All Standard Hero Builds updated for Patch 7.00/.01 [Part 1] | Learn Dota 2

All Standard Hero Builds updated for Patch 7.00/.01 [Part 1]

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:04 AM PST

Full changelog can be seen here

  • Total Subscriptions, pre-7.00/.01: 182,203,920 - [Full Data Sheet]
  • A total of 831 changes changes applied across 150 guides out of 152 guides
  • This a preliminary update. I will monitor and adjust the builds across two weeks as the meta irons out.

Special Notes:

  • Since the Hero Builds Cloud Server is currently de-synced, I cannot implement these changes in-game yet

  • Talent Perks have not been implemented in the hero builds system. I will have to redo the hero builds if/when they are implemented.


Follow the Project Support the Project Archive Threads
Follow @TorteDeLini Patreon.com/Torte LiquidDota.com
Follow on Steam Single Donations PlayDota.com

This latest update was made possible thanks to the feedback from the following community members. Sincerest thank you to

Pontual, Sn0_Man, Meta, Logo, Belisarius, Velzi, Alurr, CosmicSpiral, bdonballer, Buckyman, Birdie, -methane-, aliflo

This project continues to be made possible by the contributions of

Alfred Vogl, Pearson Mewbourne, Ben Lewis-Evans, Michael Carmody, Leonardo Lambertini, Scott MacDonald, Sutas, Nicholas Chlumecky, Dice, Bartlomiej Jan Pasek, Tony Heugh, Guitaringegg, JimmaDaRustla, Graham Bullard, Daxdiv, Mikey Kaminski, Ryan Goss, Freeze ray, Nate Hubbard, The WLD Crew, Benjamin Miller, Kistaro Windrider, Elliot Cuite, Daniel Thackray, Jose Cacho, Matthew Nami, tale, LordDay, Joel Absolom, S J, Gabriel F. Brondino, Tyler Reid, Hursha, Aaron Bell, Jason Davis, Cooper Johnson, Samuel Enocsson, slashershot, Igor Dolgiy, Ramona Brown, Duncan, Alishams Hassam, Leon Traill, Josh Laseter, Daniel Cavanagh, Genc Musliu, Joshua Rodman, Moe Foster
submitted by /u/TorteDeLini
[link] [comments]

How the hell do I play DOTA?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:58 PM PST

I've played a few matches to kinda figure it out but 7.00 has completely thrown me off, what do I do? It's not my first MOBA but it's so complex.
submitted by /u/MarshmellowMarksman
[link] [comments]

Is anyone be interested in listening/watching tourney games of 5.2k-6.1k semipro team?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 12:34 PM PST

Just tourney games with our communications
submitted by /u/asgs_world
[link] [comments]

DotaBuff Plus

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 02:17 AM PST

Morning All,
Just wondered how many people here have tried DotaBuff Plus? And what, if anything, did you gain from this?
I get that TrueSight is analyzing your replays for you, but what is that actually highlighting? Rather than just numbers. I'm interested in trying this out over the holidays but I want some sort of a buy in that I'm going to actually get something out of it!
Thanks in advance.
submitted by /u/TommiDanger
[link] [comments]

Thanks, r/learndota2!

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 10:23 AM PST

I first ranked at 1024 mmr, dropping to a lowest of about 800. With the help of this sub and a positive attitude toward my team, I have just hit 2k, 2.5x the mmr of my lowest. Not planning on stopping though, 2.1k will be coming up next!
dotabuff
submitted by /u/toastedstapler
[link] [comments]

Any oracle mains here? Pitch in please :D

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 08:29 PM PST

Like, I just need someone to hold my hand and walk me through him, I understand the gist of playing him and how his skill works (e.g: you can use his 2nd to disable their enemy carry from hitting and the combos) but like, idk I feel like I'm not using him to his full potential because I don't feel like my contributions during fights are doing much
submitted by /u/Weegee_
[link] [comments]

What's your best/most fun new build in Dota 7.00?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 05:51 PM PST

