True Dota 2 - Why is Treant so strong now?


Why is Treant so strong now?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 02:51 PM PDT

I've read posts that mention Treant being a really strong and 'in meta' support pick right now in pubs. I don't really enjoy watching DotA pubstreams so is there anyone here willing to spoonfeed me why? I fail to see why his kit is so strong this patch.

submitted by /u/balmutw
[link] [comments]

Is there an up to date bell curve on the mmr distribution on specific servers?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 09:30 AM PDT

The goal in mind being

a) to see how many people are at what mmr

b) to see how the servers stack up against each other in terms of average skill

submitted by /u/DisastrousExtension
[link] [comments]

Crystal maiden's level 15 talents

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 11:07 PM PDT

With the 150 gpm talent, it almost ensures you have money to buy your support items plus more most of the time. The impact of this talent is much more visible than the impact of having the 14% reduction in mana cost/ mana loss talent. Yet on dotabuff we see the winrate of the manacost/ manaloss talent is greater than the gpm talent by 4.6%. I'm just having trouble understanding why this is. Does anyone have some insights to share?

submitted by /u/pewpewmaster
[link] [comments]

Necro safelane

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 06:42 AM PDT

Been running it a lot and seeing it in vhs pubs. Do you think it's viable and what build would be best (veil+radi or euls+aghas?)

what level builds are you going? I've tried maxing q and w or q and e first and they both seem really strong

submitted by /u/4cx_yb
[link] [comments]

Offlane Crystal Maiden?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 12:00 AM PDT

Forev is playing CM in the offlane for quite a fair number of games now (BTS Summer Cup). How does he do that? Any explanation why they are doing this?

submitted by /u/arbitergy
[link] [comments]

When to buy travels on ember?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 09:42 PM PDT

Treads plus maelstrom feels so much better for fighting and farming.

submitted by /u/Fortune_451
[link] [comments]

Best ways to stop free farming/fed carries with no counterpick?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 12:36 AM PDT

I play a lot of solo/duo queue pubs and something I come across a lot is a character like monkey king or slark just sat on a lane for 15 minutes with free farm, everytime we go to gank they will escape or see us on a ward, everytime we contest lane we need more than one person to do so just wasting our time further, I don't know how to counter it unless I am a support, when I'm a support I will deward and set up our wards for a gank on them, but alas I'm not always the support, of course I can buy wards as a 1/2/3 pos but then where do you draw the line?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/iiSpongee
[link] [comments]

Dealing with an Ursa warlock lane as bristleback

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 05:06 PM PDT

Hi there,

I am spamming a lot of bristle in the 2K-3K bracket, and I can actually deal with most common dual safelanes.

There is one exception though, Ursa + Warlock.

Issues: -Ursa can burst me before I can build of stacks -While I can damage ursa quite a bit on low levels, he just gets healed by shadow word -Fatal bonds are also incredibly annoying -As the bristle in this matchup, I kind of have to buy ring of health first. Of course, Ursa gets boots before me and can run me down with easy. -After Ursa has 2 levels on me, Warlock goes elsewhere

Assuming I go solo, any particular hints on what could be done? Normally, I tend to ban viper as bristle, may switch that ban out for ursa.

submitted by /u/Mightypeon
[link] [comments]

4.2k Templar and Brood games - advice from spammers/high ranks?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:09 PM PDT

Brood game was tough. Was my first time going mid as brood and forced picked her against DK coz i wanted to try her out. I barely tickled DK and only killed him when bara charged. In hindsight, I didn't make space for my team so top got steamrolled with bb slark matchup. Not sure if I shouldve rotated, farmed camps more, or pressured dk nonstop even if kill potential is low?

I'm pretty sure the orchid build was my biggest mistake. Shouldve gotten bkb instead. Not sure with the MOC/deso pickup against dk tho. Was there a better build?

Templar game was weird. I tried my best this game. Got wrong starting items as i thought i was going against zeus. Kinda won mid but missed some easy cs (usual for me, not really a good mid player). I farmed non stop with my won lane until i got deso. Mightve been a mistake as my safelane/offlane were losing badly. Was 3/4 shotting enemies afterwards but our 2 lanes were lost.

Settled on mjo/butterfly build to handle the PL. Was doing fine with it but eventually lost to pressure. Was getting orchid/nulli better? Not sure i can initiate on PL (heart/manta) to burst him and survive even with bkb at late game.

Anyway, i described the games as best as possible but would be great if someone can skim over the replays! I personally think the TA game was unwinnable but maybe a divine player can? For the brood game, i'm just looking for pointers and such.

submitted by /u/kitekitex
[link] [comments]

So I started spamming mapo 10 days ago, looking to improve certain things

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 04:31 AM PDT

I love this hero, he's so fun. I've been doing quite well with him as of recent, mostly due to improvements I've made to my farming patterns, laning and map awareness, but my micro is still bleh and I screw up combos sometimes (especially when I have illusions), fail to select and move low hp mapos to safety and for the life of me I can never remember to not skill anything at 16. I'm currently on a 17 winstreak with him because people don't really know how to play against him here in 3.5k-4k (ish), and this is unranked too so tryhards are a bit less common.

So anyhow, I think my map awareness and farming patterns really improved since I started spamming the hero and are good enough for now, so I'd really like to improve my micro some more and would highly appreciate it if someone could give me some tips on how to do it, and whether or not there's a method that doesn't involve actually playing more mapo because I'm so scared to lose my winstreak lol

Thanks in advance!!!

submitted by /u/WaddapImLiz
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.