PUBG PC Players: The issue which was sometimes causing vehicles to lift off the ground and spin rapidly has been resolved.


PC Players: The issue which was sometimes causing vehicles to lift off the ground and spin rapidly has been resolved.

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 10:25 PM PDT

PC 1.0 Update #15

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 07:02 AM PDT

When you don't reload your gun all the way

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 01:53 PM PDT

Long List of Quality of Life improvements to help PUBG feel more polished

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 09:26 PM PDT

Below is a list of QOL improvements. This is not about requesting new features(such as a training range) and there are no balance suggestions, but rather about refining what we currently have to match industry standards and meet the minimum expectations that nearly all other shooter games follow which would allow pubg to play more smoothly, intuitively, and be more user friendly without dumbing the game down at all - which is one of the most important things I'm considering when making this list. Unfortunately, I often find myself fighting the game itself instead of my opponents, due to clunky controls or mechanics, and this list is my attempt to solve some of those problems without affecting balance or the feel of the game at all.

Controls, Settings, UI:

  1. Action Queuing. This would apply to both Shooting, Shoulder aiming, and aiming down sights actions, as well as vaulting or other actions. For those who don't know, this would force the Aim/Shoot animation as soon as your character is able if you are holding(for push to hold users) or after you click(for toggle) during an animation that does not allow these actions. Currently, if you reload, jump, vault, swap weapons, heal, cancel item use, open a door, or do any other animation that prevents ADS or shooting, and attempt to do so, your character will do nothing, even if you give the correct input. Instead, you are forced to wait for the animation to finish(which does not always line up well) before giving your input. If I am near the reload animation finish, and right click to ADS, my character should ADS as soon as the animation is allowed without having to re-click it.

  2. Add a one foot vertical drop grace period which will not kick your character out of ADS/Shoulder aim. There is some rough terrain which will kick you out of this state(especially noticeable on Sanhok). Jumping would not receive this grace period.

  3. When the server repositions your client(aka, rubber-banding), remember the aiming state and do not break it. Currently, if you rubber band, you lose your ADS/Shoulder aim, which can very easily get you killed. These 3 changes combined will solve all of the "ADS" bugs people experience.

  4. Break up the Post-Processing and Effects settings into their individual settings. This allows users much more flexibility in choosing their graphics settings. Users should be able to seperately set motion blur, dof,sharpness, ambient occlusion, lense flare, bloom, and all these other settings, instead of having them bundled under post processing alone. Same can be applied to Effects and other settings.

  5. Allow users to see their ping and incoming/outgoing packets to the server. There are already tools which allow for this, but this is a basic and important feature that should be included in any multiplayer game, particularly shooters.

  6. Give us the same icons that other major developers use for showcasing connection problems. These have become industry standard in the last few years and it helps both the players AND the developers immensely.

  7. Give the user visual feedback when the barrel is blocked by a wall, ground, or other object and the user is aiming down sights or shoulder aiming. Should be very un-obtrusive.

  8. Show everything in the kill feed. This is one of the most infuriating things - you have literally no idea how many you KO'd during a squad fight if you kill them in quick succession(ex, a grenade). It's literally impossible to tell. Fix this by showing your knocks/kills in the killfeed as well as your squads. Applies to all game modes.

  9. Allow us to vault over Mirimar railings (example, red casino buildings in Pecado's stair railings cannot be vaulted over). Allow us to vault mid-air if we jump.

  10. Do a pass on the kar98, nagant revolver, and double barrel reloading animations. Other guns were fixed, however, these 2 still have reload animations which do not line up with what is happening visually.

Items and Inventory Management:

  1. Ability to "lock" equipment slots - ex, prevent pistol/xbow from receiving a scope/reflex sight.

  2. Add canted sights to DMRs and ARs, by default, as an extra attachment slot. This slot can fit RDS only. It's default would be canted ironsights, with a canted red dot if it's equipped. Allow swapping between the canted sight and your top rail sight via a hotkey.

  3. On Lootboxes - right clicking fills inventory, similar to if item stack is on ground. Currently, right clicking a lootbox will not "fill" your inventory - instead, you have to pickup 1 item, the rest will fall on the ground, then you have to right click them to fill. This is obviously very clunky and unintuitive.

  4. If a user drag an attachment onto a weapon, but there is no space in the inventory, drop the old attachment on the ground and equip the new attachment. Especially noticeable when you are attempting to attach an extended magazine over a quickdraw, or swap grips.

  5. Allow compatible attachments to attach to a new gun. If I drag a gun into my inventory over another gun(ex, swapping an M4 into my slot 1 which is occupied by a scar) auto-equip all valid attachments to the M4 and equip it. It would still need to be reloaded.