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been theorycrafting for the last (almost) 2 weeks, and I'd like to know if anybody took their theory to the field and did something wild/fun/OP, you name it!
For me, it was this game where I went Bounty Hunter carry. It was my first game with the new patch and I was in a 5 stack, so I told them I'd do something crazy.
What's your story?
submitted by /u/Davylectric
[link] [comments]

Playing ranked

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 02:25 PM PST

Hey guys, Firstly I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong subreddit, I wasn't sure where I would put it, And I'm also sorry if this is a newby question :(
So, My question is, I'm going to start playing ranked soon, And I play a support character, While playing ranked, Am I going to get a good rank if I play support? I mean, In the matches I play now, I can get about 4/7/13, I struggle to actually kill the enemy but I can keep people alive and also assist, There have been matches where I get 30+ assists but only 2 kills, Would this be a problem if I am going for a good rank? I tried to play other types of characters besides support but I suck at them, I invested weeks into them, Endless guides, Even got friends to tutor me on how to play other characters besides support heroes, And I just completely suck at them.
So in short, If I play a support in Ranked and hoping to get a good rank while doing so, Just a stupid wish or can I get good ranks while being a support with a low kill count but a super high assist count.
Thanks for all replies!
submitted by /u/legendalive
[link] [comments]

I'm getting even worse at dota as time goes on

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 06:31 PM PST

I'm now on a 9 game loss streak. I've lost 600 mmr in the past month. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. You would think that you would get better from experience, but for me the more I play the game, the shittier I get. I just don't get what is wrong with me, why can't I improve? Why can't I finally get out of 2k mmr after nearly 4 years? Please I just want to have fun with this game but I'm tried of losing. If anybody knows how to get better please help.
EDIT: Make that 12 games
submitted by /u/FlazzleDazzle
[link] [comments]

Sven item build + playstyle

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 10:11 PM PST

I've played some sven in 7.00 and have mixed feelings. Perhaps its my playstyle but I seem to have a lot of kills and a lot of deaths as well. (12/11/20 or some score similar to that on a winning game) My item build as of 7.00 has been treads-MoM-armlet then things like bkb, ac, or Daedalus depending on the game. I deal loads of damage but feel I have trouble surviving. Is this down to my item build or my playstyle?
submitted by /u/Lavamites
[link] [comments]

Double tapping to self-cast items?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 03:41 PM PST

Does this option exist? How does one enable it? I have selfcast active for spells and it works fine, but not for items and its driving me crazy, any ideas?
submitted by /u/2718-
[link] [comments]

Just Calibrated at 1k MMR - Help!

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:25 PM PST

So I just calibrated to 1k mmr. I know i'm terrible but I really do think that my team is usually letting me down. Stealing drafts without telling anyone, supports refuse to play support and play core.. I just really need help to get to 2k mmr. I feel like 2kmmr is the best place for me right now as I am confident I can get farm but I need other players to live up to their roles aswell. Sorry If I sound Ignorant
submitted by /u/Sertexia
[link] [comments]

Roaming Pudge

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:14 PM PST

I want to try roaming pudge but i dont have an idea on what items to get for him. Any help would be great!
submitted by /u/DemKnightTDK
[link] [comments]

I think zeus aghs is lowkey OP

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 06:52 AM PST

Global presence heroes are great because you can help out with kills anywhere on the map with no risk to yourself, of course this is usually limited to low cd spells with only one damage instance applying (invokers sunstrike, aa ult, zeus ult, natures prophet ult, clockwerks flare). Nimbus has super low cast time and fires the first shot off instantly so it isnt a skill shot, it's the only global spell with a stun and it has the potential to do a shit ton of damage if you can catch the enemy hero in it for a time.
level 18 Zeus with aghs and octarine can provide true sight vision to the aoe of nimbus, deal 524 damage to a standard magic resistance hero if nimbus gets two hits (easy if timed with an allies stun, strike intervals are 1.9 seconds with octarine. less than half the time of his regular cast cd of lightning bolt) all on a 37 second cooldown. if he uses ult with it that's 862 damage to a hero after resistances.
If that's not enough every single hit from nimbus provides a ministun. no tp escapes, no channeled spells, even spells with long cast time will get cancelled. you can use it defensively if a team mate gets caught out by a pudge/bane/enigma/whatever. All with no risk to zeus at all.
I'm loving playing zeus and getting easy wins by playing it safe and gaining level advantage with farm but i think people are gonna start realizing how OP this is pretty soon. it offers a lot with next to no risk.
submitted by /u/kingnixon
[link] [comments]

