The Legend of Zelda - 12 days left! 12 Zelda games remain! Let's discuss: Oracle of Seasons


12 days left! 12 Zelda games remain! Let's discuss: Oracle of Seasons

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 10:03 PM PST

In the dawn of the GameboyColor era, Capcom work on the series by releasing not one but two Zelda games simultaneously. One of them explored Link's travel to the land of Holodrum. The gameplay had similar mechanics to Link's Awakening, but it featured a dinamic world where certain choices made by the player on the adventure would affect an outcome later on.

In this thread we discuss all the previous Zelda games, one per day until we finally get to explore the world of Breath of the Wild.

5 simple questions about each game!

  • 1. Your favorite aspect of the game? (Replay value, music, gameplay, characters, the world)

  • 2. Favorite Dungeon.

  • 3. That one song in the game everyone should listen to.

  • 4. The quote, moment or cutscene that stuck in your head.

  • 5. Why should anyone play this game?

Let's remember the sunsets of Holodrum. Let's discuss The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (2001)


Previous discussions: Majora's Mask / Ocarina of Time / Link's Awakening / A Link to the Past / The Adventure of Link / The Legend of Zelda

submitted by /u/Not2Xavi
[link] [comments]

A personal favorite in my collection

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 11:15 AM PST

[Spoiler]Aonuma's statement about the green tunic in BotW...

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 05:03 AM PST

This small interview was posted on official Zelda's FB (I'm sorry I can't find it subbed in english, I'm forced into the french page), and about the green tunic, Aonuma says :

"...and you will be able to obtain the green tunic everybody knows"

submitted by /u/yunlien
[link] [comments]

Please don't

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 08:27 AM PST

.... make a ton of posts titled "Here it comes!" one the last day before release.

... Who am I kidding, bring it on.

submitted by /u/linksawakening88
[link] [comments]

I was playing through Majora's Mask 3D and I found this paper airplane outside of Ikana Castle. Is it a reference to something?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:30 PM PST

Was looking forward to getting the Game Informer issue, but today I checked my mailbox and...

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 06:14 PM PST

What is the best Zelda game just based on the story?

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 09:04 AM PST

Out of my few Zelda games I have played, I would say Twilight Princess. I just found it a more interesting and different story than other games.

submitted by /u/Hawkeye34322
[link] [comments]

So close to Breath of the Wild! Here's my tattoo to celebrate!

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 08:51 AM PST

Which game is best for a beginner?

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 04:36 AM PST

hi, I want to play my first Zelda game, but I don't know which is best for a beginner, ocarina of time, or a link to the past

submitted by /u/FreshMemes420
[link] [comments]

BoTW is the Rogue One of the Zelda series

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 08:12 AM PST

Remember how a single paragraph in A New Hope's opening crawl became a movie on it's own?

The exact same thing is happening again, only this time, the whole introduction in A Link to the Past has become a whole new game.

submitted by /u/Bustin_Jieberr
[link] [comments]

Am I the only one who cares about Link's classic triangular hat?

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 05:58 AM PST

Fans are talking (a little) about the green tunic not being initial in BotW, but is no one worried about the hat? That's been a staple point of Zelda from the very beginning - Link's green, triangular fucking hat! Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited about BotW that I can hardly breathe, but ... it's tradition, man!

submitted by /u/AalumShake
[link] [comments]

Does the Wii U gamepad's touchscreen have any uses in Breath of the Wild?

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 04:21 AM PST

"It's dangerous to go alone": wallpaper for iPhone I edited, artist of source image is dandingeroz

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 03:18 PM PST

Repost from FB, all credit to Zeldoodles from tumblr. Man I can't wait.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 03:21 PM PST

[Art] Best part of the BotW trailer (no spoilers)

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 11:35 PM PST

My brother just surprised me with a gift......Awesome!!

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 04:53 PM PST

Artists on why Nintendo didn't move forward with realistic Zelda on GameCube after Spaceworld tech demo

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:08 PM PST

Triforce and Navi tattoo

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 06:33 PM PST

[Art] What will Ganon be like this time ?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:50 PM PST

Zelda link romance?

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 08:25 AM PST

I get the feeling that botw might have a alot more romance than past games. Is it weird I'm kinda hoping for a Zelda\Link B-plot love story?

submitted by /u/Beart_man
[link] [comments]

Skyward Sword is one of the most Incredible Pieces of impressionist art ever created

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 06:17 AM PST

I don't understand why clips from this game aren't displayed in museums alongside greats like Monday and Renoir. This games utilizes techniques from that style/era so masterfully that the average holster wouldn't even notice them.

submitted by /u/divine_Bovine
[link] [comments]

Some Questions

Posted: 19 Feb 2017 12:08 AM PST

Is it the same Impa in ocarina of time and Skyward sword?

Is it the same temple of time in TP as in ocarina of time?

After the temple in the sealed grounds is reconnected you can see symbols of the seven sages, how can that be if SS is way earlier then ocarina of time? Different sages?

Also I predict the skeleton of levias being in BOTW, would be a nice easter egg.

submitted by /u/KarstGT
[link] [comments]

Start of a collection and new me

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 09:21 PM PST

Just got these 2 things: https://imgur.com/a/NUs0z

So, just thought I would make this post to show you all what I recently got, and how they impacted my life recently.

I just got two LoZ items (an amiibo and the Hyrule Historia book) and it's kind of crazy how much they mean to me. I got into Zelda big time within the past year, but played Ocarina of Time, Minish Cap, and A Link to the Past when I was a kid.

I had a pretty rough 2016 and was in a bit of a depressive state. Not many things seemed to interest me and I would find myself irritable, sitting around and worrying. I began having panic attacks a lot and became quite unhappy. However, I decided to pick up a 3ds and a few games, some being A link between worlds, ocarina of time 3d and majoras mask. I played a link between worlds first and was amazed by the game. Quickly I began playing the rest and ended up purchasing whichever ones I could find locally and the rest digitally.

The Zelda franchise means the world to me as it is my own little place to go to block out the real world and just find peace within myself and the game. It is my happy place. I keep my amiibo at work and beside my bed at home as sort of a happy place momento. And when I don't feel like looking at a screen, I pop open the book and it never fails to cheer me up. And half a year later I am doing much better and finally feel like myself again.

I am quite curious to hear in what ways the Zelda franchise has helped others, or just how it has affected your life?

submitted by /u/GreyGoosey
[link] [comments]

New Link Render

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 03:04 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.