Super Smash Bros - Daily Discussion Thread 11/26/17


Daily Discussion Thread 11/26/17

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 11:09 PM PST

Welcome to the Daily Discussion Thread series on /r/smashbros! Inspired by /r/SSBM and /r/hiphopheads's DDTs, you can post here:

  • General questions about Smash

  • General discussion (tentatively allowing for some off-topic discussion)

  • "Light" content that might not have been allowed as its own post (please keep it about Smash)

Other guidelines:

  • Be good to one another.

  • While DDT can be lax, please abide by our general rules. No linking to illegal/pirated stuff, no flaming, game debates, etc.

  • Please keep your meme spam contained to the sticky comment provided below.

If you have any suggestions about future DDTs or anything else subreddit related, please send them our way! Thanks in advance!

Also, if you want to chat with other /r/smashbros users you can do so via our Discord channel.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Smash.gg is on Business Insider's list of top 50 booming start ups.

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 03:59 PM PST

JK gets run over by Charliedaking

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 11:12 AM PST

Zain Wobbles Chudat

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 11:11 AM PST

The Smash 4 Quaterly Report For Spectators (Grtr4sh)

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 06:14 AM PST

Thanks to Smash Bros, I have beat up the school bully.

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 06:03 PM PST

I've been training hard playing smash bros for the past months, and just last week the training paid off. Some bully came up to me and tried to scare me so I grabbed him and through him into the lockers. He tried to get me back but I kept expertly sidestepping so he couldnt do jack.

submitted by /u/royale_knight3
[link] [comments]

EVO 2013 - Super Smash Bros Melee - Mango vs Crush

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 05:44 PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNzi5Z3SJBw

Insane that 4 years after this massacre, Crush is taking mango to game 5 and is arguably a top 20 player in the world

Just goes to show that anyone can make it to the top

submitted by /u/NUJosh
[link] [comments]

I'm not good at the game, even casually, should I bother going to a local?

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 12:29 PM PST

I love the game and I love the competitive side. I've been practicing for the past few months but I'm still pretty awful. Should I go to a local or is it frowned upon? I just want to play friendlies, I'm tired of netplay. But I feel like no one will want to play me for very long.

submitted by /u/jergin_therlax
[link] [comments]

JK's Appology

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 06:39 PM PST

Midwest Mayhem 10 GRAND FINALS - MVG | Salem [W] vs TSM | ZeRo [L] | Perhaps the highest level Smash 4 gameplay in the game's history!

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 01:26 PM PST

Project M Clips of the Week Episode 20

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 11:59 AM PST

Vududashing Guide

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 02:11 PM PST

2GG Championship Player Profile - Abadango

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 04:39 PM PST

Christmas came early this year boys.

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 07:43 PM PST

Was housesitting for family friends and noticed their neighbors were having a garage sale , left their house later in the day after the sale died down to find two CRT's with "free" taped to them. Score.

There was a bigger , 36 inch one of the two that was a pain to move but is now sitting proudly as my melee setup in my room , and the other I will likely donate to a local tourney or give to a fellow melee fanatic.

submitted by /u/Ultralitebeams
[link] [comments]

Poor | ZeRo

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 03:32 PM PST

Is DK better than Bowser?

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 10:59 AM PST

I'm looking through @TheVonDK's recent posts on Twitter. The images he posted base that DK's kill percent is roughly 15~ or so lower than Bowser's. Ending a match sooner is alone an argument to insist DK has advantages that Bowser does not.

https://twitter.com/TheVonDk/status/931037675338973184 https://twitter.com/TheVonDk/status/930295807353397248

For me, I'm asking because I want a counterpick to Diddy, Sheik, and Cloud - three of Ike's worst matchups. I don't feel using Cloud is the answer, especially to those who know the matchup and play the character commonly. I've had moderate success at a monthly using Bowser against Sheik players. But I'm wondering if DK is a better option?

submitted by /u/RangoTheMerc
[link] [comments]

What did you learn recently?

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 01:38 PM PST

What lesson about your game did you learn recently? For example I recently learned that if I play more to react then a lot of good options become more obvious to me.

submitted by /u/beakmoney
[link] [comments]

Mayhem in Moderation Pt. 4

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 02:25 PM PST

Idea I had for a CRT setup. Any thoughts?

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 10:18 AM PST

The CRT I own has a built in VCR at the bottom. I was thinking if there was a way you could remove the VCR and integrate a Wii into the bottom so the controller ports and mem card ports are sticking out where the VHS gets put inside it would be really convenient instead of bringing the CRT and a separate console to tournaments. I do remember that opening up a CRT is super risky cause there's parts that can dangerously shock you. Is it worth pursuing this kind of CRT mod and how would you guys go about it?

submitted by /u/HypeKnighttt
[link] [comments]

UGC Open Shinedana

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 09:06 PM PST

Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can get a Shinedana? I really wanted to buy it during UGC but I had problems with my banking. I just recently rewatched Nairo v Mr. E and was just reminded of it. Also, if anyone who has one is willing to sell it, message me please, thanks!

submitted by /u/alskdj0
[link] [comments]

When I'm Tweek's DK

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 06:24 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.