Smite - [Console] Patch Day Discussion/Bug Report Megathread- "Happy Trees" 4.8 |
- [Console] Patch Day Discussion/Bug Report Megathread- "Happy Trees" 4.8
- Patch 4.9 is gonna be Foxy
- Season Ticket really needs to be updated more consistently
- [SoaR] fineokay - Starting Builds for Solo Laners
- Incon destroying AlexJones - Causing a ragequit (family friendly)
- Season ticket is a mess
- Ranked Joust TP system broken, Conq and Duel may be affected as well
- Is it bannable to tank your rating so you beat lower level players for gems?
- Small Bellona QoL Change
- You cant hear thoth ulting in his newest skin
- "Stone by Day, God by Night." To find out more tune into SMITE patch notes show Wednesday at 4pm ET on twitch.tv/hireztv
- Roll Call Weekend Event [May 19-21]
- Can't Vote on Matches...
- Bastet kittycat (fanart)
- Ads for smite, has anyone seen one recently?
- Bellona, Goddess of War [FANART]
- Forge for Smite Android app completely reworked
- SMITE cinematics
- Why is ranked so unbelievably toxic?
- Smite Relegation and What They Mean for the Pro League
- When your team tries to hand you a penta and you still drop it
- A Sad Realization
- The Reason that NA is behind?
- Best gods to play when extremely depressed/anxious/feeling horrible in general.
- (QOL) Izanami needs an indication that her Spectral Progression has been buffed when involved with a kill
- I knew Mercury was fast but not this fast
| [Console] Patch Day Discussion/Bug Report Megathread- "Happy Trees" 4.8 Posted: 16 May 2017 09:22 AM PDT Please keep all bug reports in this post. All bug posts will be removed.Patch Notes Found hereNew God Skins
Twitch Bob Ross Event BundleIncludes 4 items
Obey BundleIncludes 3 Items
Item Balance Changes
God Balance Changes
Patch Notes Found here[link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 11:50 AM PDT |
| Season Ticket really needs to be updated more consistently Posted: 16 May 2017 08:50 AM PDT I know Hirez never answers on this topic, but I'm just going to state it again: The season ticket is not being updated properly. I'm constantly losing out on the ability to pick the outcome of matches. Also, old matches still show "Live" way after they have already been completed. Right now on CSL Split Two week two there are 4 matches, Tues - Thurs at 6pm. I cannot vote on any of them. "You cannot pick a match that has already started or will start in 5 minutes or less." "You cannot pick this match." [link] [comments] |
| [SoaR] fineokay - Starting Builds for Solo Laners Posted: 16 May 2017 02:41 PM PDT |
| Incon destroying AlexJones - Causing a ragequit (family friendly) Posted: 16 May 2017 07:46 AM PDT |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 04:28 PM PDT HiRez, don't you care about season ticket? You should. It is the biggest promoter of Smite esport inside the actual game. You add leagues a week late, then people can't vote on any match in certain leagues. Some tournaments get skipped. Not to mention updating of the results two, three weeks late. Once I even voted on a match that was already completed. And I got the FP. What the most frustrating thing is - it is a really easy thing to to fix and maintain. It's a glorified excel table for God's sake! Seems like you don't care about it at all. You sell the pass and forget it exists. [link] [comments] |
| Ranked Joust TP system broken, Conq and Duel may be affected as well Posted: 16 May 2017 08:10 AM PDT Warning: Long Read Ahead and no TL;DR other than the TP system is broken The TP system in Joust (possibly the other modes as well) is seriously messed up, and unfortunately has been for a very long time. The same issues happen this split/season as in previous ones. I will attempt to explain what the major issue is. My IGN is TheOmeletteKing and I am currently 83-6 in Ranked Joust as of writing this, sitting in Diamond I. Even so, I get +4 TP per win and a penalty for being "overrated" in post-game match lobbies. How can I be 83-6 and yet the system thinks I am overrated and don't belong there? I understand that I lost to Plat or Gold players in a few games where I was favored, and should lose a bit more TP in those games because of that. But to permanently be branded as "overrated," incur that penalty forever, and get super low TP gains for the rest of the season, is not fair at all. I will now try to explain what the system does as specifically as possible. I was getting +11 TP for most wins, as is pretty standard. Once I lost just a couple of games, even though I still had an astronomically high W/L, I started getting less TP. After my fourth or fifth loss I started getting +6 TP per game as my underrated bonus vanished. Then I lost my sixth game, and besides losing 16 TP (more than 3 wins worth of TP), I now only get +4 per game with a -2 overrated penalty. Every single game I was getting +6, but after the one loss, it is now +4 every single game, meaning it is quite obvious it was that specific loss that caused the change to occur. If I lose one or two more, I will start getting +2 for wins, as has happened before to both me (in previous seasons) and others. It gets to the point where people get +2 or even +1 for wins and -20 for losses. This same thing actually happened to me last split in the current season, and I ended up just giving up on reaching Masters or Grandmasters despite my 90+% winrate because getting +2 for every win and losing at least 8 times that for a loss is enough to make anyone quit. Community figure and pro player Suntouch made a very good video on how the ranked TP system is broken a long time ago, and some of the issues he addressed (such as Chaos Side automatically getting more TP, whoever was in queue longer