Pokémon GO - MRW I've gotten spoiled playing in my massive university city and now I'm alone back in my small, rural hometown.


MRW I've gotten spoiled playing in my massive university city and now I'm alone back in my small, rural hometown.

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 04:03 PM PDT

Please don't tolerate bullying and stalking in your communities

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 09:34 AM PDT

Today members of our local raid community were banned from our community forum. The moderator team found out that a group of people had been following another player around late at night, to the point that they were crying. The people doing the following actually tried to explain their behavior as "punishing" the other player for telling someone to F-off at a raid previously.

I'm not a lawyer, but most places, this would be defined as stalking.

If players are doing this to you, call the police. More than one pokemon go community has reported explosive confrontations, including incidents of vandalism and violence. Report these players to Niantic. We know Niantic isn't terribly responsive to such complaints, but if a police report/conviction are available, Niantic would be hard pressed to ignore the matter.

Community leaders: Do not tolerate this behavior. Our local community has had specific rules against bullying and harassment since the inception of raiding. If we're to enjoy this game, we need to make sure that everyone playing feels safe.

When raiding released, our community went through a major reformation. The tone changed from team conflict, to collaborative play. Dozens of players started showing up, who had never participated in the community before due to the spiteful team based play. At least 2 people new to the area made large groups of friends who they hang out with daily, and mostly outside of the game. Parents bring their kids to raids to catch the big pokemon because we include everyone we can. Visitors to our town regularly compliment our group on being so welcoming, organized, educational, and fun! We're teachers, nurses, middle/high school students, grand parents, bikers, bakers, stoners, church goers, and more. We all respect each other, and enjoy pokemon go.

Honestly, the enormous success of our community makes me a bit emotional. Protect and nurture your communities, and don't allow these people to destroy the opportunity for your community to grow and thrive. You don't have to like everyone, but you can respect everyone.

submitted by /u/RalphWolfsNemesis
[link] [comments]

Make sure to pop a lucky egg before upgrading friends' status

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 11:20 PM PDT

Upgraded my first friend from "Good Friend" to "Great Friend" and that gives you 10k xp, without an egg.
I'd imagine the higher friend statuses give even more.
edit: since this is getting a ton of views, i'll add this from the sidebar for if you guys need friends :)
r/pokemongotrades

submitted by /u/GreekNord
[link] [comments]

I found this cute Pikachu’s family

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 04:58 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/gallery/DksnHZ1

I returned to play after a while and that's what I found in a team yellow gym.

submitted by /u/crios92
[link] [comments]

Niantic shows off a stunning AR demo that lets Pikachu hide behind real-world objects - The Verge

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 10:37 AM PDT

Wait, where was this egg from again?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 11:34 AM PDT

I have a few friends who travel for work and this has been the most/least precise egg I've received so far.

Singawhere?

submitted by /u/SirBiccy
[link] [comments]

help? Dad of the year here - messed up my daughters account - looking for guidance.

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 10:32 AM PDT

Please forgive my ignorance, simple dad here , Guidance appreciated - *TL:DR Created child account for my 13 year old daughter a year ago and set her age as 5 years old by mistake (mixed up date of birth and year of birth), looking to talk to someone at Niantic - email has been no help. *

Just like it says, messed up when I set up my daughters account. My wife and I both have accounts that my daughter used extensively until she got her own phone last year. Fun quality time with my daughter, who isn't the most social individual. Now the three of us go out regularly (I'm a pokemon newbie) and play. She has been quite excited about the new updates when they were announced, so when they launched last week, we noticed her phone never updated. After digging, I came to the horrific realization that her child account (under mine) had a messed up date. Somehow I set her up as 5 (I got the date of birth and year of birth mixed up.)

My daughter who is level 25 and has a ton of shiny pokemon was crushed. She can't trade or gift at all. It has completely ruined the fun we have together.

I reached out to Niantic via email, and they sent back an immediate response saying I am unable to change that, nothing they can do. They have not responded further, despite asking.

I know there is likely nothing that can be done, shy of starting over, but my daughter spent so much time colllecting and doing research and all of that, she doesn't want to start over due to my mistake. I offered to put my account on her phone and switch with her, but it is "not the same." We went from hiking/pokemongo playing 3 times a week to none at all.

