion. Please just delete the thread or let it fall into obscurity if this isn't cool, but I just figured some Fallout fans might get a kick out of the program.

Apparently the mod the audio was made for had sort of a weird schedule for the shows, so even if you used the mod you may not have heard the content.

submitted by /u/Dawn-Somewhere
[link] [comments]

What's your thoughts on the first two Fallouts being remade in the Telltale format?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 08:51 AM PST

Asking because my wife is playing through F3, New Vegas and F4. Because I played through the originals back in the 90s I get asked lore questions constantly. She refuses to play the old style format, however she loves the Telltale games. I think F1 and F2 could transition well to their system.

submitted by /u/Punch_Drunk_AA
[link] [comments]

Where do you want the next fallout game to be?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 01:55 PM PST

I personally would like either San Fransico or Austrailia. Besides that what do you guys want?

submitted by /u/CaPsEvErYfEwLeTtErS
[link] [comments]

Cannot end the leave Zion quest, what to do?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 05:06 AM PST

Due to a certain patch, I think the Mission Mojave Community Patch, the Zion Map item gets transferred to the notes section in the Pip-Boy. To complete the quest, the game checks if the Zion Map item is on the player, and since it's technically not an item anymore, but a note, it prevents me from leaving.

Now I can circumvent this by installing the Exit Zion patch, which places an additional cave next to the original one. But the quest is still open, and I want it gone.

I looked up the quest ID and I tried closing it with the the setstage and completequest commands, but it gives me an error saying it cannot find a needed item.

So as of now, I'm thinking of disabling the community patch but I'm afraid it will mess something up.. Is it safe to disable it temporarily, complete the quest, and re-enable it?

submitted by /u/kerelberel
[link] [comments]

What do we know about Fallout 4 VR?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 11:52 AM PST

I just need a recap of what they're planning.

submitted by /u/lonewolf238
[link] [comments]

Would anyone be interested in a email, RPG based on Fallout?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 01:34 PM PST

I am working on putting together a play-by-email RPG in the Fallout universe. For anyone who hasn't played a pbem before, it is like group creative writing, or like D&D by email. While there are services online that offer random number generators/dice rolling-this game doesn't use anything like that and it really more about the story than how you rolled that D20.

https://sites.google.com/site/falloutpbemrpg/

(and the little game plug to anyone interested)

War…War Never Changes…

How many years has it been since the bombs fell and the world was wiped away and replaced with wasteland? Some say dozens, others say hundreds, but as the world burned away as did so much of what we knew, so much of the time we recorded and kept track of.

And what of civilization? The cities and towns replaced with shells of rubble and crumbling buildings. Hollows and ruins scavenged over for what little can be taken. Roughly bent and broken ceiling beams used now as little more than shelter from the radioactive and acidic rains.

And what of our animals and our crops? Dusty fields toiled upon endlessly that yield little in the way of food, and what food there is would be considered alien those came before. And our beasts of burdon now bizarre irradiated creatures that roam the desolate lands.

And what of our society? War never changes. What had once turned the world from a paradise to nuclear fire…that war still exists in fighting between raiders and villiages, towns against towns; and against each ideal and faction which believes it alone is the path to salvation for the world that remains. Neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend, and brother against brother as our petty squabbles and territorial struggles continue, forever and ever.

And what of you? What you will make of yourself in this wasteland that has taken away the lands that used to be fertile, the waters that used to be refreshing, and the different people who used to be friends but are now raiders?

What will you be?

Fallout will take place in Northern Michigan and the great lakes allowing for cities such as Detroit, Chicago, and Cleveland. Along with the cities a great deal of the settings for these stories will also take place on the lakes themselves on homes and cities people have built from ships, boats and barges-from heavy cargo ships in the lakes, the cruise ships that used to ferry passengers from the United States into Canada. Before the great war changes the landscape of the world, and the barriers of nations.

submitted by /u/ZebraZealot
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 possible cut Easter egg?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 06:15 AM PST

I recently updated and logged into Fallout 4 after a few months of inactivity and wanted to show my friend a little shack north west of Vault 111 that had a terminal in it with a series of entries from a crazed post war person stalking the lone survivor. The person who we never meet is a man, but he refers to the lone survivor as "The Blue Man". The map marker was titled "(insert name)'s abandoned shack". But I can no longer find it, was it cut from the game? (Edit): I play on console without mods, never played with mods. And don't shame me for playing console, I have a tendency to abuse console commands when playing PC.

submitted by /u/RetiredVietnamVet
[link] [comments]

Xbox One Zombie Playthrough

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 12:44 PM PST

I need Mods for an Xbox one walking dead style playthrough. Anything Helps.

submitted by /u/thekinghenry13
[link] [comments]

[Fallout 4] So i can't talk to my robot companion...