getting Chaos side, etc) were addressed, but the part where he talks about becoming permanently "stuck" in both Conquest and Joust was never fixed. In the example, his girlfriend at the time TheBestTaco, now a Hirez employee, was 243-36 in Ranked Joust, yet since she got +2 for every win and -20 for every loss, making it basically impossible to rank up. I can assure you this same issue still exists even in this current split. I encourage HiRez to talk to Taco about this (as I am sure she remembers) so she can confirm what happened to her, and happens to many others. Here is the video timestamped: https://youtu.be/PPQdJJ5B03M?t=4m24s Not only is it frustrating for me (and others) to only get +4 (or less) for wins yet -16 or more for losses, but it appears that once you lose a few games and get bumped down to these super low TP gain thresholds, it is nearly impossible to climb back up. If you win 10, 20, or even 30 games in a row, you are still stuck at the low TP gain threshold. It is completely unfair to be permanently stuck getting +2 or +4 because you lost 5 games out of 90. I assume this "bug" or whatever it is only affects some players rather than everyone, as I know many people that have had this issue, but some who strangely have not. I know many people from many different splits (including this one) that have suffered from this. I have even known people to get stuck at +1 TP gains permanently even with 85+% win rates. (I urge HiRez to explore IGN HeartQQ from Season 4 Split 1 ranked joust or IGN Vilkur from the current split to see this.) I remember there was some issue a while ago that only affected really old Smite players but not new ones. Maybe something like that is occurring here. Nevertheless, it is clear the issue Suntouch addressed still exists today. I wouldn't be surprised if this issue exists in the lower divisions of ranked as well, although granted it would be much harder to detect. I had to make this thread because if you simply make a support ticket to HiRez, you get assured nothing is wrong and everything is working as intended like this: https://imgur.com/a/G7HeP Eventually, you can actually see HiRez address this problem or something related to it in this official post, which they claim they have since fixed. It has without doubt not been fixed. Here is an excerpt: "Unfortunately, we uncovered an issue (thanks to community reports) that caused inflated TP gains for a small number of users, mostly those of exceptionally high or low skill who are more difficult to matchmake. This resulted in those users being placed higher in Ranked than intended and their skill would allow for which created a poor experience for our users; mainly around the quality of matches players have and the amount of TP they gain and lose. Once we fixed this issue a new problem was uncovered in that the calculations for TP gain no longer favored those players, and the system tried to violently pull them back down. (This is why some users were seeing their TP fall much more for a loss than a win on a regular basis)." https://www.smitegame.com/mid-season-ranked-update/ I believe the problem lies in the ELO system, incorrectly identifying ELO and then essentially pausing ELO gains. I have a record of 101-6, and yet when I queued with my friend she has higher elo and picks first even though she is in Diamond V with a 21-6 record. Same number of losses, 80 less wins, yet more ELO. Edit: As I was waiting to edit and post this, I won 18 ranked matches in a row after getting the loss that bumped me for +6 games to +4 (-2 overrated penalty) and haven't lost since. Not only did my overrated penalty fail to go away so I would go back up to +6, but I actually somehow became more overrated and now incur -4 overrated penalties every game resulting in +2 TP games ever game. My friend (IGN: Vilkur) is currently a Grandmaster with 114 TP and an astounding 103-5 W/L, but is now permanently stuck at +1 TP games (-5 for overrated) because he lost a few games at some point. I've attached screenshots showing both my and Vilkur's cases as described. http://imgur.com/a/6SlqY I have heard from my highly ranked Conquest friends this split that this issue occurs there as well, but to a less severe degree. If you rewind Sutouch's video to 3 minutes in or so, he talks about the same thing happening to his friend Dodo. I can't comment on if it happens in Duel because I don't play it. If anyone made it this far, you deserve a prize. I have to study for and then take a my last final of college now (graduate tomorrow!) but I will try to respond to comments when I get back. [link] [comments] |
| Is it bannable to tank your rating so you beat lower level players for gems? Posted: 16 May 2017 05:59 AM PDT |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 09:05 AM PDT Can we please get a damn circle around her that shows how long a stance is gonna last?? Its not the same time her passive, it's about a second (a second and a half?) longer and it's even harder to tell if she doesn't have any passive stacks. Too many damn times I've gone to basic attack a wave with Bludgeon just for the animation to cancel and go back to her sword. With this QoL it would be easier to keep track of her stance and how much time you have on each of them. [link] [comments] |
| You cant hear thoth ulting in his newest skin Posted: 16 May 2017 02:57 PM PDT I got hit by thoths ult maybe 5 times in 1 game because i didnt hear him. Does anyone have the same problem? Should be done something about it imo. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 02:19 PM PDT |
