Heroes of the Storm - HGC North America :: Team Freedom vs Team 8 :: Discussion Thread


HGC North America :: Team Freedom vs Team 8 :: Discussion Thread

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 04:15 PM PST

Previous match thread: HGC North America :: Tempo Storm vs Superstars :: Discussion Thread - can be useful if this thread is posted too early.

When?

The match is planned to start at 16:30 PST / 1:30 CET, 15 minutes after this post was posted.

Streams

Community challenges

Teams

Team Freedom vs Team 8
daneski flex - support Buds
Insomnia flex - flex Glaurung
KilluZiioN support - warrior Justing
Nazmas flex - flex Prismaticism
zugrug warrior - ranged YoDa

Format

A single best-of-5 match.

Each team bans one map. Then, the "home" team chooses a map for the first game. In the following games of a match, the losing team of the previous game will have the choice for Battlegrounds selection or first hero pick in the draft.

Initial map bans:

Team Freedom Team 8
Infernal Shrines Dragon Shire

Game version

HGC matches this weekend are played on Valeera patch. Valeera is available for draft. Lucio and reworked Murky are not in the game yet.

Match reports, VODs

Website Link
Master League -
Twitch -
YouTube -

For feedback about the match thread, please contact /u/lerhond.

submitted by /u/HeroesEsportsThreads
[link] [comments]

Kaelaris receives a special goodbye present from the HGC team

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:38 PM PST

We still want the Brightwing Remodel

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:57 PM PST

For those who don't remember

BTW I like Murky's remodel better than the original

submitted by /u/Tatanka10010413
[link] [comments]

AlexTheProG's pro kill on Abathur

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:43 AM PST

Add ending date to special event quests in game?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 04:14 AM PST

It would be nice to see how long special event quests will be active by highlighting the quest, rather than having to look it up online.

submitted by /u/QuiGonChim
[link] [comments]

Morales, come here and save me

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:23 AM PST

Whenever Lucio gives you a speed boos to help you get away, don't stop to mount

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 02:10 PM PST

In me mand my friend's Lucio games whe have seem this and most often our teammates end up wasting lots of valuable seconds since they don't seem to appreciate Lucio's speed boost as much as his healing, counting more on him healing them rather than help them to escape.

submitted by /u/Pernaman
[link] [comments]

Why doesn't Arthas look like this?

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 06:06 AM PST

>>Arthas<<

Come on Blizzard, it's about time! Make him look mighty again!

Edit: Guys I am not saying he has to exactly look like the CGI version. That is not possible with this engine anyway. But Blizz should take their own CGI examples to heart and update him and make the proportions/armor/weapon match their own art. Updating his textures wont hurt too.

submitted by /u/Classic_Smooth
[link] [comments]

HGC NA is SO exciting

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 03:03 PM PST

A Friend Made a Couple Comics Based on Our Heroes Experiences

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 09:46 AM PST

http://imgur.com/a/C02xU

There are only 2, but I thought someone might get a kick out of them.

submitted by /u/Jabbatheslann
[link] [comments]

Lucio - Sonhos Omnicos Remix (Song 3)

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:45 PM PST

Misha is broken.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:59 AM PST

I swear since her attack command got moved to her trait she only responds to it 95% of the time. Some times she just doesn't even go to the targeted area and its infuriating. The changes are bad and you should feel bad, Blizzard.

submitted by /u/Hvygruv
[link] [comments]

Why are knockbacks acting like stuns

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:47 PM PST

A perfect example is Emerald Wind, when hitting by wind you cannot act.

Playing Medivh, I fight Lucio and he shoots soundwave at me, I cannot ALT W myself because I am being knock-backed.

I should be able to use abilities while being knock-backed, because it is technically a short stun that pushes you.

submitted by /u/Tatanka10010413
[link] [comments]

I reached top #9 GM by one tricking Li-Ming and why I love HoTS

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 08:35 AM PST

Verification: Screenshot: http://puu.sh/u8MET/02fee6efc9.jpg blizz:http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/leaderboards/hero/3/americas

To everybody who is reading this, I am your biggest fan. I am Pichante and I am a Li-Ming One trick pony and I am on The Ohio State heroes of the Dorm Team. For the majority of the games I play her, I go calamity disintegrate build, because I like dealing tons of damage. I feel like she is good on every map but not optimal on some maps. I really enjoy playing her because of all the cool tricks you can pull off with this hero such as teleport body blocking people or wave of forcing people into your max range orbs.

I enjoy this game because of the sense of community I get from the players that I see on the ladder everyday and how supportive everybody is to each other on this subreddit. People in this community, for the most part, give each other positive reinforcement and level headed criticism and that is something I did not see in the League of Legends community. I also feel like with every game of Hero League everybody can feel their direct impact on the game and where they need to improve on. I feel like this game is unique in so many ways and I hope everybody shares the same feelings that I do.

