Diablo - Group meta explained with infographics and delicious pie charts


Group meta explained with infographics and delicious pie charts

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 10:27 AM PST

Hey foaks, I just released this video, for which I made a bunch of graphics and charts. I figured I'd share the graphics here with you guys.

First, the graphics:

This one explains why adding a support rather than a DPS to the party actually results in more damage.

Similarly, this one explains how support characters limit downtime, thus allowing the party to deal more damage relative to a party whose DPS is "technically" higher.

This one explains the benefit of a support barbarian that groups up monsters, building "density" to increase the amount of damage the DPS deals.

Now, a bunch of pie charts

Europe has the best players.

Support monk is the best support class.

It's better to add a second support before a second DPS.

In two player groups, the best DPS is either a Wizard or Witch Doctor. However, the different regions show interesting variance. Europeans heavily favor the Witch Doctor, whereas in Asia, Wizards dominate. In the Americas, Wizard and Witch Doctor have roughly equal representation.

When we move to 3-player groups, however, Witch Doctor is by far the best.

The 2nd DPS added in 4-player groups is almost always a Shenlong monk.

In the video, I fully explain why things are the way they are and say other words like foaks and junk.

Note: this data is a week old; the meta may have shifted since then. It took a long-ass time to do all the research and make the graphics and video.

submitted by /u/Rhykker
[link] [comments]

Making the Sun Keeper IRL (x-post from r/ArtisanVideos)

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 06:04 PM PST

Diablo II - Tristram | METAL REMIX

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 04:43 AM PST

I did a themed paracord bracelet based on Diablo

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 11:20 AM PST

Diablo is also in Heroes of the Storm, which is primarily what I based this one on color-wise, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of it as well. I've done a number of other bracelets based on Blizzard games also if you have a few minutes and a decent wifi connection :)

Thanks!

submitted by /u/scipiotomyloo
[link] [comments]

Pools of Reflection in season mode, a quick discussion and some tips

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 11:46 AM PST

Hey all,

I had been browsing some of the older threads regarding the topic of pools of reflection and it seems like it has not come up in a long while. This is probably a bit more gauged to non hardcore mode too because losing pools by dying is not as much of an issue in HC... well because its HC.

I thought I would make a thread in which we can discuss and share some insight or tips about pools of reflection while you are playing your season mode. I am going to try to be very detailed too so that people who are new to the game or are not too familiar can also follow with what I am talking about. And who knows, maybe learn something etc.

First and foremost, as /u/xelf put it in the past it is like mini hard core mode

If you are not too familiar with the game and are wondering what they are relevant for. First of all it looks like this

Tldr, they give a 25% experience buff until they expire. When do they expire? Well they will show a yellow marker on your experience bar as to at which point the buff will keep applying. After that, it expires and you must grab another pool if you wish to continue to have the buff. While you have a pool of reflection going, your XP bar will show up as yellow, once it is gone, you will go back to being orange if you are under 70 or blue if you are in your paragon levels.

The pools stack up to 10 times I believe. If you die, you lose them. This is why it is relevant to consider farming them.

So why bother farming them? Well once I hit a certain paragon level, I found that it was much more rewarding to keep scaling in paragon levels as I did greater rifts when I did have enough pools of reflection going. In essence, I played so much diablo, that my paragon level became really high and it was taking me a while to gain new levels.

Every once in a while, I will die like a scrub. My reaction is usually sadness and yelling obscenities. Because that means I have to go look for them again and they do not spawn in greater rifts.

Here is a list of places that I found will spawn pools of reflection. Not 100% guarantee as there is always a chance that they will spawn a healing pool or shrine. But the idea is, to go to these spots and see. If you see a healing pool or shrine, move on to the next one. These locations are in adventure mode.

Act 1:

Southern Highlands: Go to the waypoint. From there you walk down and to the right, pass the bridge and in the very far right dead end corner, there will be a pool, shrine or healing pool.

Leoric's manor courtyard: Go to the waypoint, several possible spots. If you circle around the area of the waypoint, all before the point of the gate that leads to the bridge, there is a chance of at least 2 spawning. Check the corners around the area.

Cemetery of the forsaken: Check the area around the waypoint. This one is a long haul run. I believe just around the waypoint, it is rare. However, then you can enter the three crypts available. You will have to possibly run through each crypt, unless you are lucky enough to see it spawn at the entrance. The crypt will either spawn a pool of reflection, a shrine or a healing pool. If you see a shrine or a healing pool, immediately move on to the next one. Check all three if you really need the pools.

Act 2:

howling plateau: Right by the waypoint you will find a spawn. Again, possibly not pool of reflection but worth checking. run around the area. Many define it as the area of the town entrance pretty much. People say to usually stop at around the black canyon mines. I just run around a bit at the area between the waypoint and the entrance to area that leads to the black canyon mines, find a couple of spawns and leave.

