Games Endless multiplayer games and the fading joy of playing them.


Endless multiplayer games and the fading joy of playing them.

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 02:10 AM PST

At the age of 25 I just spent a good amount of my Saturday angry and not at all enjoyable playing COD:WW2, and it was today I realized endless multiplayer games need to be put down awhile for me.

For the last 5 or so multiplayer games I have bought and played these recent years. A since of accomplishment is always just within reach, but gets a slight nudge so it's never grasped.

As I and others age, time becomes the most valuable resource and these endless games are the heaviest hogs of it.

It is when I play single player or games with an "end" that I get true joy and satisfaction from.

Maybe I am becoming jaded, but the more I play a game without an end the more frustrated I get knowing what I am doing will never be fulfilled.

submitted by /u/Arrow_
[link] [comments]

The Witcher 1 Prologue Remake Mod Using Witcher 3 Engine

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 04:00 AM PST

Sonic 3D Blast DX Trailer!

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 04:43 AM PST

I think that Shadow of War speaks multitudes towards the "gameplay is the most important" argument

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:26 PM PST

So I just want to clarify that I don't think that this argument is cut and dry, it varies from game to game. And if it came down to it, I think that I would take an incredible story over incredible gameplay. But, I noticed something interesting while I've been making my way through Shadow of War: I loathe doing the story missions, but I really like playing the game.

Now, the story isn't really bad, but you can tell that there are differing points of interest. You can tell that the dev team has really poured its heart and soul into the Nemesis system, so that's where they want most of the gameplay. But for some reason, they seem to think that they can't make a story mode solely based around that, so they're trying to make this story involved with the LOTR lore (Well, their interpretation of the lore anyways) along with the Nemesis system, and you can just tell that they don't go very well together. It's almost as if they had one team working on the Nemesis system, and one team working on the story, and then tried to force them together into the same game.

So anyways, the story isn't really that bad, but running around killing and dominating orcs is what makes the game fun. It's what made Shadow of Mordor fun, and it's carried over into Shadow of War. And as I was playing tonight, I had cleared out an entire area and had only the story mission left, so I just groaned and had a "well, let's get it over with" attitude, and it just struck me that really in any other type of game, if I didn't care for the main story that much, I would have just stopped playing. But I genuinely enjoy Shadow of War's gameplay, so I muscle through the boring story missions to work on building up my army and slaughtering my way through Mordor.

submitted by /u/WhiteWolfofUtah
[link] [comments]

Super Bunnyhop - Review & Story Discussion: Wolfenstein: The New Colosus (Spoilers!)

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 03:19 PM PST

What do you think about the amount of NPC’s in Bethesda’s open world games?

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 03:25 AM PST

I know most Bethesda games are old etc... but with Skyrim being released so many times I thought I'd bring this up. Is it just me or do you think that the size of the cities and amount of NPC's take away form the immersion? Take Whiterun for example, there literally like 20 people in the whole town and that supposed to be a city? I've played Morrowind, Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout 4 for an unhealthy amount of time but when compared to something like the Witcher 3 it's hard to go back. Novigrad feels like a real city, with hundreds of NPC's walking around, going to the market and working. You could make the argument that the Witcher is newer but Fallout 4 seems to have the same problem. Anyway this isn't a post hating on anything, just looking for a discussion. On the other hand you could argue that maybe the game doesn't need that many NPC's to be interesting, and I could possibly agree on that but sometimes the small details really make the game for enjoyable. But the size of the cities feels underwhelming as well. You would think that Solitude, the capital city would be a bit bigger than whiterun. Anyway though I'm curious as to what you people think, maybe I'm just some ranting asshole on the internet who's bored of video games.

Edit* same concept applies to Fallout 4, not just Skyrim

submitted by /u/MemeMartyr
[link] [comments]

Dead Space 2: Raw Mouse Input mod just released.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:37 AM PST

Just like DeadSpace 1, DeadSpace 2 has a lot of negative mouse acceleration by default that can not be disabled.

I was a tester on DeadSpace2MouseFix: it gets rid of it and adds true raw mouse input + balanced Horizontal/Vertical mouse sensitivity, no deadzone, No automatic camera re-center... It's very easy to install: just drag and drop it in your game folder. If you like to play these type of games with a mouse, this a no brainer.

You can download it and check the instructions/features on his PCGamingWikiPage here

For those who want to change the FOV, you can use wideScreenFixer (also works with DeadSpace 1) just make sure you bind a key to the FOV change (in the WidescreenFixer settings) so you can toggle it OFF in the menu when you want to save, change your options...

For those wondering, the author of this mod, u/Methanhydrat, also made the same mods for DarkSouls, DeadSpace 1, Metro Serie, FEAR2, Mass effect, PREY, and mod to unlock the framerate (120fps) for Wolfenstein TNO, TOB and Rage.

For those curious, so far he has received......3 donations for all his mods...

Thanks to those who donated, you can contact him on his website if you wan to help him test his future mods/support/report bugs, or just say thank you...

submitted by /u/Kaibz
[link] [comments]

How Cuphead's Devs Gambled On A Dream

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:56 PM PST

Saving the World... 1000 Times Later ( Raycevick )

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 07:03 AM PST

Games that Push Hardware Limits 4 - Game Sack

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 01:29 AM PST

The Importance of a Game's Musical Score | Sick Critic

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:37 PM PST

Call of Duty WW2 Netcode: 60Hz Placebo?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:12 PM PST

Railway Empire - Short Trailer

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 03:13 PM PST

The Untapped Potential of Roguelikes - Interview with Josh Ge (Cogmind)

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 09:17 AM PST

XBOX One X vs XBOX One S Game Load Times (HDD and SSD)

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:55 AM PST

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - A Critical Defense

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 07:10 AM PST

The Art of Persona 5 - Takemi Creator Commentary

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:21 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.