Factorio I'm uninstalling Factorio and here's why [LONG]


I'm uninstalling Factorio and here's why [LONG]

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 11:03 AM PDT

I got a new ssd so I'll be installing it on that

submitted by /u/hanuke
[link] [comments]

Never enough copper!

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 05:06 AM PDT

I didn't leave enough room on my main bus, which forced me to make this monstrosity.

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 10:44 AM PDT

Thank you Devs and thank you Bob and Angel

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 11:19 PM PDT

Just wanted to thanks to the Devs of Factorio and the Modders of Bobs Mods and Angels Mods for the Game and their Mods. The Game really helps me keeping my Mind off things since my Wife died four Months ago. Finished a Vanilla Game two Weeks ago and started a Game with Bobs and Angels last Weekend. Its crazy how much those Mods change the complexity of the Game but i love it. So thank you for this awesome Game and those awesome Mods!

submitted by /u/G1h345d
[link] [comments]

Smart Turret Prototype BP (Revisited!) - Turrets that only turn on when needed.

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 01:01 PM PDT

How to you get the iron on a different side

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 09:08 AM PDT

Here in my Garbage.

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:45 PM PDT

My First non-trivial circuit (Kovarex automation - pastebin link in comments)

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 08:21 AM PDT

Am i doing something wrong? Where is the line between playing the game and just doing math?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 08:43 AM PDT

Lets just cut to the chase. I have just begun on a huge Excel sheet, that almost fit an entire factory in it and i was wondering: am i really playing the game anymore? I mean, i knlw factorio is alot about math and ratios and so on but i have eveen fitted power production in to the sheet. Im playing seablock, full bobs and angels, and im currently on 230 hours in and i havent even automated blue sience. Insted i've been working on Excel sheets of the diffrent productions.

submitted by /u/kagemand1234
[link] [comments]

Train Crossing Dilemma

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 11:49 AM PDT

Train Crossing Dilemma

Hello All! First time posting on this sub with 39hrs, so im fairly new to the game aswell (Please excuse the mess and wrong doings in the image). Iv been playing about with railways and managed to get a couple systems set up (signals are difficult!). I managed to get 2 trains on one rail with a bit of trial & error and another rail with 2 trains and a shared station.

I recently had to setup a new train line for copper and built a rail accross an already existing railway. Here lies my problem. I cannot, for the life of me, get this crossing to work without trains crashing, displaying "no path" or not going at all and I wondered if you folks could help me out? Im still learning here and I have played the signal tutorial several times to try wrap my head round it! And again, please don't heavily criticize for anything obvious I have missed/done wrong. Thanks guys!

The copper coloured train is the new line, marked with green arrows!

https://i.redd.it/ys89gxbpck911.jpg

submitted by /u/Gazzamurphy
[link] [comments]

Steam Engine Not Producing - What am I doing wrong?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 06:22 PM PDT

After many years of biters=0, I'm going on a new phase, and embracing ze weapons!

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 04:12 AM PDT

My factorio career has been marred by a deep withering distaste for The Aliens.

I always hated the 'defend yourself from incessant attacks' part of the game. Always. So I resorted to nuking them from the command line, and getting on with my building a functional factory.

Well, my latest excursion into Factorio was on a Google Compute Platform server, and it went very very well. We ended up launching 401 rockets, on our world, had mining productivity up to 65, producing about 120+ Science Per Minute. The biters were dealt with by console commands, and it was a glorious stress-free game, rediscovering our Factorio legs, and embracing new features, the filter-splitters, cliffs (oh how we hated those), and learning how to use Upgrade Planner and Builder, Helicopters, and a handful of other mods.

Today we decided that we had reached a good enough point in that game to consider our training over, and it was time to Start Again. With biters.

No console commands to deal with them -- guns, turrets, laser turrets and lots of ammo.

Started this afternoon, got to the stage where all the Red science was effectively completed before our first biter attacks.

Now we'll see if we're able to survive. :)

It certainly increases the adrenaline factor, to have alarms blaring, and looking frantically at the map for the latest incursion.

submitted by /u/excessionoz
[link] [comments]

How can/should I design a high throughput train system for delivering iron/copper/coal/stone/uranium?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 05:43 PM PDT

So I'm not yet (and probably won't) be going FULL megabase, but I'm getting to the sort of kind of biggish base level, and my poorly designed train system is starting to break down. I'm looking to rip it out and design another one. I'm not expecting this train system to have to handle fluids like water/oil, although it might end up delivering sulfuric acid for uranium mining. And being expandable to handle more is never a bad thing.

Are there train station blueprints that people use for the offloading section? That would probably be the most complicated, the side in the base, where as outposts are usually pretty simple to set up.

https://imgur.com/a/MqGAUZ9

Here's some pictures of my current setup if you want to laugh at my poor design; I'm assuming I'll just be replacing it with an entirely different setup, as I want to have more room for more than one iron/copper unload (or at least longer trains using the one stop, if I go that route).

submitted by /u/Tasonir
[link] [comments]

Sphagetthification and 1/2 asses

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 12:17 PM PDT

Sooo... ive been looking tru this sub for a bit now and im wonderin, Am i the only one half-assing literally everything this game or is this just a beginner thing? I have around 60 hours in the game btw.

submitted by /u/Captainrobert63
[link] [comments]

On low settings, one frame of the running animation is higher quality than the rest. Is this a bug?

Posted: 11 Jul 2018 11:06 PM PDT

New player. Stuck in tutorial section

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 07:28 PM PDT

I just started Factorio and I am still in the tutorial section of the game. I've made it to the part where you have to get 50/50 sectors scanned. after a couple restarts due to being overwhelmed by aliens, I finally got the completed yellow dialogue tab. The bit of dialogue I got from the character told me to explore southeast. When I tried to explore southeast I was quickly over run by aliens. Seems like a nest is near by. I've made light body armor, magazines for my pistol, a submachine gun with no way to make ammo for it and a couple gun turrets also with no way to ammo for it. I'm tired of restarting the section, what do I do ?

submitted by /u/dicedicediceaf1
[link] [comments]

TIL: 17 euro symbols count as 51 characters.

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 03:38 PM PDT

Does anyone else stop everything else once they unlock an upgrade?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 07:25 AM PDT

Expanding the factory? Building the next kind of science? Hooking up a new patch of ore before it becomes a problem for once? Nope, I just unlocked red belts / blue belts / steel furnaces / modules, gotta replace all of the old junk with the new hotness first.

submitted by /u/SirKaid
[link] [comments]

50 research. Is there a number where it becomes ineffective? Is 50 just as good as 500?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 07:12 AM PDT

Don't rollback if you don't want bugs.

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 12:33 AM PDT

Extended end game mods?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 06:17 PM PDT

Hello!

I am looking to do a ridiculous, over-the-top play through of the game this time. I've done harder challenges but now I am looking for something fun and stupid.I was looking into TA miners and that brought me to factorio extended...which judging by the mod forum has had some version issues. I am looking for suggestions to just have the most OP play through possible for a taste of the easy life. I was thinking about making a megabase on it just for lols.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/logan67100
[link] [comments]

Is Kovarex still in Bob's/Angel's?

Posted: 12 Jul 2018 05:49 PM PDT

Playing a Bob's/Angel's/Seablock game (I like being able to make my own ore, don't have to build outposts all the freakin' time) and I cannot find the technology to research Koverex enrichment. I just got nuclear power researched, I have nuclear fuel reprocessing and and MOX fuel available, but Kovarex is nowhere to be found. Is this a weird mod conflict or is it actually supposed to be gone?

submitted by /u/doctor_trucks
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.