Road to Alcarnus: Go to the waypoint and enter the village that takes you to the maghda boss fight. People have mentioned this location, I just learned about it so I am not 100% sure.

Act 3:

the battlefields: Get to the waypoint, and right to the right side of the waypoint is a set of stairs. Go up the stairs, check that level, and go up the second set of stairs too. Not always guaranteed to spawn something but when it does, at least 2 spawns.

The bridge of Korsikk: Right behind the waypoint there is a chance to spawn. also if you generally circle the area after the waypoint, you can find a couple of spawns.

These are the ones that I usually run. There are definitely more, I just have not learned about them yet.

Edit:

/u/BelchingBob has also pointed out a few other spots where pools can be found and he posted a video as well!

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Vl9Q2elxg

The only addition I can make are 2 A3 points, Tower of the Damned Level 1 and Tower of the Cursed Level 1. The video shows these points in 4'06'' and 4'20''.

Sometimes I get frustrated or bored of this so. I either speed run rifts and collect a bunch there or run a cow level. Lots of people suggest the enchantress quest in campaign/story mode but I have not done the campaign this season and am too lazy.

Please let me know if I made any mistakes or if you know of any other places where they exist. Or if you have some thoughts or insight. Or just generally if you want to trash talk OP

submitted by /u/Xingua92
[link] [comments]

A look at defensive gems, or maybe a way to alleviate rift fishing

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 05:03 PM PST

Hi /r/Diablo I wanted to make a post about affixes last season, when Reflect was agony and you couldn't play those floors at all. I think this kind of goes into rift fishing, which has always been kind of a hot/divisive topic on this board

Coming to you with a post about defensive legendary gems, and maybe a look into affixes, and maybe even a glance at rift fishing.

Part 1: Defensive Legendary Gems Defensive legendary gems are . . . boring. You have esoteric, which seems to be the only viable gem. The others are lackluster, and have never seen the light outside of my stash. I think a large problem with them are they're just . . . numbers. You gain x resistance, or x regen, etc.

Part 2: Monster Affixes I want to preface this by saying that I'm probably bad, and I have considered the fact that if I die, it's probably my lack of awareness. That being said, I think affixes are balanced for the most part, but some affixes (I'm looking at you, old reflect) have no counterplay other than "Just skip it lol," which is a bad design philosophy imo (getting 1 shot by most affixes past GR70 sucks too). I think it's totally backwards that some classes can be shut down/too inconvenienced by certain affixes, and the only real answer is "Drop that rift."

But what if we made it so that defensive gems alter the affixes of monsters?

Instead of boring buff gems, you could have gems that slowed down the spin rate of an arcane enchanted, a gem that allows you to shoot down walls, a gem that reduces the speed of reflect missiles, another whole category of things you can do with your game.

The goal of this rework/addition, and what I had in mind I think Rift Fishing is fucking boring. When the answer to a bad combination of affixes is to simply leave the rift, I think the problem here is that affixes either need a large overhaul or at least a plausible way of countering them.

In terms of where they would fit in a slot, I wouldn't really know. I think they would be good as defensive legendary gems, but they could realistically be anything.

I have thrown around the idea in my head that these would be follower exclusive items (trinkets for the followers, though I think that would go with a follower rework as well), or even just gems you can slot into their rings (maybe the best here, since ring slots on followers are always just equipped with mainstat anyway). This would make this solely a boost to solo players only, which maybe is needed to close the gap between solo vs group play.

Example: Say you're running U6, and you're having trouble with a mortar elites in general. You can slot a gem that will help you with mortars, and make the harder rifts playable, while keeping the easier rifts easy. That way when you hit a mortar rift, you don't end up wasting a key and just dropping.

Sincerely,

a Diablo fan

PS. Really the best way to fix it is just to make every affix more obvious. I wish that mobs had badges under their healthbars so I could look at that for affixes. And some spells just one shot you if they spawn on top of you. How do I dodge arcane when it spawns on top of me? There should be way more obvious indicators for stuff that's on the screen, most of the time I feel like there are way too many particles to track on screen

TL;DR: Make gems (doesn't have to be gems, any item) that alter monster affixes as to make them easier to handle (Reflect missiles are slower etc). These new items could even be follower exclusive to give a boost to solo

Edit: In terms of rift fishing I guess it wouldn't really apply to the upper echelons of players (who are max geared etc). I think this shoots more towards the rift fishing that I experience in the mid game. Personally, if I'm pushing grift 75~ and I only want to do 75 because it'd be the most efficient, but half of those rifts are skips. If doing half the rifts (the ones you should drop) are counterproductive, I think there should be a way to alleviate that pain in grinding

submitted by /u/Catkatcatkatcatkat
[link] [comments]

A Battle.net Change...

