World of Warcraft - Thursday Loot Thread


Thursday Loot Thread

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 03:05 AM PDT

Let us know what you got this week! Achievements, meta-achievements, mounts, pets, actual loot drops, gold thresholds, or other things that you can say, "Oooh, I got this" and be excited about. Post them here! Screenshots are encouraged but not necessary.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

World of Warcraft on the NES!

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 07:49 AM PDT

Relatable

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 02:28 AM PDT

Priest_irl

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 12:13 AM PDT

"thanks captain obvious"

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:18 AM PDT

There are 2 kind of people in brawls

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 07:47 AM PDT

A reminder about AK for Alts

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 10:09 AM PDT

If you are keeping up with AK levels on your main since start of 7.2, Now you already should have lvl 30 AK which allows you to buy a 25 AK lvl book for Alts. Maybe someone forgot and thought it was only lvl 20 AK

Have a nice day

submitted by /u/Tresdin28
[link] [comments]

Subtle reference

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 08:42 AM PDT

What is Magatha Grimtotem's favourite food?

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:29 AM PDT

Chili con Cairne

submitted by /u/xrcizer
[link] [comments]

I got strong Diablo vibes here

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 11:06 AM PDT

[Potential spoiler] Anyone ever looked up at the sky after beating Trial of Valor raid? It's like we're flushing Helheim

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 11:07 AM PDT

Noob here! I played WoW for the first time yesterday - I love it.

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 11:06 AM PDT

So, I started playing WoW yesterday and I love it. It's my first MMO. I feel like I've missed out on an entire world of gaming (pun intended). The MMO genre has been something that has interested me, but I've never gotten into it because my circle of friends IRL and online have never been the MMO type. So far, I've only played solo because I'm using the trial version, but once I reach level 20 (which will probably be by the end of the day - currently lvl 11) I'm going to dive head first into the world of Azeroth.

I decided to make this post because I feel like a lot of individuals in gaming have a bad image of WoW saying that "it's dying" or that people only play it "for nostalgia", but it's a beautiful experience so far and I expect it to only get better.

WoW is nothing short of beautiful and magical and even though I'm only a puny lvl 11 mage - I can see what has made this game survive and be such a driving force in it's genre as well as gaming as a whole.

So, thank you Blizzard and WoW fans for keeping this game healthy and high quality long enough that someone that decides to adopt it 13 years later still has a magnificent time.

Hope to possibly raid soon! See you in Azeroth, my fellow brethren

submitted by /u/GalactusTheGreat
[link] [comments]

When your mount gets tired of you taking screenshots all the time

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 08:43 AM PDT

What happens in Org at 12:30 AM

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 06:31 AM PDT

Mage Tower gives Waterwalking while mounted! So glad I got this, it was getting super annoying having to fly over water!

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 04:11 PM PDT

The mystery behind Ogdrul <The Seeker>, the rune-bound Drogbar in the hunter class hall

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 09:19 AM PDT

For those not in the know, there is a cave behind the hunter class hall which has a Drogbar in it who is bound by a rune. If you click him, it says something about perhaps being able to free him.

He has the skin for Rhok'delar, the old hunter bow from vanilla, on his back. It was speculated he would have something to do with the new hidden appearance. However, now that the challenges are out, his purpose is still yet unknown and no one knows how to free him.

Speculations?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=113688/ogdrul#screenshots

submitted by /u/NoThisIsABadIdea
[link] [comments]

What Could Have Been...

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 11:43 PM PDT

Ret Paladin Artifact Challenge guide

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 07:37 AM PDT

So I finally completed the Retribution Paladin challenge last night. What really helped me was to mentally break the fight into various 30 second mini-phases, and I thought I'd document what I did in case this is of use to others.

Legendaries: I used Magnum Opus and Aegisjalmur, the Armguards of Awe, for max oopsies survivability.

Trinkets: I used Memento of Angerboda and Eye of Command. Anything single target is fine; avoid anything that unavoidably AOEs, such Claw of the Crystalline Skorpid.

