Fallout - It drives me crazy that every Ink Spots song starts the same.


It drives me crazy that every Ink Spots song starts the same.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 06:36 AM PST

Dum dee doo dee dum dee doo dee

Me: I don't want to

Radio: Maaaaaaaaay

Me: FUCK

Anyone else do this?

submitted by /u/JakalDX
[link] [comments]

Patrolling a nuclear winter almost makes you wish for the Mojave.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:14 AM PST

NCR Hunter (SFM)

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 06:32 AM PST

I think you guys might like this.

submitted by /u/Blacus
[link] [comments]

[PSA] The latest patch has added a hard limit of the amount of mods you can have for PS4/XB1. When you are over this limit (100 for PS4, 150 for XB1), you can no longer download nor update any mods. Disabled mods also count towards the limit.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 06:29 AM PST

Bethesda "fixed" the crashes in the load order screen by introducing a hard limit of the amount of mods you can have. If you were over this number before the patch, you can no longer download nor update mods. Disabled mods count towards the limit as well.

This means that if you had 161 mods before the patch on XB1, you would have to delete 12 mods just to download one more mod. Even worse, uninstalling mods in the middle of a playthrough could result in a broken savegame depending on what the mods add.

In my case, I have 800mb left of modding space on the PS4, yet I'm 18 mods over the limit. I can no longer update or even download any more mods.

Currently, no gaming publication has covered this. This new limit is potentially gamebreaking, and there has been virtually no coverage on it.

Sources:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/829817461642035200

https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/830155982475055105

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/26029/150-mod-limit-wtf-bethesda

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/26089/why-is-there-now-a-mod-limit-of-100-on-ps4

submitted by /u/ethanwdp
[link] [comments]

For anyone who might try Fallout 1 or 2 due to the recent popular post: You can access the game manual by right clicking the game in your steam library

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 10:59 AM PST

Then click on "View Player Manual". Fallout 1's manual is 121 pages, and Fallout 2's manual is 158. There's a lot of helpful info, but also some funny and interesting stuff in there as well

submitted by /u/notto_zxon
[link] [comments]

Replaying OWB led to discoveries about the Courier's personal habits.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 01:43 PM PST

https://imgur.com/a/6FntL

Edit: For context, this is discussing Dr. Borous' sonijaculation on the Sonic Emitter.

submitted by /u/glutenfreetoast
[link] [comments]

Does anybody else feel like Fallout 4 relies too heavily on the early 1950's aesthetic?

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 02:47 PM PST

This struck me the other day when I was trying to make a Raider bar for my settlement in Fallout 4. I was thinking "what kind of music would raiders listen to" and found myself at a loss when the most hardcore song on the list was "Atom Bomb Baby", which isn't exactly keeping with the punky raider aesthetic. That aesthetic clearly exists by the way, meaning that some semblance of rock and roll culture must exist. Then I realized that there was hardly any music that was actually from the 50's and 60's--most of it is from 1920 to 1940--and that none of it extended beyond a single genre which is ridiculous even with Fallout's backstory. There's no blues, no rock, no Soul and early R&B (think Sam Cooke), and no country. All of which would fit right into Fallout in a lore-friendly way.

Well that got me thinking about previous Fallouts, particularly Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Tactics. And I do believe that none of these games lean as heavily on the 50's retro aesthetic as Fallout 4. Fallout 2 for example had weapons like the Deagle or P90, and all three make use of the electric guitar in their ambient tracks. And while they can be considered retro they don't just hearken back to the early 50's. There's a lot of 70's and 80's action movie retro thrown in there too.

I understand that the aesthetic is part of Fallout's appeal but I feel like it has gotten to the point were its implementation actually hurts the lore and the worldbuilding of Fallout, giving birth to monstrosities like this.

This isn't meant to hate on Bethesda by the way. I was just curious to see if anybody else thought Fallout could benefit from opening up the lore a little bit? Maybe filling it out some more instead of steadily narrowing it down over time.

TL;DR: The reliance on the 50's aesthetic might be hurting the worldbuilding.

submitted by /u/Hungry_Lion
[link] [comments]

You're given 900,000 caps, and territory the size of North Carolina. You have to start your own faction. How do you run it?

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 12:50 PM PST

Rules: NO SLAVERY for the lord of God!

You must find a way to expand.

Talk about what type of armor they wear, and what type of weapons they use.