If any of y'all have any questions, I would be delighted to answer them. Thanks guys for reading! Love, Your Biggest Fan, Pichante

Edit: I play for The Ohio State University dorm team, and this is my general cookie cutter build:http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/li-ming#l2ax

submitted by /u/pichante
[link] [comments]

Upcoming Heroes of the Storm Toys

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 04:30 PM PST

New images from the New York Toy Fair of the upcoming Heroes of the Storm series 3 figures.

http://imgur.com/a/PXtk8

We previously saw Raynor and Sylvanas at last year's Toy Fair but this is the first time we've seen Thrall in colour. They are set for release Q2 2017. Pictures from Toyark.

EDIT: Last year's marketing lineup - http://imgur.com/a/NnKpo

submitted by /u/Kasern
[link] [comments]

Alright Blizzard Esports Coordinator

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:23 PM PST

You heard the roars, you heard the feedback, you heard his desire to continue working in the HGC. Move to confirm Kaelaris for HGC as soon as possible!

Kaelaris you were an absolute treat and they couldn't have someone better, and on such short notice. Probably the best caster for the first 5 weeks, and I cannot wait 'til you return to HGC!

submitted by /u/Tykian
[link] [comments]

Gotta remember complaints don't always represent how people feel about events/updates.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 11:00 AM PST

Complainers will voice their opinions, those satisfied will just sit and enjoy. I haven't run into a single troll or feeder during the event, and I've had nothing but fun with he murky rework.

Let's #makethesubredditpositiveagain

EDIT: To clarify, I meant playing against Murky. I haven't gotten to play the rework itself but so far I've thought he's neat and cool to play against trying to hunt eggs.

submitted by /u/BEEFJAKE
[link] [comments]

The most satisfying XP amount I've seen

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:25 AM PST

We need new portraits.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 09:48 AM PST

I love grinding away my heroes to get them to level ten so I can get the "group portraits" The first one I got was getting Abby and Zagara to 10 and in my opinion it felt great unlocking it. I really felt like I achieved something and could show off.

With the new hero's that have been added, we're missing a lot of portrait potential. How about a Horde Portrait, or an Overwatch one?

submitted by /u/AfroTreez
[link] [comments]

Just a quick question (don't upvote)

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 06:57 PM PST

I just always wanted to know why some people call Li-Ming "Ming Li". Why do some people say it backwards?

submitted by /u/Mistykat
[link] [comments]

TL duo queue is unplayable

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 12:14 PM PST

Besides the 15min wait to get into the game when you do finally get into the game you are paired with people who are no where near your skill level. Me and my friend both have 4k+ games and we keep getting paired with Bronze and unranked players with less than 100 games played. And our opponents are even higher ranked than me and my friend so its just a slaughter and feed every time. I've lost interest in playing this game since me and my friend cant play ranked together.

submitted by /u/Gardenhose_enema
[link] [comments]

Why Wallride is My New Favorite Passive [1:02]

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 02:33 PM PST

QoL for LFG, let us know what mode (AI, QM, Brawl...) the person is recruiting for.

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:53 AM PST

I think it would be really useful, I'm just hopping from group to group until I find one that wants to play the same mode as me, now even more with the event everyone wants to play AI and it makes difficult to find a group playing other modes.

submitted by /u/Nuzky
[link] [comments]

Shift + Z while channeling an objective

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 11:41 AM PST

It doesn't work. It used to work. I'd like for it to work. Blizzard, whaddup.

submitted by /u/malaren
[link] [comments]

I'm amazed by Team 8 performance (spoiler free)

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 05:07 PM PST

Not talking about the current game. They basically built around chu8, who's supposed to be a great player. Then he said nah I'm good. And they're still doing amazing.

submitted by /u/nar2k16
[link] [comments]

HGC North America :: Tempo Storm vs Superstars :: Discussion Thread

Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:45 PM PST

Previous match thread: HGC Europe :: Synergy vs Team expert :: Discussion Thread - can be useful if this thread is posted too early.

When?

The match is planned to start at 14:00 PST / 23:00 CET, 15 minutes after this post was posted.

Streams

Community challenges

Teams

Tempo Storm vs Superstars
cattlepillar flex - ranged Faye
CauthonLuck ranged - melee Goku
Fury warrior - ranged Hosty
Jun support - support iakona
psalm melee - warrior Srey

Format

A single best-of-5 match.

Each team bans one map. Then, the "home" team chooses a map for the first game. In the following games of a match, the losing team of the previous game will have the choice for Battlegrounds selection or first hero pick in the draft.

Initial map bans:

Tempo Storm Superstars
Infernal Shrines Cursed Hollow

Game version

HGC matches this weekend are played on Valeera patch. Valeera is available for draft. Lucio and reworked Murky are not in the game yet.

Match reports, VODs

Website Link
Master League https://masterleague.net/match/2301/
Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122993954?t=05h06m45s
YouTube -

For feedback about the match thread, please contact /u/lerhond.

submitted by /u/HeroesEsportsThreads
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.