Hearthstone - just drafted an arena deck with 2 tirions and a sunkeeper in the first 3 cards |
- just drafted an arena deck with 2 tirions and a sunkeeper in the first 3 cards
- Hearthstone Update: Upcoming Card Pack Changes
- Ben Brode announces new summer features. Out today!
- [0:26] Four Wolfriders of the Apocalypse
- Can Team 5 remember to forget to add a song to the next expansion trailer
- my sides.. i cant.
- Hearthstone Box Replica 2017. Wood carving. Made of Walnut.
- No duplicates impact on cost of expansions
- Hearthstone Update: Upcoming Card Pack Changes - News
- The fact that both Hearthstone and Overwatch are greatly reducing duplicate chance is a strong reminder that the individual dev teams are not in charge of these decisions
- Email authentication
- Kolento faces his greatest opponent yet... himself.
- Crafted my first legendary as a f2per! Feelsgoodman!
- Wait,so when the new expansion hits disenchanting crappy legendaries is actually bad?
- RDU Rap God
- I'm new and not very good...so this made me happy.
- The myth of the "skilless" aggro decks.
- I wrote a script that opens & counts packs till you get a full legendary set (with new changes in mind).
- LPT: Don't open your Tavern Brawl packs until the next expansion
- Can't wait to get compensated because the new pack rules don't work at the beginning of the next expansion.
- 12-0 Arena Run as WARLOCK (9 games vs Mages..)
- Raven, RDU and Reckful have been doing a fantastic job casting this event. For once, I actually have a Hearthstone tournament unmuted. I wish more casting sessions could be this casual, entertaining, and still very informative.
- TL;DR Kripp will be on H3H3 podcast
| just drafted an arena deck with 2 tirions and a sunkeeper in the first 3 cards Posted: 23 Jun 2017 12:06 AM PDT | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Hearthstone Update: Upcoming Card Pack Changes Posted: 22 Jun 2017 10:30 AM PDT
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Ben Brode announces new summer features. Out today! Posted: 23 Jun 2017 08:07 AM PDT
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| [0:26] Four Wolfriders of the Apocalypse Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:49 PM PDT
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Can Team 5 remember to forget to add a song to the next expansion trailer Posted: 23 Jun 2017 01:48 AM PDT | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 08:27 PM PDT
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Hearthstone Box Replica 2017. Wood carving. Made of Walnut. Posted: 23 Jun 2017 02:18 AM PDT
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| No duplicates impact on cost of expansions Posted: 23 Jun 2017 07:08 AM PDT Hey, with the recent announcement of the change to how legendary's can no longer have duplicates occur. It seems only reasonable to re-check how this will impact the overall cost of hearthstone per expansion. I've got a Monte Carlo simulation script that continually opens packs generated in accordance with the latest data, then continues until the set has enough cards to disenchant and craft all remaining. It does this over a number of times and returns the results. Some of the findings are as following, all data sets are done over 500 iterations (could do longer but cbf waiting.) Note that epic and legendary counts disenchant all non-requested cards and are based on specific epics, not total. So for the Tier 1 of 3 epics and 1 legend, that's based on specifically going for Sunkeeper Tarim, Meteor, Primordial Glyph and Gentle Megasaur. Based on data from metabomb.net. Direct dust is the amount of dust you would obtain only from duplicates and the amount gained by pressing disenchant all. Dust value is the value a pack adds to your collection (full value for new card, dust value for duplicate). Tier 1 is all cards in ungoro that appear in all tier 1 decks, and tier 2 is tier 1 and tier 2. Meta Set is all cards i personally consider useful, or strong chance to be useful in latter expansions (based on 11 legends, and 10 epics).
