The Legend of Zelda - Self Post Sundays! - July 23, 2017


Self Post Sundays! - July 23, 2017

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 09:09 PM PDT

To foster more discussion about the games every Sunday we turn the subreddit into self-post only mode.

Self-Post Sundays are our main discussion day. On those days we only allow text posts directly about the games themselves.

Please save your images, fan art, screenshots, videos, etc to the other days of the week. Use this day to discuss the games. Other posts will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

When you open a pack of gum in class

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 02:59 PM PDT

Most Addicting Mini-Game In The Series

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:36 PM PDT

But what if Zelda was the girl?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 11:32 AM PDT

Here's what happens when you set up the Travel Medallion where a Devine Beast will be if you were curious

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 08:44 PM PDT

Matching tattoos.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 08:09 PM PDT

Maps and notes for original LoZ made by me in 1987

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 08:39 PM PDT

I finally decided to scan the maps I made back in 1987 for the first game. I hand-drew the maps on grid paper and later remade them using Appleworks on a library Apple // computer. Only the Appleworks ones are included in the PDF but if there is enough interest I can post the handwritten/drawn ones. Locations refer to the map included with the game, Letters going across, numbers going up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp2m2c1qks2ot9m/Zelda.pdf?dl=0

Bonus: Front cover of the binder I put these in, a little worse for wear over the years. Copied from original Nintendo art- my fine motor skills are/were pretty terrible but I thought it turned out okay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crs91ot8qznt7k4/Zelda.jpg?dl=0

submitted by /u/Qun_Mang
[link] [comments]

[OC] I take issue with Koroks hiding here

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 01:39 PM PDT

What do you guys want from the next Zelda game?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:29 AM PDT

Now that we've had our time with BOTW we can start to think about what we want from the next game in the franchise. Like villains, dungeons, art style etc. For example did you like the divine beasts or would you like for more traditional Zelda dungeons? Can they handle weapons and items differently or is this the right way to go?

I think everybody has some sort of idea of what they want in the next Zelda, so just fire away!

submitted by /u/SpearStatic
[link] [comments]

Hyrule Warriors Cemu 1.8.2 Nvidia GeForce GT 430 AMD Athlon(tm)2 x4 635

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 06:04 AM PDT

I did an arrangement of the Great Fairy Fountain for four guitars

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 09:18 AM PDT

I was at the Symphony of the Goddesses last night at Wolf Trap in Northern VA. It was even more amazing then it was for the 25th anniversary!

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 09:14 AM PDT

I'll get pictures soon, although I only have a few from the beginning and some of the shirt I got from last time. It was fantastic. There were songs from nearly every game, and the encore played Ballad of the Wind Fish as well as the Goron city theme from BotW. There was amazing cosplays. Someone was cosplaying Midna (trying not to spoil as best i can, but its not the imp) and it was fantastic. She had painted her skin blue and looked identical to the game.

I'm at work now, but I'll add pictures and stuff when I get home.

submitted by /u/Dlight98
[link] [comments]

Just made a little beat to the OoT title theme :)

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:39 AM PDT

Amusing or interesting mistranslations

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 08:41 PM PDT

Here's some that I know of:

  • "Don't tell anyone" was translated as "It's a secret to everybody".

  • "Temple" was changed to "Palace" when Adventure of Link and A Link to the Past were translated because Nintendo of America banned references to religion

  • "Sacred Realm" was changed to "Golden Land" during the translation of A Link to the Past

  • "Seven Sages" was translated as "Seven Wise Men"

  • "Desert of Doubt" was translated as "Desert of Mystery"

  • "Hylians" was translated as "the Hylia"

  • "foster mother" was translated as "surrogate mother"

  • "Demon King" was translated as "Evil King" or "King of Evil"

  • A reference to the Hero of Time going back in time was mistranslated as him a reference to him going to another land

  • A reference to "waiting for eons" was added to Demise's dialogue

There's also the manuals.

submitted by /u/darklordoftech
[link] [comments]

Just got myself a Shekiah slate wallet!!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 09:11 PM PDT

Anyone going to the Symphony of the Goddesses show at Wolf Trap tonight in VA? If so, I hope you enjoy the performance!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:24 PM PDT

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild by Patrick Towers [fan art]

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 12:56 PM PDT

To you, fellow Triforce Hero i met online

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 03:13 PM PDT

Hope you read this, i've had a ton of fun playing with you ⋆Sans⋆♩.

Unfortunately there's no way to communicate aside from those gimmicky (but legit hilarious emotes), i would've loved to share friend codes and play again.

Waiting for a third player has never been so much fun.

Clima

submitted by /u/DeepSolid43
[link] [comments]

I made an electronic remix of the Death Mountain theme from A Link to the Past!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:02 PM PDT

Game of Zelda: Thrones of the Wild

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 04:19 PM PDT

My Switch was stolen and now I have to restart Zelda; is there anything different I should do playing through this time?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 12:34 PM PDT

Title says most of it, my roommate invited someone over he didn't know very well and this dude stole my Switch with Zelda in it. It's not a huge deal for me because my roommate also has a Switch and he just gave me his (along with his copy of Zelda that he finished). The only thing I lost was quite a few hours of Zelda. I'm not sure how many because I never checked but I had about 15 hearts, had done two of the divine beasts, got the Master Sword, and had activated all the towers but three. I'm starting from scratch now and am about to finish the Great Plateau. Is there anything different I should do this time around given? I'm planning on starting with the Divine beasts I haven't done yet.

submitted by /u/seditiousseals
[link] [comments]

Something I never noticed about Wind Waker until now.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 11:36 PM PDT

Playing TWWHD for the first time, and suddenly it dawned on me: are all the residents of Outset Island devil-worshippers? Why are all the Triforces on their doors dark red and upside-down?

submitted by /u/maksimumoverdrive
[link] [comments]

I just beat the game!

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 10:48 PM PDT

and I'm a little buzzed. I'm ready to browse this sub and see what I missed.

submitted by /u/calligraphy_dick
[link] [comments]

This guy put ocarina of time music in a rap video and it fits perfectly! (Some parts are nsfw)

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 10:04 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.