Pokémon GO - Trainer Tuesday - Post any of your real life stories and experiences in Pokemon GO! [Meta]


Trainer Tuesday - Post any of your real life stories and experiences in Pokemon GO! [Meta]

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 04:07 PM PST

Good morning /r/PokemonGO,

Another day down. Hopefully you all had a great Monday.

This megathread is for any stories you would like to share from real life experiences while playing Pokemon GO.

These stories and experiences are still allowed to be posted to the subreddit any day of the week, but now there's a thread too! Use this for any of your small stories and experiences that didn't really justify a full post.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[advice] ProTip: Use a hairband to attach a quarter to your pogo plus. This will essentially turn it into an auto catching goldmine of stardust.

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 10:58 AM PST

My buddy just sent me this from work. Looks like team rivalries are still going on.

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 09:55 AM PST

This is getting beyond a joke...

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 03:35 PM PST

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/828740163299901446

Every single time I get a notification that Pokemon Go has tweeted I get excited at the possibility of at least some form of news regarding upcoming updates but yet again they throw this useless crap at us constantly. I am not suggesting they stop tweeting these random tweets altogether but they could at least occasionally at least try and keep the hype going until gen 2 is ready (even if they just posted a picture of a model of an upcoming pokemon)... It is evident that I am not the only one frustrated by this ignorance to the community either looking at the replies that each of their tweets are getting... I am just finding it so sad that the Pokemon Go community is split and frustrated in such a way...

submitted by /u/pokeuser134
[link] [comments]

Can't believe Niantic Support

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:27 PM PST

So back in early to mid December, there was a pricing glitch in some countries on Android where it was charging %15 more, and I didn't realize till after buying the coins. ( cause we're all guilty of hitting next, next, next )

Needless to say they ended up fixing the pricing glitch a few days later, and ever since I've been trying to get Niantic to refund me the difference in price, yet I never got a reply.

Ultimately since I payed through PayPal, I submitted a claim to get the difference in price back (to which Niantic never responded to in the 2 week limit) so PayPal sided in my favour and refunded me the difference.

Then a few days later I go to collect my daily gym bonus and notice my coin balance is NEGATIVE the entire coin purchase. I'm assuming they thought I got a refund for the entire amount so they retracted my coins (which would be logical if I had actually got a full refund)

Basically Niantic got my money and I didn't get what I paid for, since I already disputed it through PayPal once and it won't let me do it again. I wouldn't care so much if it was a small package but I bought one of the biggest ones.

TL:DR - Bought coins during increased pricing glitch, got refunded the difference in price from paypal since Niantic won't respond to emails. All the coins got retracted from my account into a negative balance, and Niantic still wont respond.

submitted by /u/luminatx
[link] [comments]

Hopefully this chart will help to answer the age old question - should I evolve or power up this .........? [discussion][OC][strategy][idea]

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:30 PM PST

I know most of you (me included) have gotten way bored of this game..but today I finally have enough candy to get a Dragonite!

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:55 AM PST

Like most of you, I've pretty much stopped playing this game altogether. I will catch a Pokemon a day (if I remember to) and get that daily bonus. Sometimes I even try and get the Pokestop bonus, if there are any in my path. While driving/walking I will open PoGo and leave it there to count 'steps'.
Unlike most of you, I've been playing since launch and I am just now getting ready to evolve my Dragonair into Dragonite! It is a bit earlier than expected, cause I finally hatched a Dratini, which saved me like another 20 days of 'walking'.
My Pokemon IRL friend is coming over and I will evolve Dragonair then. I don't care what moveset I get, because his worst offensive movesets are his best defensive ones and vise versa.
Yay.
edit Got Steel Wing & Hyper Beam, pretty pleased!

submitted by /u/SirLucksalot
[link] [comments]

Today I finished North America Region Gen 1 Pokedex.

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 07:59 PM PST

Today I hatched Chansey, the last Pokémon I needed for Gen 1. When I started my goal was to get all 151 original Pokémon. It's the goal I set out for myself and today I gained one step closer reaching this milestone. Admittedly, I'm missing the other regionals and Legendaries so it isn't a true completion, but it is a great enough achievement to me.

All I am missing from Gen 2 now is Magby. Once I have Magby, I'll have all Pokémon available within my region. Here is my current dex.

http://m.imgur.com/krRJL3u

Missing Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mine, Magby. (I've seen Kangaskhan and Magby)

submitted by /u/MarcusHyrule
[link] [comments]

This game needs a good Electric Type Defender [Discussion]

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 07:50 AM PST

This would change up the Gym meta, you would need more than only Vaporeons to take down gyms. And Rock/Ground Pokemon will finally be relevant when attacking gyms.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/PatientlyWaitingfy
[link] [comments]

Candy/Stardust Created The Content Issue, Not Gen II’s Absence.

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 12:51 PM PST

TL;DR we need to ditch candy and stardust for a new Pokemon leveling system that combines buddy walking and battling.

Given all the angry tweets and snarky posts we have seen recently regarding Gen II's release, I just want to cover the actual issue (though this has been brought up many times before). Because the same thing is going to keep happening before it should.

Gen II has less Pokemon than Gen I

Though Gen II will bring 100 new Pokemon to the table, there will only be 36 fully evolved Pokemon that are new (I'm ignoring the Pokemon that do cannot be evolved for this post). It will be possible to have acquired the candy you need to evolve 12 of those already (ignoring the evolution items since we don't know how they work yet). Thus, we will only be receiving 24 wholly new evolutions to complete.

Gen II, for the aforementioned reason, will not sustain the attention of the player base for as long as Gen I did. People will most likely be able to complete the Gen II regional dex in less time.

Despite having new Pokemon, only the evolutions are new content, because that is the end goal; the final evolutions are the Pokemon you will be using when you battle.

