True Dota 2 - How would you build Shadow Fiend in the current patch?


How would you build Shadow Fiend in the current patch?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:27 AM PDT

I'm trying to learn him currently.

submitted by /u/MrZipZap
[link] [comments]

Hero counters with a skill bracket filter

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:59 AM PDT

Dotabuff has an amazing hero counters stats tab, but it shows data from all skill brackets. While average MMR in Dota is around 2.5k, this statistic is not always relevant for highest skill bracket.

Lets take Lifestealer (https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/lifestealer/counters) for example. Shadow Demon has only 0.16% advantage over him while being complete counter. He can save Lifestealer target by using Disruption and slow him down with Demonic Purge even through Rage.

I believe it's due to high skill gap for SD. The hero has only 38.75% winrate in 2-3k, while it's 55.56% winrate in 5k+.

Is there a website where I can find hero counters with filter by MMR?

submitted by /u/likeon
[link] [comments]

ITEM: The leveller

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:36 PM PDT

Ran across an old unreleased item on the wiki, I love theory crafting so i figured i would try to get a discussion started. I posted this on r/dota2 and was going to crosspost this but r/truedota2 doesn't appear to allow "link" posts.

https://dota2.gamepedia.com/The_Leveller

If this item were added to the game today, what balance tweaks would be necessary to make it viable and balanced?

Obviously the stat per gold would need to be decreased, as stats alone are very value not even counting the active.

I am thinking something like:

~3500-4K gold: ultimate orb + quelling/blightstone + javelin/mithril hammer/claymore/broadsword (any of those basic damage items) + Recipe

+12 all stats +10-20 Damage

Passive: demolish - 35% bonus damage to buildings (only applies to hero, not team or controlled units. Does not amplify spells that damage towers, only auto attacks) and 40% to non hero units (old quelling was 40% IIRC) Active: (would it be crazy to put old quelling blade active here?)

r/dota2 post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/8s3qt3/item_the_leveller/

submitted by /u/biroxan
[link] [comments]

How would you buff shadow demon?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:27 AM PDT

This hero clearly needs a buff, but not sure how.

Maybe reduced cool down and mana cost on shadow poison? Break being available on purge from the start (after all, viper gets aoe break on a non-ulti ability)? Increase range on disruption (so it's more comparable to shallow grave or false promise)?

All of the above?

To clarify, in very high skill pubs this hero has a 3% pick rate and 45% win rate. In professional matches he has an 10% pick + ban rate which puts him in the bottom quartile of heroes.

Edit: this sub is really no better than r/dota. Literally highest upvoted comment is "clearly needs a buff LMAO", which I'm pretty sure is against sub rules. Great discussion....

submitted by /u/MCLondon
[link] [comments]

So I tried out a spell caster type mid Luna.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:41 PM PDT

All talents taken were to buff her spells. My items were kaya, octorine, aghs, veil, treads. In theory, when you look at what it can do, it actually seems quite reasonable. Especially since you still have the ability to farm neuts reasonably fast and your right clicks are pretty legit for a spell caster. But holy fucking shit a spell caster Luna is just bad.

I still won the game with the most kills on my team, but it's just so fucking bad. Has anyone else tried this and had success? I was playing at 4k mmr, I feel as if that is the only reason we still won. Low mmr games it's possible to do pretty much anything as long as your team doesn't rage quit or feed down mid because you wanted to test something that isn't part of the current meta.

Has anyone tried this with success at higher mmr games? I really want this to be a thing but I can't determine if it's feasible or not without getting reported into a 6 month ban, win or lose.

submitted by /u/DTF_Truck
[link] [comments]

How to build TA past deso and blink?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:06 AM PDT

Crusader 1 TA spammer trying to learn how to itemise on TA. I usually get aquila, blight stone, treads and design by 11-14 mins, aegis, and then 15-18 min blink but after that I'm unsure what to buy. If I'm snowballing hard I like to go straight bloodthorn since it completely shuts down and supports who could possibly challenge you with stuns/escapes. However, I think bkb might be safer? I personally like to time 10 second BKB with 2nd rosh so a bit later than my bloodthorn timing assuming 15 or 16 min first rosh and 26 min second one. I never get pike since it doesn't give dmg, but maybe I should? I know pike is very good with meld strike and for the extra range. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/screaming_tiger9
[link] [comments]

Im trying to learn batrider.

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 10:32 PM PDT

lost about 200 mmr. Any tips on builds and counter hero's etc?

submitted by /u/OrganBreeder
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.