HotBid leaving full time position in Teamliquid to do ESEX full time

I'm leaving my full time position at Team Liquid. It's for a variety of reasons, but it's mostly a life decision, as this stage in my life, it's time for a change. I want to do my own thing and I also want to live and work in the United States, near my family and friends.

My experience working at TLHQ was amazing. It's been a great and eventful 4 years, where I've made some great friends and worked with some amazing people. I've been able to travel the world and live a life many people dream about. Its shaped me as a person, and I'm so thankful I found ESPORTS and TL when for so long I had no idea what in life I was passionate about.

I'd like to thank Rich, Ivailo (disciple), and Victor (Nazgul) for a great time in the Netherlands, as well as Matt (Heyoka) for being my reliable internet partner. I'd also like to thank every single graphics, liquipedia, and TL writer I've bugged over the years to do something. Thank you all for putting up with my relentless trolling. You've done some amazing stuff.

What Next?


As for the future, I'm definitely still working in this field. Esports Express will be separating from TL and I'll be working on it full time, my first task for it probably to fund it properly through Kickstarter. You'll see some information and announcements from me about that soon.

ESEX is something I really enjoy doing and something that I am extremely good at, so we'll see where that takes me. Right now it's a side project and there's so many events and articles that we could have written but had no time to, and I think with the right focus we can really make the site even more amazing. I hope we get some support and can continue writing and providing our style of humor.

We'll probably be fundraising separately for SC2, Dota 2, and League, and focusing on those for a while before hopefully expanding to other games in the future. I'll be working with Marc (SirJolt) and Joe, our lead League writer for ESEX.

I'll still be around TL, doing work here and there as a volunteer and also occasionally doing interviews as well.

I'll always remember...


- Writing recaps for the old MSL back when Savior wasn't a pariah. I cheered for CJ and still do even these days when I see their logo and colors.
- Meeting progamers for the first time at Blizzcon and staying in a tiny room with a bunch of other TL staff that went to the event. Manifesto where are you at?
- The random unpredictable internet drama and gossiping about it with staff -- mostly Kennigit.
- Working on TSL 1, 2, and 3. Staying up late, catching hackers and abusers, refereeing, organizing the broadcasts, all of that was amazing. I still remember Dreiven's amazing series vs Mondi and that finals between Naniwa and Thorzain.
- My first interviews at events. It was amazingly bad, with Haypro and Huk at some random 2011 MLG. Who knew I'd be doing them years later and people would actually enjoy them??
------
Feel free to ask any questions in this thread about TL or my path in ESPORTS or whatever. I'll probably be doing some sort of AMA on Reddit as well when the fundraiser launches for ESEX in a few weeks.Last edit: 2014-10-20 13:27:07

Sources: TeamLiquid

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.