Cheesy Legion Commander Build - how to deal with?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 08:43 PM PST

Look, I had a game where a Legion Commander was running around with a Shadow Blade and a BKB, and she was basically catching my teammates out and dueling them down.
She single handedly carried the other team.
It was incredibly cheesy and hard to deal with.
submitted by /u/lookseedooso
[link] [comments]

Can anyone teach me how to play dota 2 properly?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 12:30 PM PST

From LoL so I have some background in MOBAs but I am not sure which people go where normally or what to build. I know the long lanes have a support and a carry but what goes in the other lanes? Which type of characters stay in the jungle? Can I take tusk as a carry or to kill stuff in the jungle?
submitted by /u/ewapenguin
[link] [comments]

Difficult heroes worth using?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 12:47 PM PST

Hey guys.
So I have around ~200 games under my belt now (mainly play Single Draft and Random Draft to expand my hero pool, haven't touched Ranked yet), and I've been wondering if I should try to learn some of the more difficult heroes (Invoker, Earth Spirit, etc.)?
Or would it be better to focus more on learning more general mechanics/build paths on the easier heroes? I've always been really mediocre at RTS games, so multi-unit control is still a bit of a struggle for me.
Link to my dotabuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/58469266
P.S.: Any additional tips/recommendations would be welcome too, thanks all!
submitted by /u/ExusDius
[link] [comments]

How to I win anti-mage this game as invoker?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 06:37 PM PST

This is a match id that I think I really have improved my DOTA skill mechanical from this hero. I try to avoid mistake and cs asap. I moving up for 500 mmr from 2.5-3.0 k mmr in rapidly. Since the huge update has patched I going down to 2.7 mmr again in this period but i try harder and found that a little thing that I have made. I wanna ask someone that is really strong and confident in INVOKER for any situation that overcome.
My match ID : 2865325478
submitted by /u/osktongtong
[link] [comments]

Hotd microing

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 05:53 AM PST

Does anyone else have to rebind their dominated creep to a control group every time they dominate a new creep? Is there a way around this?
Edit: I know about the all other units button, but when you've got manta other illusions it becomes hard to deal with. Also tabbing always messes me up for some reason unless I'm spam tabbing on meepo.
submitted by /u/hot_Dogd
[link] [comments]

How to improve

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 11:37 AM PST

Hey guys,
I started playing ranked at around early november (around 150 normal games played) and calibrated at around 1.7k. After I finished my exams, I started playing again and now I'm at 2.1k mmr which has made me pretty excited (although its still very low). Right now I'm playing a lot of queen of pain and have found a lot of success with her. I'm also playing a lot of luna ( I've started building the mask of madness on her which I think is pretty good). How do I improve my game? I average around 45-50 cs@10 although it will be around 30 if I'm getting bullied a lot in lane.
submitted by /u/Project_Raiden
[link] [comments]

Mid Jakiro

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 01:31 PM PST

So today I was looking at Jakiro and thought holy shit mid Jakiro seems like it should be pretty viable, so I went and tried it, playing 2 games:
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2864736525 - Just random unranked game in a stack, not really good for giving an idea of mid Jakiro potential
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2865056231 - Solo ranked game, 4464 avg mmr iirc. The mid MK I was against had about 5k solo mmr.
So as you can see it went well. I basically went mid -> ruined enemy mids day -> killed mid tower -> roamed around rest of map pushing towers with team and then we win. It feels really strong to be honest, the hero does ridiculous amounts of damage with dual breath + liquid fire early and still does insane damage with ice path + macropyre + dual breath + veil later on. He also destroys towers at a stupid rate and is super tanky. The skill build I went in the VHS game is what I prefer, except with ult at 9.
The main problem is that you super fall off late, but with the new talents I'm not so sure you do. With +400 attack range and pike you can become a pseudo sniper so if you farm into items like bloodthorn + shivas after your veil + euls + pike I think you can actually be a not irrelevant right click threat.
So basically yeah, what do you think of mid Jakiro?
submitted by /u/ItsToxic
[link] [comments]