Talents – you want zero AOE to avoid breaking Repentance accidentally, so:

  • Final Verdict
  • The Fires of Justice
  • Repentance
  • Blade of Wrath
  • Justicar's Vengeance
  • Divine Intervention
  • Crusade

General tips/things to remember:

  • A simple macro for Repentancing Sigryn without having to manually switch targets is very useful for when multiple things are happening at once:

    /tar sig

    /cast Repentance

    /targetlasttarget

  • Any AOE that hits Sigryn while she's Repentanced will break it. So be careful where you throw Hammers, the direction you're facing when you cast Wake of Ashes, Divine Storm, etc.

  • In particular, remember that your Shield of Vengeance bubble explosion WILL break the CC if you're in range of Sigryn when it goes off.

  • With this talent/trinket build, you can safely DPS right next to a Repentanced Sigyrn (which WILL happen sometimes no matter how well you try to position) if you stick to Blade of Justice, Crusader Strike, and Templar's Verdict. Obviously don't Divine Storm.

  • You should nearly always be targeting the Runeseeker. Jarl is completely unimportant except when you're stunning him, slowing him, or running away from his Bladestorm. Jarl will die during Phase 2 to cleave without paying any targeted attention to him at all.

  • Runeseeker CAN be kited fairly well in P1. The trick is to get in its melee range and then slowly backpedal.

  • The fight is basically over when you get to Phase 2. You go from having 10 things to care about to having literally two mechanics to deal with. When you can get to Phase 2 consistently, you are really close to winning the fight. So keep it up, you're probably closer to winning than you think you are!

0 – 30 seconds:

  • (Pre-pull) Use a Potion of Prolonged Power.
  • Throw a hammer at Sigryn, let her chase you to the opposite side of the room as Jarl and the Runeseer. Cast Repentance on her when she's getting close to you. She will now be CC'd for 60 seconds. Leave her there, and run to the two adds.
  • After a few seconds, Jarl will cast Beserker's Rage.
  • Stun him and continue cleaving the two adds. (6 seconds)
  • When the stun falls off, slow him with Hand of Hindrance (10 seconds).
  • Runes will spawn while Jarl is slowed. Go run over the runes. The first golden healing orb will also be up now, in case you take a melee swing or two from Jarl.

30 – 60 seconds:

  • Some downtime to cleave the two adds.
  • Runes will spawn again. Go run over the runes.
  • Right when you're done with the runes, Sigyrn will cast Blood of the Father, which will fail because she's still Repentanced. The Repentance will fall off now, and you should immediately Repentance her again. She will now be CC'd for 30 seconds.

60 – 90 seconds:

  • Go cleave the two adds. This is a relatively slow period.
  • …however, this is the first time that you'll get Dark Wings. Make sure you position yourself in the hole in the line of valkyr to not get hit with them.
  • At the end of this period, Runeseeker will cast Ancestral Knowledge for the first time. You want to cast Crusade about 10 seconds before this happens. (If you wait until she casts AK to Crusade, you'll waste the last 10 second of crusade when you're running away from stuff that happens later.)
  • Use Drums of Fury, cast Crusade, use your Potion of the Old War. This is pretty much your only 40 second window of the fight to cleave down all three of them with not much else happening, and your goal is to get them low enough to transition to P2 as soon as possible.

90 – 120 seconds

  • The second Repentance will fall off of Sigryn. Do NOT Rep her again, or you'll trigger diminishing returns. Let her come over to you, and now you can get some solid cleave time in while you're going ham on Runeseeker to break the AK bubble.
  • Whenever the AK bubble breaks, interrupt Runeseeker and continue cleaving.

120 – 150 seconds (Wombo Combo #1)

  • This is the start of the hard part. Don't expect to DPS much for the next minute or two. Which is fine, this is not a DPS race. Just focus on learning the order of mechanics and avoiding them.
  • Jarl will cast Bladestorm.
  • Right when he's casting it, move far away from him.
  • As soon as you're at a safe range, cast Repentance on Sigryn, because she casts Blood of the Father at the same time as Jarl's Bladestorm. Sigryn will now be CC'd for another full 60 seconds.
  • You're gonna be out of range of everyone while Bladestorm is going on, so feel free to literally just sit there or Flash Heal yourself. Don't be a hero.
  • After Bladestorm ends:
  • Try to kite Runeseeker away from Sigryn so you can DPS more safely.
  • You'll have to pretty much continuously run over runes and avoid the valkyr waves. Like I said, don't expect to DPS much – your goal is to survive.