NO PLOT ARMOR PROTAGONIST

submitted by /u/Y-wingPilot5
[link] [comments]

Finally went back to Fallout 3

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 04:30 AM PST

I had played the story campaign (on easy difficulty cuz I'm a puss) and found to be an interesting story with some good voice acting and a beautifully made world. I never got the time to really dig into the open world and play the side quests and find the collectibles until now. I just spend 70+ hours in the course of a week or so wandering around, killing things, stealing their shit and selling it to Moira (I now have 30k caps) and everywhere I go there's some little detail or note or collectible that makes the whole world seem even bigger. I got a bit annoyed at the sheer number of radscorpions I had to kill and the enclave is getting on my nerves, but I finding a new place and killing all of the inhabitants to steal their loot just brings me so much joy! I really want to get a PC or Xbox one and fallout 4 now.

submitted by /u/lgbtqississippi
[link] [comments]

2nd playthrough and still finding little things like this

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 02:12 PM PST

TIL Fallout 2 tells you the controls

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:44 AM PST

I just learned after playing FO2 for like 100 hours, you can press f1 to see what the controls are and a basic description.

submitted by /u/XRYAF
[link] [comments]

My dog Story as Dogmeat

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 01:59 PM PST

Check out my dog in crappy cosplay here. She's also in an armored vault jumpsuit here.

submitted by /u/shoddycast
[link] [comments]

Been working on Yes Man and Vault Boy keycaps, thought I would share.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 11:02 AM PST

Thought someone out there with a mechanical keyboard might get a kick out of these.

They were definitely fun to make, now I am trying to come up with some new ideas.

submitted by /u/PrimeCaps
[link] [comments]

Any tips for FO4 survival mode?

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 03:12 AM PST

Ive started playing survival mode yesterday, only 90 mins in got any tips?

submitted by /u/TheSentinelsSorrow
[link] [comments]

Mods I should use

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 02:53 PM PST

I'm going to start a play through for Fallout 4 (survival difficulty) on the Xbox one. What mods should I get for things such as realism, fun and to make the UI easier

submitted by /u/LuckyWolf777
[link] [comments]

Question about Old World Blues.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 01:23 PM PST

Hey guys, so I just finished the OWB DLC and I realized that I missed a side quest involving a cyberdog companion for wrex and I also missed a couple of locations to explore.

I know that I can return to explore the Big MT whenever but can I still get any side quests that I missed? Or are all of the quests closed after the DLC is finished?

This was my favorite DLC so far, and I really wanted to fully complete it. I thought I did all of the side quests so I'm debating on loading an earlier save if I can't still complete them.

submitted by /u/Janificus
[link] [comments]

Preston underground after taking the Castle.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 12:46 PM PST

I'm on ps4 and after I killed the mirelurk queen and built up the castle a bit I went to do another quest for Preston. After I finished the quest it told me to talk to him again. I thought hed be at the castle but it pointed me back to sanctuary hills so I went there. After getting there I found that his quest marker on the map was pointing below where I was underground. Any ideas what happened or maybe how to get him above ground again. Ill be mad if I'm 37 levels in a survival character and have a game breaking bug happen.

submitted by /u/philo_fallout
[link] [comments]

(/spoiler) I need a way of coping with my way to idealistic ending for "Blind Betrayal" in FO4

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 03:52 PM PST

BoS spoilers ahead, guys!

I killed Danse earlier today. Have been thinking about how to play that move for a while. Concluded that killing him was the only right choice from my character's point of view. You could try and justify letting him live all you want, but that's humbug.

Either way, I now realized that my character just killed his only friend, and only BoS friendly companion in the game.

Do you guys have any companions other than Danse that worked from a RP perspective? I know Cait might be an option, but she's not exactly "chivalrous".

How someone hasn't made a chill Andy subtitled eyebot companion with a custom questline yet boggles me.

submitted by /u/bassebrage
[link] [comments]

Killing Moe Cronin

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 03:30 PM PST

I hate him the first time we meet. My Waifu Piper and I Robbed his store a while back. We Banged all day while her Little Sister was selling Newspaper outside.

Tried to follow him to him but got distracted for a sec. Turned around and he was gone. So I said "screw it" and robbed his store instead.

Went back today and this time I was serious... I patiently waited at at the bar right across from him until it was night and I trailed him.

I think he knew he was being followed as he was constantly looking back at us. I walked by a Diamond City Guard and said "Officer" with a slight nod. I think he knew what I was going to do. He took a turn and was sitting at a table when I arrived. I went up,Sat next to him and said "Hi Moe" and he basically told me to "Piss off". I simply got up went into a corner and activated a stealth boy. I sniped his head off with my 50 Caliber Suppressed Sniper Rifle.. As it turns out we were in front of an Inn. So Piper and I are spending the night there.

submitted by /u/GAZAYOUTH93X
[link] [comments]

37 Gold Bars

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 02:43 PM PST

An enormous cheer from me after attempting to take all the gold bars for 2 hours. Done it on the Xbox and now done it on PC, such a relief!

submitted by /u/VaultBoyOwen
[link] [comments]

What's your dream Fallout 5? I'm proposing a community event to compile a 'Dream Fallout', and I'll send the results straight to Bethesda. But I need YOUR help!