| Roll Call Weekend Event [May 19-21] Posted: 16 May 2017 01:17 PM PDT |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 12:49 PM PDT I am trying to vote on the Matches happening today and within the next few Days and it's Saying "You Cannot pick this match". Kinda Shitty that I paid for the ticket yet I can't vote on the games. Update: Well Sadly the only thing I got back for submitting a ticket about the issue was a nice copy and past job Telling me ways to "Fix my Launcher issue" I wasn't Having a Launcher Issue but sure....Looks like we are missing out on more TP that we paid for 10/10 HiRez Great Company your running here...... Update 2: After Telling them the problem is now gone but we still missed out on the FP for today's games I got this back "Hello, We're glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. If you need any further assistance from customer support, please let us know. HiRezSkylar Hi-Rez Studios Customer Support " [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 01:33 PM PDT |
| Ads for smite, has anyone seen one recently? Posted: 16 May 2017 05:06 PM PDT Hirez says that they advertise smite, but i don't hear anyone talking about smite ads [link] [comments] |
| Bellona, Goddess of War [FANART] Posted: 16 May 2017 09:25 AM PDT |
| Forge for Smite Android app completely reworked Posted: 16 May 2017 10:59 AM PDT Hi r/Smite, I just released a complete rework of the Forge for Smite app on Android. Check it out! The UI has been completely reworked, and the builder has been redesigned from scratch for ease of use and more functionality. There's a bunch of improvements across the board, and lots of juicy bits. Any old crashing issues are fixed, but a few new ones are bound have popped up, so please report any issues! This is basically the same as the iOS version, which has been out for a few months. Going forward, I have a long to-do list of features that have been requested by users, and I'm going to work on these when I have the time to do so. Please feel free to send more suggestions for improvements and new features, I love to hear from you guys! Thanks! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 04:40 AM PDT I can't be the only person to actually love the cinematics Hi-rez make for SMITE. Just look at the first one with Fenrir, Neith, Thor, Guan Yu and Ymir, it's actually crazy good. Anyway I would love to see cinematics from them more often, something like WoW where they have them after quest chains etc but maybe have a cinematic joint with the release of Adventures or something so they're slightly frequent? [link] [comments] |
| Why is ranked so unbelievably toxic? Posted: 16 May 2017 09:08 PM PDT I just started trying to get into ranked after doing pretty decent in casuals for awhile and after only a handful of games I'm already getting turned off by it. Every single game no matter what I do or how I do it people will rage and BM about it. Then I get harassed the whole game. If I'm jungle people tell me to never to rotate to their lane after helping. Then they get pissed that they didn't get help later. Then whole team says they're gonna report me. All this in first several minutes usually. Crap like this every game. And what's with people wanting to give up in the first 90 seconds every time? Someone dies? F6. Someone has to back? F6. Someone accidentally picked up your buff? F6. Or worse they'll just afk/leave the match. I honestly can't believe how much worse the community is in ranked compared to casuals. In casual people will just tell me no problem and they'll wanna keep trying to see if we can win. And I don't get how so many people on this sub can put up with ranked. I've only played like 10ish games and I'm discovering a new level of hate for people. It's just disgusting [link] [comments] |
| Smite Relegation and What They Mean for the Pro League Posted: 16 May 2017 08:35 AM PDT |
| When your team tries to hand you a penta and you still drop it Posted: 16 May 2017 09:43 AM PDT |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 01:28 PM PDT I've come to realize that competitive Smite (ranked) is more exhausting than it is healthy. Grinding for TP, dealing with toxicity, trying to keep up with the meta/item changes and balances...is simply tiring to be honest. I'm not saying Smite is not a fun game, it really is but I personally think the Ranked scene is stressful if you want to be a serious competitor. I'm not really talking about duel, only about conquest and joust as I have no experience in the duel scene. I'm not here to persuade anyone to stop playing ranked or to criticize those who enjoy ranked, but for me and maybe others, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 06:16 PM PDT I'm beginning to think the reason that NA is behind in the competitive scene is because they follow the meta rather than make a meta. Anyone catch my drift? EU seems to be quick to try new things, while NA wants to repeat the same garbage over and over. [link] [comments] |
| Best gods to play when extremely depressed/anxious/feeling horrible in general. Posted: 16 May 2017 03:37 PM PDT Going through very bad time for me in my life. Not searching for sympathy just wanna know what gods do you guys think would be best to play during this situation? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2017 07:10 AM PDT As far as I can tell one has no way of knowing when Izanami's slow is empowered upon killing an enemy while they are slowed by it. Hell, lots of people don't even know this aspect of her kit exists. Is this information somewhere I haven't noticed? [link] [comments] |
| I knew Mercury was fast but not this fast Posted: 15 May 2017 10:04 PM PDT |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Smite. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment