Destiny 2 Milestone Monday - December 04, 2017


Milestone Monday - December 04, 2017

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 02:12 AM PST

Okay Guardian, it's time to show off your Milestone rewards! What are you most excited about getting? Any exotics? Any questions about milestones?

Please also make sure to use spoiler tags if you're posting anything about a game's plot that might significantly hurt the experience of others that haven't played the game yet.

You can set the sort method of this post to, "new," to see the latest and greatest brags!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Thank the speaker for this “greatly increased magazine”

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 12:02 PM PST

When a draw just won't do.

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 07:33 AM PST

[Spoiler] Destiny 2 Tower Secrets Found

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 06:23 AM PST

My new favorite thing in Destiny 2 (Inspired by DefendTheHouse)

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 04:35 AM PST

Destiny 2 is the result of the complains players have in Destiny 1, and Bungie is getting blamed.

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 04:08 PM PST

Not defending Bungie but I have been playing Destiny 1 since the beginning and taking a step back to look at the 'problems with destiny 2' after the recent uproar, it is actually the result of Bungie giving what players asked for in Destiny 1.

Better Story/Campaign? Checked

Better PvP Experience? Checked (4v4 is the result of players complaining about connections problem in 6v6 in D1)

Fix PvP Godrolls items? Checked

No Overpowered weapon ie,'Gjallarhorn'? Checked

Too much grind? Checked

I'm just sick of listening and reading comments about people asking D2 to be more like D1 AFTER how D2 was changed to their requests about D1.

Yes Bungie did screw up here and there like Exp not being true to its value, the lack of raid sparrows/ships, and so on. But the major problems most people are talking about are actually asking Bungie to make D2 to be MORE like D1 which is really ridiculous after all their complains when D1 was out.

Edit 1: Glad to see there are a few who feels the same way as I do. Probably didn't really expressed it properly in the main post, but the message I really what to convey to the community is a 'becareful what you wish for' approach when commenting on various aspects of the game. I'd also like to believe Bungie knows what they are doing and considering that they have all the data while we have none, they should probably be in a much better position to make the decisions than us. Sure giving feedback is important but just blindly sounding off wjat you do not feel right from the start is definitely premature and may lead to changes you hate more. Thanks for reading again and the positive response so far.

Edit 2: Didn't expect to see that there are many who thought like me as well, I believe we should show how much we feel that that the game is on the right track with more posts like this preferably from many others. I've seen a few comments stating that most of the complains comes from the streamers/hardcore players and I do agree. However, if we, the majority who are statisfied or are enjoying ourselves do not sound off, then all the dev is going to see is the negative feedbacks and not realised that actually there are people like us who are able to enjoy the game as it is.

More background about me, I used to play D1 solo on PS4 because all of my friends didn't own a PS4. I was drawn to the promise that our characters were supposed to follow us throughout the 10 years of Destiny. My first exotic was the Hawkmoon which at that time, destroys people in PvP and mobs in PvE. It was epic fun indeed, but sometimes I do feel bad for the guy who got the jump on me and still died to my one miracle bullet. I didn't play most of the raids due to the lack of friends but did try the Vault of Glass and Wrath of the Machines by using LFGs, the community was friendly enough to slowly coach me and guide me in clearing each raid, something that would never happen in a PC game. I was a student then and the grind didn't really feel as bad as what many people claimed it to be. I had a god roll scout rifle after my Hawkmoon was nerfed to hell, and still managed to enjoy the game.

Moving on to D2, many of my friends joined up with me in the game and I'm having a blast nowadays. I was disappointed to find out our guardian won't be following us to D2 but after playing with my friends who were new, I am actually kind of glad there was a wipe, what I am hoping is that the wipe was to accomodate the new PC players who are going to join us and that moving on the wipe will not happen again. Most of us are working and can spare only an hour or two each day, I was suprised that even though the time we have was limited, it felt like there was little to no barrier of entry to the raid and such, which in D1, would probably require a certain amount of grind to access.

I really feel Bungie didn't do as bad a job as many people are making it out to be and posted this to show that there are players like me who are enjoying the game and wants to prevent any drastic changes that may arise from players who didn't feel the same way.

submitted by /u/mr7axi
[link] [comments]

I think we have been given hints at what race "the darkness" actually is.

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:46 AM PST

This is just a theory guys. So don't get mad if you don't agree but please feel free to tell me if you have any competing theories.

So if anyone remembers those pictures of the 5 races? And there is the darkness race with its triangle ships and whispy-shadow humanoids? I believe the Fulminator gear (Warlock raid armor) describes something like this. They apparently fly through interstellar space on Arks and are beings of pure energy.

