Overwatch - Weekly Trash Talk Thread - June 25, 2018


Weekly Trash Talk Thread - June 25, 2018

Posted: 24 Jun 2018 10:08 PM PDT

HERE YOU CAN GET RID OF ALL YOUR ANGER AND HATE.

CAPS ON AND LET IT ALL OUT.

JUST GET YOUR THIRD LUCIO PLAYER ICON DUPLICATE? GETTING PERMANENTLY KILLED BY THE MOST OP CHARACTER IN THE GAME? THERE'S TOO MUCH JUSTICE THAT RAINS FROM ABOVE? THIS IS THE RIGHT THREAD!

PLEASE STILL BE CIVIL, AT LEAST A LITTLE!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Rolling through

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 05:00 PM PDT

I made D.Va in Unreal Engine 4!

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 07:56 AM PDT

Classic Overwatch

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 02:30 PM PDT

BROKENHARDT - Rein is dead. The Crusaders are not.

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 09:37 AM PDT

The Symmetra skin all Pharah players want (Artork by Jun Luo)

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 10:35 AM PDT

The Many Uses of Mei's Wall

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 06:02 AM PDT

We've got it wrong: JUNKER QUEEN will be the next hero - HAMMOND will come after...

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 12:46 PM PDT

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/c9CTtlV

I still believe Hammond will be the 8th new hero, Hero 29, whereas the next hero will be 'Wrecking Ball'.

1) If you didn't know, Blizzard have removed the Junker Queen voice lines from Junkertown in the latest patch. She used to speak to players when the payload reached the first gate, but this no longer happens. Wouldn't it be weird to have a playable character speaking within a map itself? Yes -- and that's why they've removed it, in preparation for her release.

2) Hammond is known as 'Specimen 8'. The upcoming hero will be the 7th new edition to the game (after Ana, Sombra, Orisa, Doomfist, Moira and Brigitte). Although conjecture, I think it's too much of a coincidence that the specimen numbers begin at #8 with Hammond; I strongly believe this has always been a teaser of Hammond being the 8th new hero, not the 7th.

3) The 'Calm before the storm...'/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/60139167/Bix8zik.0.png) teaser is far too in-your-face with the monkey in the centre. Junker Queen can be seen in the shadows on the right, which is a far more subtle tease. All of the past hero teasers were subtle - Blizzard enjoy trolling us, in the spirit of fun.

A bit of a side note:

I am 100% convinced that this teaser image is a look at the months to come (e.g. Junker Queen release, Hammond release, Lucio lore, updated Horizon map etc).

This theory has been discussed here before, but I don't think anybody has pointed out that there is a random safe padlocked on the street of this image. I believe this safe is metaphoric of the content Blizzard currently has locked away behind the scenes - when you think about it, there is no good reason for a safe to be out on the street, unless it has a significant meaning to the teaser image. Maybe it's even metaphoric of Junker Queen's huge vault of treasure?

submitted by /u/Taylonic
[link] [comments]

On this episode of "Please dont be POTG"

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 01:22 AM PDT

Not quite a storm... maybe thunder? �� [Michael Chu]

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 05:16 PM PDT

Lucio's Soundwave can't be used with 0 ammo

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 04:03 AM PDT

A few updates ago Lucio's Soundwave was changed, since it was the only skill that also consumed ammo. Now the skill doesn't consume ammo anymore, but it still cant be used, when the gun's ammo is at 0. I often want to use Soundwave as a way to push an enemy back after I fired my last shots, but it doesn't work and I have to reload first. For me this makes absolutely no sense. If a skill doesn't consume ammo, then it shouldn't need ammo to be activated. I added a bug report, lets hope it gets fixed. It's really annoying as a Lucio main.

submitted by /u/NitroX178
[link] [comments]

The first 3 seconds represents my Hanzo skill. The rest will never happen again.

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 02:25 AM PDT

Group hug!

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 09:01 AM PDT

[Speculation] Hero 28: Wrecking Ball - Champion of Junkertown

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 06:04 PM PDT

Now, I know everyone's currently caught up in the theory that the rolling ball from today's tease is Hammond's LC escape pod, but, I'd like to bring something else to the table some of you may not have considered...

