Guild Wars 2 - Everyone else is getting 39k DPS.


Everyone else is getting 39k DPS.

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 12:45 PM PDT

In light of recent changes... (Best buff ever)

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 03:31 PM PDT

MetaBattle Open World updated for 10 July Balance Patch

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 10:48 AM PDT

MetaBattle Open World

Hey all, it's the MetaBattle Open World curator. I've done a pass to update the MetaBattle Open World section for the recent balance patch. All of the articles should now be properly formatted and up to date.

General Changes

Class Specific Notes

Elementalist

  • Sword Weavers got a nerf to Elements of Rage, but they also got higher burst which more or less evens out.
  • Staff Weavers felt the Elements of Rage nerf and were also hit hard by the nerf to Lava Font. This means they'll have a harder time against bosses and other stationary targets. However, it doesn't affect open world roaming significantly, since most of Staff Weaver's damage against moving targets comes from other skills.

Engineer

  • Elixir-focused builds have slightly more reliable quickness uptime from Elixir U.
  • Condition Engineer is still bad in open world. I'm sorry, fellow condi engi mains.

Guardian

  • Focus got buffed and now deals significant damage with Ray of Judgment. Since Focus was already the recommended offhand, this is a net buff for open world Guardian.

Mesmer

  • Condition Mirage got a significant damage nerf. It deals less damage with Imaginary Axes and receives less condition duration from Chaotic Persistence, forcing it to run more condition duration. It's probably still good though.

Necromancer

  • Reaper deals more damage across the board. Praise Anet.
  • Scourge received some minor damage nerfs, but is still really good in open world.

Ranger

  • Ranger got buffed across the board for open world. Power builds now deal 5% more damage thanks to Farsighted. Soulbeast also got a massive pile of stats.

Revenant

  • Revenants got some incredibly tiny buffs which you ultimately won't notice. Shiro is pretty good though.

Thief

  • Thief damage got minor buffs across the board. They aren't as major as in fractals and raids, because the changes to Exposed Weakness are only a damage buff if you can get 5+ conditions on your target, and this is difficult to achieve solo.
  • Rifle Deadeye got massive buffs via Silent Scope, Death's Judgment, and stolen skills, making it finally even with the Pistol variant.

Warrior

  • Both power and condition Warrior builds received minor damage nerfs. Power Warriors will feel the nerfs to Peak Performance and Attacker's Insight. However, the builds remain unchanged and are still good.
  • "Shake It Off!" and "For Great Justice!" are a lot more powerful now, which will help warriors generate might or deal with conditions better.

Afterword

As always, MetaBattle is a community wiki. If you have good ideas or suggestions, feel free to submit new builds or edit existing builds. More info can be found at MetaBattle:Tutorial.

submitted by /u/chinkeeyong
[link] [comments]

Flipping Wars 2 - Mental Breakdown Edition

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 01:56 PM PDT

Mad King's Envoy - Commission by Magion02

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 02:41 AM PDT

My Druid is finally wielding the Moon and Stars (dual legendary journey complete)

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 11:36 AM PDT

Come Party with Us at San Diego Comic Con – GuildWars2.com

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 09:02 AM PDT

A Human Sylvari

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 06:04 AM PDT

Anet could you look at the Treasure Hunter Kits?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 01:09 PM PDT

There are, imo, 2 main issues with those atm:

  1. They are not rewarding enough for the time spent.
  2. They often ask you to cross the ENTIRE MAP, hence forcing you to teleport most of the time, reducing the value even more

I may be alone on this one but it would be a nice/fun thing to do while waiting for PvP queues, or when you want to chill a little, I don't know, but atm you're punished more than anything by doing them.

submitted by /u/DemethValknut
[link] [comments]

How it feels to be a Condi Engi right now... :(

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 05:59 AM PDT

The Temple Events are amazing. Don't let them be a burden.

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 04:45 AM PDT

Hey Gw2 folk,

I recently played the Orr Temple events for the Collection added with EP.3, like many others did too. The last time I played them was many months if not years ago and I have to say: The Temple events are amazing.

