Pokémon GO - The app should display Pokemon's IVs rather than having us use a 3rd party to calculate them


The app should display Pokemon's IVs rather than having us use a 3rd party to calculate them

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 05:35 PM PDT

After a few hours out catching, the last thing I want to do is go home and sit on my phone for an hour+ in order to determine IVs and clear out low-IV Pokemon.

We have accepted the convoluted norm of post-outing: click through menus to see what the trainer has to say, screenshot the likely-high-IV Pokemon, use a third-party app to calculate IVs, rename and star the high-IV Pokemon, and then transfer others. It feels like homework, which really makes the game feel burdensome at times.

I know we have grown to accept this time-consuming process, but we deserve better.

If every Pokemon has an IV, why can't Niantic just show the IV? The IVs should be displayed alongside CP in the list of Pokemon, so that we can sort by highest IV and mass transfer Pokemon as needed to make room to continue playing.

Also, I would like a warning if I am about to transfer a 95%+ IV, just like I get before transfering a shiny. To some, a high IV is even more valuable than a shiny/event Pokemon, and accidental transferring should be prevented.

Because IVs can be confusing topic for beginners, this could be a feature that begins toggled off, but can be toggled on when trainers become more experienced.

TL;DR: Show us Pokemon IVs alongside CP in the list, and let us sort by IVs for faster transferring

submitted by /u/tedofgork
[link] [comments]

Instead of having 2km, 5km, 7km and Trapinch eggs, make the Trapinch eggs more like the other eggs, where a number of different pokemon can be hatched from them

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 02:10 AM PDT

This would encourage people to play more and it would be more exciting, I don't understand why they set up the game this way.

submitted by /u/sdeslandesnz
[link] [comments]

Let's create Trade Centers where we can trade with our world wide pokemon friends

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:54 AM PDT

Similar to in the pokemon games where we had the trading center upstairs of the pokemon center, we could have IRL Trading Centers dedicated to trading.

This zone could allow us to trade with any of our pokemon friends world wide!

Kinda sucks how we cant trade with people unless they are within 100m.

submitted by /u/tbrady1001
[link] [comments]

As a rural player I would love to see some kind of temporary (portable or stationary) pokestop. Just let me buy something that impales my avatar with a disc I can spin 6-10 times for 30 mins. Bonus points if I can lure that sucker.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:07 PM PDT

How about a deployable pigeon coop or whatever that you can collect from everytime pidgey returns with a care package? If its lured a random pokemon will come to check it out every once in a while perhaps. This is probably not possible but I've had a few drinks & thought I'd share my wishes with reddit.

submitted by /u/mdb91
[link] [comments]

PSA: Save your Wailmer or Swablu candy incase we get a quest to evolve one for Celebi

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 06:17 AM PDT

Considering we had to evolve a Pokemon that required 400 candy for Magikarp don't be surprised if we have to do it again. If you don't have the candy you might want to get stocked on them now!

submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
[link] [comments]

[Humor] Meet your new coach!

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 11:44 AM PDT

Coach Niantic

Never cut your practice 'short' again! New coaching app with pokemon rewards!

I really wish they'd fix this. My runs inspired me to draw this.

submitted by /u/Billsofat
[link] [comments]

Alolan Eggs: Don't Open, Rattata inside

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 06:54 AM PDT

https://imgur.com/a/aEoJzbe

Use to be super hyped about these eggs, now i'm not sure if I should even bother trying to make space for them.

submitted by /u/tylermonster2
[link] [comments]

THANK YOU NIANTIC!

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 12:29 PM PDT

Until articuno day I had only done three legendary raids, and they were two weeks before.

On articuno day I got to actually run around and play with a community and I had such a good day! This community day I knew where everyone would be and got my friend (another solo player) to come along and she finally got her first ever legendary raid. I caught my first new legendary, she didn't manage to catch him BUT we both got our first ex raids.

I'm SO excited! I finally feel like I'm actually part of the game!

I'm going to be late off lunch but fuck it.

submitted by /u/AbsyntheMinded_
[link] [comments]

When you get back into Pokemon Go, and finally get enough to evolve Magikarp and you feel accomplished...

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:21 PM PDT

And then your next Special Task is "Evolve a Magikarp" ... I've got two candies left.

God. Dammit.

Talk about terrible timing. Surely others feel my pain on this one. Going to be a LONG time before I get anywhere close with this one.

submitted by /u/yeahrightpeter
[link] [comments]

Updated usage of Pokemon buddy

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:57 AM PDT

When the buddy system was first released, it was a godsend for obtaining candies from pokemon otherwise not seen. Since the advent of rare candies, this benefit has been severely diminished and in many cases not very helpful. My idea:

Allow added benefits such as a passive from your selected buddy pokemon depending on type. These benefits can provide small bonuses and be individualized to the pokemon or broadly applied to the elemental type class (dual typing will have one assigned bonus).