A few observations, As expected this change has very little on small scale sets and collections, but at higher collections, i.e full sets, people can now expect to buy 9.8% less packs then before requiring only 275 packs instead of 305, completing sets 11% faster then before. Script based on the one originally used by u/theASDF in his post here My script here [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Hearthstone Update: Upcoming Card Pack Changes - News Posted: 22 Jun 2017 10:33 AM PDT
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 12:45 PM PDT These upcoming changes were both announced on the same day so lets give the teams a break and thank them for all the hard work they do, and also pat ourselves on the back for getting the message to the higher ups that the current rates were unacceptable :) [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 23 Jun 2017 05:47 AM PDT This morning when I opened Hearthstone on my phone I had to log in (I had not logged out yesterday) and then needed a passcode that was emailed. Is there any reason to worry about having to do this? [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Kolento faces his greatest opponent yet... himself. Posted: 23 Jun 2017 09:25 AM PDT | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Crafted my first legendary as a f2per! Feelsgoodman! Posted: 23 Jun 2017 05:35 AM PDT So I opened one of those "one in a million" packs with a golden Gladiator Longbow, a golden Nozdormu, a Blade of Justice, and some rare Priest card. Used the dust from Nozzie to craft Patches. When RNG goes your way, Hearthstone feels really good! [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Wait,so when the new expansion hits disenchanting crappy legendaries is actually bad? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:16 AM PDT Think about it,why disenchant Crappy legendaries for 400 when you can be 100% sure that you WON'T open them again.Example Why disenchant Gruul now when you might open him again on the next legendary? [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:47 PM PDT
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| I'm new and not very good...so this made me happy. Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:10 AM PDT http://i.imgur.com/js1Dx6A.png I'm not very good at this game yet (I don't play card games at all so I'm not good at them at all) so when I get a win it's very rewarding. Winning at 1 health is even better. What happened was they got me down to 5 health before I summoned an Oasis Snapjaw and put a Houndmaster on it so it'd have +2/+2 and Taunt. They managed to get a spell card out that did 3 damage and firebolted me for 1 before I took them out. This game is fun even if I lose all the time. I've always wanted to try a card game and actually play it and not just collect the cards. [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| The myth of the "skilless" aggro decks. Posted: 22 Jun 2017 03:59 PM PDT Greetings, Preface I am Dimitri, a multiple times legend player, who most of the time lurks around the Competitive subreddit. I wouldn't write this there, because I assume that the majority of people who are there would understand this, and it would be better to try to reach a bigger audience within the community of Hearthstone. Earlier today, one of my "friends" from my friendlist in-game, who is at Rank 17, asked me what decks I play. Since I am rank 1, and pretty close to hitting legend again. I proceed and telling the player that the decks I highly reccomend to him, which are strong right now and I feel confident in using in the ladder are: Token Druid/Shaman, Murloc Paladin and Pirate Warrior. Oh my I didn't. That was a mistake. I revealed that it is a right strategy to use a quick deck to climb to legend?!
Said that individual. Then I asked myself. Why are lower ranked people, condemning aggro, and compare it to such a disease. Of course, often aggro is quite annoying to deal with especially when it can be backed up by early threats such as Flamewreathed Faceless, the allmighty circlejerk god, the Dr.4, the 477 himself. However, I think the more casual and lower ranked part of the community is making a grave error. Back in April 2014, when I picked up Ranked Hearthstone, I thought those control-lategame-based decks are the ones that require tedious skill, I was watching Zetalot play priest back then, and I thought that this is the equivalent of LoL's "Riven" or Dota's "Invoker," but in Hearthstone. Well that was my head 3 years ago, but now that I've matured, I know it is different, and I will try to make it simpler for newer players, or players who thought of it less. In the past I was in the same boat, but oh my, times change. Moreover, the individual proceeded to call me names, and hate me for my deck choices, then he mentioned "Miracle Rogue," and he removed me. Miracle Rogue is a high-skill cap deck, because it is a combo deck, and a deck that requires tedious pre-planning, it is not a control deck. People of the lower ranks often confuse "early game based decks" as blatant aggro, and late-game/combo decks, as control, which is if not flawed, downright wrong. Even Crystal Core Rogue has a high-skill cap, not as high as Miracle Rogue, but still lower ranks