True Dota 2 - Pugna as offlaner. Guide for those who like 3v1 still. |
- Pugna as offlaner. Guide for those who like 3v1 still.
- For those of you who have recently (Last year or 2) grinded your way out of high 4K/Low 5k, how did you do it? What advice would you give for someone that’s hit a plateau at this MMR?
- Could I get some insight on playing veil QoP?
- Hi guys, I just made a guide on how to play warlock. Would appreciate it if you guys would take a look. Thanks in advance!
- Carry tips
- Last Pick Offlaner versus Spectre
- Ursa trash tier atm?
- How to play bloodseeker?
- Alternatives to Earth Spirit in 7.17 meta?
- How to counteract the enemy deathball mid?
- Undying's Talents
| Pugna as offlaner. Guide for those who like 3v1 still. Posted: 19 Jun 2018 02:05 PM PDT I love me some Pugna, I surely do and since I've been asked a few times as how to run him offlane I'll try to write an semi elaborate guide of my style to play him. There are many ways to play Pugna, but this one is mine. Pugna on the offlane, Strong and Squishy. So first we gotta look into his skills and determine what use they have on lane, when ganking, when pushing and when fleeing (you coward). Netherblast: Huge aoe nuke that will deal a lot of damage and help you secure your precious lasthit on the ranged creep but it will push the lane. Make sure that every time you use it lands the lasthit on ranged and possibly a melee AND must land on their carry. You can jungle medium camps with it too from level 3 so dont forget to stack medium camps when you run past it. From level 3 onwards you will try to use it do big damage to their carry whilst denying him lasthits with Decrepify, its really a beautiful combo - you thought it was annoying to lane against brewmaster - just wait till you hear the enemy carry cry tears in decrepify. Decrepify: Especially in the laning stage this is your most important spell. On cooldown youre a squishy low armor target that will die to any rotations. When its off cooldown you suddenly become the strongest early game nuker with a great escape and lane disruption, so it has three uses. Saving yourself, Harassing enemies and denying lasthits. If you're facing a trilane, asses how strong it is against you (huge magic burst will kill you so decrepify can only help you harass, slowing trilanes you can run from if you have your boots early and physical damage trilanes you can defend yourself from) and how decrepify will benefit you most. It is never bad to use it on enemies but it can hurt you if they still have nukes. Netherward: This will not be good in lane, too long cooldown and too little damage and no utility at level 1. There can be a rare scenario where you skill it early but that is not something a guide will tell you, you'll learn it after you lost that game. Starting Items and first wave. Mangoes, Tango, Salve +... Mangoes give you a big benefit so you can buy a few of those, a preferance and how you read your lane will determine if it is 2 or 3. 1 set of tangoes, 1 salve. Faerie fire is also solid as is a branch for that extra regen. In some games I will get the wind Lace to zoom zoom from the enemies, arriva. It is fine to save the gold or buy more regen, itemize for wand or try something new. Your skill point offers 2 options. Nuke their creeps, burn hero regen and try to ruin equilibrium to enter tower range, or Decrepify their core to deny him important lasthits (and more importantly so you can get your ranged creep) and to let their wave push. Usually it is best to save it for the last minute, you might have to skill something to get a kill or escape an unhelpful death. Decrepify and Netherblast should be cast in order of Netherblast first and Decrepify after. Netherblast has a short delay in damage and this will also save you decrepify if you see you miss it or they go immune. This is now referred to as combo. Block creeps, or dont - they might fuck up and just let it completely push into their own tower. Depending on which options you took (fight or disrupt) apply your pressure accordingly. Level 1 blast whenever the enemy carry goes to deny/lasthit while harassing him every step of the way - pugna has decent starting damage and it will be the only time in the game you bother attacking enemies anyway so might as well enjoy it while you can. With this method you might burn their carrys regen early and get your wave into their tower - but it can cost you your life. As offlaner you know this is the price for experience and you must calculate when it is worth it and when it is not. The other option is decrepify. This skill protects you when they run you down, which they will but it offers you no damage (yet!). It does however offer you the ability to stop your own ranged creep from attacking for 3.5 seconds and if your last creep is left the enemy creep walks past it (into XP territory, wooo). It also offers you the ability to fuck with the carry and his lasthits. Remember the 15 sec cd at level 1 so it can be used every wave once, maaaaybe twice Early game, items and pressure. Tranquils, Magic Wand, Raindrop(ssss), Claritiesssss. TP. Now that you've made it to level 2, the game is on! You're a fiend. A drug fiend - you'll kill creeps, even heroes! for a taste of that blue crack. I am talking about the clarity of course. Your first "big" item is Tranquils and then finish the wand (you'll wand (heh) a stick from side shop) but every time you ferry out items, see if you can't get a clarity or two in with that purchase as well. Because of the low HP pool of early game pugna, the high mana consumption and that magic damage is your only real threat, Raindrop is mandatory all through the mid game so this item goes on the list too. With Decrepify and Netherblast you can harass the enemy core while denying their lasthits. It is also a great way to bait out spells to weaken their defenses and burn their mana. Jugger doesn't wanna spin early game unless it is for a kill or to survive a gank, bait him to push the wave if he wants to lasthit. Combo him to get the deny and damage in on him. He will probably spin now. If he does - chase him and harass him, or flee and harass him. This trick will work once or twice and now it is possible to simply bait his spin with decrepify. This keeps his manapool low and you able to apply huge pressure on him and his tower. If their support is still around when you are 5 or 6, they're yours to farm. Any support (like Lich) who has little HP will die to 1 combo with a drain. Wear them down with a blast, see if they back out or stay for more hurt then blow them up and gain their respect. The way to get kills on lane will always be through positioning so use fog and trees to get your position perfect and use move speed to stay in their melee range - they gotta run anyway. From here on you stay on the lane, draw attention, starve carry, take tower, farm jungle and apply more pressure. Ending of laning stage, mid game and items. Veil of Discord, Glimmercape, Aether Lens Raindrop, Heisenbergs Meth. When you've taken their first tier 1 (that can happen from 8 to 12 mins) it is time to decide your game plan. Stay on the offlane and take tier 2 - it is risky, but very worth it - or apply pressure on the other lanes. That is how Veil and Glimmer will decide your game plan. More factors like enemy lineup will also determine this but usually I would go Veil first if my early game has been decent and I can win 2 other lanes with rotations and I will go Glimmer if I can stay top and dodge ganks. Building both is preferable so wether you go one or the other you made the right choice. When rotating you always go with the aim of taking a tower - everything you do is to blow up buildings in a green haze of childish wandfarts. Time your blast with the creepwave for more greed, and when they start to gather a defense (watch minimap) place your Netherward to the side but pretty close to tower - always a place where you can defend it. Did you stay on their safelane? Smart move, get an observer ward to protect yourself. A preemptive glimmer will make them think you already hid and puts you further out of harms way. Remember your kill potential so if you see a straggler move to gank you, run to him and blow him up. Combo them and glimmer yourself then drain them to death or use glimmer to sneak up to a perfect position and combo and drain. When their towers fall you build your Aether Lens - This is the most core item you can have and it is very possible that you get it before Glimmer or Veil if you have control of your game. Aghanims and then what? Agha will come pretty fast when you take towers, aim for it before 20 minutes, but do not stress it, after all you already have built items for more than 5k. Agha is good, it is core sure, but it is never too late to get an Aghs and it can be skipped for other items. It is just so. Damn. Good. that you always have it on your mind. With an Aghanim you now have the ability to bait out spells to interupt it and still kill your target. But you know what? It is also totally fine just to hit towers. Stand back, break base and take a shrine. This is solid play and it does not require an Aghs to do. Lategame, level 25 and Octarine Your inventory should look something like this: Boots (tranq/bots), Veil/glimmer (do not sell either lategame, keep them in bagpack if you have 6slots already), Aether Lens (This is core, almost impossible to sell), BKB (there will be a paragraph about the terrible yet mandatory item BKB is), Blink (is optional, but preferred), Octarine and a clarities in bagpack. Octarine is the bright shining star in any Pugna game because it offers so, sooo much that pugna loves. Damage to HP Cooldown reduction to 3 of his skills and any item he hs HP and INT for survival/damage. Octarine and level 20 Decrepify talent will give you 100% uptime, making you immune to physical. Your ward will have 100% uptime and netherblast will have a cooldown of 3 seconds (and at 25 close to 600 damage). Lifedrain will out outheal blademail by a big margain (especially if you glimmer cape) and generally you'll be a full HP because of Octarine all the time. You will just be pressuring towers if there are any left. You pose a considerable risk to the enemies if left alive so you're a prime target - but a hard target. Use this to bait spells so your allies can back you up if you initiate. Talents At level 10 you get 2 options and both are viable. Are you in doubt, always get HP - but movespeed has its merits and if your style is to zoom, zoom away little green buddy, zoom away. 15 is always netherblast cooldown, I can not see why you would go any other way. 20 is a no brainer for me, Decrepify is too good and 25% heal you will get from octarine. 