Civilization - "Don't settle near our borders" they said...


"Don't settle near our borders" they said...

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 07:17 AM PST

Why Won't the Game Tell Me How I Lost?

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 08:12 AM PST

I have been defeated.

By Whom?

Under What Conditions?

These seem like simple details.

I haven't followed closely. Have they updated this game consistently? Is it getting better? I'm not so sure I'm impressed yet.

submitted by /u/Austyx
[link] [comments]

uh...let's settle a peace treaty

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 12:44 PM PST

When those extra explorer modules would have come in handy...

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 01:53 PM PST

My first map was pretty great

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 11:15 AM PST

Everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 01:40 PM PST

So at this point, we don't need another screenshot of it

submitted by /u/mdgraller
[link] [comments]

I didn't know what to do...

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 11:00 PM PST

Feeling pretty proud of this!

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 12:06 PM PST

What's your favorite pantheon, and under what circumstances?

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 03:29 PM PST

Just wondering what peoples' strategies to get the most out of their pantheon/religion is.

Also, what are your favorite religion properties?

submitted by /u/YouReekAh
[link] [comments]

I can't build the medieval world, is this a bug? Already built ancient wall, wall is not damaged, no 'only build wall with faith' perk, what else I'm missing?

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 06:35 AM PST

Is it normal to like... not finish games?

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 10:57 AM PST

I have about 50 hours logged on civ 6 (first game) and get bored before finishing every time. It doesn't really matter if I enjoy it I guess, I'm just curious if this is a pretty normal way to play the game. I just don't really like saving and going back to a civ later; I'd usually just rather start a new one.

submitted by /u/Jared17777
[link] [comments]

Improvements for Civ 6

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 08:26 AM PST

So, like this sub, I have been getting bored of civ 6. I am wondering what should be improved.

Ignoring the obvious, such as the AI and being denounced for bullshit reasons, what should be patched/made better?

submitted by /u/anone8
[link] [comments]

What should I name my American Religion?

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 01:02 PM PST

I've got Messenger of the Gods and I am looking to get Tithe and probably Asceticism. I can't think of a name for the religion though. I prefer realistic sounding names so Bigdik isn't allowed but Terrorism is as it sounds like a religion an English speaking domineering nation would believe.

My American people are very paranoid people living in the cold who believe that uniting the world under the American flag is way better than sending a rocket into space or creating blue jeans.

submitted by /u/Supercon22
[link] [comments]

Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 10:56 AM PST

The Second Coming: An Idea to Improve Religious Victories

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 11:29 AM PST

Religious victories in Civ 6 can be fun. However, they can also be tedious and they do not make use of great person mechanics after a religion is founded. Additionally, pursuing a religious victory can get to a point where apostles become so expensive that you end up in a stalemate. I am not sure if someone has already come up with this, but here is my idea to improve religious victories and game play: The Second Coming.

Basically, each Civilization continues to accumulate great prophet points after its religion is founded. After enough great prophet points are accumulated, a Second Coming is triggered in the religion's holy city and the great prophet returns to convert the world. Triggering the Second Coming should require a ton of great prophet points and should take thousands of years to accumulate. Civilizations seeking a religious victory will compete over building religious infrastructure and wonders to gain great prophet points. The Civs will also try to convert international cities because cities following a religion contributes to the religion's great prophet points.

The Second Coming Prophet is immensely powerful. He or she can spread the religion an infinite amount of times and also lay waste to countless missionaries, apostles, and inquisitors. After a Civ triggers a Second Coming, all that is left is to win the game.

In fact, there would only be three defenses after a Second Coming is triggered:

  1. Win the game by another means before the Second Coming Prophet can cement a religious victory. Because the Prophet has to convert each opposing civilization, there will be some time between when the Second Coming is triggered and when the game ends.

  2. Ally with other Civs and drain faith reserves to whittle down the Second Coming Prophet until he or she is defeated. As noted above, the Second Coming Prophet is incredibly strong, so this would require the sacrifice of a ton of faith units.

  3. Kill the Second Coming Prophet using military. This could be accomplished by any of a Civ's military units, but the effects on that Civ would be devastating. Cities within the Civ following the Second Coming Prophet's religion would automatically revolt, there would be a huge warmonger penalty, and the Civ would suffer an amenity loss that would tank its chances of winning the game.

I think this kind of mechanic would make religious victories much more interesting and strategic. It would also create a way to cut through the resource issues that come with protracted religious warfare. Please let me know what you think.

submitted by /u/Dooblahaach
[link] [comments]

[CIV VI] I wish I could tell civs to back away from my borders

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 11:00 AM PST

Am I the only one that wishes I could do that. I am wondering g if there is a reason we can't. Suggestions are welcome

submitted by /u/TwistedPotat
[link] [comments]

Sneaky Russia stealing tiles

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 09:38 AM PST

Completely new to civ, need help.

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 08:15 PM PST

Hey guys,

I got a copy of civ 6 for my birthday, but I don't know the basics of the game very well. I only played through the tutorial and about an hour. Could someone teach me the basics and strategies? Much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Ceyxiro
[link] [comments]

[CIV VI] Won game during opponent's turn. Is this possible in more than one way?

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 07:24 PM PST

Won a religious victory when opponent suicided an inquisitor into my apostle, converting the deciding city to my religion. Was surprised to win in the middle of an AI turn.

I started to wonder how many ways this can happen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking you can only when domination during your turn, science at the beginning of your turn (can you trade a capitol?), and score at end of last player's turn. Culture is less clear to me because tourism seems more complex but an exact scenario isn't springing to mind.

submitted by /u/gibbons_iyf
[link] [comments]

Any New overhaul mods for Civ 6?

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 03:26 PM PST

I havnt played in a few months and am wondering if their is any new overhaul mods for Civ 6.. Vox Populi was amazing for Civ 5.. Kind of looking for something like that in Civ 6.. If no overhaul mods.. Maybe some mods I can use together to get a new experience? Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/linist1984
[link] [comments]

What's your ratio of restarts to full game?

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 02:55 AM PST

So, I've spent the best part of half a day restarting the early game.

First, I restart within a turn if the settler doesn't appear within a move of a good city hex; then it's a restart if the five radius hexes aren't rich; finally, it's a restart if I don't get my first targeted wonder (I could rage quit when missing by one turn). After getting over those hurdles I'm committed and will play through.

I think it must be 20 restarts : 1 full game.

submitted by /u/ShootingPains
[link] [comments]

Looking for a modder

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 03:07 PM PST

Hello everyone,

I have an idea of mod that would consistantly reduce the game dragging mid/late game and make a lot more dynamic.

The problem is that i have no clue how to mod Civ and really don't have that much time to learn.

I am a graphic designer IRL and can provide the needed graphic assets.

Is there someone willing to join me on this ? mp me if you want some more information.

submitted by /u/aztuk
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.