dislike it, because of its flashy gameplan and its ability to become very aggressive post-Core. So What? What is my problem is that the community of lower ranks, is doing big mistakes, which disables their ability to climb the ladder and learn the game. When my girlfriend is playing Hearthstone (Rank 20-15) she is usually having a ladder experience, infested by Priest. Priest? I decided to do some research, and I checked out the metrics of Vicious Syndicate, which identify that in the lower ranks, the class popularity is falling either on Priest or Hunter. Priest as a class is assumed the "royal," whilst a class like hunter is seen as a "cheap" one, both in cost, and playstyle. The Grave Error The community at lower ranks, mostly understands the game in black and white. Either this, or that. In other words, decks that pack a strong late game is one, and decks that pack a strong early game is the other. They don't understand concepts of combo or midrange, and usually these two concepts fall in the control category in lower ranks, mistakenly. But what is the issue? Lower ranked players focus on learning decks that are difficult for them, because they lack macro knowledge of the game. When a Priest uses dragonfire potion on a Token Shaman's board which is full of Totems, the Priest gets happy and assumes that was the correct play, but quickly gets pissed when the Evolve combo comes, and Shaman not only regained board control, but also prepares lethal with the bloodlust combo. Control decks require skill, but a rank 20-15 person, would pilot an aggro deck at the same rates as they would pilot a control deck. Exemplification The majority of the community, hates on specific classes and archetypes, with the reason that they are too frustrating to play against and that they are cheap. The hate on Shaman because of the previous standard year, putting Shaman in a pedestal, is just ridiculous, and as I've noticed in the #53 meta report post, there are many redditors bashing on Shaman. The hate on Pirate Warrior is another award of stupidity. Pirate Warrior is definitely strong, but it can be crushed by many decks, given the right conditions, even the mage decks that are "countered" by Pirate Warrior, can defeat Pirate Warrior by winning in attrition, throughout Ice Block, Ice Barrier and Alexstrasza. Token decks rely to get on board quickly and to keep the board, the game has many cheap area of effect spells/damage right now and means to achieve these such as the beautiful Primordial Glyph. Furthermore, most of these aggresive decks, lose by the time they thin their hand (which they do quite frequently). I can understand frustration against certain decks such as Freeze Mage and Quest Rogue, but if it beats you, play to beat it. That means, if you get matched up against Pirates, Tokens and Murloc Paldins, tech around them, or build your deck accordingly. Being greedy and wanting to play that beautiful "Deathwing, Dragonlord" is just as stupid as it is for a Pirate Warrior to do more than 15 Damage with 3 cards. The Brainless Face The concept of Face. Lower rank players often assume Pirate Warrior is a "face deck." Well guess what, rank checks out. Pirate Warrior relies on drawing early Fiery War Axe, Upgrades and establishing a board in order to be able to play out its style. Pirate Warrior is a burst deck, not a face deck. See a Pirate Warrior who doesn't try to control the board with his Fiery War Axe / N'Zoth's First Mate and you will understand that this individual will have mid-game issues, because his board can be easily removed with our own tools and minions. Aggro decks require to make the smartest early game trades, so they can create threats in the mid-game where their opponent will have minimum answers to. Meta Shift I see a lot of people hating on Quest Rogue, and don't worry, I dislike its gamestyle too. But Quest Rogue punishes those greedy slow decks. Guess why aggro decks are out there! In order to beat out the Rogue deck which sometimes, may even beat those aggro decks by highrolling tools such as Glacial Shard. The Un'Goro meta is the healthiest and I think aggro is healthy for the game to keep such decks as Quest Rogue, in check. Conclusion; Why is it a Myth? Aggro decks require a lot of skill, in some instances more than control decks do. The instance of pushing for face or doing smart trades comes to mind, the instance of playing around enemy high-value tools comes to mind as well, and the instance of requiring a specific draw sequence (such as to not draw early drops during-post midgame). Of course Aggro decks are more prevalent and are more frequent in ladder, since most of them are cheaper than control/combo decks, but that doesn't mean that aggro decks are less thought-requiring. In addition, by filling their deck with early drops, it is obvious that they will have a strong early-game, but then what? They often rely on topdecks to try to squish more damage, and they become the control's ragdolls. Aggro requires as much skill as control does. Combo decks are the top of the pyramid in terms of skill-cap, because they have a specific game plan that utilizes mutliple resources. Aggro decks pose questions; Control decks answer them. Combo decks are the pretentious semi-colon academic writers.
