Guild Wars 2 - Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - February 18, 2017


Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - February 18, 2017

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:03 AM PST

This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

Resources:

Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Wing 4 Boss 1 Daredevil Solo - 57:00

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:25 PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E3pZ0y4dYE

During our progression runs for wing 4, there was a pull where just one of our Druids and I were alive. The two of us were able to survive for quite a while past enrage, which got me thinking about whether or not a duo was possible. While messing around with the boss, different traits, and figuring out his mechanics, I eventually found that I could solo the boss, which ended up being one of the most fun and stressful challenges I have ever attempted.

Here are the traits and gear that I used.

Do note that I'm fairly certain that a build with Runes of Rage and Deadly Arts instead of Trickery should be more DPS. However, it is a much more risky build - you hardly get any swiftness which makes micropositioning more difficult during enrage, and more notably, you get fewer dodges due to the lack of Vigor and the higher cooldown on Steal. This leads to you having to rely more on the special action skill, Celestial Dash, which suffers from the same bug as Ancestral Grace (Druid Staff 3) where you get stuck in place and do not move. While it occurs pretty infrequently, it's bound to happen once or twice over a long fight if you keep using it, so I opted to take it safe and run Trickery/Scholar which still let me beat my goal time of one hour.

Below are just some general notes about the boss and soloing him. If people are particularly interested, I can go into pretty extensive detail about his attack patterns during different phases and enrage.

  • Cairn's enrage mechanic is pretty forgiving. Once he hits enrage, the green circles will no longer remove stacks of Unseen Burden. This eventually leaves you effectively unable to move outside of dodges, movement abilities, and Celestial Dash. If you have Swiftness, you can still move at about the same speed as though you were Chilled, which makes a world of difference in avoiding his teleport AoE's.

  • I have markers all over the place to remind me where to not stand/where the circles will appear. During each phase, his surging attack and his sweeping attack will start at a fixed location, and they're much harder to dodge if you stand in front of it, particularly his surging attack.

  • One of the main problems I had soloing this boss was dealing with a particularly nasty bug regarding his circle attacks. Here's a video showing what the bug looks like. It seems to happen most often in phase 4, but I have seen it once before in another phase (phase 2?) Pretty much after his teleport-green circles, a second set will show up instantly after, showing that the bug is about to happen. The next set of fast green circles will not appear, and will not protect you even if you go where they would be which shows it's not just a visual glitch. Furthermore, the next set of teleport circles will appear to function normally, but you see that I lose the buff that protects me a second before the explosion. In my kill video I tried out jumping in the circle at the last second, which seems to have worked in keeping me alive, but by using defensive food and a defensive weapon switch or Avatar of Melandru I survived it here.

submitted by /u/VitarainZero
[link] [comments]

I wish we could save builds. :x

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:30 AM PST

I keep switching between different builds and different sets of gear for different kinds of content.

Surely I can't be the first one to suggest a system in place where you can save custom made builds. Is any such feature on it's way? Has Arena Net ever commented on what their stance towards such a system could be? :x

submitted by /u/K0nfuzion
[link] [comments]

[Data-Mining] New hairstyle and shoulder armor

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 11:23 AM PST

Hello everybody,

With episode 4's update a new shoulder piece showed up (all races) and a bunch of (mainly human) hairstyles were added to the dat file as well. Enjoy!

PS. braided beards

submitted by /u/that_shaman
[link] [comments]

This Staff is super cool but.... [Spoiler?]

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 10:53 AM PST

finally finished! what journey. props to Anet for making such a splendid game!

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 10:19 PM PST

Living Story 2 Into the Labyrinth

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 03:45 PM PST

In Living Story 2 Into the Labyrinth the last fight is still bugged and your allies dont help you, also catihe doesnt rez you anymore. This fight has been bugged for a really long time now... anet pls

submitted by /u/Gerritus
[link] [comments]

I genuinely regret completing Burden of Choice.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:48 PM PST

So, I'm not in any way pinning this on ANet. If anything, I should have thought more about my decision beforehand.