I'm thinking those Arks might be the triangle ships we are seeing. Also being made of pure energy would likely give them that whispy-shadow kind of form (at least that's how I would depict something like that in game). The bond for this armor is also called "The Shadow's Bond" where all the other pieces call it Fulminator. I think its a clue that it calls it a Shadow there instead. This makes me really think that those wraith beings are going to be whatever this is.

Calus says he doesn't know is they are from the light or the dark, but he also mentions that the very presence of the fulminator assaults the senses and describes one as "pain in all its shades". And again, the bond is called The Shadow's Bond while all the other armor items are ____ of the Fulminator. Its obvious this belongs with it and Shadow is a different name for it.

It might also be that the darkness is not a specific race but simply the races that are in direct service to the darkness, such as the Hive. (This is in contrast to enemies which simply use the darkness as a source of power, such as Calus and the Vex.) So maybe the fulminators are just a race (I think they might be called Ark-Born) that is one of the primary members of the darkness and the traveller just disabled their arks,and thus them and that is why there are none around now. With them destoryed humanity had a chance to fight back and now they come again since they have seen the travelers signal.

Anyway here are the gear descriptions i got this from. If anyone runs across any more mentions of Arkborn or fulminators or beings like it please let me know and I will add that to the post. Also let me know what you guys think. Even if you don't agree do you think it makes sense? Lemme know! And if you post your own theories !!PLEASE!! include links or the exact text that you got it from so that the rest of us can check it out and see for ourselves. It makes it a lot better than someone just saying "I heard that the vex are really just children who were kidnapped by Santa Claus and turned into milk because they didn't leave milk and cookies out for Santa" then having to search around to see if that's an actual thing or not,

Mask of the Fulminator - "How does one convince a creature of pure, sentient energy to pledge her loyalty? The agency to leave home is intoxicating for anyone." — Calus, Emperor of the Cabal

Robes of the Fulminator - "The Councilors devised a way for the Fulminator to escape her interstellar ark, to the outrage of her people." —Calus, Emperor of the Cabal

Wraps of the Fulminator - "Before my Councilors and I could finalize her containment armor, the very presence of the Fulminator assaulted the senses. She was breathtaking." —Calus, Emperor of the Cabal

Boots of the Fulminator - "What was she? A creature of the Light? Or the other end of the spectrum? The Councilors never finished their analysis." —Calus, Emperor of the Cabal

Shadow's Bond - "The Fulminator could directly afflict the nervous system of the organics around her. She was pain in all its shades. I will miss her." —Calus, Emperor of the Cabal

submitted by /u/GreatestJakeEVR
[link] [comments]

Curse of Osiris is almost here! All aboard the hype train!

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 08:48 AM PST

Man I'm excited for tomorrow! It's gonna be insanely fun!

Also bonus story...

Destiny is a important game to me, my friend got me a PS4 and destiny 1 back 4 years ago and destiny has grown to be apart of my life, it's gotten me through some tough times like depression and other stuff like that.

I'm glad destiny is around and I'm glad that I'm now playing destiny 2. I've been having a blast with it. Cheers to bungie for making an awesome game series!!!

submitted by /u/FireBlazeWolf
[link] [comments]

Destiny is about collecting so let us collect!

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 06:06 AM PST

Instead of using the Vault system which caps us at a mere 200 items, set up a Collections page for all Green, Blue and Purple items like we have for Exotics (this would include Ships, Sparrows, Ghosts and Emblems). If you want to bring something out that you have unlocked, just go to it and select Equip. My Vault is already nearly full and we have a bunch of new stuff coming in Season 2 and I don't have enough room for it!

submitted by /u/WhatRoughBeast73
[link] [comments]

Finally reached 1000 heroic events before Curse of Osiris!

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 02:52 AM PST

(Cue obscenely loud music)

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 09:06 AM PST

Do resilience and mobility need buffs?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 03:59 AM PST

Seeing recovery is the strongest stat in both PvE and PvP, don't resilience and mobility need buffs so that they become more on par with recovery?

submitted by /u/Ibstronk
[link] [comments]

Pulse Grenades OP?

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 04:11 PM PST

From Down Town

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 08:48 PM PST

Are hardcore pvpers the only ones left participating in the Trials of The Nine?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 07:39 AM PST

First of foremost, I will say that I am not good in Crucibles at all, heck I am never good at fps at all, although I still have my good moments in regular Crucible matches and even other shooters like Battlefield and Overwatch.