On the Junkertown map, there's actually a poster denoting what looks like an Omnic-esque fighter known as Wrecking Ball, who's listed as their reigning champion - (https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/206120058466861056/460968992811515915/188px-Wrecking_Ball_poster.png?width=162&height=300)

Judging from the design, and the lights on the general torso area, I'd say there's some correspondence there with the rolling teaser object, and it'd certainly tie in with the Queen/anti-Omnic posters in the background, as well as the fact the Queen hasn't spoken on the Junker map for quite a while.

The teases for 28 have been pretty damn vague, but, following the unknown/known/unknown pattern of releases, I'm willing to bet they're gonna be this relatively unknown Omnic from Junkertown.

EDIT: So, Michael Chu retweeted the second teaser with "Not quite a storm...Maybe thunder..."

You could interpret it as being a reference to Men at Work's 'Down Under', based on Australia...

Or, you could consider how the Junker Queen referred to Junkertown as the Thunderdome - which is a Max Man reference by itself, but this definitely adds to the overall theory.

submitted by /u/_deadlockgunslinger
[link] [comments]

[Dijoux] 1.25 PTR Concluded

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 05:06 PM PDT

Supports support each other (even on the court)

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 05:08 AM PDT

I fixed the teaser video

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 06:28 PM PDT

McCree’s undocumented machine gun buff

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 06:59 AM PDT

Played Mei yesterday, wanna share some sick headshots

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 08:43 AM PDT

I didn't know this was possible in this game engine

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 08:31 AM PDT

At this rate, the lore will never advance beyond backstory (and neither will the shorts) because heroes are coming out twice as fast as the shorts themselves.

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 02:08 PM PDT

It certainly seems like Blizzard wants to tell each hero's individual backstory before moving on when it comes to the shorts. So far we've seen Genji and Hanzo, Reinhardt and Brigitte (kind of), Mei, Reaper, Widowmaker, Tracer, Winston, Bastion, Soldier, and Sombra. Keep in mind many heroes can't come as package deals - they could get one proper short out of Junkrat and Roadhog, but most heroes are mostly alone story wise. They can't really combine Pharah and Ana.

Because we get a new hero every 3-4 months but a new short only twice a year, we are going to be telling backstory forever. Maybe Blizzard doesn't intend on doing backstory shorts for every hero... but then I'm sure the fanbase would be said if their main never got a short.

submitted by /u/Aiyakiu
[link] [comments]

Tip: If an enemy just won't die, check to make sure there isn't a bright yellow line attached to them!

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 05:41 AM PDT

Can we please have the background in the hero selection screen match the map that we're playing on?

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 04:25 AM PDT

For example, I think I get Nepal Village's background when waiting to fight on Nepal Sanctum, and Illios Lighthouse when we're going to be on Illios Well. It's kinda ridiculous that those camera views dont already match up tbh. Unnecessarily confuses people.

Rip, forgot the Pls Blizzard

submitted by /u/DaEliminator
[link] [comments]

Cool widow paintball POTG

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 01:41 PM PDT

Suspended for two weeks - an apology from a toxic player

Posted: 25 Jun 2018 11:42 AM PDT

I never realized how toxic I could be. I won't lie, when i was first hit with this suspension, I thought it was a mistake.

Going through my own recordings of the past few weeks made me realize that I typed a lot of trashtalk for no reason at all. I need to work on that.

I'm not entirely sure why I'm making this post but in the process of searching "how to not be toxic in OW" I came across a post that sums up a mentality I really jive with.

Don't play to win; play to improve. There is no reason at all to get mad at someone who isn't you. The only thing you will be able to change in your games to actually climb is yourself and how you act towards others. I know how hard it is to not get angry at others, but not flaming teammates and actually focusing on improvement is the best way to climb and to not get toxic.

I am unsure if it is the environment i've become accustomed to in game or a slowly devolving situation in life away from the Keyboard that's caused me to lash out through keystrokes. Regardless, I wanted to apologize to the community for being a dick throughout. With that said, I plan to be better. I plan to be less serious in game. To not fly off the handle over someone teabagging a corpse on point.

I'm not a hot shot or someone important within the community, but I realize that maybe, just maybe changing the mindset of a person to be less of an asshole to other players might help in the longrun. So I apologize. I'm not gonna appeal my ban or sit around stewing or even try an alt account. I take it on the chin. Here's to trying to be a better player in a community mired with too many people like myself.

submitted by /u/malicu
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.