Overwatch - This Week in Tournaments/Esports (April 4th - 9th) + Two New Flair


This Week in Tournaments/Esports (April 4th - 9th) + Two New Flair

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:44 AM PDT

This thread is a compilation of all the upcoming Overwatch tournaments and ESports over the next week. All links can be found on the sidebar under UPCOMING EVENTS.


Announcements

Rivalcade announces Overwatch Rumble

This $10,000 prize pool tournament will feature 8 invited teams, and an open qualifier for 8 others. The Open Qualifier will be held on Tuesday, April 18th at 7 PM EDT.

You can sign up for the Open qualifier here.

The Group Stages (8 invited teams + Top 8 qualifiers) and the Playoffs will be held on April 22nd - 23rd receptively at 2 PM EDT. The invited teams are as follows:

Team Team
EnVyUS Rogue
Immortals LG Evil
Cloud9 Selfless
Splyce compLexity

Matches will be streamed at LiveTheBattle.


Professional Play

OGN Apex Season 2 (Grand Finals)

Korean-based tournament where sixteen invited and qualifying teams from KR, EU, and NA battle for a combined prize pool of ₩200,000,000 KRW ($178,000 USD). The final two teams have been decided, and will play on April 8th 18 KST (5 AM EST/11 AM CEST) to decide the winner of Season 2, and ₩ 100,000,000.

Grand Finals

RunAway vs Lunatic-Hai

The match will be streamed at OGNGlobal.

Overwatch PIT Championship

Two regions (EU and NA) bring 10 pro teams and 2 qualifiers to compete in a $15,000 regional tournament. Invited teams are as follows:

NA NA EU EU
Gale Force compLexity NiP Lazer Kittenz
FaZe Clan LG Loyal Team Dignitas Hammers Esports
LG Evil Rise Nation Team Singularity Ninjas Misfits
CLG Renegades eUnited Gamers Origins
Rogue TeamLiquid Moviestar Raiders ex-ROX
Selfless Gaming You Guys Get Paid? ALTERNATE aTTaX Vivi's Adventure

NA Group 2 Matches

Date Match Match Match
April 4th FaZe vs LG Loyal LG Loyal vs Tempo Storm FaZe vs YGGP?
April 5th Liquid vs Tempo Storm FaZe vs Liquid LG Loyal vs YGGP?
April 6th Rogue vs FaZe Rogue vs Tempo Storm Liquid vs YGGP?
April 7th Rogue vs Liquid Rogue vs YGGP? FaZe vs Tempo Storm
April 8th LG Loyal vs Liquid Tempo Storm vs YGGP? Rogue vs LG Loyal

Matches begin at 16:00, 17:30, and 19:00 PDT respectively (7 PM/8:30 PM/10 PM EDT)

Matches will be streamed at overwatchpit.

Full Schedule and Standings can be found here.

ROYAL Season 1

This "Adria" region League (Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania) has a $500 prizepool in hardware. Two matches are will run April 4th 16:00 CEST.

Matches are streamed in Croatian at owadria.


Weeklies

  • Rivalcade's weekly tournaments for EU #7 (8 PM CEST) and NA #7 (9 PM EST) run March 28th.

  • Season 2 of the Overwatch Arena, /r/CompetitiveOverwatch's weekly EU community cup with Razer gear and cash for prizes, continues April 4th 18:50 CEST (Sign up here). Steamed at ThePlaysTV.


*This thread will be updated as new information and events come up.

submitted by /u/SpriteGuy_000
[link] [comments]

Junkrat double jump flank into quintuple RIP Tire

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 08:13 AM PDT

Sombra bumps into Mercy in Soho! #Sercy?!

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 09:32 AM PDT

New hero "very far along in development" says Kaplan

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 08:06 AM PDT

Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan has revealed to IBTimes UK that the hit online shooter's next playable hero is a lot closer than fans may have expected just two weeks after the introduction of the game's last hero, Orisa.

