Overwatch - Weekly Trash Talk Thread - November 13, 2017


Weekly Trash Talk Thread - November 13, 2017

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 09:08 PM PST

HERE YOU CAN GET RID OF ALL YOUR ANGER AND HATE.

CAPS ON AND LET IT ALL OUT.

JUST GET YOUR THIRD LUCIO PLAYER ICON DUPLICATE? GETTING PERMANENTLY KILLED BY THE MOST OP CHARACTER IN THE GAME? THERE'S TOO MUCH JUSTICE THAT RAINS FROM ABOVE? THIS IS THE RIGHT THREAD!

PLEASE STILL BE CIVIL, AT LEAST A LITTLE!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Blizzard please add a hooded version of Moira!

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:06 AM PST

https://imgur.com/a/k698K She looks like a real Sith Lord!

P.S This is not my work, just found it in one Russian OW community with no author.

Edit: The author was found! https://twitter.com/Loudwindow/status/930000759185317888

submitted by /u/Shnobz
[link] [comments]

Guardian angel watching over catatonic Australian.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 05:02 AM PST

Footman : 76, a warcraft inspired skin concept.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:49 AM PST

Overwatch is a prime example of how to run a game with microtransactions.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:31 AM PST

You have no idea how many friends of mine got Overwatch because it was $40 and included every bit of content. Maps, characters, and game modes. Microtransactions are ONLY COSMETIC.

submitted by /u/All_In_The_Waiting
[link] [comments]

Genji one man massacre, but without ult

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:37 AM PST

With the recent Battlefront 2 Lootcrate controversy, thanks Blizzard for making actually acceptable lootboxes

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 06:48 AM PST

I can't tell you how better it is that this game is $40-$60 dollars and when you buy it, that's it! Lootboxes generate enough to help you develop more and it's great for the average joe who can only get a game and thats it, cosmetics are the way to go and I'm glad you haven't tarnished your business model like EA.

Keep doing these and never stray off from how the Lootboxes are now with giving you only changes to your hero cosmetically and you'll do good in my eyes!

EDIT: I'm not defending RNG but I'm saying they knew they wanted their game to be fun so they at least aren't being douchey with the way they do it. I still think lootboxes need change but it's better then purposefully putting new guns. I'd rather buy skins upfront but I'm saying they at least wanted a way to make cash without ruining the gameplay.

EDIT 2: This game didn't start off boxes either, I always attributed it to CS:GO. Again, I would rather pay upfront for skins. Wish they let me change the thanks to at least in this posts name.

submitted by /u/Retic
[link] [comments]

Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 07:15 AM PST

I regret getting a gold portrait. 1 out of 3 games, I get made fun of for it. Blizzard just invites ridicule with the levels, they aren't something that garners respect.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 05:14 AM PST

unless you are in masters apparently. As gold/plat player, it's becoming a broken record to join voice chat (as I have done for 1300 hours of this game) and hear "yo gold portrait... do you have a life?" or "how are you not in masters by now?"

People even take time to direct message me to say it's lame that I play the game that much.

In defense of other golds and high silver level players, I have a friend who is level 450... and has an alternate account at level 100. I only play Overwatch. I love the game, and when i really love a game, i dont play anything else. He plays all sorts of games. Ill play with friends for a few weeks or a month, then they will spend a month playing the newest game. COD WW2 is the flavor of the month right now. I keep playing Overwatch. Then they come back to overwatch for awhile.

I dont enjoy tv, so I play overwatch when I have free time. I have 250 hours on my most played hero (lucio), out of 1300 hours. When I get bored with playing a few, I start playing others. I have 40-50 hours on about 20 heroes now and my friends rely on me to flex to any position, almost any character (Doomfist eludes me).

It's frustrating to see people who enjoy a game harass someone who loves the same game and enjoys what they do. I don't get it.