25 Against maybe Tinker or a core sky you could go for Ward damage but you could also just get Netherblast damage and take their base either way. Item comments, Tips and closing arguments, honored jury. Tranquils are my preferred method of transportation because they keep you 100% so you can use lifedrain to get full mana. They're also fast, pugna likes fast. When applying pressure when your ulti is up or you're at a tower you want your boots to stay unbroken so decrepify yourself if a tower is aiming you - you can get in another blast without breaking boots or not take that damage from a creep that will break 'em - the cooldown is longer than decrepify so have this in mind. Try to use glimmer to dodge projectiles so tranquils doesn't break, and spells to avoid damage. It is really easy to get into a good position due to your movespeed and with glimmer you can sneak up and place yourself perfectly. I will usually use combo and drain and use glimmer to get away after. BKB is a beautiful item. However when immune to magic damage you're also immune to decrepify and if many enemies will take advantage of this - you actually prefer a lower BKB so you can get to safety faster. Honerable mention goes to Aeon Disk - It is pretty self explainatory. Solid item. Never be afraid to use Decrepify on your allies, they do not get slowed but will take more magic damage. You have both Glimmer and Decrepify so they are basically unkillable. Heart and Lifedrain makes you a healbot to your carry when the game has slipped from your skeleton fingers. With Veil you can clear waves abit faster but at what cost? 2 Netherblast have a cooldown of 5 while Veil is 15. I would rather save Veil for a kill. Pugna works best versus squishy cores. You want to be able daddy up on their core and slap them down. Jugger, PA, Gyro and Spectre. Especially Spectre I feel you can deal with very well. Your drain follows in fog and you can instantly kill Haunt illusions. She stays squishy for a good while so keep killing her and delaying that Radi. Lancer can be a trick but at least you deny him the power of any illusion army. CK is your bane, but again, you delete illusions - if you can stand out of harms way (Aeon disk is preferable here vs CK) long enough to drain 2 or 3 of his Phantasm illus, you stopped him from killing everybody. In general I would say, focus on towers and pressure but you have great solo kill potential on anybody and this is enough to make them group up early, but they have no power to stop your pushing and therefore their inability to fight you will lead to you taking towers. Thats all I got (I will remember a bunch of things and add it later, either in commends or in edits) [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2018 07:55 AM PDT Hi everyone, I've been playing dota for around 4 years on and off (2 ~6 month breaks), and for the last year I've been stuck between 4.5-5.1k MMR. I play anything but mid when I play ranked, I try to watch streams and watch almost every BSJ coaching video, but I just appear to be stuck. Is there any advice you would give to someone whose in this MMR range with a goal of being immortal? [link] [comments] |
| Could I get some insight on playing veil QoP? Posted: 19 Jun 2018 08:40 AM PDT Hey all. Been messing around with Veil first on QoP and I feel like I'm playing it very ineffectively. I generally like to go treads, orchid, with wand and nulls and the orchid build feels very straightforward. Bully the lane, rotate with runes / good opportunities, start getting pickoffs with the orchid. Veil build feels less so. I feel like I get the item then don't really do anything. Of course, every game is different, but what are some of the nuances that I'm missing here? I feel like I can be playing with the item way better. Thanks! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2018 12:14 AM PDT |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2018 01:56 AM PDT Hi everyone, ancient 3 carry player here. I feel abit off meta now since i stopped dota for a while. Can i know as a carry when and how long should i farm? is it not so encouraged to fight along with teams in early game now? Much appreciated if u r willing to share ur play style with me :) [link] [comments] |
| Last Pick Offlaner versus Spectre Posted: 19 Jun 2018 08:52 AM PDT You get to choose your last pick offlane versus Spectre with a safe trilane. Pick your FOM supports or whatever. He's safe trilaned, it's not a 1 v 1 or 1 v 2. I last picked an Enchantress because I had Drow Aura and other reasons I thought it'd be good. Our team had two potential silver's edge carriers, but I don't even know if that is the game plan against a spectre. Spec is currently sitting at ~60% winrate. And if my intitial thoughts against the hero weren't clear. I took the tower very fast and beat their trilane. But I never became the hero that dealt with spectre past taking their T2. I'm not saying I played the game perfectly or coordinated my team at all. But between early spectre blademail build being good. I know it's not the job of the offlaner to win 1 v 3 and then keep spectre down, but I was just wondering if a different solo offlane hero has a better game plan versus spectre. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Jun 2018 06:25 AM PDT |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:50 PM PDT Hello friends. Recently i've been playing bloodseeker in the offlane and i have found that he's really strong if he shares the lane with one support. Or if he solo and you dont die, he can come online later before mid game. However i play him mostly like an annoying hero, going for the blood rite talents (damage and cd), building euls, blademail.. etc... I want to know specifically what is the role of him in Team fights (initiator?, wait till your carry do some damage then going in? play with the position of the enemy by applying ult or casting bloodrite?) Generally i want to know more about the hero and what he can do in order to improve with him. I think its a fun hero and never bores me. The problem is im not sure at all times what items to build and what talents to choose. I dont know if that happens because i pick him against a bad line up or what. So again, i want to know those details to be more certain about my playstyle with him. Thanks. [link] [comments] |
| Alternatives to Earth Spirit in 7.17 meta? Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:56 PM PDT I usually play pos4 roaming, but when it's needed I can play offlaners like clock, bristle, SK and occasionally ET. Before the bounty runes rework, I spammed more than 100 earth spirit games and with a 58% win rate, I can safely say that I know this hero inside and out, which is why I can't play him in this meta. This meta has been all about static lanes and baby sitting carries. I played some unranked ES games to get a feel for it and while I usually have good games, I still lose because my cores have really bad lanes. This forced me to pick shaman and WR who can zone out most offlaners in lane and also take objectives. Last seasonal rank was archon 1, and I don't really care about the recalibration but more about having a good game and not getting dominated to the point where they just dive you in the fountain. Is there a better way to play earth spirit in the lanes? It's so hard to gank mid now that towers are closer too. Can you guys suggest some alternatives to ES for the same play style? Thanks guys [link] [comments] |
| How to counteract the enemy deathball mid? Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:32 PM PDT An example to explain the question: I was OD mid vs pudge. As expected, crushed the lane, outleveled and outfarmed him. He left before he even got 6 and his support(s) sapped xp mid. I played my game as usual, hitting great timings due to free farm and overall just having a good game. Things in other lanes weren't good but not disastrous either. Their safelane had free farm. I walked around, got some kills, pushed lanes, applied pressure. Eventually their wind + 2 supports + pudge just walked around with the juggernaut and got pickoffs/towers. I know the correct play is to push out side lanes, which I did (and my team did as well, to some extent at least). Regardless, they deathballed mid and got the t2 despite getting 4 man wiped afterwards. In our team we had a huskar safe, sky 5 tusk 4 and bloodseeker 3. Their jugg grew fat while their heroes didn't farm much, but since they had 4 heroes that didn't need many items (wind, pudge, warlock, bane) it didn't hurt them too much at all. They continued to walk behind jugg and I couldn't do anything against their mass disable which also pierces bkb. My question is, how could I have won the game? I have read countless times that blaming your team's pitfalls is not the way to go. I can easily see how the lack of any good initiating/CC/teamfight offlane hurt us. I can easily see how the lack of decent warding/dewarding from our sky hurt us. I can easily see how the lack of sustain and disable hurt us. But, as an OD who had a good game, what could I have done by myself to win the game. I don't want to sit down and say "It was unwinnable", because I'm sure miracle would have been able to win. But I just don't know what the fuck to do. Please help and thanks in advance. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:48 PM PDT There's something that has always bothered me about Undying's talents and I wasn't able to put my finger on it until just now. His level 20 talent revolves completely around tombstone, there are some games when your tombstone is absolutely useless because it can get taken down so quick, and the last thing you want to do is spend your level 20 talent boosting it. 6+ hits isn't enough by level 20 to make a difference if you have been having trouble keeping your tombstone up and the extra damage won't even be seen. I'll make some suggestions, but I'm sure some who plays him a lot would come up with something better. Take away the cast range talent and place one of the tombstone talents down there but nerfed. Maybe +10 zombie damage or +2 attacks on tombstone. And then give him a level 20 evasion or armor talent or something better. Maybe some players with lots undying experience can say his talents are fine, but the point of talents is to give the hero more flexibility and it just doesn't seem flexible at the moment. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from True Dota 2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment