Skyrim - No Respect for the Dead


No Respect for the Dead

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:38 PM PST

My sister got married 6 years ago today. I left this for her to see when she wakes up.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:15 PM PST

Problem solved.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:19 PM PST

Happy 6th anniversary to the best game

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:10 PM PST

Talos watches over us

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:42 PM PST

Something to take a break from all the quests

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:03 PM PST

Reaper

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:23 PM PST

Rip skyrim together

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 07:29 AM PST

Skyrims opening makes no sense.

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 07:07 AM PST

I couldn't find this discussed anywhere else, so I thought I'd might as well make a post about it here!

Now after playing countless characters and breaking many saves due to modding (my own carelessness). I've seen the opening more times than I'd care to admit and could probably transcribe it from memory. As a result, I've noticed that things don't quite make sense. Also, massive nerd alert! Be warned.

So to summarise. We learn that the Dragonborn got caught crossing the border. We later learn this happened at Darkwater Crossing. To clarify, this is no where near the border and well within Stormcloack territory. The Imperials somehow managed to set up an ambush to capture Ulfric Stormcloack and for literally no reason decide to arrest the Dragonborn for crossing illegally despite having no reason to even assume he/she did. We'll just have to assume the Dragonborn was dim enough to admit it. Or maybe the Imperials are just dicks. Now the path they took is a different matter entirely...

The game starts at White Pass (also known as Pale Pass), which is where you cross the border to get to Cyrodiil south of Helgen. As far as I know, there's only two ways to get from Darkwater Crossing to White Pass. They would either have to take the road south-east through Riften, which is stupid because it's a Stormcloack city. Cross the border and end up north of Cheydinhal in Cyrodiil. Take the road west to Bruma, which would take them near the Imperial City. Then finally head north and cross the border at White Pass and eventually get to Helgen. Not only is this stupid and dangerous, it's a massive detour. No, they would have to take the road south-west past Ivarstead. Head west and take the pass just south of the Throat of the World. This would lead them literally within spitting distance of Helgen. But no! They would then have to immediately turn south travel all the way up the mountain to White Pass... Then immediately turn around yet again just to get the cinematic entrance we're all so familiar with. What, did they get lost or something?

Also, apparently the Dragonborn was asleep for the entire journey, which according to Ralof took three days. The "Hey you, you're finally awake." Seems a bit more understandable now.

This would all make sense if the ambush had taken place actually near the border, or if the game would begin with the carriage traveling on the road from Ivarstead instead of White Pass. Actually I would prefer if they kept it ambiguous as that would open up for different interpretations for different characters, but it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "It just works!"

What do you think?

*I don't know how compasses work.

submitted by /u/Yteci
[link] [comments]

Alain Dufont.. you cocky bastard.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:47 PM PST

Picked up the special edition on sale months ago, but never got the chance to play; eventually forgot about it. Rookie mistake.

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 01:38 AM PST

In honour of skyrim turning 6 I decided to post on of my screenshots

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:14 PM PST

Been a while since I started a new game. Do not remember this.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:44 AM PST

A first timer's experience so far.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:47 PM PST

So I never really gave this game a chance before. I fell out of gaming a bit around the time the 360 came out, didn't have a console again until the PS4 my ex-fiance and I bought when we moved into our first place a few years ago.

Well, I not too long ago came into possession of a 360 and I've been playing a bunch of games I haven't before. Right now it's Skyrim. I know, PC or the special edition on a newer console would be better but this is what I have right now.

But HOLY SHIT. I figured the game was good, hell it stayed popular this long. But I never knew. Taking a short break from my treck through Ustengrav right now. I'm level 9, about 8 hours into the game.

I still haven't gotten over the great ambiance of this game. Slowly making my way through this labyrinth like dungeon, sword and shield raised to protect myself from these skeletons and draugrs that keep popping up. And the soundtrack, shit I just get lost in wandering these dark, dank halls.

I'm sure there are tons of posts like these on here but I just want to say how much I'm really, really loving this game.

Oh and the books. I'm ashamed to say how much time I've wasted stopping to read every book I come across.

submitted by /u/HatBF
[link] [comments]

What happens to random NPCs who come into my house

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:00 PM PST

What is the silliest thing you've witnessed in your adventures?

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 12:54 AM PST

Lurker emerging from the darkness looks like a shot from a horror game!

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 05:40 AM PST

Mikael Started Stalking Me

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 05:31 AM PST

Happy 6th! :D

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:42 PM PST

My Time With Skyrim On PS3

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 06:48 AM PST

Yesterday I went to jail twice for the same crime.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 09:03 AM PST

Walking around Whiterun, I murdered Nazeem (as I always do) and was promptly caught by the guards. I don't even try to sneak anymore when killing Nazeem because it's worth the jail time to kill that jerk. After I get out of jail, I return to his body to move it out if the middle of the path so I don't have to see his bitch ass every time I walk through Whiterun. Suddenly, a guard approaches me and asks me what I know about this. What? I just murdered him, you already arrested me, leave me alone. I suppose I should have told him I knew nothing, but I didn't like that this guy was making a big deal of a crime that I already went to jail for, so I told him to screw off. He promptly threw me in jail again for not cooperating. The law in this city is so corrupt, does double jeopardy not matter in Skyrim?

submitted by /u/sovaros
[link] [comments]

Do all enemies scale?

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 04:10 AM PST

I mean does a higher level enemy scale down to my level, and lower level enemy scale up to my level? If not, is therea mod that does that for me? Wanna do this so I can start wherever I want in my other playthroughs..

submitted by /u/tupac050
[link] [comments]

Apotheosis Trailer (Upcoming DLC-Sized Mod) Surprised to see this hasn't been posted here, it looks horrifyingly awesome!

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:18 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.