  6. When a weapon with attachments is dropped, allow the attachments to be viewable, but "attached" to the gun. User should be able to pickup the weapon(along with all its attachments) or simply pickup a single attachment off the weapon.

Misc:

  1. Sound an airhorn or other sound when the circle starts closing, or at the 15 second mark.

  2. Please address the LoD models. Trees are mis-aligned, houses appear as "clay", and certain objects do not render at all beyond ~50 meters, but still block bullets.

  3. Until limb penetration feature is added, alter the hand hitbox to take the same amount of damage as the forearm hitbox.

Shotguns:

  1. Rework shotguns.Yea, I said it. The way they are programmed makes them incredibly counter intuitive and beyond frustrating to use and is the the reason they are so incredibly inconsistant.. The crosshair should show the spread, not show the possible center of origin for the spread.

Feel free to add any I missed below. I'm sure not everyone will see eye to eye on all of these, but I hope this will at least generate some discussion.

submitted by /u/TheGreatWalk
[link] [comments]

CheckPoint 312 - The most reasonable report on the PUBG lawsuit that I've seen to date.

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 05:54 AM PDT

13.4 GB update to Test Server Client! Sanhok most likely

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 03:54 AM PDT

Sick 3K with an AKM in a 1v3

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 04:07 AM PDT

Flanked Chicken

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 07:30 PM PDT

this picture will give u nightmares

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 03:48 AM PDT

New Loading Screen + Tips!

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 08:37 AM PDT

Can we please keep the FFP OCE conversation alive.

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 04:55 AM PDT

It's currently 10 Pm and Solo FFP OCE games do not pop. I want to continue playing PUBG, but it's impossible when you literally cannot get games.

submitted by /u/Aigninn
[link] [comments]

Brendon greene has embraced the meme!

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 09:04 AM PDT

Who else is really looking forward to playing Sanhok?

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 03:32 AM PDT

I'm pretty much fed up with all the negativity on this sub (even if I understand most of the frustration), so who is looking forward to playing the new map all weekend long?

submitted by /u/KevitoMG
[link] [comments]

The Squad Wip that Started With a Kar98k Bait (1:04)

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 08:54 AM PDT

Announcing a Big Milestone + Our First Ever Steam Sale

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 10:05 AM PDT

What's the point of exotic locations in a map (islands on miramar, extremities of a map) if it has poor loot and there's no car/boat available near?

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 01:13 AM PDT

Every single time I've dropped on a disconnected (no bridge) island in miramar, there's hasn't been a single boat in any of the fucking spawns.

submitted by /u/Gear5th
[link] [comments]

Flick shot of my life

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 04:01 AM PDT

Break's Easy Win

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 05:11 AM PDT

Why do people hate Miramar so much? I just don't get it.

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 08:56 AM PDT

Any time I ever see someone whine about Miramar it's never even really a good reason. Like, all their complaints are just as prevalent on Erangel (more or less in some cases) as well.

I just don't get it. I mean, I understand people have preferences, but the complaints are so surface level or just a non-complaint. I personally enjoy both maps, Miramar a little more over all, and enjoy Sanhok too (when I played in the tests).

What is so bad about?

submitted by /u/Trotski7
[link] [comments]

Why cant we have 1-man duo?

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 07:01 AM PDT

Fed up of having to go into pubs to win a duo and getting tk'd or stuck with someone who shouts chinese at me.

submitted by /u/electricp0ww0w
[link] [comments]

Anyone else gets blinded by the sun at Miramar?

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 02:57 AM PDT

How do I fix this via graphics options? I just lost a game because I was blinded by the sun, the last guy was 15m in front of me on top of a hill totally skylining and I was near the bottom. So I had to look way up but I could only barely see his shadow because of the sun and I was too slow to react. I felt confident because I should have the advantage in that situation due to his skylining/silhouetting on top of a hill but the sun totally blinded me.

Anyone know how to fix these godray issues?

EDIT: Apparently -sm4 in the launch options gets rid of the godrays, for those who find them annoying.

submitted by /u/Kai-Tek
[link] [comments]

When you just dropped and see a naked running away with an AK-47 (6ix9ine)

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 11:23 AM PDT

Why can't we do this?

Posted: 18 Jun 2018 05:00 PM PDT

FPS are still horrible on Sanhok

Posted: 19 Jun 2018 08:36 AM PDT

On top of that playing on the test is laggy as fuck - I hope that doesnt carry over to live.

submitted by /u/Adrenalinez
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.