So the moral of the story is: if you see a gold portrait or high silver not joining chat, its because they got tired of the harassment.

submitted by /u/Delet3r
[link] [comments]

When D.Va dies, please show how much ult charge she has on Self-Destruct, not Call Meka.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 02:58 PM PST

Its really annoying when you are close of taking an objective and you need a self destruct, but the d.va dies and doesn't tell you if she has it or not. Even if she doesn't tell the ult charge by the gamechat, we could see it pressing tab and the "little check mark" would show up if she has it. Also, its not important to the team to know how much Call Meka Ult charge you have, because when mercy rezzes you, it goes to 100.

Its just a small change i would like to see.

submitted by /u/Spicyh_
[link] [comments]

Dear Phara Players: Mercy isn't your personal Healer

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 11:19 AM PST

I'm in high gold/low plat, (fluctuates) and there's something I've noticed about a lot of Phara players: They almost always expect (demand) a Mercy on their team, and said Mercy to stay glued to them the entire game.

Had a game on Eichenwald where we had a Phara who was doing okay, but the team quickly countered him with a Mccree and Zen. We made it close to the last point in the castle but lost. Defending round, he starts talking shit about how the Mercy wasn't healing him, and berating him for not knowing "the most basic fucking strategy" in the game. The Mercy player said she needed to keep the others up, particularly our Winston. We had a (not great) Lucio who couldn't outheal the enemy damage so she had to bounce back and forth between the team and Phara...who kept over extending and (again) getting hard countered by the enemy, which we pointed out.

So we're at the second part of the map, he continues to shit talk the Mercy for not staying glued to him, one of our other teammates have finally had enough of his attitude and told him to switch to another DPS and to stop acting like a child because Mercy wouldn't pocket him. The Phara player proceeded to say "I'm done. Have fun you c***" and switched to Bastion and stayed out of the fight until we got steamrolled. We did our usual "fuck yous" and asking the enemy to report him for throwing, all the while he kept telling the Mercy to "learn basic strats"

Now, this was an extreme case, but through many other games, I have noticed that (in general) Phara players have this arrogant sense of entitlement to any Mercy on the team, that they should be exlusively healing them while they "carry."

But that doesn't always happen. Sometimes she's the only healer (for reference I tend to go main tank...you know, the other class most golds and plats don't want to play @@) or sometimes the second healer can't keep everyone else up while Mercy is pocketing Phara, or maybe the Mercy is inexperienced and can't easily bounce back between Phara and the rest of the team.

The point is, don't go into a game expecting Mercy to completely babysit you, and own up to when you're being countered over bitching out the Mercy for not pocketing you.

submitted by /u/Phantomskyler
[link] [comments]

Schrodinger's railings: They are both broken and whole.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 03:56 AM PST

in 300+ hours of playing, this is one of the single best genji plays i've witnessed

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 11:57 AM PST

Thank you Blizzard for not having to pay for DLC

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:11 AM PST

Overwatch has been my favorite game since I got it over a year ago. It's my first FPS that I've put significant hours into so I'm not very good, but still truly enjoy the game. I want to say thank you to Blizzard for continuing to make content: new heroes, new maps, new skins and gamemodes, that doesn't cost extra for their playerbase.

I paid $60 for the game (console) and it's nice that Blizzard continues to respond to the community about balancing heroes, creating new maps, and generally paying attention to their fan base. Sure, sometimes they make poor or questionable decisions, but I don't have to pay extra to realize I don't like the new route they've taken. Since I got the game they've added two maps for the main game, multiple mini maps for different play styles, in a few weeks three new heroes, and reworked others. They continue to put time and effort into the game, and it shows.

Yeah, you can pay to get more loot boxes, but it isn't difficult to get loot boxes without paying. Blizzard keeps the playing field even for players from any socioeconomic backgrounds, unlike other game companies. So thanks Blizzard. We appreciate the lack of paywalls.

submitted by /u/maecee
[link] [comments]

Orisa with the Wombo Combo

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 02:47 AM PST

I would like an answer still to my suspension.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 07:41 AM PST

Hi everyone I'm sorry for replying here late this past weekend has been a bit big after my day suspension. Hopefully everyone is doing great! Reference

I'm making this post not to defend my selfish one tricking(I love engineers sue me) but to try and clear my name. I had went over with blizzard support on the phone and had been told "One tricking is not a bannable offense to their knowledge".