But seriously, those anomalies added a special atmosphere to the game. I would always look around to find it whenever I heard the sound. Seeing them briefly flash through the open world was such a cool thing to experience while playing. Especially at the beginning, it had a real Princess Mononoke flair to it.

But I got greedy and wanted to finish the achievement and see what happened for myself. And now I've lost one of the coolest little side-features the game had going.

I really hope there will be some way to restore it someday, or otherwise I hope it has a hell of a payoff.

TLDR: The anomaly sightings were really awesome, so props to ANet for that. I'm just sad that I went through the achievement because I miss them.

submitted by /u/Chiorydax
[link] [comments]

Arrange the character selection how we want, please?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:32 AM PST

Kinda annoying for me that characters get mixed up in the selection. :(

Was probably suggested before, but curious if people would care about such a feature or if it's simply not worth the time investment.

submitted by /u/aabbccxx
[link] [comments]

[Fluff] Your REAL Balance Bingo cards (according to reddit)

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 12:58 AM PST

Platinum Doubloons are a dying market yet we only complain about Mystic Coins and Leather

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 06:09 AM PST

Caudecus's manor and an apparent abundance of furniture for all Human players...

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:49 AM PST

So,

A little late to the Living Story party, but I finished the last chapter with a friend inside Caudecus's Manor and after doing the thing and getting the letters, my friend and I (who was on Discord with me) noted along with myself the sheer abundance of items on display inside the manor.

Drawing rooms.

Map rooms with pots of ink and quills and scales.

Bedrooms with huge rugs, four-poster beds and chandeliers.

Statuary. Taxidermied animals (playing Charr, I took some mild offense to any felines mounted so, but then everyone hates Caudecus).

The list literally goes on and on. I've posted on this subreddit before now how I feel about the vast number of pre-rendered, pre-Guild Halls objects that could be -very- easily ported into the system to give Guilds real viable furniture in styles that not only seem practical, but also viable.

I surely cannot be the only one frustrated with the lack of simple furniture like beds, rugs, lighting and so on. Admittedly, many guilds have been very creative in making the most of the system, but it looks barebone compared to something like Lord of the Rings Online's and even The Elder Scrolls Online's housing systems.

My friend used to work in the game design industry and confirmed that these objects (all of them, and many that were in game at launch) are easily portable. They are three-dimensional rendered objects stored in a database that our game clients reference for purposes of movement and collision. It then defies logic that these objects cannot be ported into the Guild Hall system or even the Player Instances that seem to be easily populated with many pets of late.

If I am wrong here, I am happy to be challenged on this note, but surely as housing systems in games become more sophisticated, and time, money and resources have been spent on this LS instance, it is time that these resources be utilised for player benefit.

S.

submitted by /u/Solas67
[link] [comments]

i heard you like balance patch bingos

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:44 AM PST

BILLIE JEAAAAN

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 02:03 PM PST

What is happening to Rhoban!?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 06:12 PM PST

In Ember Bay we meet a head of a dwarf called Rhoban... This is huge! The first dwarf we as the player character meets besides Ogden. Why is this not talked about? We've just kind of forgotten. He could give us so much information about Primordus... I'd very much like even a character to mention it. For example "Rhoban was taken to Ogden to see if he could restore his body" (Ogden was a monk in gw1 too. Totally within his skill set). Or perhaps if we need to see ogden again, have Rhoban with him... I'd just like to see the story deal with him properly. Then again he could just be another Malyck.... :(

submitted by /u/elijahofengland
[link] [comments]

Skill Balance Coming

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 08:25 AM PST

Sup. [1]

Meh in general. Thief will get a small dps boost and Revenant will get alacrity on ventari tablet.

submitted by /u/ThrowyawaRaid
[link] [comments]

What is the deal with Bloodbound weapons?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 09:39 AM PST