150 – 180 Seconds

  • Run over runes, avoid valkyr waves, continue to have bad feels about not being in melee range of anything. I think this is also when you have to break Runeseeker's Ancestral Knowledge bubble + interrupt her for the second time.

180 – 240? seconds (Continuous Wombo Combos)

  • This is when things get really hairy and a lot of things start happening at once – so much so that I'm still fuzzy on the exact order of events.
  • First off, Rep will drop off of Sigryn. Don't Rep her again right now, because she doesn't cast Blood of the Father for a little while and you don't want diminished returns later when she does cast it.
  • Jarl will Beserk, you'll have to stun/slow him, run over runes and avoid a valkyr wave – all at the same time. This is the most dangerous moment of the whole fight, and there's some RNG involved with the placement of the valkyr and runes, so sometimes taking a strategic bubble is the best play if you need to.
  • When Sigryn starts to cast Blood again, Repentance her.
  • At the end of this period, you'll get some sort of Bladestorm + other stuff combo. Good luck.
  • Crusade when it comes off of cooldown.

This is around the point where you'll transition to Phase 2 – Sigryn will empower everyone, which sounds bad but is actually really good for you. They may do their bad stuff one more time (I think this is when you get the Bladestorm + other stuff combo from above), but after that they mostly just…stop doing stuff.

Phase 2

  • No more runes! No more Blood of the Father! No more Beserker Rage! No more Bladestorm!
  • The only things that happen are the waves of valkyr and Runeseeker casting Ancestral Knowledge – both of which happen more frequently than in Phase 1. Sometimes they happen separately, sometimes at the same time. Basically, this is a DPS check on breaking near-continuous AK bubbles.
  • You can still choose to Repentance Sigryn during P2, but it is much less important than in P1 because she isn't casting Blood any more. It can still useful since it will prevent her from using Throw Spear and leaving puddles on the ground, BUT it also means you won't be able to DPS Runeseeker as freely since you have to watch your AOE – it's much more difficult to kite Runeseeker away from Sigryn in P2 because she's casting much more frequently. Once I got the hang of P2, I didn't bother casting Rep on her, and I just worked around the puddles.
  • Depending on your HP pool, the vaklyr wave probably won't kill you if you're topped off – if you're in a bad position and you have to break Runeseeker's AK bubble at the same time, breaking the bubble is more important because AK is a guaranteed one-shot if it goes off.
  • Jarl does absolutely nothing during P2, and will die to cleave without you paying attention to him at all.
submitted by /u/AluminumFoilist
[link] [comments]

[Fan Art] Sketch of Maiev Shadowsong that I'm working on and thought you'd all enjoy

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 09:11 AM PDT

Elite Strike missions

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 01:35 PM PDT

Thanks wow loading screen, what a great tip!

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 01:12 PM PDT

Rare and Epic champion equipment for Order Resources

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 09:49 AM PDT

Currently we got nothing to sink any of our leftover order resources into, so it'd be nice if we were at least able to buy champion equipment (not just the random boxes we get from a hall upgrade) for Resources, eg 5k OR for a Rare and 10k OR for an Epic champion equipment. I don't think I'm alone with having very shitty equipments on my class halls' champions so it'd help quite a lot and loads of OR could be spent this way.

Tl;dr: give us a vendor for specific champ equipment items that are sold for OR.

submitted by /u/MyselfHD
[link] [comments]

Why I hate Noblegarden

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:44 AM PDT

I'm convinced that female trolls, and female goblins don't exist. Those are the last two I need for the achievement. It was hard enough trying to find a female dwarf!

submitted by /u/bigsarge04
[link] [comments]

"Is there something on my head?"

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 12:25 PM PDT

Mythic+ (or raid) Class Tricks

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 12:55 PM PDT

The idea of this post is to share or learn tricks your class can do in the various encounters of WoW to either make a mechanic significantly easier or cause some other beneficial result that may not be obvious.

submitted by /u/Gamdol
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.