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 12:05 PM PST

Yesterday Blizzard removed the ability to see how many people are on classic b.net playing Diablo 2. I assume it was to stop the conversations regarding what game in the franchise is being played more.

submitted by /u/Endugu_Witch_Doctor
[link] [comments]

Zunimassa's Haunt Patch 2.5 Showcase & Gameplay

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:12 PM PST

Are shields considered armor or weapons?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 12:29 PM PST

When you are in the blacksmith, shields and crusader shields are located under 'Forge Armor'. However, in Kanai's Cube, shields are located under Weapon Powers.

Which is it Blizz? Make up your mind!

submitted by /u/Pieman911
[link] [comments]

Stash space and item management

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 11:11 AM PST

I'm a relatively new player to (only played a couple of months now) and I've started running into quite the problem - I've completely maxed out my stash.

I play on PS4 and our stash works differently than it does on PC (I've played d3 on PC at launch and again, recently, prior to switching to the console version); there is a max of 350 available slots in your stash and no matter which item you put in, it only takes up one slot.

The plot thickens - since I've maxed out my stash, each new char I gear quickly runs out of inventory space - I only have a around 5-15 inventory slots left to use (similarly to stash, our inventory hold 60 items total (of any type)).

Any advice on how to properly manage my storage space? It's important to note that I don't hold on to garbage. In fact I salvage most of the legendaries I find but still I keep running out of space due to multiple sets on each class and acquiring good legendaries while farming.

I'm in the process of putting everything I can into Kanai's Cube but that surely won't be enough.

P.S. We don't have seasons yet on console, so I have no means of acquiring additional stash storage.

Many thanks in advance for the replies. :)

submitted by /u/Balunzo23
[link] [comments]

End-game build with lowest gear requirements

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 08:57 AM PST

I'm a returning player (returning as in "my PC went to shit, I re-purchased the game for PS4 and now I'm basically starting on a new account") and the last time I played this game was about a year ago or so. I have no idea what the current build meta is and while I don't mind farming, I do want to get an end-game build to farm greater rifts as soon as possible. So I was wondering what one of the meta builds have the lowest gear requirements just so I can work towards something.

submitted by /u/sandwichbear
[link] [comments]

RIP Gen Monk for Season 10, Hello Lightning-Hydra Wizard

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 12:05 AM PST

T13 Speed Viability in Season 10

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 12:38 PM PST

Right now, the only class that I've seen really crush T13 with speed is a Wizard. I have a P800 monk with full ancients and 8/13 enchanted. I still can't reck T13 like a wiz can.

Given the recent blue posts, which class do you think is more likely to stomp T13 speeds next season: Barb or Monk?

For groups, I'm hoping to play a sup barb because another season of ZDPS monk will bore me to death.

submitted by /u/Pastuch
[link] [comments]

Other than changing from hardcore to normal, is there any way to start the season from fresh again?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 09:19 AM PST

It's the most enjoyable part of the game, and I don't know what to get up to now that I'm done with the season journey. GRs are completely unattractive to me.

submitted by /u/Kriee
[link] [comments]

Weekly Thursday Help Desk, Ask your newbie questions here - 02/09/17

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 06:00 AM PST

Welcome to week 194 of Thursday Help Desk.

This is a weekly thread for any quick/newbie/unsure questions you may have. No matter how dumb you may think the question is, now is your chance to have them answered! If you need help with your gear and build, post to the weekly Gear thread instead!

Check the Commonly Asked Questions page first before posting!

If you're not here to ask or answer questions, then this place is not for you. The mods will be resilient in removing posts and possibly even bans. Meta feedback about the weekly post is fine. Helpful people will be strongly considered for an ID scroll after a review of posting history.

Sort by new to answer the latest questions. Older questions most likely already have answers.

If you have any feedback for this specific weekly thread, just post it here or message the mods.

submitted by /u/GharbadTheWeak
[link] [comments]

LoN idea

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 12:31 AM PST

I suppose it's going to break the "holy" meta of the game but I'd really like to see a third item (Amulet preferably) in the Legacy of Nightmares set (no bonuses, just an item). It would make some little diversity in the builds because at that point every LoN build is LoN rings + HF amulet. Might bring some freshness...any thoughts?

submitted by /u/bamzelot
[link] [comments]

Is the 2.5 PTR final or will there be more tweaks?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 03:41 AM PST

Before the 2.4 patches, there were a lot of set rehauls and therefore we had more new gameplay. I am not very informed about how the PTR's works so will the D3 team add more changes or is this the final form (I don't mean the balance changes on existing new features of the game)?

submitted by /u/CaptArrow
[link] [comments]

EU - Monk GR 97

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:45 AM PST

Check out Zhanji on Youtube

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 12:32 AM PST

This guy and his friends (Bear and Troupsper) are testing PTR changes. He has many good quality videos, and they are doing good things for the community. I think we should give them some love and motivate them to keep going.

This is the video of them testing WIZARD -MANALD/HYDRA . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PCf0VVoDA

submitted by /u/greenertree
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.