The Legend of Zelda - TIL in Wind Waker you can kill the Forbidden Woods boss in one hit using the Forest Water


TIL in Wind Waker you can kill the Forbidden Woods boss in one hit using the Forest Water

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 06:02 AM PST

To celebrate only two more Mondays until BOTW, here's an (outdated) pic of my collection!

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 05:31 AM PST

Link Bae by Ry-Spirit

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 12:29 PM PST

18 days left! 18 previous Zelda games! Let's discuss: The Legend of Zelda

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 10:44 PM PST

This is a little idea to kill the boredom, and I really hope the mods don't consider it as spamming. This is the Zelda subreddit and lately we have been talking about BotW only (who can blame us?), so how about we discuss all the previous (main series) Zelda games? One per day, starting today and until the day we finally get to explore the world of Breath of the Wild.

5 simple questions about each game!

1. Your favorite aspect of the game? (Replay value, music, gameplay, characters, the world)

2. Favorite Dungeon.

3. That one song in the game everyone should listen to.

4. The quote, moment or cutscene that stuck in your head.

5. Why should anyone play this game?

Let's beging with the one that started all. Let's discuss The legend of Zelda (1986)

submitted by /u/Not2Xavi
[link] [comments]

Link's Items by Ian Goudelock

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 08:34 AM PST

Updated BotW Switch Cover

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 02:45 PM PST

My daughter made a special Valentine's gift! I introduced her to the series when she was 6 and she has shared my obsession ever since.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:17 AM PST

What are your thoughts as the release Breath of the Wild and the Nintendo Switch is nearing closer?

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 08:10 AM PST

I absolutely can't wait for their releases, and I can't believe it's finally this close! The more painful thing is that I won't be able to get the Switch and/or BotW on the first week, or the week after that. I guess I'll just have to use the display (if there will be one) provided at Game Stop until I can buy them...

submitted by /u/Enum100
[link] [comments]

Saw the Master Sword in Gatlinburg this weekend.

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 12:12 PM PST

Every Zelda Theory Ever - Parody

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 08:22 AM PST

Custom Zelda Cabinet! It saddens me that I can't bring it with me to LA.

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 02:12 PM PST

Legend Of Zelda T-shirts and more desings by Squid-Maker

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:13 AM PST

I enjoy Spirit Tracks a lot, but the Flute minigame is the worst thing ever created by man.

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 03:19 PM PST

I dunno how much better it plays on the DS, but on the 3DS it's easy to accidentally play a note twice because you're running out of breath, you don't get much time to do it so you have to do it on one breath, and even on the rare occasions where I do get all the notes in, it tells me "you just need to play the notes, ya dingus!"

This game is like going for a nice massage which is mostly worth your money, except for the several moments where they prick you with a pin.

EDIT:

I think this IGN walkthrough solved it for me! I hope it works for you guys too: http://uk.ign.com/faqs/2010/the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks-spirit-flute-guide-1088498

Essentially, you gotta keep an eye on the bubbles that come out of your panflutes when you play a note. If they break into smaller bubbles, you're doing it right. If they remain as single bubbles, it means they're either not in tune, or you've blowing wrong, or whatever.

Perhaps try to play the notes later, or even sooner? I couldn't get the last two notes of the final melody down until I tried playing the last two quicker.

submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
[link] [comments]

Can we talk about the Water Temple?

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 04:40 PM PST

I've never heard of something more overhated in my life. I just beat it right now, and it wasn't tough at all, it was actually really fun with just enough puzzles and challenge that make it enjoyable. It's easier than the Fire Temple, the boss was creative and unique. I also played on the 3ds version so the boots struggle wasn't there, and also the coloring of doors that tell you which change the water level make it clearer as well. It took a while, but a good while, and dark link was very interesting and a cool throwback! Why is it hated so much?

submitted by /u/GelatoCube
[link] [comments]

I photographed an amazing and gorgeous Zelda themed wedding! [OC]

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 07:07 PM PST

With the advanced motion controls with the Joycons, I think it is safe to assume we will see Skyward Sword released again for the switch.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:56 AM PST

With the influx of videos of people playing the switch at these events, people seem genuinely impressed with the motion controls. Arms apparently controls like a dream.