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 09:55 PM PST

Hey all!

It's MrNature72, and i had a community project for r/fallout I'd like to try. It seems the community consensus is, mechanically, F4 was fantastic. But the story and RPG elements were a pretty big letdown. So as a way to give the community something to do, I'd like to launch the 'Dream Fallout Project', where every month all the community members participate in an event to piece together their dream fallout game. After a few months, I'll print out the results of our efforts and package it elegantly, and send it straight to Bethesda. I'll make a vault door box, just to get their attention. Anyways, here's what the schedule would look like, with possibly a few changes between now and launch.

MONTH ONE: Foundations

During this month, the community would work together to lay down the basic frame work of the game, and decide on the vague direction it'd be taking. Which includes...

Week 1: Location

Pretty self explanatory. Only rule is the main story has to take place in the US. Highest voted comment wins.

Week 2: Leveling System.

The community discussing how they want leveling and perks to work. Traits or no traits? Highest level comments get picked.

Week 3: Extra Mechanics

Scrap system and/or settlement system a la F4? Weapon and armor degregation? No voice acted main character? Top 4-8 suggestions win. This is a highly variable bit, and I may actually select less or more, depending on how varied the suggestions are.

Week 4: Brainstorming

Toss out any idea you might have for the game. Fun week. No competition, but highest voted comments might get added.

MONTH TWO: WORLD AND STORY

This month the world and story get laid out.

Week 1: Primary Factions

The primary factions get discussed and added. Mods decide which factions stick.

Week 2: Main Story.

People submit stories for the main game, using results from Week 1. Top 3 comments will get voted for in Week 4 of Month 2.

Week 3: Cities and Subfactions

Users describe cities and minor factions. Top 5-12 suggestions for City and Subfactions (selected separately) get added. If your City and Subfaction are related, post them together, and they'll be included together.

Week 4: Voting

Users vote on their favorite stories, cities, and Subfactions. I'll write them all together after the results. At least 4 cities and 4 subfactions will be picked.

MONTH THREE: QUESTS & CHARACTERS

During this month, we discuss sidequests, landmarks, and characters!

Week 1: Side quests

People can submit side quests taking place in the world. Top 10-20 submissions get added.

Week 2: Landmarks & Vaults

Players can add non quest-related dungeons and landmarks to fill the world. Top 10-20 suggestions get added. Cap of 8 vaults.

Week 3: Followers

Character submit their ideas for followers. Top 2 from every faction get selected and up to 4 non faction get added.

Week 4: Flavor

Suggest notes, computer terminals, mini stories, lore, and other characters! Top 5-30 suggestions get picked.

MONTH FOUR: EXTRA! EXTRA!

Week 1: Brainstorming 2

Missed anything you thought of from the last three months? Just thought of something cool? Suggest it here! Some may get added, but it's a good way to get last minute ideas out.

Week 2: DLC

Users suggest DLC stories and concepts. Top 3 suggestions win. The longer and juicier, the better!

Week 3: Notes to Bethesda

Everyone gets an opportunity here to write an additional note to Bethesda. I'll print up to 100 of these and package them with the main book as a kind of 'love letter' to Bethesda.

Week 4: Shipping Out

I'll use this week to print out and assemble the book, notes and packaging. Disclaimer: it might take longer than a week, but it'll get done!

There you have it! I think it'd be a fun way to pass the time, give the community something to do, and hey, you never know, we might influence Fallout 5! Either way, it'd definitely be more productive than doing nothing before it's too late!

I'll handle making sure every post goes up every Sunday, but I need your help to do this. And I wanted to generally get a kind of temperature check on the community, to see how interested y'all were in this concept.

submitted by /u/MrNature72
[link] [comments]

will i lose out on some of the experience if i buy the games dlc after i complete the base game

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 05:29 AM PST

i wanted to get the game but wondered if i really needed to bother with the dlc (not the story dlc). actually also does having the story dlc affect the main world at all? just wondering if i can really play this game without missing out on anything when i don't have any of the dlc. also as a side note. does the season pass ever go on sale? and if so how much for? thanks very much in advance

submitted by /u/JakeHodgson
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.