Stardust and Candy are to blame here. And unless this is fixed (maybe the new evolution items will be a step towards this), every future Generation will have this problem.

Here it is: the game is designed so that you can progress without ever having to use the lower stage evolutions and/or base forms.

What we need is an individual-specific XP meter combined with the buddy system.

Allow me to explain. Dust/candy no longer exist. Instead you need to buddy with the Pokemon you wish to evolve, walk with it, and battle with it. When you've walked a certain distance, and accumulated enough XP from battling, then it can be evolved to the next stage. This system takes the emphasis off catching everything you see, and hones in on working with what you have. By doing this, the true content potential of Gen I would have been unlocked. To catch them all, you would have needed to use them all (or most of them unless you found a higher stage in the wild).

Leveling Pokemon independent of trainer level is important.

In the main games the Pokemon you battle regularly with will be stronger than wild encounters.

When you accumulate candy, it can be applied to any individual of that species. The same goes for stardust, but it is even more general since you can catch any species to acquire it. Inevitably you will find a higher level Pokemon in the wild, and the one you already caught is now disposable.

In the main games the concept of having a starter was relevant, because it was a Pokemon you would have to begin your journey with, one you could use to battle and forge a bond with. On the first playthrough of the game your strongest Pokemon may very well be your starter if you used it the most. In PoGo, your starter is your weakest Pokemon. It is far easier to catch a better Pokemon than it is to power up your starter to a usable level.

If the current system changed for Gen II, it would be extremely difficult to train up lower stage evolutions against the current Gym Meta. But not attempting to switch to a new mechanic of evolution and leveling will perpetuate the content issues we are currently seeing. So, I think something needs to be done.

submitted by /u/DavidKSA
[link] [comments]

[Question] I have run into an interesting problem. No matter how many times I power up this Onix(10x so far), there are still 2 IV options. I ran the math and it looks like it will never resolve. Any ideas?

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 11:03 AM PST

Apple Watch will not stay connected

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 02:14 PM PST

Anyone else having this issue? It'll stay connected for a few minutes then randomly stops. It was working fine until there was an Apple watch update last week, so I can only assume that's the problem.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app on my watch a couple times, force closed the app and reopened it... Nothing seems to work.

Help!

submitted by /u/NLPEI
[link] [comments]

Training 9 Chansey gym, 2600 prestige took me nearly 1 hour.. Any quicker way to train Chansey gyms?

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 02:16 PM PST

Please for the love of god make 100% IV's shiny.

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 12:16 AM PST

Think how much it will change up the gym game. Not only do your 100%s look awesome but you will actually be able to show them off. It will change up the gyms massively. I mean who doesn't want to stick a big shiny Arbok in a gym for all to see? It would definitely bring more life and excitement to the game for me as finding a shiny will bring back that rush when you found a good pokemon at the start.

submitted by /u/Iron_Life
[link] [comments]

I have some questions about Pokemon GO

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:08 AM PST

Hello,I'm a Pokemon GO user in Korea.I have some questions.

1.Now, So many Korean player use GPS spoof like Fly GPS, GPS faker, etc... It is big problem in normal player. I played 2 weeks, level is now 16, but there are 3000CP monsters in korea gyms. My highest CP monster is only 1423. How can I win that? Niantic catch spoofer in real time? Or is it impossible due to technical problem?

2.Have niantic ever done ban wave to spoofer? I want that GPS faker user no longer play the game. And other normal korean user waiting to ban wave.In other country,Ban wave was been happened at last year?

3.Find monster IV app (Iv go, podocs) used player also will be ban? It is also big problem in Korea now. Many Korean advertise this app, and so many Korean now using this app now.But I know using these apps are dangerous. Even if used app once will be ban?

submitted by /u/ktw5594
[link] [comments]

[discussion] Here are my 10 km hatching results so far! How lucky/unlucky am I?

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 12:07 PM PST

Game crashing every time I click a pokemon.

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:15 PM PST

I'm not sure what to do anymore I can't actually play the game except to spin poke stops. The game just crashes any time I click on a pokemon. I can do everything else but that. Anyone know why?

submitted by /u/burschky
[link] [comments]

PoGo+ and Bluboo Maya Max not working?

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 01:12 PM PST

The most fun I've had playing Pokemon Go recently was a dream...

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 03:19 AM PST

Not a bash, just really enjoyed my dream!

Mewtwo was released. He'd randomly spawn for people. You'd have a minute to try and catch him. If he runs before the minute you've missed your chance till next time. If he's still there after a minute, it turns into a mini game where there's six random Pokemon that defend him and you need to battle and defeat them to get to him. Not particularly powerful Pokemon but you do have the chance to catch them if you defeat them. I woke up before I got to beat the defenders so I don't know my own make belief ending - but I know I enjoyed it.

pls Niantic release something new(two) x

submitted by /u/Treacleb
[link] [comments]

[Bug] It's not a joystick, but a control panel/floating dock (that's what my phone calls it)

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 12:12 PM PST

Hearing the music from Pokemon Go really takes me back to those first few weeks

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 01:03 AM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQo44bjQCKY

I used to always play Pokemon Go with the music on for those first few weeks. It ended up getting really repetitive and I hadn't listened to this since August at the latest. But listening to it again really brings back those memories of walking around, trying to discover where poke stops were, and using the tracker to hunt down Pokemon to catch. Good times.

submitted by /u/killerofheroes
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] big update

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 10:32 AM PST

Does anybody else think that this game is going to need more than just gen 2 to bring back masses of people? I feel the run up to Christmas and this time afterward has really run the game into the ground. Like I just find it so boring now, I log in to keep my streaks but that's about it

submitted by /u/sunset-state
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.