Under what conditions is Monkey King visible when in a tree?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 02:46 AM PST

I always seem to get noticed by the enemy heroes. I actually fear stalking on trees now even if I don't jump around. What am I doing wrong? As of now I am using tree dancing only when chasing or running since I fear of ganking from a tree.
submitted by /u/djenkov
[link] [comments]

Resource that gives me item builds depending on game?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 04:01 PM PST

Is there a resource like dotabuff or dotapicker which tells me what would be the most optimal item build against certain enemies? As a carry I'm still really bad at building items and can't think of good items to create an advantage against enemies that kite me, out-manfight me or lock me down in the middle of a game.
submitted by /u/JD_274
[link] [comments]

Support Bloodseeker in 7.01 theorycrafting

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:54 AM PST

What are your thoughts on running Bloodseeker as a Position 4 support in patch 7.01? Mine are below. Note that I've separated "benefits" of this build into a pre-7.00 and post-7.00 section - the idea is to convince you that even if support Bloodseeker was never previously good enough to make it into the meta, it's gotten better since 7.00 and could actually be viable now.
tl;dr Bloodseeker's kit can be used to benefit the team instead of himself. He offers some sustain in the laning phase, damage amplification and silence which scales well into late game, a True Sight passive which also gives him some mobility / safety, and a quasi-lockdown spell... none of which require much farm or mana to use effectively. Common support items like Eul's and Force Staff synergise particularly well with him, and the map changes + talents in 7.00 buff him further.
Skill Build
Get a value point in Blood Rite, Bloodrage, and Thirst in that order. Proceed to max them one-by-one in that same order, getting your ultimate or talenets whenever possible. Your talents will be +5 armor, +250 health, +10 stats, and -7s Blood Rite cooldown. This Bloodseeker is primarily going to be a spellcaster, and the first three talents help keep him alive longer to keep casting spells. The last talent is just a no-brainer (the other option is 30% lifesteal) since we'll rarely be right clicking.
Items
Try to buy either courier or one ward, but no more - maybe buy a smoke if you can convince your team to come contest a rune at 0:00. You won't be last hitting or sitting forward in lane, so one set of Tangos should be enough. Magic Stick is great if you'll be against spell casters, Wind Lace is great since your boots will be delayed (especially if you're solo support and need to upgrade courier), and Clarities are downright amazing now since we're playing a spell-heavy build that will use a fair amount of mana, and they no longer get interrupted either while pulling (which we'll be doing, as a support) or farming a camp (which Bloodseeker has the inherent sustain to do well).
If you got a quick Level 6 and some space to farm for yourself, you could probably pick up an Urn and go gank with it. Otherwise, your core items will be Eul's and Force Staff. You'd probably never get Mek (will come too late after those items and you have a sustain option) or Aether Lens (your cast range is already great) but all other "support" items are on the table. Maybe Drums - not sure the movement aura is as good now, but the mana regen is better for support Bloodseeker than health regen. Late game, I really like the idea of putting Lotus Orb / Linkens on your carry, since you can now Bloodrage them with less risk of amplifying huge damage against them.
Laning Strategy
Head safelane, ideally with a ranged carry. You're squishy and melee, so you won't be harassing any time soon - instead, your strategy is to a) apply Bloodrage to your carry just as they're about to last hit, so they get free sustain in lane, and b) pull the lane fairly constantly to deny the enemy XP.
It's best to lane with a ranged carry because Bloodrage also amplifies the damage they take - if they can sit back from the lane a bit, it's much lower risk. It also takes the enemy longer to reach them, which gives us a little more time and information for a life saving Blood Rite. Otherwise, a sufficiently tanky core / carry who can walk up to last hit (does this work with Axe's Counter Helix?) would be okay - just not AM or anything like that.
Bloodrage also gives us three advantages over other supports wishing to pull lane. First, it gives us some built-in sustain so creep damage doesn't add up. Second, it makes last hitting even easier, and we want all the gold we can get. Third, it actually makes single pulling viable because if you kill the camp very quickly after it intercepts your creeps, you'll only pull the lane back a little - it won't necessarily meet under your tower and then push on the next wave.
Probably the main downside of running Bloodseeker as a defensive support is that he doesn't have an immediate stun or silence - if your carry gets ganked and the stun occurs within two seconds of seeing the enemy, Blood Rite hitting one second later will do relatively little to actually stop the kill from occurring. An observer ward right next to your lane at all times is probably a 100% necessity for this strategy.
Benefits to support Bloodseeker - PRE-7.00
  • The basic theme here is that all of Bloodseeker's abilities can be used to benefit his entire team and specifically other carries, not just himself. It actually seems a bit wasteful to me to use Bloodseeker as a carry - why 'waste' a slot on a carry for silence or True Sight or a damage buff they're just applying to themselves, when you could have a support do all that and just pick a carry with an even harder hitting kit?
