The Legend of Zelda - 13 days left! 13 Zelda games remain! Let's discuss: Majora's Mask


13 days left! 13 Zelda games remain! Let's discuss: Majora's Mask

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 10:06 PM PST

In the next two years Aonuma acomplished the challenge of making a whole new Zelda game, reusing the same 3D game engine as Ocarina of Tima, and adding a brilliant novel time-based concept. The game turned our to be much darker, dealing with death and tragedy in a manner not previously seen in the series, and has a sense of impending doom as a large moon slowly descends upon the land of Termina.

In this thread we discuss all the previous Zelda games, one per day until we finally get to explore the world of Breath of the Wild.

5 simple questions about each game!

  • 1. Your favorite aspect of the game? (Replay value, music, gameplay, characters, the world)

  • 2. Favorite Dungeon.

  • 3. That one song in the game everyone should listen to.

  • 4. The quote, moment or cutscene that stuck in your head.

  • 5. Why should anyone play this game?

Let's met with a terrible fate. Let's discuss The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000)


Previous discussions: Ocarina of Time / Link's Awakening / A Link to the Past / The Adventure of Link / The Legend of Zelda

submitted by /u/Not2Xavi
[link] [comments]

My brother made me this beautiful one of a kind knife. Damascus steel w/ star sapphire.

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 10:53 AM PST

Quick survey. Which console are you getting BotW for? I'm curious.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:56 AM PST

[BotW] Lights on, lights off...

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 09:33 AM PST

Twilight Realm

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 03:51 PM PST

My Nintendo of America guest visitor badge and Zelda notebook I was given as a gift!

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:34 PM PST

Zelda: Skyward Sword in 60 FPS Using Frame-Interpolation

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 08:07 AM PST

I call it the Master Board of Resurrection

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 04:15 PM PST

Probably in the minority, but I'm hoping the HD re-releases are re-re-released on the Switch.

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 09:50 PM PST

I realize it's pretty unlikely as the HD versions are still fairly recent and they'd have to redo the UI, but since I skipped out on the Wii U and I'm most likely going to end up buying a Switch, it'd be a nice little bonus. I know I could always just play the original GC versions of TWW & TP which I still own (I'm actually in the middle of fresh playthroughs of each right now), but getting my TV to play nice with the GameCube is a pain in the ass and emulation isn't perfect. Plus, if we still get the virtual console games, as well as a hypothetical re-release of Skyward Sword, it would be possible to have every 3D Zelda on the same console-- portable!

submitted by /u/CacodemonMan
[link] [comments]

Breath of the Wild is getting a dutch translation: only text, voice acting will be in english

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 03:23 AM PST

Finally Started Skyward Sword

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:44 AM PST

I've held off on Skyward Sword since it's release. I heard so many people say they just couldn't get into it.

I'm not that far--but OH. EM. GEE. The lore sucked me in. I'm having more fun than I had in TP and WW.

Motion controls aside, what causes this game to get such a stigma?

submitted by /u/mradamsettle
[link] [comments]

ESRB explanation on why Zelda BotW is rated E+10 [Mild Spoiler]

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 04:33 PM PST

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Palace/Temple Theme (Accordion Cover) [OC] [X-Post /r/gamemusic]

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:15 AM PST

I ranked the series by how it uses Cuccos

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 02:42 PM PST

Music Remix: Breath of the Wild - Main Theme (E3 Trailer) [Violin & Acoustic Guitar Cover] by String Player Gamer

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 06:07 AM PST

actual 1st edition copy of The One That Started It All

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 09:36 AM PST

Gaming Wins - Discussion - Ocarina of Time

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 09:01 AM PST

Has anyone seen CinemaWins, which just celebrates everything good in a movie?

Let's do the same for games. Whether we're discussing big "wow" moments, or even small satisfactory details. This week: Ocarina of Time.

Moments like:

Entering Gohma's lair, seeing nothing, wondering what's makingt hat sound, before finally you look up and you're like "HOLY SHIT!"

submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
[link] [comments]

This is for anyone who's still trying to avoid Zelda spoilers...

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 08:31 AM PST

Link Designs by AlbertoV

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 10:19 AM PST

Can Link roll in this game?

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:43 PM PST

So I've been away from this subreddit for a while to avoid spoilers, even haven't been watching any of the latest videos/info to come out etc.

But I am curious about one thing, and that is even after seeing 3-4 hours of gameplay demo, I've never seen Link roll in BotW.

So is this the first 3D Zelda game where Link can't roll, or what's up with that? Will it be unlockable?? I know it sounds ridiculous, but every character has their own little quirks, and this is one of Link's. To have it missing would sure be weird.

submitted by /u/littleredridingsloot
[link] [comments]

One hope I have for Breath of the Wild

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:27 PM PST

I hope that the other races Mill about the world as randomly as we've seen shopkeepers and stuff do. I think this would really go a long way in making the world seem more alive. For instance, imagine just swimming in a body of water and a Zora surfaces. Maybe if you talk to him he will give you some kind of material. Or at any time a Rito could just fly by above you. Or maybe you are climbing up a random mountain and a Goron comes rolling and slams into you, then stops and apologizes. Kinda like that rolling Goron in OoT but not scripted. Maybe a young Goron just wanted to roll down a mountain as fast as he could.

It already seems like some races have scripted appearances, like the Koroks being in set places and the Sheikah being in the shrines, but just having the others truly populate the world like how I've mentioned would be amazing.

submitted by /u/Koala_Guru
[link] [comments]

What part of the gameplay for Breath of the Wild are you most worried about actually being good?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:12 AM PST

I think the large world. This could end up meaning that large parts won't actually have much or anything to do and might just feel a bit boring.

submitted by /u/Hawkeye34322
[link] [comments]

Classic Link made out of Lego, up to support if you'd like to see Lego consider making it a set

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 02:02 PM PST

First time Zelda player here and I'm a bit worried.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 06:42 AM PST

How will I know where to go, what to do next, if I missed something entirely. Is there direction in the game?

From what I see, you just do anything anytime you want with no specific order on tasks. I'm a bit confused to say the least.

submitted by /u/ThugSmokerzOnly
[link] [comments]

Some genius just said this on r /switch- can we all not spam "dawn of the last" threads right before release?

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 11:01 PM PST

I mean I know there's already probably a bunch of you with it already marked in your calendar to make that post

But that meme is getting kinda tired from being spammed for every game release now days

Edit- whoops I typed the title wrong

submitted by /u/theradol
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.