RimWorld Tame Failed


Tame Failed

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 09:20 PM PDT

Rimworld - Cinematic Trailer (Fan Made) I'm Back!

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 10:22 AM PDT

Hi All,

A few years ago I created a trailer for Rimworld. It was a labor of love both for my craft and for the game.

It was created at the pinnacle of my ability shortly after university nearly three years ago now, so I've decided to re-visit the project with the skills I've learned on my journey so far. (maybe check out the old one if you missed it to see how I've progressed)

I apologize for the lack of feedback the last time I posted here, Reddit goes over my head a little but thank you for the overwhelming support you gave me last time.

Anyway here's my latest re-telling of the events that unfold before you hit play, I hope you enjoy my film and share with the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmv3igLNA4k

Lastly Congratulations to Ludeon studios for the continued success!

- Conor

submitted by /u/WolfHill
[link] [comments]

Well that happened...

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 05:03 AM PDT

For 1.0 I finally decided to do something besides "huge square with smaller squares inside." Please ignore the wolfpack.

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 08:39 PM PDT

uh oh.

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 06:34 PM PDT

Why cant i treat people who refuse to haul or do stupid labor?

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 02:47 PM PDT

My 3rd ever colony (not shown, the second geothermal generator) 15 years in and counting.

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 06:55 PM PDT

How is my colony so far?

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 09:16 PM PDT

Some men just want to watch raider baked.

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 12:00 PM PDT

List of Mods made obsolete by 1.0

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 05:45 AM PDT

Keep in mind that some of these mods still do better/more than the features that'll be added into the 1.0. This list is mainly for those that like keeping the least amount of mods installed and don't want to have redundant mods, better or not.

  • Hand Me That Brick - Make Haulers deliver resources to blueprints and construction frames. (NOTE: This mod has been updated to the 1.0 release and has additional features.)
  • Bridgello - You can build bridges on rivers, marsh and shallow water.
  • Animal Tab - Adds extra functionality to the Animals tab.
  • Wildlife Tab - Adds a new tab that conveniently lists all wild animals.
  • Allow Tool - Easily forbid and unforbid items. (NOTE: Despite it's name, this mod has more features to it, some very useful. Worth checking into post 1.0.)
  • Smooth Stone Walls - Allows you to smooth natural stone walls.
  • Stack Merger - Adds a low-priority hauling job that makes your haulers merge stacks in your stockpiles.
  • Butchering Spot - Identical in function to the Butchering Table; it costs no resources to make, but at a speed penalty.
  • Cooks Can Refuel - Allows cooks to refuel food production workstations.
  • Better Workshop Management - QoL mod that improves the workbench interface to help fine tune and reduce micromanagement of your production.
  • I Can Fix It! - Destroyed buildings will now leave behind a construction ghost, meaning that your builders will automatically rebuild things once they get a chance.
  • Snowy Trees - Makes plants snowy when they are covered by snow.
  • Lush Meadow - Vegetation growing all over the map.
  • While You're Up - Before starting most jobs, colonists will look for nearby objects that need to be hauled someplace near wherever they're already going.
  • Aim Incendiary Anywhere - Aim Incendiary Anywhere allows you to manually aim the incendiary launcher, just like what can be done with Molotov cocktails.
  • Better Chain Shotgun - Makes the chain shotgun a more feasible option by making it considerably more accurate and increasing its range to match that of hand grenades.
  • Parasite Tends Matter! - Makes it so that tend quality for muscle parasites and gut worms matters.
  • Plant Cutting is for Growers! - Makes it so that 'Growing' shows as the relevant skill for the job 'Plant Cutting' in the work tab.
  • Tropical Foraging - Adds forage-able plants in tropical climates.
  • DoubleSleepingSpot - Adds a double sleeping spot so that colonists can sleep together on the floor.
  • Miniaturisation - Enables core game mechanics of miniaturization for more than just furniture.
  • Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - Aims to enrich the bionics and surgery game play as much as possible without being intrusive to the vanilla experience.
  • Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering - Features all kinds of prostheses and bionic parts, bone repairs and scar healing surgeries.
  • Number 22 with Rice - Defaults the Hydroponics Basin to Rice.
  • Sun Tzu Raider Tactics - Raiders will split up to try and flank you. No longer will they be hapless idiots. They'll have improved AI and better decision making for a fun challenge.
  • Minigun Handling Techniques - Aim the mini gun wherever you please. Target not required.
  • How Much Longer, My Muse? - Shows expiration timer on inspiration.
  • Just Ignore Me Passing - Makes it so that construction isn't any longer interrupted by pawns passing through the blueprint/unfinished thing that is under construction.
  • AllowDeadMansApparel - The opposite of the 'Allow non-dead man's apparel' filter for stockpiles and workbenches.
  • Patchwork Leather - Allows crafters to combine different types of leather (including animal skins, hides etc.) into patchwork leather.
  • PermaDeathNameFixer - Saving while playing on permadeath, the game will now save the name to your colony's name, instead of numbers.
  • Stuffed Floors - Allows building floors out of stuff.
  • Better Rewards - Will give you more rewards for destroying bandit camps and will scale the difficulty of outposts with time and the difficulty level.
  • Efficient Light - Lowers power consumption of standing lamp from 75 to 25.