  • Bloodrage can give both you and your carry sustain in the laning stage for zero mana. It's probably too risky to use in a super high kill potential lane (unless the enemy has left or been killed), but it's always a nice option to have. The damage and health regen continue to be useful throughout the game in 'safe' moments, and help your carry farm by giving them the buff.
  • Bloodrage has huge potential for ganks and teamfights, especially if you're playing support and can focus on casting spells well instead of having to manfight and decide whether the damage amplification on yourself is too risky or not. If the teamfight lasts 18 seconds (not uncommon), you could potentially get this off three times during the fight. Useful for allies with lots of burst, allies who won't take much damage in fights, enemies you're coordinating damage against, etc. High impact spell with no farm or mana necessary, and only a 6s cooldown (bonus points if you force a dispel with it).
  • Blood Rite is a 6s silence on a 13s cooldown (by Level 7 in this build) in a 600 AOE, for just 100 mana. If your items are taking care of your mana issues, you can basically cast this constantly. It's got a 1500 cast range so you can easily stay out of fights (especially because Bloodseeker should be pretty speedy by now), and does a little damage as a side benefit. This is again, super handy as a support spell - your carries equally benefit from the enemy being silenced, and there's no reason you have to do the hitting yourself.
  • Thirst gives undispellable True Sight of enemy heroes below 25% HP, from just Level 1. Worth chucking a value point into for this alone, and helps your carries chase people down. The bonus movement speed still only applies to you, but could still be useful for a) also helping to chase and kill low HP heroes yourself, b) escaping from teamfights that have gone wrong, or c) generally moving across the map. In some senses, the movement speed could actually be better on a support Bloodseeker than a carry one - if there's a low HP enemy heading back to base that no-one can kill, you'll basically continue playing as normal. A carry would probably frequently stop to farm camps (wasting the buff), whereas supports are more inclined to be constantly moving to ward, check runes, gank, etc.
  • Rupture heavily incentivises the enemy to stand still, which helps the rest of your team lock them down and kill them. In addition, though, it works really well with both Eul's (to cancel reactionary TPs) and Force Staff (to force damage or a kill onto the enemy) which are great items on most supports anyway - playing a support that inherently synergises with these items is an even bigger bonus.
  • Bloodrage gives Bloodseeker the ability to farm relatively quickly himself (compared to other supports) if there are spare camps or creeps, and of course his kit can be transitioned into a core / carry eventually if the game goes long enough. Nice to have both.
Benefits to support Bloodseeker - POST-7.00
  • Slight Thirst buff - lingers for 2 seconds after a target dies.
  • -7s Blood Rite cooldown talent at Level 25. This is insane, giving the 6s AOE silence only a 6s cooldown and effectively 100% uptime. If your fight lasts 12/18/24s, you get to cast this 2/3/4 times, each with potentially huge impact. Obviously reliant on getting to Level 25 (not that uncommon since 7.00) but great when it arrives.
  • XP is easier to get in general due to the XP scaling changes, more bouty runes, more camps, and ability to TP to shrines even after T1 and some T2 towers fall, so it's easier to get out onto the map to at least farm something or make some plays. This buffs supports with stronger mid and late game kits, and Bloodseeker's scales very well (%-based damage, 6s silence, %-based move speed, %-based Rupture damage as enemies gain more mobility items).
  • Runes and shrines added definite "hot spots" to the map, which should be a slight buff to Blood Rite. If you can predict that they're retreating to the Shrine or are moving to collect a rune at 4:00, that makes it easier to trap them in the Blood Rite AOE despite its long activation time.
  • As noted above, ability to use Clarities while pulling or clearing a camp is a buff to supports in general, but it's particularly nice for Bloodseeker who can now farm a small camp (say, after a won fight at bot) and replenish both HP and mana without needing to use a shrine or go home. Shrines in general are nice for initially mana-limited heroes like Bloodseeker, and these also give him more potential to spam Blood Rite on people.
  • Jungles now have more juke spots and less vision. This is a buff to both Thirst (automatic True Sight gets better) and to a lesser degree, Blood Rite (easier to jump people with it unexpectedly or place it in a chokepoint for a teamfight, increasing the odds they actually get caught by it).
  • Bloodrage doesn't heal if units kill illusions, and illusions got nerfed pretty heavily in 7.00. There's a lower chance you'll be playing against illusion heroes, and since you're more likely to be using Bloodrage on allies than enemies (since you have vision of them and it's easier to communicate to one person they're getting damage than to coordinate a whole team to focus on one enemy), I think this is another slight buff to Bloodrage in the meta.
  • Max movement speed increased from 522 to 550. Heroes capable of getting that fast, like Bloodseeker, just got even better... still not likely with a support build, but it can't hurt.
  • Monkey King has an incredibly annoying mobility skill that makes it hard to get vision against him. Rupture is good against mobile heroes, while Thirst is good against hidden heroes = slight buff to Bloodseeker in the meta.
So, thoughts? I don't think he's the best support in the world (in particular, no stuns / saves / heal while trying to escape is a bit uncomfortable) but I think it's probably viable in some lineups.
submitted by /u/anylegtypes
[link] [comments]