This raises a ton of questions for me because I still do not know why I was banned besides (Disruptive Gameplay?) and I don't think I will be told any details on why I was. To my knowledge unless I'm doing something unintentionally I don't think I'm a toxic player. I may not communicate sometimes in comms but I try to win and have reached high top500 every single season since the games start if that helps my case towards proving that I play the game legit. Most if not all of my matches have been streamed live and even though you cannot take my word for it and shouldn't listen blindly I have never thrown off-stream or flamed people off-stream I mainly just relax focus on the game and play silently.

Now I've posted on the official forums in hopes of a response: My statement and would be happy with either a private or open response by a blizzard employee on my unique situation!

I can totally understand having this happen on a holiday weekend that this could be a miscommunication between employees or such but this is something I feel strongly about because I haven't received a single infraction in WoW ever since I played when I was 10 years old, and in overwatch I have never received even a chat restriction.

Hopefully the community doesn't destroy itself over one tricks vs flex both are valid things even if one is selfish everything has its up's and downs and that's a discussion that can be furthered in the comments or another thread. I just really want some closure on this issue and to have my name cleared officially or the offenses I have done known publicly by everyone.

I thank everyone who's actively been trying to support me and everyone who's trying to create valid discussions without throwing hate out over the one trick situations!

I'm ending this post with my beliefs that I was falsely reported enough times for this suspension and would love an official word from blizzard that's not on the vague side!

Edit: I have also posted now on the official blizzard forums my own thread on the matter in case this helps visibility instead of the 100+ page thread: Thread

submitted by /u/Fuey500
[link] [comments]

Good Night Sweet Pig

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 06:57 AM PST

Most Calculated Zarya Grav Ever by Lassiz!!!!!!

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:50 AM PST

Toxicity is out of control, my fiancé had to stop playing for a while after this.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 11:20 AM PST

https://imgur.com/a/7FrA1 My fiancé was being harassed by a four stack last night for absolutely no reason. She didn't say anything or engage the people to instigate this ridiculous harassment. These screenshots don't even show the amount of badgering that happened on the coms before she left the voice channel. This has been happening more and more as this community ages and it's really killing what was once our favorite game. Toxicity is at an all time high in our experience and Blizzard really needs to step up their games, as Overwatch has become the most toxic community I've seen in awhile.

submitted by /u/CuttinUpHoes
[link] [comments]

when you watch ryujehong play ana but you play console

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:28 AM PST

So apparently McCree can cancel Nano

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 06:53 AM PST

Doomfist has been bugged for 3 months and ALL the bugs he has are still not listed in the "known bugs" section

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 11:55 AM PST

Hello,

Currently they have a Known Bug list on the forums with some Doomfist bugs listed, but nowhere near the amount of bugs he has... https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759368499

The most known bug is NOT even listed in there, the one where the enemy slides off the wall after you hit a rocket punch.

I would appreciate if you guys want to take a look at my post and give it a like/reply, I listed all the Doomfist bugs in one page with a lot of gifs and videos as examples

Bug Forum: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759279924

General Discussion: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759336843?page=1

submitted by /u/Superlala1
[link] [comments]

In addition to the Ana damage buff, can we get a buff for Ana's POTG chance and a "Player's Slept Card"

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 04:47 PM PST

I am not expecting Ana's POTG percentage to approach Junkrat or anything, but it would be nice to see her get a POTG every now and again, they are extremely rare as is regardless of skill level. Also there should be a card for sleeps, this is one of Ana's strongest abilities and it is strange it is not mentioned in cards.

submitted by /u/PathOfEnergySheild
[link] [comments]

I don’t usually play support... I know how Mercy works, but I’ve made an embarrassing mistake.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 12:09 PM PST

Overwatch to get 4K support on Xbox One X.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:10 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.