Could Skyward Sword be the next remaster released from Nintendo? Probably. It'd be welcomed too, the game is beautiful. Here is a link to a video showing SS running on the Dolphin Emulator. There's a lot of detail there that is just missed when playing at standard definition.

What do you think? Would you be interested to see Skyward Sword HD and re-released? Would you give it another try if you hated it before? The janky motion controls seemingly ruined it for many.

submitted by /u/luchiemManeuver
[link] [comments]

I hope BoTW becomes the best selling Zelda

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:51 AM PST

Brightened Link in an ALTTP/BOTW picture I made from last week.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:16 AM PST

People asked why Link was so dark, so... Now he isn't! Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/5tznt

submitted by /u/Spettacomedy
[link] [comments]

[SPOILERS] Theory on BOTW timeline placement

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 01:13 AM PST

I believe BOTW takes place after the Wind Waker Arc.

Generations after Spirit Tracks ends, the original Hyrule is now dry once again thanks to Deku Tree and company. The inhabitants of the Great Sea and of New Hyrule start to repopulate Hyrule once again. The royal family start to reconstruct buildings like the Temple of Time in memory of their heritage (this is why we have similar buildings to OoT and Hylia Statues in Skyward Sword). With Hyrule now dry and regaining its former glory Ganon resurfaces with it leading to the events of BOTW.

 

Interesting "Clues":

  • Emphasis on the blue: Link wears blue and we don't see him wear the famous green outfit we all know. This may be due to a loss of tradition after many generation of "peace" and no need for a Link to fight Ganon since Ganon is sealed by the Great Sea and Master Sword. The new blue may signify the new covenant the royal family has with the protectors/races of Hyrule and the Sheikah.
  • Ancient Sea Salt is an item
  • Koroks in the game
  • Deku Tree in the game
  • Beedle like character in the game
  • Master Sword of Resurrection may actually refer to Ganon's resurrection after the sword is removed from WW Ganondorf stonified remains.
  • World Map/Hyrule surrounded by what seems to be an ocean
  • If we closely examine the king's wish from Wind Waker its not very specific in ending Ganon forever only ending Ganondorf for that Link and Zelda.
submitted by /u/eaflores
[link] [comments]

What are your BotW theories?

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 08:06 AM PST

I'm just curious to see. I would say mine that the game will directly tie into the "Fallen Hero" timeline. I'm probably very wrong, but I guess that's the fun in theorizing!

submitted by /u/Anp3450
[link] [comments]

BOTW similarities to Majoras mask

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 08:03 AM PST

Okay so we know that BOTW is going to have massive amounts of side quests because the world is so huge. I didn't make an association until now that this game might be similar to Majora's mask in a few more ways. First I heard that there might only be 4 true dungeon style bosses which would be the same as Majora's mask. That means MOST of the heart containers that we get (assuming 2 full rows and assuming heart pieces are in the game but I'm guessing yes) are from doing side quests like in Majora's mask, which to me was the best part of Majora's mask, trying to get all the heart pieces. I only ever got 19/20 hearts sad panda. Anywayyyy I reason I would also like this is because 4 bosses would mean higher difficulty. (Again hoping/assuming) the bosses in Majora's mask were harder than bosses in MOST Zelda games, and Zelda bosses and the past few games have been a little to easy. These are my thoughts, what do you guys think

submitted by /u/Mand_Gaming
[link] [comments]

Question about Wolf Link.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 07:36 AM PST

Is it possible to save your hearts on multiple Amiibo for use in BotW? Straight up I haven't been able to go through TP and probably wont be able to before March 3rd. Looking for shortcuts ;)

submitted by /u/masterhylian
[link] [comments]

Non-Manga Books?

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 10:33 PM PST

Does anyone know if anyone has written any books that tell the story of the Zelda games' story? I know of the mangas, but I want to know if there are any books besides the mangas.

Would much prefer not manga style.

submitted by /u/OswaldFromZabwag
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.