Pokémon GO - [Discussion] Almost 2.3 billion


[Discussion] Almost 2.3 billion

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 11:45 AM PST

My mom hit level 40

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 09:34 AM PST

Yesterday, my 58-year-old mother hit level 40 after playing intensely since release. I'm a life-long game player who quit after completing my first-gen American Pokedex and reaching level 30 in September 2016. I never thought my mom would take it and run, or would know anything about Pokemon, let alone master the game. To start, basic concepts and game related terminology were alien to her. I taught her everything I knew about grinding efficiently, IVs, Pokemon gym offense/defense tier lists, etc. and she eventually understood and became obsessed.

Now she's a legend around our town. Children want to see her Pokemon. Grown men know OF her because she runs the gyms (in the name of Team Instinct), and they can't believe she's Madamepierce.

She's walked miles a day to accomplish this and is really happy to have lost 21 lbs and gotten in better shape. I'm very proud of my mom, and overall, I'm still stunned that this game brought us together.

https://imgur.com/a/8qvVx

submitted by /u/tacomybell
[link] [comments]

Slow day at his shop. [HUMOR]

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 03:15 PM PST

[Photo] A trainer at this raid had a pretty smart way of keeping rain off of his phone's screen

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 08:04 PM PST

Snorlax decided to make some changes after Thanksgiving

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 02:55 PM PST

Got a new phone - Does anyone have this original wallpaper?

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 03:21 PM PST

[Discussion] 2,506,211,806 Pokemon Caught

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 09:49 PM PST

Giant Crab Invades San Francsico Beach.

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 04:38 PM PST

What happens to Level 5 raids when the Legendary Dogs are done Nov 30th?

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 06:58 PM PST

Curious what everyone thinks will be the next level 5 raids. Would they bring back the birds from the summer? Move on to other unreleased Pokémon? I assume they will keep level 5 raids as this is something the player base actively pursues. And makes money for them selling the passes.

submitted by /u/Crazyfoxct
[link] [comments]

New wave of EX Raid passes have been given for 12/03 ... invitation still says "field test" though.

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 01:37 PM PST

New EX raid pass wave is a disappointment

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 06:20 PM PST

Niantic released that update promising that they were listening to us, but today, the same tiny group of people at the same sponsored stops were the only ones who got EX raid passes. After seeing the announcement, I went to my local Starbucks, did some raids, and got the badge to silver (despite the lack of potions from stops). However, I'm not sure that gym has even had an EX raid before, and it would be really nice if Niantic would either fix this system so that people know what they have to do to get a pass, or abandon it altogether.

submitted by /u/xenonpulse
[link] [comments]

[Art] 9 seen, 0 caught... I understand you so much now, Eusine...

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 01:37 AM PST

[AR Shot] Scary Bug! (My best AR photo so far)

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 08:08 PM PST

2 billion Pokémon!!!

Posted: 23 Nov 2017 11:02 PM PST

Had a wild encounter that seemed all too familiar

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 07:48 PM PST

We should hit 3 billion at Nov 25 9:50pm, Toronto time

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 01:49 PM PST

[story] I accidentally made poliwag my starter

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 11:56 AM PST

I opened Pokémon go and for some reason it had logged me out and needed me to log in again. I use a google account, but that's not my main email address, so I just typed in my main email address without thinking. This created a new account which then wouldn't let me log out until I caught a starter. I wasn't interested in catching one as I have no interest in having two accounts so I thought I would press my go plus to see which one it caught. It caught a poliwag instead, so when I actually caught a starter, (bulbasaur) it was 40 cp. Now I'm wondering how far you could get without catching a starter...

submitted by /u/jreeves1992
[link] [comments]

Just tapped on a Hoothoot and it made a Houndour cry

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 10:01 AM PST

It was still the same pokémon when i caught it but when i encountered it it made the sound Houndour makes instead of Hoothoots cry. Wish i took a video of it but it was really weird. Anyone else have this happen?

submitted by /u/team_aqua_
[link] [comments]

Dust for failing to defeat a raid boss

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 06:44 PM PST

Sushi at the beach!

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 03:11 PM PST

[Story]PokemonGo creator raises $200 million ahead of Harry Potter game launch

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 03:46 PM PST

I had enough of these: How to make use of them efficiently?

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 10:13 PM PST

We have had a consistent catch rate of around 500m per day, seems fishing.

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 10:08 PM PST

So according to the graph of the twitter tweets from /u/b0ners4u post

Graph image link

The catch rate is surprisingly linear. Seems fishing. I wouldn't doubt that Niantic has capped how many catches it reports every day.

this means that double xp had no effect on how many pokemon people caught. With lures going for 6 hours at a time, people weren't able to catch more faster? And to top it all off, once we got double stardust, which everyone is always complaining about not having enough, the catch rates did not change?(Also don't forget the increased spawns). Thanksgiving also maintained the rate close to 500m catches a day. If you look at the graph it is on course to just make 3 billion right before Nov 26.

I understand why Niantic would do this, but it would be nice to have an accurate assessment of how things are. I know I would rather lose if we did not earn it and if we are going faster than they expected, they could have supplemental rewards to keep people excited about playing.

For every 250m over 3b they could increase the bonus stardust and xp by .1 (at 3.25B catches we would get 2.1x xp and dust then 2.2x at 3.5B etc.)

I would expect to see around 2.5B tonight within .1B variance

submitted by /u/cih137
[link] [comments]

What's the longest someone has stayed in a gym?

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 06:22 PM PST

[Question] Been hibernating @ James Dickson Memorial in Algonquin for so long. I guess no one wants to come up North ... too cold! Hoping to set a bit of record and stay here still Spring

submitted by /u/EverthingIsAwes0me
[link] [comments]

Gps drift with go plus

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 08:10 PM PST

Hello trainers! So I just bought my go plus and seems to be working wonderfully. I usually keep my old phone (so my new phone doesn't overheat) open all night with Pokemon go on, taking advantage of some GPS drift to hatch eggs. I was wondering if I can connect the go plus now and keep the screen off? Maybe even hold the button down with a coin or something so that it can catch Pokemon all night? Is this possible or does it not register the drift. Also will it disconnect half way through and screw me over? Thank you and any other go plus advice is welcome!

submitted by /u/Shakalance
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.