An Important Message For People That Give Up.

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 06:08 AM PST

You know, I almost every day I feel like giving up on my games. The stress is too much with some people of the community and the swarm of foreign players in US servers, but I just had a game (I'll link it) where we had a Doom and a Clinkz that were arguing over each other and Doom told me he wanted to just "have fun" and that he gave up. I proceeded to argue with him and say to never give up, I didn't say anything to piss him off (that's the opposite of what you should do) or make him want to throw the game more. As time went on in the match like say, 10 minutes, we had a fight top lane. For this game however, as fights were concerned, we were bound to lose. But I talked sense into Doom, and he actually tried this last fight, that we thought we were going to lose. I was playing Tinker, and I farmed a quick Aghanim's Scepter which I will never regret doing. The fight went on and the enemy team were all blind, the main carry was Doomed, the supports were dying by my rocket + laser spam, and the mid was handled by the rest of my team. Everything was uphill at that point. We got our items and we fought again, and this time it was ten times easier. In the very end, we ended up taking mega creeps for just one of our tier three towers, because we did not give up. If you are wondering how bad it actually was earlier in the game, I think it was somewhere along the lines of 19 - 1 (them) and they took Roshan three to four times and used the aegis and cheese all fights. The purpose of this message was to say that Dota 2 is a game of momentum you are able to push momentum slower and slower until it stops, and proceed to push it your way. Don't call it luck, because in this scenario positive mental attitude, and trying your best in this case is what that game meant to me. And I learned that I won't give up in horrible games like that ever again, even when the outcome is inevitable. And I would like everyone reading this to think the same way. Don't give up on your games, don't bring tilt onto your team mates. I'm pretty sure I got 4 commends that game. Good luck on the climb's and stay positive.
TL;DR: The game was insufferable and terrifying, 2 people tilted on my team. I yelled at one person that was giving up to not give up and 1 fight changed all of our whole perspective on the game, and we ended up winning. Don't give up.
The match in question: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2863440016
submitted by /u/StivoDivo
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.