For example: If you walk a fire type like magmar, his ability could be flame body Player experiences decreased hatching time by 10% Grass types: Growth- Increased experience gained by 5% Electric types: Paralysis- Pokemon encounters are paralyzed and easier to catch (similar to nanab berry usage). Psychic types: Telekinesis- Increased range to spin and catch pokemon. Fighting: Sparring- Increased damage dealt to gyms by 10% Dragon: Aura - Increased chance of having other dragon types spawn Fairy: Meteor Shower- Increased stardust per catch by 10%

Pokemon buddy switches could only occur once a day if the player wants to switch and the resulting bonus can be tiered depending on either

a) The trainers level b) The pokemon's level that they are walking c) The distance the pokemon has been walked

This last part could be used as an incentive to stick with your same buddy for better benefits, or to walk your most powerful type for the best bonus.

submitted by /u/Gardwan
[link] [comments]

[Humor] When you wear your Pokémon Go Plus “Spider-Man style” and play TOO much...

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:14 AM PDT

https://imgur.com/gallery/EmtV0cb

So this is how I wear my Go Plus as it frees up the use of both hands and still lets me push it easily. As you can see, I wear it this way quite often...

submitted by /u/ehsteve12
[link] [comments]

Seeing other players

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 03:56 PM PDT

Okay so this has been on my mind for a while. Does anyone think niantic will ever add a System so when you or Other players are online like in an area you can see them so that way raids and etc may become Easier

submitted by /u/Snarfask
[link] [comments]

[Screenshot] My first shiny

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 06:03 PM PDT

I've been playing pokemon since i had gold as a child on my gbc and I've never caught a shiny. Meta relevant or not, I love ot, will power it uo, and it no matter what others think. http://imgur.com/a/awWwkBC

submitted by /u/tapsfrequently
[link] [comments]

Is someone about to lose a job?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:08 PM PDT

I was picking up a cheap TV at Walmart and playing Pokemon Go, and I noticed this description on the Pokestop. Do all of the Walmart pokestops have this description?

http://imgur.com/gallery/IVpwJXC

submitted by /u/Pancakes-n-unicorns
[link] [comments]

Perfect IV Snorlax!

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 09:34 PM PDT

Not much of a story, but I'm excited just the same! I was getting ready for bed and decided to open up PoGo to see what spawned at the apartment. I caught a Tauros and completed one of my field research tasks, which put me at a full completed week! I haven't been grinding them that hard since Snorlax has never been a huge fave of mine, but I was happy to see it anyways. The Snorlax I encountered fought being caught, but once I did I decided to give it a cursory check to see if it would be grinder fodder.....and it's a perfect IV full 100% Snorlax! Not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked about it. I know most probably won't think he's worth TMing, but what would you guys suggest as an ideal moveset? Probably gonna work on maxing him out and adding him to my eventual perfect IV party.

submitted by /u/RainbowAaria
[link] [comments]

Comic-Con 2018 Panel Canceled

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:08 PM PDT

Not sure if anyone knew this, but Ingress was about to have a panel at Comic-Con for Pokemon GO, but found out this morning it was canceled. Is there any information on this?

submitted by /u/gacman47
[link] [comments]

Players in Green Lane, PA area

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:18 PM PDT

So I noticed a lot of the same players in the gyms near Green Lane, PA area but I never see anyone around. Sometimes my SO and I defeat a gym and go to assign a pokemon to the gym but we see a teammate already put one in! We look around but don't see anyone...it's like a ghost town. Also I wish there was a way for us to know a players friend code so we could send them gifts and stuff and raid together. So if you're in the area, PM me :)

submitted by /u/TeamDelSol
[link] [comments]

Event Pokemon transfer

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 10:41 PM PDT

Am I the only one who thinks it's dumb that we can transfer event Pokemon for candy? I have 20 event Pikachus, and all they are doing is taking up space

submitted by /u/rinkrat91
[link] [comments]

[Screenshot] He got two bodyguards today!

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 09:20 AM PDT

This little guy was alone for a year now and just got two friends today! Sad i missed party hat, wanted to have one of each https://m.imgur.com/a/JKAeH0W

submitted by /u/Shieriven
[link] [comments]

Is this Magikarp good enough?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:28 PM PDT

Howdy everyone...

I'm on the Mew quest where I need to evolve a Magikarp, but since it's such a big investment I want to make sure I'm evolving a good one.

The best one I have is lvl15, 88.9% IV, 13 ATK 15 DEF 12 HP.

How is that? Keep waiting? I still need another 5 or so raids to do, too. For the quest.

submitted by /u/powbang
[link] [comments]

[Bug] I have to restart the game when I try to catch a wild Pokemon on the field research. Is anybody having the same problem?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 06:27 AM PDT

I have an iPhone 7. Once I complete a field research and the prize is a wild Pokemon my game freezes. The pokemon is still moving but I can't do nothing. No matter where I press on ther the screen the game won't respond. I have to restart it and try again immediately for it to work. Is anybody having the same problem or knows how to fix it?

submitted by /u/Felipsll
[link] [comments]

Something happening to the gyms?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:49 PM PDT

For the last ~2 hours, all of the gyms in my town have been gray. You can't add a mon to the gym and no errors have popped up. Has anyone else experienced this?

submitted by /u/Ledekai
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.