RimWorld Typical Tuesday Suggestion Thread -- June 19, 2018


Typical Tuesday Suggestion Thread -- June 19, 2018

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 01:11 AM PDT

Please use this thread as a week-to-week suggestions box for Tynan, the /r/RimWorld mods, and game modders. Post whatever you feel would improve your RimWorld experience, but keep it civil! Before you post, please take a glance at the release notes and see if what you're suggesting has already been implemented. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

...So this happened

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:05 PM PDT

This is how Rimworld players flirt

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:32 PM PDT

You can now give a colonist a profession [1.0]

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:39 AM PDT

Rimworld 64-bit is available

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:53 PM PDT

Great recruitment skills [1.0]

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:21 AM PDT

Terra Village

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:25 AM PDT

I hate when my machining table breaks.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:09 AM PDT

This game never fails to amaze me. How have you even managed this, McIntyre?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 03:56 PM PDT

I just love the odd conversations in 1.0

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:05 PM PDT

Looks like Tynan hid something from us in the Dev Menu....

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 11:54 AM PDT

Some 1.0 Changes I didn't see documented (much)

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:07 PM PDT

Before I start, I probably messed up during this. Feel free to correct me and maybe point out stuff I missed.

New Building Sprites (starting off exciting I know)

  • Wind turbine
  • almost every crafting bench
  • sand bags
  • pretty much every ship part
  • cryptosleep caskets
  • beds (all of them)
  • hoppers
  • new flee, attack, and ignore icons
  • probably other stuff but I didn't want to keep looking at sprites

New Buildings and Structure Stuff

  • Fabrication bench - replaces component assembly bench, makes bionic parts, power armor, and components. components requires 12 steel now.
  • Water Mill - only buildable where there is flowing water, produces 1400w flat rate, requires 340 wood, 20 steel, 1 component. seems like a good deal?
  • Waterproof Conduits - cost 8 steel, built over shallow water
  • Autocannon Turret - did not test function, described as an auto mortar. Has the barrel replace the Mini Turret has now. costs 500 steel, 5 component.
  • Butcher Spot - a butcher area that provides 70% of butcher materials
  • Chair outline for buildings that can have chairs
  • smoothable walls (probably in the patch notes but still everyone needs to know)
  • Bridges cost 12 wood and can only be built on shallow water. Have a seperate remove order
  • New joy Recreation items: Game of Ur board, hoopstone ring

Items / Misc

  • Also joy is Recreation now
  • Bionics, crafted at fabrication bench (efficiency varies)
  • bionic arms, legs, spine cost- 15 plasteel 4 advanced comonents
  • bionic heart - 15 plasteel 3 adv comps
  • bionic stomach and ear - 10 plasteel,
  • archotech arm, leg, and eyes, with 180% efficiency each. No way to craft (as far as I've seen)
  • Auto rebuild feature, toggleable similar to beauty view
  • I think there are more water depths but I'm too lazy to check
  • dev build text covers the menu button on the bottom right (i have a 720p craptop so this might be a personal problem)
  • New (?) Hediff: trauma savant. Increases manipulation but disables talking and makes them deaf. Nevermind, not new, go home everyone. Thank you IiteraIIy.
  • Steel replaced with squirel meat, this might be a bit op but we'll see how this pans out

I likely missed plenty of things and accidentally had things from the patch notes. Let me know if you find anything, I'll probably add it. (Seriously I probably missed like 90% of the stuff in this update I looked for stuff in like half an hour. Also report typos I am very tired) also yes i stopped organizing them properly at the end i am lazy and tired

im tired

edit 1: small stuff from my notes i forgot the add

submitted by /u/epicjakman
[link] [comments]

RimBiosis -- when two organisms live together, benefitting one or both of them. An example is this muffalo wearing a turtle.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 02:27 PM PDT

It's really hard to tell outlander factions apart [1.0]

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:35 PM PDT

There is always one neutral and one hostile outlander faction now, but, at least in the dozen of so worlds I've generated so far, they've both been colored nearly-identical shades of purple. Is anyone else having this problem?

submitted by /u/JakeJacob
[link] [comments]

Boomalope Train? Looks more like a colony-killer

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:42 PM PDT

She was only supposed to put a Wooden Foot... HOW DID SHE CUT INTO HIS LUNG!?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 04:13 PM PDT

[1.0] Food poisoning now causes colonists to become bed-ridden for a while ��

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:53 PM PDT

My first successful colony. What do you guys think?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:24 AM PDT

The girls were getting real deep the other day (Rimworld 1.0)

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 06:18 PM PDT

Rimworld - Some mods and tricks to speed up the game and reduce lategame lag / Increase FPS

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 01:25 AM PDT

Hoy. Here are some preformance increasing mods and tricks to speed up the game and reduce late-game lag and raise your FPS. I felt the Reddit community needed a tutorial in case a member did not frequent the ludeon forums or knew about it. 

SWITCHING PROCESSING CORE


PREFORMANCE INCREASING MODS

[B18] Make War Not Love

[B18] Rot Tick Fix

[A17] Manhunter Fix

[B18] Idle Fix

[B18] Tick MultiThread


Installation instructions


Other mods

[B18] RuntimeGC A fantastic mod that helps you sort out lategame lag and prolong the inevitable. it works like a thrash bin that removes data that only clutters up the game.


  • Step 1 - Login to Steam Workshop either via the steam client or the webbased version

  • Step 2 - Find RuntimeGC and hit that subscribe button.

  • Step 3 - Identical to previous step 5


Do you know any other way to help increase the lategame slowdown?

submitted by /u/Very_Svensk
[link] [comments]

My chef passed out getting high with the flu, and that night a statue was made of his mistake

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 08:56 AM PDT

Food poisoning too annoying?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:15 PM PDT

I decided to try a tribal start for my first game this new update. I've got 7 tribe members now, food is abundant, and research and crafts are flowing. However, I get at least 1 case of food poisoning a day. This causes the tribe member to go comatose and drop their weapon, which is incredibly annoying.

The floors of my food storage space are wooden, and I have 3 tribe members set to highest priority clean. If there's a spot of dirt in my tribe, it's gone within 2-3 hours. Am I missing something important here or is the new food poison mechanic just a huge pain in the ass?

submitted by /u/CattBooty
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.