Pokémon GO - Meta Monday - A Megathread for any comments regarding the subreddit. Generic Screenshots are no longer permitted [Meta]


Meta Monday - A Megathread for any comments regarding the subreddit. Generic Screenshots are no longer permitted [Meta]

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 04:11 PM PST

Good morning /r/PokemonGO!

We hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to start the week. As the weekend has officially passed, generic screenshot posts are no longer permitted and will be removed.

This begins our Meta Monday megathread, feel free to post any comments or suggestions regarding the subreddit or mods here.

https://streamable.com/i3tky

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Finally hatched a Dratini!

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 08:57 AM PST

The best way to play

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 05:25 PM PST

When your friends are gossiping behind your back.

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 10:05 AM PST

If only I had a...

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 07:40 PM PST

[Bugs] Uhhh Electrode...you ok? (Glitch I stumbled across)

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 09:12 AM PST

Just missed the daily pokestop bonus for the first time since it started. Not much more keeping me interested in the game at this point.

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 07:51 PM PST

I still have the daily catch bonus that I've hit every day since it started, but the instant the clock struck midnight and my pokestop streak ended, I just lost interest in even trying anymore.

I've always been a casual player, not investing too much time into the game, but I always tried making my way to a pokestop every day to keep my streak going. Now that I missed a day, I find myself becoming increasingly disinterested in the game.

Does anyone else feel this way? There hasn't been any new novelty implemented into the game, no real events to speak of, and I still have never seen a baby Pokémon. I feel like the game just lost an incredible amount of steam and just lost so much of its luster.

I'd love to have a new reason to love the game again, but it's so hard to with the way it's being handled.

submitted by /u/shelldog
[link] [comments]

725 hatches later, I hatched this in the city 40 minutes from home, from an egg I got in my small town. Never give up hope!

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 06:47 AM PST

Lapras nest confirmed. [screenshot]

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 12:27 AM PST

Finally got our pluses. Had to come up with a way to distinguish between mine and the wife's.

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 11:49 AM PST

Just saw a post about Pokemon GO released in Korea. As a resident, it's for real. Here's Borame park at 1am around -6°C the other night.

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 09:20 PM PST

As a day one hard core player, I am very proud of this achievement!

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 10:35 AM PST

Look who decided to come down from his tower!

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 10:33 AM PST

[Discussion] Irony behind "Jogger" medal

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 04:35 AM PST

I'm just realizing the irony behind the name of the medal...Jogger.

Irony because I do jog -- 10K-15K a day, and it logs less than 25% of that most of the time. I even begun to use my Apple Watch to track, even worse results! So a medal for distance is called jogging, which Niantic discourages because you're moving too fast..

But hey, keep moving, right?

submitted by /u/Drb1691
[link] [comments]

[Story] When you look at your fiance and say...

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 11:38 AM PST

http://imgur.com/LSm0fg6

There was suppose to be a dinner, a movie and a PoGo date that night but my fiance had to work an extra shift and decided to take a "short" nap. An hour later I try to wake him up and he doesn't respond. I said "Well...looks like you're gonna be a Snorlax all night." and he sleepily said "I'm gonna wake up soon...I promise." I looked at him and said "You owe me a Snorlax then". He goes back to sleep and I check PoGo and BAM a Snorlax in our house! (He decides to wake up for two minutes to catch it and goes back to sleep) I waited another hour and decided to wake him up and got greeted with "Soon...one more hour.." so I said "You owe me another Snorlax" and I opened the app to find another one had spawned in our house! I let him sleep for the rest of the night haha.

TLDR: Fiance fell asleep during PoGo date night and I told him he owed me a Snorlax for every hour he wasn't getting up and two Snorlax spawned in our house.

submitted by /u/xMikasaur
[link] [comments]

Level 7 Arbok Gym, first one I've ever seen

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 09:34 AM PST

It's all downhill from here

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 07:07 AM PST

Only level 15 and just hatched a Lapras, I feel so lucky :)

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 09:38 AM PST

Pokémon Go Plus Modifications

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 10:34 AM PST

I just finished modifying my Pogo+ and thought I would post it since I haven't seen much of these things around here.

I got one of those fancy skins, only to find that after a day of use it started to peel. I decided to paint it with clear nail polish. In hindsight, I should have just used modeling clearcoat or something. Apparently nail polish stays soft for like ever, and loves fingerprints. I may end up removing the polish and skin and just paint the damn thing, not sure.

After watching several Japanese YouTube videos without words or subtitles (Cant speak or read it) I was able to figure out exactly how to wire the POGO+ to auto catch. Those components are SMALL! hardest soldering I've done, and somehow I managed to do it without smoking the board!

I wanted the ability to turn the Autocatch feature off, so I put a tiny switch in line, allowing me to go back to Semi Auto. It was terrible relocating everything to make room for that switch, I had to reverse the vibrating motor and remove the weight, then solder on a tiny replacement. After some cutting and adjusting, I managed to make a small switch hole on the front, and allow easy access.

After so much abuse, the original screws were toast, so I melted in some nuts, and used 2 machine screws to hold the unit together.

And here she is, clipped to my Fitbit.

http://imgur.com/U3ufSz5

Anyone else modding their Pluses? Show me what you got!

submitted by /u/Libertypop
[link] [comments]

Its been a long time coming, but I finally hit 3kCP with my favorite 'Mon.

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 09:17 PM PST

Saw something familiar in-game today...

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 06:31 AM PST

Pokémon go in Korea now (launched 2 weeks ago)

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 12:47 AM PST

PGA: Pokemon Go Anonymous

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 09:33 AM PST

Thanks for having me, this is my first meeting. My name is LadoBlanco and I am an addict. It has been 3 days since my last spin. It all started out so casually, taking my dog on walks, going to the park, etc. It quickly devolved into an obsession. I lie to others and myself saying that I am a "casual" player, then I remind myself of the countless hours dumped into spinning, catching, repeat. The last three days have been harder than I could have ever possibly imagined. What I would give just for a little spin, just one little catch, just once, but I have to be a stronger man here.

This is a safe place where you can share your story. No one will judge the fact that you are level 35, with a full dex. We are all in this together.

If anyone else needs support, I aim to band together with other members of the community. God bless you all.

submitted by /u/LadoBlanco
[link] [comments]

[IDEA] What if Niantic aired a Super Bowl commercial?

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 04:09 PM PST

Last Super Bowl there was a Pokémon commercial. Niantic has been oddly (even for their quiet standards) silent about gen. 2 and the concerns everyone has been raising. So, what if this whole time they were just waiting to air a Super Bowl commercial bringing back the hype and releasing gen. 2 in front of millions?

... at least it's fun to dream

Edit: Here is the link for last year's commercial that I talked about

submitted by /u/tkrasny195
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.