Article: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/overwatchs-next-hero-very-far-along-development-says-director-jeff-kaplan-1615318

submitted by /u/GDChortle
[link] [comments]

Overwatch 'cheat-maker' told to pay $8.6m to Blizzard - BBC News

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 03:44 AM PDT

Kaplan: April 11 event has playable element, Widowmaker skin and explores history of Overwatch universe

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 08:54 AM PDT

New interview with Jeff: Zarya won't be getting a skin in the next event, there was once a cat hero, talks about PvE and more

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 01:17 PM PDT

I have suddenly become a winston main

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 05:39 AM PDT

A chinese woman's attempt to reach the heavens

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 08:02 AM PDT

I am not a smart woman

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 05:30 PM PDT

how 400+ hours or DDoS attacking looks like.

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 10:32 PM PDT

GET THAT NANO VISOR OUTTA HERE BOYYYYYYY

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 04:51 AM PDT

GRANDMA RAINS FROM ABOVE

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 11:05 AM PDT

I got Ana...Wait...WHAT

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 02:57 PM PDT

Granny calls in a hit

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 07:00 AM PDT

Jonny Cruz (Lucio VA) meets a Lucio Cosplayer

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 01:03 AM PDT

TIL You can emote while in a trap

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 08:18 AM PDT

"I Think our widow is cheating.."

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 09:12 AM PDT

My graphic card's temper tantrum made for some beautiful scenery on Lijang Tower

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:28 AM PDT

I wish I had thought to take more screenshots http://m.imgur.com/ZT2Mh6o

submitted by /u/m0llyw0bbles
[link] [comments]

This is my first post here, and i'm not proud of it (Bastion fanart... sort of...)

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 10:42 AM PDT

Bastion, in a fluffy maid outfit : http://imgur.com/gallery/Cx7kP

Idea from a friend and this outfit challenge

Also, she did the same with Zarya :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSTiWb7hQQz/

submitted by /u/Cee-Rum
[link] [comments]

Accidental nano

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 02:58 AM PDT

Coming from a DPS main;

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:08 AM PDT

Recently, I decided to try out playing healer in competitive games, as it was the only role that I had not played before (Genji main). But after playing quite a few hours of healers, I realised that the job of healers is not quite as easy as it seems. It was actually quite frustrating being line-of-sighted constantly by the same people spamming "I need healing!", and attempting to not die to the enemy assassin at the same time.

This has left me with a newfound respect for healers, and I encourage anyone to just try and main support for awhile. It may also give you an appreciation for that person who takes the support role.

submitted by /u/undying_
[link] [comments]

So the funko pop figure isn't out yet, so my wife made me this for my b-day :)

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 07:25 AM PDT

I am only a Youtuber with 27 subs and one of my video has already been stolen.

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 09:47 AM PDT

Edit 1: Even though I got some hate here and there, thank you for the people who have shown support. I hope other content creators could see this and make them aware that anytime their content can be stolen.

Edit 2: People are calling me a liar. To inform the misinformed, I am not. The main reason I do not link the Facbook user is because I do not want anyone to attack the Facebook user. It does not sit with me comfortably. Additionally, the main purpose of the thread is to spreading of AWARENESS of stolen content to creators and viewers.

Edit 3: This is the last time I will say this. When we think of stolen content, we think of content that been stolen from big youtubers. The FACT that someone stole my video when I a really SMALL channel really unsettles me. I need to make its clear that ANY content creator's work can be stolen. THATS THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD!!!!

Before I start, I want to give thanks to /u/Nilmor for making that reddit post about the Facebook groups stealing content. Here is that post that Nilmor made: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/636ydd/facebook_groups_are_stealing_content_from_this/

Hi I am a fairly new Youtuber that goes by the username "Daniel Berry" This is the video that has been stolen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LzSvhtJEjo

When /u/Nilmor posted a thread about the Facebook groups stealing OW's content creators work, I started browse my Facebook for a bit. Mind you, I hardly ever go on my Facebook. While I was searching, I came across a Facebook user who stole my video. I was shocked because 1. That Facebook user did not ask me or credited me for the video that they stole from me. 2. That video got about 1000 views that I did not receive.