Anyway, I appreciate you reading. This 43 year old dad, who knew nothing of pokemon until we started doing this together when the app launched, has now kind of really damaged the one fun thing he and his daughter do together.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. My apologies if this is formatted incorrectly or if I am breaking any rules/guidelines here.

Thanks

submitted by /u/flappymcnutty
[link] [comments]

Our awesome community defeated a Mewtwo with an Army of Alolan Raticate

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 12:20 PM PDT

https://youtu.be/67a-6ydUB-U

A few of us jokingly suggested using an Alolan Raticate army and everyone enthusiastically came onboard with the idea! Trainers farmed up a mini army of these fat little rats, even going so far as to use TMs and stardust to power them up. A lot of laughter was shared by everyone who took part and it was definitely one of the most fun raids ever we've ever had!

submitted by /u/tensfredz
[link] [comments]

Niantic should give us alola form dex entries,

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 05:42 AM PDT

It doesn't make sense that when viewing alolan sandshrew for example when it says that it's skin absorbs water in arid places.

submitted by /u/Frazzle64
[link] [comments]

Should leftover Premier balls get turned into Pokeballs?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 02:27 PM PDT

I always wondered why they didn't. It wouldn't hurt to get the leftover pokeballs for raiders that don't have many Pokestops.

submitted by /u/effinmj
[link] [comments]

Zoo's should either let me catch or "see" regional pokemon.

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 07:25 AM PDT

When I go see kangaroo's at the zoo, why can't I catch a kangaskhan. Maybe even just "see it" so it's now a shadow in my pokedex.

submitted by /u/mojo276
[link] [comments]

[BUG] "Error 0" resets friend EXP for the day so collecting a gift will not increase friendship for that day.

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 09:25 AM PDT

Not known if this is a known bug but when I tried to collect some of my gifts today I realized that without the "error 0" message my friend exp progress would go up. When the error message popped up, the progress would not go up and I would get another notification in game saying my friend and I had just became "good friends." So I think the "error 0" actually affects friendship exp. Way to fix this is simply reseting the game and the error will not pop up until "x amount" of gift collections. If you want to be safe and ensure friendship progress, would be wise to reset the game every 5-10 gift collections.

submitted by /u/smallboy6969
[link] [comments]

BrandonTan dumped 20K rare candies to his MewTwo, and he got 60 million stardust, OMG!

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 08:36 PM PDT

So.Much.This! WAFU!

Im L40 but I feel so insignificant with his achievement, he is a hell of grinder on raids. WAFU anyone?

submitted by /u/singachu
[link] [comments]

‘Pokemon GO’ Creator Niantic Is Opening Its AR Platform To Third-Party Developers

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 02:38 PM PDT

Got mugged today, beware of gangs trainers...

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 10:09 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/gallery/rd5obJ5

Got jumped by this lot today, very scary. Sydney's being overrun. Stay safe trainers.

Gangaskhan

submitted by /u/redrich2000
[link] [comments]

Stardust discount only applies when friendship levels are mutual

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 11:44 AM PDT

If account A has two hearts with account B, but account B is still two days away from 2 hearts with account A (due to the friendship issue), neither sees a stardust discount when trading.

Update: it seems that the Pokemon selection has to be in a specific order to avoid this issue.

As explained in this comment, the person that shows the lower friendship should select their Pokemon for trade first (including clicking through Next to the "Waiting for friend to select..." screen before the other player selects theirs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/8ul2il/friendship_bugs_trade_cost_can_change_depending/e1g96xc?utm_source=reddit-android

submitted by /u/whyrll
[link] [comments]

[Idea] Friends Tab Redesign suggestion

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 11:23 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/a/qqYQRhG

Long time (secret) reader and first time poster. Read a few feedback points about the new friends page and made a design for this. So what do you think? Few notes:

  • Three grid - Same as the pokemon page for more overview for your friends.
  • Friend point check - Green marker will indicates which friends you did a raid/gym battle or send a gift for that day.
  • Gift visual - You got a new gift
  • Filter - Same as the pokemon overview page (recent, unopend gift, favorite and best friend ratio)
  • Search - For finding that special friend that you have
submitted by /u/PixelSwindler
[link] [comments]

16 Hours from now at 6 pm local time, there will be a huge community meet and greet in Dortmund!

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 05:17 PM PDT

Friday at 18:00 o'clock local time the large community meetup of trainers from all over Europe will happen in Westpark! Join us for the biggest Pokemon Go Community meetup to Raid, Trade and get to know each other just before the event starts!