Does anyone know what the deal with these are? Seems like the weapons could have been very useful for leveling up alts (as they level up with the character), but the price seems somewhat ridiculous at 250 Provisioner Tokens EACH seeing as how they are only rare quality with non-unique skins.
Was this an idea created during the HoT development phase that got scrapped after release or did nobody ever go back to re-evaluate the price to think maybe these items should be lowered to a more rational price of maybe 5-10 provisioner tokens each?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodbound_weapons

submitted by /u/dogalarmsux
[link] [comments]

Mini Eye of Janthir

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 02:32 PM PST

Pretty simple question: can anyone confirm yet how to obtain this mini without having to buy it? Is it necessary to get the weekly first kill of boss 2 in cm or does it also drop from nm after the achievement has been completed?

submitted by /u/Deslicious
[link] [comments]

Humans aren't the only aliens in Tyria.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 10:19 AM PST

Looking for ideas/suggestions on Dragonhunter build for the raid.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:10 PM PST

Hey y'all, I'm a dragon hunter currently running a longbow and great sword but I was wondering what the dragonhunter should be running for the raid such as weapons, skills etc. I went down the berserker's route with rune of the eagle. I have 3 ascended items (2 rings and a gauntlet) and again went down the DPS route. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/koreanbobgato
[link] [comments]

So... What are the raids like?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:20 PM PST

Alright, so a little background on my experience with GW2.

I play on launch to around lvl 40~, quit for a while, came back and played the main quest up to 80 and completed it. Then I quit again, missed the first 2 seasons, came back with HoTs, completed and got really into WvW, but eventually decide to take a break from the game again. Thinking of coming back to the game but am unsure of what I'll actually do beyond LW.

That being said, I'm really interested in raiding. I wouldn't mind rebuilding/regearing my Guardian (Character since launch, the only one I seem to enjoy) for raids, but I really don't know anything about them or how to get into them.

submitted by /u/JagoKestral
[link] [comments]

[PSA] Don't panic over Balance Patch and play smart

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 10:04 PM PST

Things to do now:

  • Buy your PvP Ascended gear now because it will be increased in price. Don't stat-select yet!

  • Don't buy any fractal ascended gear (people don't anyway) because it will get reduced in price.

  • Master your crafting to 500 according to your gear's weight because you will need it to buy ascended from fractal and pvp vendors. It's better to do it now, a minor spike over mats prices for crafting is possible and you may end up with even slightly risen prices or waiting for them to balance again, due to people focusing en mass on their crafting.

If you were in the middle of gearing a toon with meta builds, STOP! Gather your resources but don't use them until two or three days after patch. If you end up in having a nerfed gear set, don't get depressed, you can stat-swap it!

Give the community some days to understand the new meta and update content. Keep a toon slot open for possible new meta professions for PvE Raids.

submitted by /u/RedRam003
[link] [comments]

Looking for Warrior advice

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 08:06 PM PST

Hi,

I decided to gear my warrior and am planning right now to make both a condi and berserker set. I however have a few questions I was hoping veteran warriors could help me with.

  • For now I can only gear one set for Fractals. Which do you prefer in fractals (T4 and CM) and why?

  • Is Berserker armor/weapons/trinkets with Might runes fine for Fractals and raids?

  • Which exact runes and stats do I need on armor for condi? I'm finding conflicting information online.

  • And finally, which does more dps in Fractals? I know Power PS does more damage in a raid oriented enviroment, but anyone have a clue what it could be less optimal situations? (Dungeons and Fractals)

Cheers.

submitted by /u/Luvalesc
[link] [comments]

The fact that you'll now need to craft PvP ascended gear can only mean one thing!

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:43 AM PST

The repeatable chest will now also contain ascended shards! Right, A.Net?

Cheers!

submitted by /u/Captain_Haile
[link] [comments]

[bug] Deimos and stability

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:52 AM PST

Tried to find something about this but seems like nobody addressed it.
I've noticed that some attacks (mostly the big knockback/launch slam) go through your stability, no matter how many stacks of it you have. Meaning, instead of stripping 1 (or more) stack of stability from you and ignoring the effect of cc, the slam just launches you and you keep all of your stability. I'm not sure if same thing happens with aegis, I just know that stability is completely useless on that boss.

submitted by /u/ChmSteki
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.