I later message that user to take it down, showing proof that I was the the content creator of that video. It took little over a week for the user to take it down.

Although I was happy that the video was taken down, the happy feeling was taken over by sadness, anger and disappointment. I felt that my work was complete gone to waste and the time I took to make videos were completely useless. Starting out in Youtube is not easy and seeing some guy steal your work is the worst thing to happen, especially for the fact that I have school to attend, after-school events, babysitting, family life, and many things outside of my computer life. I don't have so much time to work on my videos (but I have a lot passion making videos) so it is heart breaking to see this happen.

So if you EVER SEE someone stealing someone's content, try to do the right thing. Here are some ways: 1. Go to the comments and share a link to the original source. 2. Message the user who stole that video to take it down or credit the content creator. 3. Alert the original content creator that their video has been stolen. This would be only used if the user refuses to give credit or take it down.

Note: I haven't linked that Facebook user because I don't want anyone to harass and attack them. Even though they have done something wrong, I don't want to see people attacking on the guy.

submitted by /u/DanielBerryYT
[link] [comments]

Someone find that TP!? - I GOT IT!

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 01:01 PM PDT

All April 11 update hints / reveals so far

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 03:35 AM PDT

In the following I will put together all hints I was able to find:


It all started with this post (and an already deleted post on facebook):

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/848958308643885056

( here you can see the larger version )

source


One of the lead character artists of Overwatch posted this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSb4fHPgWIf/

https://www.facebook.com/RenaudGaland/posts/10154255666636237

It might just be a promotional move but I think that we can definitely expect something big.

Since a character artist posted this, we can assume that there will be at least some new skins / weapons or something alike.

source


In the teaser we can sometimes see a person on the lower right center. People were specualting about the possibility of a new Tracer skin.

A skin that looks pretty similar has already been used in this picture where you can see Tracer next to Winston. Since it also looked a bit "steampunky" such as Tracers Steampunk Skin it's also possible that there are a bunch of steampunk skins coming for several characters to fit the lore.


Lumerico is a company in the OW lore with THIS logo. We can see a pyramid like that showing up in the background of the teaser on the top right.

Maybe we can expect LumeriCo to play a bigger role in the upcoming event.


Since King's Row is some sort of "robot ghetto", it is likely that the upcoming event will feature some robot / omnic related content.


Heroes of the Storm is PROBABLY also getting a big update on April 11 as some people claim. This update is supposed to include some OW features. That may mean that we get some HOTS stuff as well.


Theres a QR-Code on the top left of the video. When you scan it, it returns "Robot" or "n" in some cases. That's another indication for the Omnic Crisis plot.


On some screens in the teaser you can see words such as "TURING GR_______SWO"

and

"BUILDING AN O________UTURE"

You can complete the lower one to "Building an Omnic future". This leads to the conclusion that there will be some sort of Omnic Revolution or something alike


Here you can read some (mostly story related) ideas. was too long to summarize


PCGamesN claims to have some new information directly from Kaplan:

  • The event will be "non-real-world-tied" unlike e.g. christmas or halloween
  • Blizzard has been listening to our feedback
  • there will be a playable element
  • Many questions about the story regarding omnics and humans will be answered in this event
  • Widowmaker will get a new skin

source


If you have anything to add, let me know in the comments. I will add everything that's relevant.


EDIT: Yo, I did not expect this thread to blow up! I will add all your suggestions as soon as I can, don't be angry if I am not that fast tho

EDIT 2: There seems to be a FAKE twitter account of Jeff Kaplan spreading fake news about the new update. Remember that Jeff Kaplan has NO official twitter account and that he won't post anything related to the next update!

submitted by /u/Cloky
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.