I had a lot of fun while playing them. Especially in Straits of Devastation. I never noticed that it is a meta event build up almost like the metas in HoT maps. You start in Fort Trinity and advance further and further into Orr. The fights are as good as Vanilla Gw2 could get, but the overall presentation is amazing. The music that starts playing, the voice lines that are spoken, the bosses that spawn, the overall story everything feels very epic.

What is my criticism? I just don't know when they start. A lot of frustration occurred because hundreds of player waited hours sometimes days till they got all of the Temple events. I'm not asking to change them like HoT where the final stages of the Meta are on a timer. I like that they are player driven. But give them a reset timer (maybe like Dragons Stand). I would love to play Straits of Devastation from start to finish, build up north, south and central, but most of the time the maps are simply done or unorganized. If the map would reset all 3 (or more) hours, people could actually organize (without guild etc) and advance from start to finish and do the Meta.

What is your opinion? Should this content stay untouched because it's old? Is it perfect already? Am I simply wrong? Am I missing something?

(Obviously, this is a subjective and personal opinion. )

TLDR: I feel like such an amazing content shouldn't be buried beneath hours of uncertain waiting.

Edit: While I'm asking for things that will never be done: Add new rewards to them. Maybe a rare drop, maybe exclusive minis, maybe one piece of armor for each Temple, maybe a guaranteed drop of a certain material, maybe a collection that can be repeated like reward tracks that requires them.

submitted by /u/Noschii1
[link] [comments]

Is meteor shower bugged in wvw?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 01:33 PM PDT

Before the patch on my mostly zerker with marauder mix I never really hit 10k+ unless it was on downstates or equally squishy players. Since Tuesdays patch however I seem to be constantly hitting over 10k on what I assume is minstrel firebrands and trailblazer scourges and I even managed to get a 17k hit on a non-downstate. Others in my guild/chat have been complaining about the sudden big hits and being one shot by it.

submitted by /u/the-painted-man
[link] [comments]

Raid Leaderboards Guild standings (8 may-10 jul 2018 patch)

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 01:03 PM PDT

So with the adition of leaderboards for raids (https://www.gw2raidar.com/leaderboards) i tought could be fun to see wich guild has the number 1 spot for each boss when a balance patch ends

All time records are fun but a lot of them are pretty much imposible to beat for changes in balance and competition can get "stale", so what most other MMOs do for records and to keep things fun is sort them by "balance patch" (all time records being still really important), pretty much what this leaderboards do

The list of top 1 boss kills by guild:

1) Death and Taxes [DnT]: Sabetha,Xera and Deimos

2) 4 way tie between:

-Quantify[qT]: Vale Guardian and Mathias

-Snow Crows [SC]: Gorseval and Cairn

-Ethereal Synergy [eS]: Samaraog and Keep Construct

-Lucky Noobs [LN]: Mursat Overseer and Soules horror

3) two way tie between

-Hop Skip Jump [up] Slothosaur

-Dispossession [dp]: Dhuum

Worth to notice some of this guilds have disband/merge/share members,etc but i use the guild tag that they use when they got those kills

Another interesting data on all this kills is what classes were used and number of appearances

1-Scourges 38 used

2-Chrono 28 used

2-Weaver 26 used

3-Mirage 14 used

4-Berzerker and Druid 8 used

5-Core warrior 5 used

6-Renegade 2 used

7-Soulbeast and Herald 1 used

I think for the end of this new balance patch the classes we are gonna see are gonna be pretty diferent to what we saw here at leats on the dps part, the suports much likely are gonna be the same

There you go, thx u/merforga1 for creating the site and everyone that help with it, and everyone that didn't know about it check it out is a good place to check team comps for bosses and how classes perform in real fights instead of just benchmarks

submitted by /u/Aladdinoo
[link] [comments]

Today's "Daily Demolisher" is the Maws of Torment Meta!

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 05:37 PM PDT

Just a quick PSA. The Daily Demolisher that popped up today (for the first time?) says it's in Vabbi. It's actually the end boss in the Maw meta event in Desolation :)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maws_of_Torment

submitted by /u/khorren
[link] [comments]

What is your ideal new Elite Specialization for your main class?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 12:15 PM PDT

Y'all are creative as fuck, so I want to hear what new Elite Spec you'd like for your class!

submitted by /u/TheDetective13
[link] [comments]

You ele mains can complain all you want, but you'll never feel as dead as necromancer mains.

