True Dota 2 - How do I deal with a Lina in the lane? |
- How do I deal with a Lina in the lane?
- Late-game Consumable Talent Reset Item
- Learning to gank in laning phase
- How do you deal with being dealt with?
- Booster with 95% brood win rate. (link in post)
- How do you play Invoker vs AM?
- Need some advice on broodmother and general high ground pushing tips.
- Item Idea: Abduction Hood
- When does Kiev start in EST time zone?
- What kind of stuff should I focus on to get to 4k?
- Looking to play Arc Warden
| How do I deal with a Lina in the lane? Posted: 20 Apr 2017 04:29 AM PDT For context: I am 4.7k Whenever the enemy team picks a core Lina, I can never seem to win my lane. Just yesterday I played vs her as Invo twice, and lost both matchups even with support help. I even lost against her as Tinker, who I consider to be a lane dominator. I watched a Sumail replay as Invo vs a Lina, and he sustained in lane by calling a salve every minute. I feel like that isn't a option for me, for courier needs to go to other places rather than just my lane. Does it come down to simply picking the right hero? I dodge her dragon slaves 80% of the time, get some denies, but I'm always either a level behind or I simply get solo killed. What do I do? [link] [comments] |
| Late-game Consumable Talent Reset Item Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:10 AM PDT With the dawn of the new talent trees, wouldn't it be interesting if you had the ability to reset talents with a consumable item (worth maybe 2000+g and available only past 30 mins)? Skill builds correct themselves as the game goes on because you run out of things to level up, but talents stay the same. Wouldn't it be good if you can for example, change your support venge's magic piercing stun to the vengeance aura as she scales into another core come ultra-lategame? Or for some other heroes to change their XP bonus talents to more useful ones once they are level-capped? It could even be named after Oracle's Orb which lies in-line with his lore that he can peer into other realms of possibility. [link] [comments] |
| Learning to gank in laning phase Posted: 20 Apr 2017 04:39 AM PDT Hello, I have played about 3,000 games but I basically never gank before the 10 minute mark ever. I am aware that this is pretty bad strategy for many games now. I mostly play position 1 or offlane. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for leaning to gank more or encouraging myself to gank more? I have read on reddit that spamming roaming heroes can be good to learn about ganking. Does anyone know a good roamer at the moment aside from ogre/mirana/mOnkeyking ? [link] [comments] |
| How do you deal with being dealt with? Posted: 20 Apr 2017 01:32 PM PDT Eg I'm necrophos and axe buys blademail, or the support picks omniknight. How do you deal with counters. [link] [comments] |
| Booster with 95% brood win rate. (link in post) Posted: 20 Apr 2017 08:43 AM PDT https://www.dotabuff.com/players/321267874/matches How does this guy manage to get such insane levels of farm consistently as brood? I'm not much of a brood player myself, but managing to get 8/9 minute orchid every game then ending the game around 20 minutes is insane. I even saw games where this guy was up against triplanes that counter him and he stomped them. He goes with a pretty standard skill build (W/Q/Q/W/Q/W/Q/W) and then getting ult and talents whenever possible, and leveling passive whenever you can't level anything else. I don't know what talents he goes for but i'm guessing he gets the XP talent at ten because of how insane his XPM is in every game but it's possible he gets nuke damage to combo with orchid. His item build is also pretty standard every game. He starts with soul ring recipe and then some mixture of sustain, vision, or whatever the game calls for. The. he always goes orchid and normally gets it before 10 min mark and finishes off deso not much after. After that he gets necro 3 and just demolishes everything on the map. I didn't get the chance to watch any of these games but the dota buff stats speak for themself. I get that he is a much higher skill player than those in this bracket but what can someone like me who isn't 6K+ learn from how he's playing? What i seem to notice is that he has much lower deaths than most people in his bracket while also having many more last hits and many more kills. His XPM is always insane and GPM likewise. You can see his hero and tower damage are also enormous in every game he plays so his impact is definitely recognized. He's probably abusing the lack of coordination of these lower mmr players but there has to be something he does that makes him able to go beyond godlike every game and stomp in 20 minutes. [link] [comments] |
| How do you play Invoker vs AM? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 08:36 PM PDT I'm still learning invoker. I have 60 games on him at a ~70% winrate, but I feel like I'm lacking a lot of experience playing the hero. My strength as a core player is getting farm, so most of the Invoker games I win is when I'm able to farm up my items and do well. In this game, we were owning the early game. I won my lane and we got lots of kills early. We took down all of the outer towers, then we failed an aegis push top. Throughout the game, I felt that I was forcing myself to group with my team to kill AM and kill towers. I'm not sure if this was the right play, yet I felt pressured to end the game early. We weren't able to successful break highground, and we needed ways with dealing with AM's splitpush. I had a lot of trouble finding farm that game; there was an AM taking up lots of farm, and we unfortunately had a Furion who also took up lots of farm. I really struggled playing this game, because I felt like I couldn't find farm anywhere. If we wanted to kill AM, it was usually Furion tping in to sprout and orchid with my sunstrike. Once he got Manta, he was basically impossible to catch. Usually when I lose my Invoker games, I'll know what I could've done better. Whether it had been avoiding ganks early or playing better in general. This particular game, I felt really useless and unable to do anything. Could you guys provide me some insight as to how I should've played this game? And how to play Invoker vs AM in general? [link] [comments] |
| Need some advice on broodmother and general high ground pushing tips. Posted: 19 Apr 2017 08:48 PM PDT Finished a game of brood and I got to say he's stronger than ever. Easily cut back row and kill everyone behind. You dont even need to web in and walk pass the front row just buy a dagger, camp on the side and jump in with ult.
We successfully went high ground but cant destroy anything. Granted they have a tinker with aghs, our supports with no greaves/solar crest/lotus orb, and traditionally brood has high ground pushing issues after all the tier 2s are down but that game was not the case. I did not continue to dominate a lane when the tier 2s are down or fight with their supports in a sentries war and helped my team in teamfight because I dont want to be one of 'those' brood players. That means we head high ground early with 2 bkbs and that should had been enough to go for suicide rax.
Didnt get them rax. If you have some tips regarding brood and general high ground push, or can point me towards a specific comment from recent threads about this topic (I'm sure there is some, I searched) I would appreciate it. Thx in advance and I'll be watching some bulldog replays. Dont want to share replay because I want to figure out brood. I can analyze my decision making when I watch replay. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 20 Apr 2017 11:06 AM PDT Made from cloak and smoke of deceit and a recipe. 15% magic resistance 2+ all stats Active: Disconnects the vision of the target from their allies and visa versa for 8 seconds. 500 range. 80 second cooldown, 75 mana cost. [link] [comments] |
| When does Kiev start in EST time zone? Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:24 AM PDT Couldn't get a response in Dota2 so I decided to come here lel [link] [comments] |
| What kind of stuff should I focus on to get to 4k? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 09:35 PM PDT I am currently at 3.3k MMR, and I feel like I've plateaued a bit. Usually I just play as well as I can on days where I feel I am at my best, but that will only get me so far. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Apr 2017 08:09 PM PDT 4.1k player here, never played the hero post rapier nerf, but I feel like it would help with micro and be a fun hero to play. I spam invoker most of the time, however I feel like I can play a strong naga siren as well. Dotabuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/167326810 Opendota: https://www.opendota.com/players/167326810/rankings Sorry for formatting, this was posted on mobile [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from True Dota 2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment