Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 11:36 AM PDT

Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Reminder about "Home Gyms"

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 10:12 AM PDT

There's no such thing. You don't 'own' any gyms. It's a game.

Guy spit in my face and tried to fight me yesterday after flashing a flashlight in my face because I took 'his gym.'

This is the most toxic attitude in this game and I'm sure many others have similar experiences.

submitted by /u/JustTray
[link] [comments]

[Idea] -- Winner's Priority should actually go to the player that did the most fighting, instead of the person jumping in for the last fight

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 09:14 AM PDT

Scenario: Fighting down a Valor Gym from full motivation on all the mons for 10 minutes. As soon as I'm on the very last Pokemon, the very last round, I see the "2" under the timer. A second player joined the last battle out of 18. Turns out they're Mystic. I'm Instinct.

Because their phone is a little faster than mine, they get to drop in the gym. I don't get to put in my defender at all. And I was using a defender at the top of my pokemon list, so it was literally as fast as I could go. And I don't even have enough time before the raid egg hatches on it to fight them down, assuming they don't berry, and 5 other Mystics don't drop in by driving by. (There were actually 3 in the gym before the raid egg hatched.)

I should have winner's priority for winning 18 battles over them winning 1.

submitted by /u/Exaskryz
[link] [comments]

Please Niantic increase the amount of gifts we can hold onto five is just way to small of an amount

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 12:29 PM PDT

I know players are probably annoyed and have written about this but it's really annoying how little you can hold gifts in your inventory. I mean really they should update the amount of gifts we can hold. It would be different if gifts were a common item that dropped almost every time you spun a pokestop. Now it feels like they decreased the drop rate of gifts a little. I don't know I know there should be a limit to how many give you can send but come on 5 gifts with a friends list up to 200 people is a bit ridiculous. Especially with this glitch going on that is screwing up with everyone trying to increase their friendship level with others that isn't getting credit.

submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
[link] [comments]

[Idea] Make Eevee a 50 candy evolution but let us decide who it evolves into

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 07:27 AM PDT

I'm in dire need of some good Vaporeons as I keep on getting Jolteon and Flareon. The 25 candy evolution is nice but personally I'd rather pay some more candies if it means I can decide which eeveelution comes out. There should be additional requirements for the ones other than Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon however, like in the main series games. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Prick_Astley
[link] [comments]

Shouldn't you earn friendship level by actually walking next to the person, catching the same pokemons and spinning same stops?

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 01:19 AM PDT

Seems logical no? Its weird to have same friendship level with my friend, who i play daily with, and with some random dude on the other side of the world.

submitted by /u/Maty97CZ
[link] [comments]

Instead of focusing on nerfing items, how about fixing the friendship? It's still bugged

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 07:18 PM PDT

Still bugged, only works sometimes with the main person I play with. It would be one thing if they didn't put their focus on nerfing something that works, fix what's broken ffs

submitted by /u/ubermicrox
[link] [comments]

Gift nerf?

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 12:33 PM PDT

I was getting 10 pinap, 5-10 great balls, 5-10 ultra balls. I opened last 2 eggs and got 1 max revive 1 ultra ball, then 1 ultra and 1 max potion. Anyone else seeing this?

submitted by /u/jazj29
[link] [comments]

Anyone else in experiencing increased rates of evolved Pokémon in the wild?

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 07:46 AM PDT

I was watching this now for some days, and I am pretty sure the rate increased. Everytime I look at the close-by list, I see at least 1-2 stage 2 or 3 Pokémon . I don't know if it is as recognisable for city players, but as a rural player you really feel it.

(I just want to confirm if others recognised this too, because I had to fight with a close-by list bug yesterday that showed me a ghost Jolteon. Everytime I came close to the point where it should be, it vanished, and when I walked away, it reappeared on the close-by list, lol.)

submitted by /u/LaNoir_aka_Blacky
[link] [comments]

[Pokemon GO] Get ready for a new set of Field Research tasks and rewards, Trainers! July research tasks will be featuring some familiar Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region.

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 01:32 PM PDT

Was the number of items from gifts reduced?

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 11:00 AM PDT

Before you got like 5 times more items. Now you get 1Ultra Ball, 2 Great Balls, 1Max Potion, 2 Pinap Berries.

submitted by /u/DoDoSt
[link] [comments]

[Idea] Please let there be a few raids at night!

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 02:10 PM PDT

I really like to go outside and play Pokemon GO at night. It's beautiful and quiet at night, not many cars to care about, and less people walking about. I can just chill out and play for as long as I want.

But since I mostly play late evening/night, I can't really take part in raids, as there are none after around 21:00 or so. :(

submitted by /u/ForeverLesbos
[link] [comments]

I attempted to take an AR picture of every water type during Water Festival!

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 01:02 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/gallery/QWikniS

I missed a few like Sharpedo, Gyarados and a few others simply because i could not find them in the wild. But yeah! This is my 2 weeks worth of almost every water type in an AR+ picture collage! Enjoy!

submitted by /u/team_aqua_
[link] [comments]

Nerfed Gifts

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 04:59 PM PDT

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/25/pokemon-go-gift-rewards-nerf/

As a rural player, this hits me pretty hard. It was already frustrating passing up pokemon because I can count with my fingers how many pokeballs I have. The gifting system changed that and I finally had a bag full of stuff but I noticed this morning that the gifts had a lot less in them.

On top of which, now that they nerfed the max gift inventory slots, I can't load up when I go to into the city which means I can't gift as much!

Anyone else feeling the burn of the nerfed gift packages and nerfed max gift inventory slots?

submitted by /u/SleepyGrint
[link] [comments]

No love for Canada

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 08:36 PM PDT

So many events around the world including China and America and Germany, even in the main series events, never any love for the true north. Not complaining or anything, just feeling like it's a missed opportunity. Not enough pokemon up here!

submitted by /u/QKing97
[link] [comments]

My friend has been drawing some of our friends with their buddy Pokémon, here's mine!

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 07:21 PM PDT

My friend is a wonderful artist and had been drawing some of us with our buddy Pokémon. This one is mine!

submitted by /u/Eddieeddieo
[link] [comments]

[Complaint] 11 Alola Meowth in a row

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 03:47 PM PDT

Like the title said I got 11 Alola Meowth in a row... not a single Vulpix. This feels like money for incubators was thrown away. Really niantic it's the only Alola pokemon from the new eggs that I don't like :(

submitted by /u/JayJayCapone
[link] [comments]

[Art]Squirtle Squad print for next Community Day

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 04:42 PM PDT

I name all of my Pokémon Steve.

Posted: 24 Jun 2018 10:50 PM PDT

Exactly as the title says, all of my Pokémon since my first game (Blue on a GBA emulator) have been named Steve.

Specials ones get special spellings (first catch is Steeve, first legendary is Stev, my eevee/eeveelution is Steevee, and other special Pokémon get special versions of the name)

Am I the only person with a running meme like this? I can't be, with how many people play Pokémon.

Do I have a problem? Do you have any naming gags or things you always name certain Pokémon?

Edit: I'm on "Hot Posts" now. Hi, Reddit!

Edit2: here's an image gallery! https://imgur.com/a/ZIBf5bY enjoy Steve! And Steve. And Steve. And Steve.

Edit3: I caught the Pidgeotto as I went to take the screenshots. It has been transferred now.

submitted by /u/_Halcyon03
[link] [comments]

Gifts made me battle gyms again

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 03:34 AM PDT

I love the new update. Beside the fun with gifting people, collecting gifts, trading and new eggs - I can finally stock up on revives again without walking around for hours, and this makes me battle gyms again. I've totally given up on doing that because I hate to have dead Pokemon in my bag all the time... Anyone feels the same?

submitted by /u/1oel
[link] [comments]

[Idea] Swipe left or right to scroll through friends

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 09:25 AM PDT

Just like how we can view Pokemon by swiping, it'd be nice if we could do the same with our friend list. It makes it easier to send gifts this way. Would really like to see this small UI/QoL improvement.

submitted by /u/nootnoooooooot
[link] [comments]

[Question] Okay, someone please explain this to me, in salty.

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 08:51 PM PDT

I was just in a brutal gym battle, where a person was remote feeding golden razzberries for a solid 35 minutes. At the end of it all, he's tossed 33 berries in 35 minutes to a single blissey. Dude is in our raid chat totally calling me out talking smack, is he really able to do this?

submitted by /u/Darkgamer000
[link] [comments]

How common is spoofing still?

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 07:43 PM PDT

Just curious, I just came back to the game after a healthy break. I was clearing some gyms near my house today when I noticed a fight going on in the one I was walking up to. I waited for the person to clear it while I looked around but I was the only one there... They ended up being on the same team as me, so i was hoping to make a friend but no such luck... Basically the entire situation made me wonder if spoofing is still a thing.

submitted by /u/Ragingbananaz
[link] [comments]

Pleas allow dodge buttons in gyms/raids instead of swiping

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 04:50 PM PDT

As the title says. Maybe my phone or data connection is poor. Maybe the game doesn't read commands right, but I'm so unbelievably tired of losing raids or gym battles because when I swiped it was interpreted as an attack. Im tired of wasting raid passes, revives and other battle items that are so overwhelmingly scarce.

It's bad enough as a rural player I don't have access to top tier pokemon and legedaries without having to drive into a city, but when I do I then have to contend with things like this. For the love of all thats good, just two little button on either side of the screen for dodging please.

EDIT: I'm in an area with no reliable groups. I'm fairly certain I'm the only actual player in my village, as the other players who show in gyms are never in towns, and the gyms are usualyl taken back within a window of 10 minutes, so I think I'm basically just fighting groups of spoofers.

In raids, I pretty much just have to solo, and I can't access top tier pokemon reliably because Niantac refuses to let people outside cities enjoy the game.

submitted by /u/Toosdeys
[link] [comments]

Niantic wrecked gifting

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 05:15 PM PDT

Since today, the amount of items gained from gifts was significantly decreased. 10 Pinap berries got decreased to 1, Pokéballs and Healing Items got reduced from 5 to 1 per set. If you get 2 of an item, you got 2 sets of the same item.
It was clear that the function will get a nerf with all the happy faces posting here they finally have a full bag, but this seems a little(A LOT) too much.

Additional informations:
The amount of gifts you can carry reduced from 20 to 5 since start.
You can only open 20 gifts a day.
There seems to be no limit of gifts you can send out, but only one per day per friend. However, if the friend hasn't opened the gift the next day, no new gift can be send out, so no stacking possible.
It also seems like they reduced the actual item dropchance from stops, making it even harder to send out gifts.

With all those changes, gifting got pretty much obliterated. The only purpose now seems to get 7km alolan eggs and raise the friendship level. Have fun!

submitted by /u/LaNoir_aka_Blacky
[link] [comments]

Please let me add notes to my friends

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 01:44 AM PDT

The new friend feature is the best introduction since raids. That being said, I also think tho, that it has to be improved further.

I am now up at 18 friends and I'm already starting to be annoyed by nicknames. Adding more and more friends in the game, that may even use different nicknames in PoGo than in other games, I feel annoyed not knowing who's who.

Please let us just add notes to a nickname. This is a fundamental feature in most buddylists nowadays.

submitted by /u/nakaori_GSF
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.