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 09:25 AM PST

So I made an Automatron and took it along as a companion. A while later i try talking to it, so I walk up to it, get its attention and hit Y. Nothing happens, the dialogue just abruptly stops as soon as i hit 'TALK'. I can activate all the other options like 'TRADE' just fine, but it won't allow me to talk to my companion. This is only an issue with Automatrons, normal companions work fine. Does anyone have any idea as to what's wrong?

submitted by /u/magic321321
[link] [comments]

Is there a PS4 mod that lets you send settlers anywhere?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 08:58 AM PST

Or any way of getting around it? I want to set up a faction of sorts that is able to patrol anywhere.

submitted by /u/HarraReeves_
[link] [comments]

Unstable Vault 88 part 2

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 02:42 PM PST

A week ago I posted a description of my rancid V88. For the -8 people who care, it was the lights. I turned off the reactor and started getting rid of some of the excessive lights (scrapped around 60) and my vault is usable, again. Thanks for the responses on my first post. Edit: typo.

submitted by /u/danktonium
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 mod junkmaster on xbox

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 10:51 AM PST

So I have all of the dlc for fallout 4 but I still can't enable the mod it says the mod can not be installed because it's depends on files that are present

submitted by /u/satanlolz
[link] [comments]

100% In Fallout 3, 4 and NV

Posted: 02 Dec 2017 09:17 PM PST

Have owned all fallout games since they came out on their release dates - I completed Fallout 4 100% achievements last year and got fallout 3 and New vegas yesterday after having them for years, what a bloody grind

for those that want to check, Xbox GT ~ TaiixJS

submitted by /u/RoflCopterMLGK
[link] [comments]

Suggest some builds for my playthroughs! (Suggestion)

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 02:16 PM PST

I'm doing full playthroughs of all the Fallout games (except Tactics), and putting them on my YouTube. I need some ideas for each game in terms of builds.

SPECIAL stats, tags, traits, etc.

I've been asking friends and acquaintances in other subs and forums what their ideas are, and I have some builds in mind; however, this is the Fallout subreddit, so I felt like I should get opinions from all of you as well!

submitted by /u/FallenDanish
[link] [comments]

Ironic problem with getting the "Hostile Takeover" achievement

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 01:58 PM PST

I'm currently on a mod-free Xbone run in order to get Fallout 4's remaining achievements. Getting the Nuka-World achievement "Hostile Takeover", which requires the player establish 8 raider settlements in the Commonwealth, proved to be a real chore because you apparently cannot give an unused settlement to a raider gang. They'll only take one over if normal settlers are kicked off. Which meant that I had to create settlements for the sole purposes of evicting the settlers so I could put raiders there instead.

Some context: I don't much like settlement-building in the first place so in my current playthrough I bypassed Concord and never looked back. Preston Garvey & the Minutemen literally don't exist in this playthrough. I finished the game on the side of the Brotherhood, then did Nuka-World. I headcannoned that the Sole Survivor was deep undercover for the Brotherhood on a mission to divide, separate and destroy the gangs by drawing them out of Nuka-World.

The fact that I had never really bothered with settlement-building prior to the DLC would, I thought, make the process of setting up raider camps easier and faster because I wouldn't have to evict any existing residents. Nobody would have to be forced off their land. Just send the raiders to empty locations like Sunshine Tidings or Jamaica Plain. Boom, done. I can get the achievement and still be a good guy.

Well, no dice. It turns out that kicking the existing residents out is a key part of the process. If nobody lives in the settlement it won't be one of the opportunities that Shank, the quest giver, lists. The upshot being that in order to create locations where raiders would settle, I first had to clear out a bunch of locations and create regular settlements, then put up the beacon to draw settlers there, then go to Shank to get the mission to eject the settlers I had just invited to live there, then evict said settlers (with bribes) and only then plant the raider gang's flag. Lather, rinse, & repeat a total of eight times to get the achievement.

Finally got the achievement earlier today. Did I mention that I did this on survival mode, so no fast travel? 'Cause that's the kind of knucklehead I am.

submitted by /u/MrFredCDobbs
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.