This is a gesture from Dortmund/German trainers who want to welcome our guests!

Location: https://www.google.com/maps?q=51.509275,7.448664&hl=de-DE&gl=de&shorturl=1 Please note this is NOT Westfalenpark but Westpark, which is also near the citycenter of Dortmund.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

submitted by /u/Hurricane212
[link] [comments]

[Other] PSA: Empty egg slots? Want Alolan eggs? Keep your bag full

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 12:39 PM PDT

Some players are trying to collect as many Alolan hatches as possible. Whether that's so they can hatch them all at the same time to maximize stardust with a Star Piece, or whether they're trying to collect as many points towards their Pilot badge via their new international friends.

The end result is that they don't want to risk filling up an egg slot with a non-Alolan egg before they can open any more gifts after their 20-gift-limit was reached for the day.

It is extremely cumbersome to play like this, but if you constantly keep your Pokemon Bag full, then you can't get a new egg. (Which means that before trying to catch anything, you must first delete something else).

And so you can still at least spin all 100 of your daily gifts to ship off across the world, or keep filling up your items inventory.

submitted by /u/The_Possum
[link] [comments]

Niantic support communicated to me that the minimum age for friends/trading is a problem they are working on resolving

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 08:42 AM PDT

After initially receiving a boilerplate response from support, and replying that I was dismayed at having received a canned response, they sent me more information that confirms they are working on a solution for the friends/trading issue for younger players, but he was not authorized to give me any more details than this:

I being a high-level Trainer myself is extremely enthusiastic about Pokémon GO. As like most players, I have been counting on the day, Trading is going to be released so that we can actually enjoy with our friends.

I completely understand that you are disappointed regarding your child not able to be a part of this amazing feature but all I am authorized to tell you at this moment is, "Don't lose hope, be patient". Niantic cares about players from all age groups and they will surely find a way to resolve this problem as our motto is to spread love and have fun through Pokémon GO.

Please try to understand our limitations as we don't have any means to comment on the specifics of future features.

submitted by /u/happinessiseasy
[link] [comments]

Request for added Friends features

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 09:28 PM PDT

Can we have notes for friends? I don't always remember user names and I would like to have something to say how I know this person.

Also a chat feature would be nice.

submitted by /u/Jaganashi0007
[link] [comments]

What I hope most from Gen 4: more immersive biomes

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 07:42 AM PDT

Just before the first PoGo Fest, my girl and I traveled to Cleveland. It was filled with psychic and fairy Pokemon, it was quite a sight as our hometown was just grass/water Pokemon. Rarely did any ice, psychic or fairy use to spawn in my home town but the great lakes were a magnet for Lapras & other high demand Pokemon at the time. We went back and now it's just whatever stupid event is going on instead of a local "common" Pokemon type or species. I don't see the point of traveling anymore due to these more recent changes to spawns.

Now I feel that explorer experience is largely lost on current players due to how spawns are being skewed towards the lengthy "themes" lasting weeks and other gimmicks I feel heavily detract from what I found awesome about PoGo in the first place: finding neat spots around town where only certain Pokemon spawned. It felt special while the cycling through Pokemon types has been such a drag for me to play. I just get bored seeing a million Wailmers instead of biome accurate Pokemon.

I say this with exception to the weather update, as it's a great way to shift biomes. Yet what I miss is all the data crunching to find high elevation Dragonite spawns & sorting through maps to find where the local rivers were to find water type & dratinis. I get people want an opportunity to catch all the Pokemon easily no matter their native biome and there should always be a rare spawn of non-biome Pokemon... But still, we should be seeing more rich biomes with all the new Gens but instead it seems like the opposite.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/stabbyclaus
[link] [comments]

Is friendship days counted bugged?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 07:28 PM PDT

My girlfriend and I play together, and we gift each other, at the same time to each other, in order to get the friendship bonus up. On her account it says that she is great friends with me, but on mine it says that I need 4 days to be great friends with her. Yesterday it also said I needed 4 days. Today she gifted me, and I gifted her, and it did not reduce it to 3 days. Am I missing something or is this bugged?

submitted by /u/Ddlutz
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.