The Legend of Zelda - Self Post Sundays! - August 06, 2017


Self Post Sundays! - August 06, 2017

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 09:09 PM PDT

To foster more discussion about the games every Sunday we turn the subreddit into self-post only mode.

Self-Post Sundays are our main discussion day. On those days we only allow text posts directly about the games themselves.

Please save your images, fan art, screenshots, videos, etc to the other days of the week. Use this day to discuss the games. Other posts will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

What do you want from the next Zelda?

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 06:13 AM PDT

Arlo's video about re-using assets to speed up production got me thinking, I'd like to see Toon Link return. Wind Waker style, gameplay revolving around the change of seasons (a mechanic sadly left to a GBC game), maybe darker like Majora's Mask, and more of a story than BotW while retaining the open world nature, and I'd be very happy. Have the 'handheld' team work on this and then the main team can take their five years to reinvent the wheel all over again. What are other people's hopes for the next Zelda?

submitted by /u/gachafiend
[link] [comments]

What is the diffrence between Ganon and Ganondorf?

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 08:17 AM PDT

link to the rescue

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 08:52 PM PDT

Any Spirit Track fans out there?

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 02:46 PM PDT

My doodle of BoTW Link!

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 10:24 AM PDT

Officially licensed electric ocarina coming out this fall!

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 08:59 PM PDT

What happened to all the fairies of the kokiri?

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 04:17 AM PDT

So... if the Kokiri evolved into Koroks, what happened to all of their fairies?

submitted by /u/Goudoog
[link] [comments]

How rare is Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland?

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 06:48 AM PDT

OoT sages?

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 06:36 AM PDT

So in OoT there are a few characters we see and then they vanish and are only seen again in the Chamber of Sages.

Did they die? And just support Link from the spirit world?

Or do they stay in the realm and we find out they are okay during the credits? I can't remember if we actually see them or just their environment.

submitted by /u/kattakatak
[link] [comments]

Darmani from Majora's Mask appears in Breath of the Wild as a rock sculpture? It looks identical to him, with the same necklace and hairstyle

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 02:25 PM PDT

Having fun with some of my MM figures.

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 01:48 PM PDT

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - Hyrule Castle (Outside) Piano arrangement + Sheet music

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 03:06 PM PDT

Need general Zelda help

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 09:12 PM PDT

I tend to have trouble in most Zelda games. I really enjoy them but with OOT, Wind Waker, and MM I feel like I can't go more than about 10 or 15 minutes without having to look up what to do next. A lot of the objectives are very specific and I feel like it's hard to find out what to do on my own. I don't want to hear that this might not be my kind of game because I enjoy all of it I just want to be able to play without getting stuck so much. Do any of you have any tips or advice?

submitted by /u/justfunyuns
[link] [comments]

A quick watercolour while my friend came over to play botw

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 07:23 PM PDT

What were your impressions on the Minish Cap?

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 08:43 PM PDT

Thinking about picking it up and was just wondering if someone could give me a bit of a review and their impression of the game.

submitted by /u/BasementBox
[link] [comments]

No idea what shrine I'm missing. I have the blood moon shrine marked in red. Just need to find the last one. BoTW

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 09:55 AM PDT

Do Not Disturb

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 02:03 PM PDT

I drew the cover of Breath of the wild. (This is my first time using colored pencil to color in one of my drawings so sorry for the bad shading.)

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 06:05 PM PDT

Faster(?) Guardian Parts harvesting

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 11:52 PM PDT

Requires Expansion Pass and Trial of the Sword glitch

I think I've found a faster way of harvesting ancient parts from the decayed Guardian in the pool near the Ja Biaj shrine on the Great Plateau. I've tested this and in 30 seconds got ~100 screws and ~80 cogs/shafts (guessing due to the lower drop rates).

It's quite simple. Perform the glitch as usual:

  • Start Trial of the Sword

  • Warp to incomplete Divine Beast

  • Warp to Ja Biaj shrine

  • Climb the wall behind it

  • Magnesis the door found just over the edge of the cliff and take it to the Guardian

  • Approaching from the north-east, lift the Guardian as usual (fully onto it's side) and push it towards the sapling (a slight elevation change) with the door (make sure the stream of parts is falling into the pond);

  • Raise a block of ice with Cyronis close to the stream, about a Link's width away

  • Magnesis the door onto the top of it, with it pointed at the stream

  • Get on the door (depending on the glitch, you might need to climb the Guardian and jump to it)

  • Stand as close to the edge of it as possible, next to the stream

  • Start hitting A and see what happens

It might make no difference for you, and you might know of a faster way, but doing this saved me a lot of time (3 stacks maxed in about 10 mins) as opposed to standing near a part-lifted Guardian and hoping I got the angle right (and thus getting only one or two parts every few seconds). Let me know how you get on.

Important afterthought: this was done on the Wii-U version. It might work on the Switch version. It might not (though I can't see why not)

submitted by /u/skulmuk
[link] [comments]

Hi guys, if interested, I made a video about the game design of Breath of the Wild/Zelda and Dark Souls [x-post from r/DarkSouls]

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 11:37 PM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJjUrPjZl-A&feature=youtu.be

What do you guys think? Zelda and Dark Souls are high up in my favorite series so I'm interested in other's thoughts. Also, I understand some people here are really into the stories of the Zelda games, which is totally cool. I certainly don't intend to poop all over the things people like.

I also tossed this on r/DarkSouls, hope that's not against the rules.

submitted by /u/CantankerousFox
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.