Halo - That wall came out of nowhere.


That wall came out of nowhere.

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 01:06 PM PST

It's very rare for Halo multiplayer to give me a good jump scare, I'm just glad it didn't record my scream

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 11:56 AM PST

My Wasp got caught in a Forerunner Generator. I thought I was a gonner for sure.

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 11:01 AM PST

Here's My Commissioned (Unfinished) "Spartan".

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 06:20 PM PST

Yes we care: Big Halo campaign & storytelling survey results (440+ respondents)

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 11:05 AM PST

440+ respondents and 12 man hours of analysis and text production (including 35 graphs) later here are finally the results for my big Halo campaign and storytelling survey.

You can dig into the results via my extensive Halo Monitor article (beware: lots of pictures incoming).

For those of you too lazy to read it all or with a limited time budget here is a TL;DR quick summary of the results:

  • 440+ respondents, three quarters 23 years old or younger

  • HCE first Halo played for 60%; 93% started with HCE/H2/H3

  • Single player more important than Coop experience (majority wants SP to be prioritized)

  • Split-Screen mixed importance

  • Music / sounddesign more important than presentation / graphics

  • Storytelling as important as gameplay (!) (doesn't depend on age)

  • Rating of the campaigns overall: H3>H2/HR>H1>H4>H5

  • Rating of the storytelling: H2/H3>HR>H1>H4>H5 (biggest gap for H5)

  • People want greater emphasis on storytelling and more depth/complexity

  • Most people not confused by the story of the Halo games

  • Most people wary when it comes to future Halo marketing after Hunt the Truth

  • Most people consider H5 a letdown storytelling-wise

  • People are surprisingly optimistic when it comes to the quality of H6 storytelling

submitted by /u/TrueBlueHero
[link] [comments]

Since we're doing commissioned Spartans, here's mine.

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 03:13 PM PST

Meet my Battle Rifle [Render]

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 09:44 PM PST

If Halo was real life, what would your job be?

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 09:25 PM PST

Stolen off AskReddit

submitted by /u/sharpshaaman
[link] [comments]

Ghost in a pipe

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 11:51 AM PST

I REGRET EVERYTHING...

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 05:46 PM PST

Very weird Infection bug I encountered today

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 01:03 PM PST

Dear 343: When I choose to spawn on Home Base, PLEASE spawn me in home base!!

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 07:49 PM PST

I've played far too many games now where you choose to spawn on Home Base (The guaranteed safety zone) and spawn outside right near enemies. Here's a perfect example of this just happening.

Frankly, if I'm going to spawn in a safe spot, I don't want to be sniped. The worst part about it is in the same game as that clip, we lost the core. I spawned the next 2 times just outside in the EXACT SAME SPOT before we lost the core. Our team could not spawn in the base to defend, thus we lost the game.

PLEASE FIX SPAWNS, 343!

submitted by /u/Gashnor
[link] [comments]

The post-H4 art change, and my tiny lore issue

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 05:21 PM PST

So, to start off, this is not going to be a "343 Art style - Good/Bad?" post.

Anyway, so as we all know, maybe a little too well at this point, with the release of Halo 4 back in 2012, the game brought with it a pretty sweeping change in the series' art style. 343 attempted to legitimise these changes by (in most cases) stating that these new pieces of equipment are simply new and improved variants of pre-existing armaments, as opposed to a "sweep it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist" retcon stylistic change. In theory, this is fine. In theroy.

See, the problem that I have here, is not the fact that new equipment has been introduced - frankly, with a 5 year time gap between H3 and H4, I would expect there to be some changes - but that so much has changed. Between 2552 and 2558, there have been replacements for the AR, BR, DMR, SMG, Magnum, Shotgun, SpLaser, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Scorpion, Warthog, Mongoose, and many more, as well as the introduction of the Spartan-IVs, the GEN 2 Mjolnir armour, the railgun, the Hydra, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff.

For a military to replace/introduce so much in so little time just seems a little bit odd to me, especially seeing as the M808 Scorpion - the tank model seen in Halo 1-4 - has been in service since 2218 (over 300 years at the time of H4), it just seems weird that the UNSC would perform such a sudden radical change to pretty much everything.

Im not saying this is some awful revelation that ruins Halo for me, because brutally, I just don't care, but it is just something that I thought about today, and I haven't seen it brought up before when looking at 343's style change.

Just thought it'd be an interesting topic, is all. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/laggyteabag
[link] [comments]

Tweak the new patch better for FireFight

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 06:14 PM PST

The new patch is great for regular Warzone and probably Assault but FireFight has changed quite a lot. Mythic FireFight is tougher thanks to the Wasp tweaks. I am asking 343 to balance FireFight/Assault differently from regular Warzone.

submitted by /u/Lord_Henry_James
[link] [comments]

You miss 100% of the stickies you don't take

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 11:42 PM PST

The Halo 5 EU Servers, a normal day.

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 04:33 PM PST

Manage to surprise myself when I'm in the zone

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 10:50 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.