Overwatch - Weekly Role Discussion Thread: Defense - November 25, 2017


Weekly Role Discussion Thread: Defense - November 25, 2017

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 09:07 PM PST

In this weekly thread you can discuss the Defense roles of Overwatch to your heart's delight. What are the characteristics of those heroes?

The main objective of the defense role is to guard locations, create choke points, and establish a front. They may have long range weapons or the ability to create turrets, and excel at area denial.

Overwatch Wikia

You can find a list of the current defensive heroes on the Overwatch Hero Overview.

Share guides and strategies that are valuable to a defensive Overwatch Hero or other tips and tricks that helped you to get better. You can also propose ideas why a certain hero is bad in your eyes and how to make it better. Please do so in a constructive way!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Jeff Kaplan: One-Trick Parade

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 09:26 AM PST

IDDQD loses his tire...and his patience.

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 08:00 AM PST

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to live down the shame...

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 07:28 AM PST

Widowmaker teamwipe POTG top500 game

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 10:18 AM PST

Servers crashed so we let someone get the doomfist achievement

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 05:45 AM PST

Photobombing did not end with Junkenstein

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 10:35 AM PST

Moira needs a healing hit marker.

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 12:26 PM PST

Ive played moira and when I try to heal my team I do not actually know if Im healing them or if their out of range. We need something that makes this more obvious to us.

submitted by /u/JJ_07
[link] [comments]

Overwatch support is making people feel responsible for their penalties during server issues.

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 07:49 AM PST

This is highly discouraging

I understand that the original comments were 11 hours ago, but their replies come from just a little while ago during the server crash and their words seem to be broad enough to apply to this.

submitted by /u/CivilizedPsycho
[link] [comments]

As a fill player, I'm done with catering to OTP/DPS only players.

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 01:20 PM PST

As I've played Overwatch over the last year, I've noticed the number of 3+ DPS comps rising and the number of fill players decreasing.

When most of my effort is spent asking for a legitimate comp, Overwatch no longer becomes fun. If you're going to instalock DPS when we already have 3, why would I want to sacrifice my time and enjoyment to cater your selfish needs? I'd rather pick DPS and enjoy my imminent loss rather than putting in immense effort and stress trying to protect or heal a team that won't do the same for me.

Soon enough, this selfish environment is going to drive away all the people who are willing to fill. Then Comp will turn into another glorified QP. I don't know what the solution is to the problem, but I know I'm no longer going to stick around to find out.

submitted by /u/BorNProNStar
[link] [comments]

Wow!

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 09:36 AM PST

After my Disappointment with Battlefront 2 i decided to take up the offer on black Friday and all i can say is "wow". So much enjoyment with game, graphics are slick, gameplay so smooth, matchmaking!!! I actually feel like i can compete. Loot boxes are as they should be, cosmetic only! I can see me putting in a lot of hours into overwatch.

submitted by /u/wookieeslunchbox
[link] [comments]

I want this skin for Symm!

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 01:35 PM PST

Keep your monkey entertained with plenty of toy balls

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 12:58 PM PST

The Ting Goes Reinhardt from Overwatch

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 11:21 AM PST

How about no.

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 09:56 AM PST

Moira you're a healer, heal me!

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 03:41 AM PST

Why yes, I am healer. And I will heal you, if you just remember a few things about me many players seem to forget:

  • I have no vertical mobility. I can't heal you up in the sky, Pharah, and no, Genji, jumping somewhere above and shouting about healing won't make you healthy.
  • My healing range is 15 meters, come closer.
  • My heals are limited and need to be replenished by doing damage. So yeah, sometimes I literally cannot heal you.
  • Because I need to do damage, and be somewhat near enemy (21 m.) please protect me when I do. I'm squishy, I get focused easily, and my escape cooldown is 3 times longer than Mercy's.
  • Best way to get healed by me is by getting in front of me. I have 80 hp\s and my ultimate has 140 hp\s if you stay in front of me to do those heals and won't run away or hop around. If you all just be good meat-shields and run in front while I ult, you'll get heals, I will be alive, and everyone would be happy.
  • Follow my happy yellow balls for heals. Herd enemies into angry red balls for kills.

If you do that. I will be able to do all the healing you need. If you don't, well, I won't be able to heal, probably will be dead or running for my life from someone jumping me, and then you'll die too.

submitted by /u/Gapaot
[link] [comments]

I got a cool play as Genji on the new map

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 07:46 AM PST

Did EU servers just shut down?

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 05:35 AM PST

Me and quite a few other just got thrown out of a competitive game. I saw "xxx has left the game" just before I got disconnected myself.

submitted by /u/Fadeoff
[link] [comments]

I have peaked as Tracer

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 08:47 AM PST

When you accept your fate

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 07:33 AM PST

Rainbow Mercy Skin Mockup by me

Posted: 24 Nov 2017 11:35 PM PST

https://imgur.com/a/X6g5k

This is the first time I did something like this but I think it worked out nicely. It might be a little too colorful for in-game use though.

The color scheme is LGBT inspired because I had the idea while talking to some lovely people of /r/wholesomeoverwatch about that subject.

submitted by /u/Dismea
[link] [comments]

Sentai D.Va by quesozombie

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 01:20 AM PST

XQC Fakearoo Shatter

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 03:13 PM PST

When 2 Lucio mains meet <3

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 07:44 AM PST

The entire team was camping behind Orisa's Shield, snuck behind them and used my ultimate to get a sextuple kill!

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 01:49 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.