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 01:53 AM PDT

I wish the Elementalist’s summoned elementals gave allies buffs when traited to Tempest

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 04:29 PM PDT

Could really help Tempest's quest in being as good of a support as Druid.

submitted by /u/TheDetective13
[link] [comments]

Advice to "Git gud?"

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 07:33 AM PDT

So lemme start by saying I'm totally aware that different playstyles lend themselves well to different players, but I reach out my Spectral Grasp to the community with this question: What's your advice to "Git Gud?"

As a little background, I find myself needing this answered as I watch other players rush into a horde of enemies and destroy them, taking little to no damage, whereas when I try something similar, I'm downed pretty quick and frustratingly throwing daggers. I'll never complain, of course, that the game is unfair (with very few exceptions). I know it has to be my skill choice or skill as a player.

So how do you do it, folks? Do you focus more defensively? Play aggressive and fast? Is there a "tell" I can look for to dodge more effectively? On top of that, what other advice can you give to help players get better at surviving and being better players?

Edit: Yes, I typically play necro and thief (reaper and DD, to be specific), and I'm loving most of these responses. Hopefully others will see this and get decent responses to questions they've yet to ask, too.

submitted by /u/Ryufirestorm
[link] [comments]

Some Insight about how GW2's Narrative is created, recent post from Angel Mccoy

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 11:18 PM PDT

I saw this on twitter and thought I would share since it gives us a pretty interesting look into how the narrative team works at Arenanet. Angel who used to work at Anet posted this little piece a few days ago! It goes a little bit into how the writers have very little control over the characters they create, and that management/time constraints can affect the story greatly. In ways they wish it didn't. I don't doubt that each individual dev at Anet really wants to give us the best experience they can, but these complications get in the way and then they find themselves under fan pressure for it. I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of stuff affects all aspects of development and not just the narrative team.

Quote from Angel Mccoy, former Narrative Designer for Guild Wars 2, July 8, 2018,

"I want to state something for the record, for GW2 fans, since some of them seem to be misinformed.

A AAA game like GW2 is never built by one person.

I did not conceive of Trahearne, nor did I write any of his dialogue neither in the original release nor in the expansion. I was involved in the conception of Scarlet, but she went quickly off the rails because of multiple writers writing her and the command from on high to have a bigger, more powerful enemy.

I was never the narrative director. I was the primary writer on many episodes in Seasons 1 and 2, but not all of them. Half of them, actually. Every creative idea I had at Anet had to go through the gristmill of approvals, feedback, and marketing goals. I had great ideas, but I was at the mercy of management and of the realities of game design. Any vision I had early on for the game's story was trampled by the chaos that is game design in a large company working on quick-release products. I was powerless to fight it, though I tried for 10 years.

I have sucked up the criticism all these long years because I was loyal to the company and to my team. Bottom line, I am proud of every release I worked on. I worked my ass off for my teammates, but mostly for you, the fans. Because I love seeing you happy. The hate hurts, perhaps more than you realize, and it makes you look like you have no idea how things actually work.

I think I speak for many content creators, writers, game designers, and humans when I say: how about we agree to treat each other with respect, eh?"

It's a nice little eye opener on how we can be a little more mindful about feedback. It reminds me of a post I saw recently. It mentioned how giving feedback to individual devs in big companies was a lot like giving feedback to workers in a manufacturing factory instead of the actual manufacturers. Lamenting on the fact that they often don't have as much control as we would expect them to.

submitted by /u/Alloyne
[link] [comments]

Have some positivity!

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 01:23 PM PDT

I come to Guild Wars for this kind of gritty realism and riveting gameplay.

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 07:09 PM PDT

wow so exotic much silver

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 03:21 PM PDT

BLTC updating

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 10:25 AM PDT

So we've had more than 3 stat gear for a while now. Even before HoT, we had celestial. But you cannot search for that stuff in BLTC

BLTC gear search

Granted, the 4 stat gear is craftable but still.

submitted by /u/SirPorthos
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.