Thanks to the individual who chatted with me, removed me from his friend list, and inspired me to write this small article, because I was bugging myself for days why low-ranks rely on greedy decks, but now that I've interracted with one, I can understand why, and I feel able to write about it. Excuse me for some repetition and bad grammar, I wrote this within 10 minutes, so I can resume my climb. TL;DR Lower ranked players prefer greedy control decks, while they diminish the value and condemn aggro decks for not being greedy. Edit1: Formatting is being repugnant, I will get on it later if more people reach this article. Edit2: Using line-breaks because spaces between paragraphs don't seem to work. Day2 Edit3: Hit frontpage, didn't expect to reach such an audience, thank you. Edit4: The flappy bird examples of Turn1 Fledgeling are flawed. Statwise the most famous Token deck, records Fledgeling being played usually at turn 4 https://hsreplay.net/decks/lpMgfWAnglHTqwwHV7oY5e/ Edit5: Many redditors missed the point of the post and started the good ol' ad hominem, calling me a "faggro" player. Which is quite fun because I am a control player, who pilots "muh skilled" removal decks to legend, with my skilled cards "Meteor," and "Equality." Edit6: The point wasn't to say that aggro is more skilled than control, but that aggro is not as brainless as people say. [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 23 Jun 2017 01:16 AM PDT TL;DR : with the new packs update,you will need roughly 2̶3̶0̶ 260 packs to get all set legendaries according to my simulation. i will start with a disclaimer, i was never a pro in python, just used it as a student and its been awhile, wrote this code in a couple oh hours. with the new updates regarding -no more duped legendaries- it was clear that it became a lot easier to get all the legendary cards(non golden) in each set, but how much easier? thats the question... so i decided to write a python script simulating pack opening, pity timer and dusting. here are some assumptions i took to make my life easier:
-i used these pack statistics : http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Card_pack_statistics#April_8.2C_2017:_N._Millar_opens_1256_Journey_to_Un.27Goro_Packs here's the code: https://gist.github.com/dannyfey89/d5278989e0c37572629d537079ca0558 a quick explanation of the code:
all that was left was to create a collection and start opening packs till we got all the legendary cards in the set either through packs or through dusting. the results: a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶ ̶s̶e̶v̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶2̶7̶0̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶s̶.̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶l̶l̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶u̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶0̶.̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶2̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶2̶3̶0̶i̶s̶h̶.̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶p̶i̶c̶ ̶p̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶r̶.̶ with the new results, after tweaking with the rarity, it seems like you need a little bit more... more like around 260 packs to get all the legendary cards if this post does get popular, ill tweak the code to show the distribution of packs needed to get all legendary cards. here are some screen shots of some results: http://imgur.com/a/YI0OQ edit*: fixed code link and formatting EDIT2: Changed the code abit, added card statistics, epic pity timer and updated pack algorithm to give a more accurate result. this did change the total number of packs needed, now its a little bit higher [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| LPT: Don't open your Tavern Brawl packs until the next expansion Posted: 22 Jun 2017 10:53 AM PDT That way you won't get any duplicate classic legendaries! Edit: Packs are NOT pre-determined. Nothing happens to them until you open them. That has been confirmed on multiple occasions. Most recently here. [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:23 AM PDT Except I am an EU player and we will never get anything. [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| 12-0 Arena Run as WARLOCK (9 games vs Mages..) Posted: 23 Jun 2017 03:57 AM PDT Just felt like sharing ANOTHER 12-0 arena run I got with Warlock. Deck was pretty busted already, and the 30th card for Jaraxxus was the cherry on top. What I found interesting was 9 of the 12 games were vs mages. Hmm... Decklist: https://puu.sh/wsbqa/96174bed0a.jpg https://puu.sh/wsbqh/c8198e9ee3.jpg Opponents: https://puu.sh/wsbkV/9d221f6d10.png [link] [comments] | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 02:03 PM PDT | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| TL;DR Kripp will be on H3H3 podcast Posted: 23 Jun 2017 09:27 AM PDT
|
| You are subscribed to email updates from Hearthstone. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment