Super Smash Bros - Daily Discussion Thread 06/18/18


Daily Discussion Thread 06/18/18

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:12 AM PDT

Welcome to the Daily Discussion Thread series on /r/smashbros! Inspired by /r/SSBM and /r/hiphopheads's DDTs, you can post here:

  • General questions about Smash

  • General discussion (tentatively allowing for some off-topic discussion)

  • "Light" content that might not have been allowed as its own post (please keep it about Smash)

Other guidelines:

  • Be good to one another.

  • While DDT can be lax, please abide by our general rules. No linking to illegal/pirated stuff, no flaming, game debates, etc.

  • Please keep your meme spam contained to the sticky comment provided below.

If you have any suggestions about future DDTs or anything else subreddit related, please send them our way! Thanks in advance!

Also, if you want to chat with other /r/smashbros users you can do so via our Discord channel.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Link is right handed, but Young Link and Toon Link are left handed which is accurate to BotW.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:58 AM PDT

Daisy's Invitation (A comic I made for the occasion)

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:44 PM PDT

This is an official picture on the Smash bros website

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:37 AM PDT

As a girl, I am irritated at the Smash community

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:20 PM PDT

Would just like to put out there that the melee tournaments I've been to are extremely ostracizing. I've always played melee with all of my friends as a sort of party game but we all started to take it seriously about two years ago. I've always taken it semi-seriously (ex. I can wave-dash, but I'm kind of shitty incorporating it into my play and my combos don't always land). I play smash whenever there's free time and I have all my schoolwork done, etc. As a competitive player, I'm pretty awful, but I like to attend tournaments with my friends and I genuinely enjoy playing. I've met some pretty cool people at smash tournaments, and I'm still friends with them til this day. However, there are also some really annoying people. Half the guys will immediately hit on me and the other half will assume I'm an attention whore - and their argument is "backed up" when they see that my skill level is still pretty low.

It's pretty demoralizing and hard to become a better player when half the community refuses to take me seriously simply because I'm a girl and I'm not good (whereas the other half won't actually try in friendlies bc they're hitting on me). Idk it just kind of sucks. Was I supposed to show up to tournaments as a proficient player? My other guy friends were just as good as me but never received this kind of shit. Also there was that one time I went to a regional tournament and I approached the sign in desk with my friends and when I get to the front to pay the first thing they say is "girlfriends get in free." Feelsbadman. Anyways, my point is that if a girl shows up at your tournament and is bad at the game it doesn't mean she's an attention whore. It means she's trying to learn the game. Be nicer.

Edit: I have called out some of the people who have treated me differently, and my current smash community accepts me/I have made great friends. The point of my post is to make smashers aware that the smash community is toxic to girls who are just starting out. The fact that I'm labeled an attention whore for simply attending a tournament and getting my ass whooped is wrong. That label has never been attached to a male in that manner. Sure my community has warmed up to me, but if I didn't have a group of friends who attended tournaments with me I probably wouldn't be playing smash today. Also asking a solo girl (potentially the only girl at the tournament) to stand up to a significant number of the guys there will only earn her the title of being an even larger "attention whore."

Edit2: I'm not asking for advice. I have handled my own melee community, and I made my discomfort known. Since then almost everyone has been super nice. I was actually providing advice for future melee scenes/tournaments, and giving a reason why more girls aren't coming to the scene.

submitted by /u/jazzyju
[link] [comments]

She finished it and even added more blood. She’d like to thank you guys for the positive feedback and support :)

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:53 AM PDT

Ultimate will be playable at CEO 2018

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:30 PM PDT

this screen cap was posted on a discord and i got a bit carried away with some art...

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:17 PM PDT

Lemmy's face gets cut in half momentarily in the Smash Ultimate reveal trailer

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:49 PM PDT

If pokefloats returns,this is my idea for it´s omega form

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:01 PM PDT

Announcing Project Slippi - Enhancing Melee as a Sport

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Hey there! It's been a while since I last released anything and I'm super excited to finally share what I've been working on. Please view the content I've put out to explain what this is all about!

Quick Demo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OYS5JSZepQ

Detailed Release Blog Post: https://medium.com/project-slippi/project-public-release-4080c81d7205

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Follow me on Twitter for more updates: https://twitter.com/Fizzi36/status/1008744116807557120

submitted by /u/Fizzi36
[link] [comments]

Disney and Nintendo partner up to bring competitive gaming to the Disney Channel

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 12:51 PM PDT

This zelda redesign for smash ultimate has got me feeling N O S T A L G I C

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:28 AM PDT

Can we start banning Waluigi posts in general?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:47 AM PDT

I know a lot of you genuinely want him playable (so do I), but this just reminds me of the Smash 4 days with Ridley and the ridiculous amount of begging and reaches some of the community made toward his inclusion. It was beyond annoying and cringe-inducing back then and these Walugi posts, positive and negative, are not any better.

submitted by /u/NipplesOfDestiny
[link] [comments]

New Smash Blog Post! (6/18) "Today's Fighter #01: Mario Mario is an all-around fighter who uses his wide variety of techniques to respond to any situation. In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, he shows up in his Wedding tux and his Builder outfit, and Cappy even makes an appearance! "

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:10 PM PDT

You are not talking about echo fighters.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:48 PM PDT

I've seen a lot of posts recently along the lines of "echo fighters I want" or "what echo fighters could you see coming to Smash?", and many people would then suggest something that wouldn't really lead to an echo, but more to a semi-clone. So I thought I'd clarify the meaning of echo fighters, and echo fighters vs. semi-clone (or semi-echo, I guess?) fighters.

Echo: A character who is built on another in the cast, and shares ALL moves with that character, with only a few alterations. Examples:

  • Lucina (echo of Marth): Only differences are the tipper mechanic and her height (minimal difference).
  • Dark Pit (echo of Pit): Only differences are the side-B launch angle, neutral B strength & flexibility, forward tilt strength and the final smash.

Semi-Clone: A character who is built on another in the cast, and shares a lot of similarities with the original character, but whose moves have different properties and/or are totally different in some cases. Furthermore, character ground/air speed and weight are often changed. Examples:

  • Dr. Mario (Smash 4): Different down-B, down-air, neutral B (can jab lock), up-B, heavier, slower, most normals launch at different angles.
  • Ganondorf (Smash 4): All moves slower and stronger, launch at different angles, different animations for specials & aerials (except for bair), heavier & slower.

And finally, to conclude, here are some examples that would not make sense:

  • Waluigi as Captain Falcon echo. How would you fit Falcon specials with Waluigi?
  • Baby Mario as Mario echo. Smaller character, different weight.
  • Fawful as Bowser Jr. echo. That's just not how Fawful fights.

I hope this clears up some of the common misconceptions about echo fighters. I keep seeing people say things like "give this character 2 different moves and they could be an echo of X", and I'm like: No. Then it wouldn't be an echo. It'd be a semi-clone.

Edit: Fixed terminology

submitted by /u/xNaXDy
[link] [comments]

Black Wolf Palette Change

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:17 AM PDT

I really like the stock icons in Ultimate, so I did one for the character I want the most to join

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:50 PM PDT

Let's discuss, should C. Falcon be able to use his gun in ANY way? If so, how would he use it?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:50 PM PDT

I Recolored Luigi's Smash 5 Render to Purple.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:51 PM PDT

One very minor feature i want to see brought back to Smash bros

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:29 AM PDT

Remember how in Melee they had the location where the stage was located in on top of the stage name? Like "Kanto Region: Pokemon Stadium." or "Mushroom Kingdom: Peach's castle."

It was a very small thing but i really liked looking at each location, it's something i'd love to see brought back like "Pac Land: Pac maze" or "Japan: Susaku Castle"

submitted by /u/Klonoahedgehog
[link] [comments]

According to super smash bros brawl, meta knights sword swings can break the sound barrier. No wonder he’s the best in that game.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:00 AM PDT

why did i make this [OC]

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:38 AM PDT

All Pokémon characters in SSBU

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:12 PM PDT

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Character Battle: Round 1

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:01 PM PDT

Since the current roster in Ultimate is a nice even 64 characters (both Mii Fighters & Pokemon Trainer counting as one entity each and clones echo fighters counting as their own character ofc), I wanted to run a little popularity contest.

The format is a double-elimination tournament, 1v1. Fighters were arranged in seeds by the order they appear on the website (i.e. 1 will go up against 64 (Mario & Ridley), 2 will go up against 63 (Donkey Kong & Inkling), etc).

First round is pools - place your votes and after this round, winners and losers will be separated into their own brackets. Will update at around 6:00 PM CST every day unless stated otherwise.

START VOTING HERE

Now let's see which character will reign as the Ultimate Smash Brother!

didn't look through the reddit. really hope no one else is doing this right now

submitted by /u/KirbonicSoul
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.