If you see anything that should be added, let me know and I'll throw it on the list. Thanks.

submitted by /u/TravellingTrenton
[link] [comments]

How do i commit mass genocide?

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 10:14 PM PDT

Im tired of gunning them down using simple tactics, spawning them inside a building and starting a fire there.

I havent tried doing hats out them though.

submitted by /u/Burtek5
[link] [comments]

1.0 is Lovely

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 08:36 AM PDT

A different Rimworld-inspired cinematic trailer (fan-made)

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 02:23 PM PDT

Hi all

I just saw this awesome trailer (https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/8uux1h/rimworld_cinematic_trailer_fan_made_im_back/) and wanted to show you a very rough edit I put together a couple of days ago. I made it as a draft project and wasn't fully happy with it but I thought I'd show it to you guys anyway.

I've just finished an 80,000 word sci-fi novel heavily inspired by Rimworld and it's currently going through its final edit. Rimworld helped me through a lot of difficult times and writing a love-letter to it in the form of an action-packed sci-fi adventure was a great challenge for me. I've always wanted to write a novel and it has been the most rewarding AND challenging thing I've ever done.

Anyway, here's the trailer:

https://youtu.be/xRs4dr4z2NA

submitted by /u/MarcJWriter
[link] [comments]

4 man production room design with storage and bedrooms

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 06:06 PM PDT

Rate my first base of "The Noobs" (140 played hours after tutorial)

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 10:22 AM PDT

Uh okay, Tomoni.

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 04:32 PM PDT

Caught these two cuddling

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 03:25 PM PDT

I should put a bed in that room to help my depressed colonists :)

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 02:01 PM PDT

Cooking mod?

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 06:22 PM PDT

As cooking is pointless past level 10, I was wondering if there was a mod that added quality to the meals prepared, which could change either the nutrition or the mood boost.

This could also be an incentive for the nutrient paste early game if your cooks are bad and your simple meals give -2 mood anyways (although I'm generally feeding people with berries when I don't have a cook, but that's not the question)

submitted by /u/DoigteurFou
[link] [comments]

Make up your mind Steve.

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 01:39 AM PDT

Make carvans come at bad temperatures

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 01:38 AM PDT

How can I call trade care and even if the temperature is bad. I think this happened because I trapped them in a box and killed them by reducing the heat to -200°C :p. If there isn't a mod or anything I can do, I heard you can edit the code to make them come at different temperatures.

submitted by /u/poptudor
[link] [comments]

Do you lose heat/cold through your roof?

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 09:46 PM PDT

I'm playing sea ice biome and I'm finally filling out into a base, not a tiny hut crammed with hydroponics.

When I reach the limit of the base size that I want, I will probably have 3x or 4x walls to save the heat while also acting as protection.

But will my center rooms, surrounded by several layers or warm rooms, be subject to heat loss through the roof?

Additional random questions I just thought of:

  • How many layers of wall is too many? Likely dependent on room size, is there a formula on the wiki?

  • Is there a mod for stronger roofs? Both to save heat as questioned in the OP, and to prevent raids from dropping into the middle of your base?

submitted by /u/MuphynManIV
[link] [comments]

I went to talk to a friend for 5 mins...

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 12:48 AM PDT

Do tribal raids in 1.0 (non sapper) avoid killboxes now?

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 12:34 PM PDT

I am a few seasons into a Rough Cassandra run and i had a wall around my base with an opening at the top lined with traps. I have been raided about three times in a row by Tribal people and each time only one or two of them went for my killbox, the rest randomly split up around the compounds walls, attacking seemingly random chunks of wall to get in.

The raids were not identified as sappers or as "unusually clever in their tactics". Just normal, like 6 man tribesmen raids.

Is this usual now for 1.0?

Edit: typos

submitted by /u/PsyGuy99
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.