Having that said, I was having fair share of funs in Trials during the first week, as my team wins good amount of games and loses some. We were even as close to flawless as 6-wins during our best shot.

However, as weeks pass by I notice less and less people interested in Trials, and now whenever I get myself a random team we always ended up losing very badly, to the point that we would not even score a single win for entire night. Everyone was so frustrated and some even started shouting aggressively over the mic.

At the end of every Trials sessions, I left the game with extreme bitter taste. There were many times I was regarded as the worst player and forcefully kicked out of the fireteam as well.

I love this game, in fact it had been so long since I found a game that could keep me playing even after 1 month. Due to nature of this game, I am now at the point whereby I have nothing else to do but merely engage in meaningful pvp modes, specifically Trials. However for reasons abovesaid, each of my D2 sessions nowadays end with depressions and/or scarred self-esteem.

The purpose of me making this post, is so that I may hear from you guys, whether I am the only one facing the above ordeal, or it is simply because only hardcore pvpers are only ones still participating in the Trials of The Nine?

submitted by /u/Gale91
[link] [comments]

As a PC gamer I would love to see PvE content from Destiny 1 in Destiny 2

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 08:10 AM PST

I am a PC only gamer and have not played the first Destiny. I really would love to see Destiny 1 story missions and strikes in Destiny 2.

Many people argued that D2 is just a better looking D1. If this is also the case from a technical perspective then re-releasing old content for PC gamers could be a nice addition.

The old story missions could be integrated just like meditations are done now. And old strikes could get their own rotation.

submitted by /u/_k0Sh_
[link] [comments]

New engram leaked for the next expansion (Courtesy of the zoo)

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 10:42 PM PST

is it just me, or does the gunsmith favor giving power weapons, as opposed to primary or secondary?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 03:03 AM PST

been trying to get a decent primary or secondary for awhile, but all i seem to get are power weapon duplicates. Is there some secret way to lower the chances of getting power weapons?

submitted by /u/Jakabee
[link] [comments]

Sometimes you don't want to be disturbed at the Farm.

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:53 AM PST

Why you should be excited for CoO

Posted: 03 Dec 2017 11:30 PM PST

Look I know a lot of people are down in the dumps, but some people are genuinly looking forward to this expansion.

Remember, in the end we are getting more content for a game we all love-that is why youre reading this subredit. We are getting quite a few more options to play around here so I thought i'dd mention some:

  • new story/lore (doesnt everyone want to learn about osiris?)

  • new strikes

  • items/ornaments/ sandbox changes

  • new raid lair (and the Leviathan is being brought up to 325 as well!)

  • multiplayer maps

And probably much more than that.

Just thought idd make this post to help as a reality check, feel like a lot of this is getting overshadowed by the pessimism.

Idd be shocked if this dlc didnt keep eveyone occupied for another 20 - 40 hours at least. Thats still way more value than i can say for many other titles out there today.

submitted by /u/Steelblood27
[link] [comments]

So why exactly can't we play while queuing for a guided game?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:16 AM PST

So today I wanted to do the raid for the first time. I queued up for a guided game and am still in queue right now after 2 hours. I would have loved to atleast do some public events while queuing but bungie doesn't let us for some reason. I'm stuck with looking at the main screen while listening to the (awesome) soundtrack on repeat.

submitted by /u/TPMast3r
[link] [comments]

What do you spend glimmer on?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:37 AM PST

CoOp Play

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 08:32 AM PST

As someone who has played WoW for years, in addition to other MMOs I just want to say how much I appreciate the way destiny 2's gear system works. The fact that my 290 light level friend can run a strike with me at 210 and improve is amazing. The ability to be able to play with friends who are better geared than you and not hold them is great.

submitted by /u/UnlockedWifi
[link] [comments]

When you are bored waiting in a raid

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:19 AM PST

For the curious, there will be maintenance tomorrow from 7AM Pacific to 10AM Pacific, after which Curse of Osiris will be unlocked.

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 08:28 AM PST

Players who have already pre-ordered the DLC should be able to start their download around 8AM Pacific.

submitted by /u/CitizenKing
[link] [comments]

Echo Ghost Skill - How do I setup gear/builds?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:02 AM PST

Just found out about this, seems like it could be useful. I love DIM but being able to do it with my voice would be great.

I have a few weapons I prefer in Raid & Crucible and would love to say "Alexa, tell Ghost to give my Titan Raid Weapons".

I have Googled a much as I can but can't seem to find answers. Then again, it's late and I'm tired.

Help is greatly appreciated, sorry if this is a repost or I'm missing something obvious - points to Late/Tired

submitted by /u/Joten
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.