Learn Dota 2 - Looking for low mmr replays for the ressurection of Purge Casts a Pub


Looking for low mmr replays for the ressurection of Purge Casts a Pub

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 07:51 AM PDT

Hi! Purge used to have a series called 'Purge Casts a Pub', where he casted a random low mmr pub. I think it's based on Huskystarcrafts series 'Bronze League Heroes'. Example

The reason the series stopped was mostly due to how time consuming it was for Purge to look through a bunch of replays until he found a good one, but without spoiling it too much for himself.

Now that I'm here, I can look through them for him. However I've found it incredibly difficult to find low mmr games on dotabuff that weren't completely stomped. Also looks like there's A LOT of smurfs ruining low mmr games, which we in no way want to encourage by broadcasting them.

So if you or a friend are Heralds (or uncalibrated), and have had a semi-even game recently, please send me the match ID. The match ID can be found here. Replays are only available for one week.

Disclaimer: By submitting a replay you may or may not get flamed or critiqued in a Purge video.

Edit: Looking through them all, but it's taking a while

submitted by /u/seatech
[link] [comments]

Lifestealer and Bloodseeker Radiance; when to build?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 06:56 PM PDT

Lifestealer and Bloodseeker Radiance; when to build?

Im trying to learn bloodseeker and Lifestealer right now, and i see a lot of people building radiance but only sometimes. Does anyone have any context for when you should build this item on these characters, verses going a more traditional build?

submitted by /u/hellshot8
[link] [comments]

For the first time I got an 800 gpm game! Although I was wondering how could've I ended this game earlier...

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 06:32 PM PDT

Hey /r/learndota2,

I got a really good game as terrorblade where our team stomped the enemies. I got a lot of kills and no deaths!

While the game went well and I got some good item timings, I have no idea how could've I ended this game earlier. After our first rax, we simply left the lane because my metamorphosis ended and the enemy began to respawn. After that, my teammates sorta just wanted to extend the game and I just followed them in fears of dying.

Could've I just said yolo and force the game to end without dying in the process? Or should've I just sacrificed myself to end the game quicker? Also what other things should I improve on?

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/axl2468
[link] [comments]

How to prevent people from looking up your profile in Battle Cup?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 06:03 PM PDT

I know that you can turn off expose public match data but that just prevents future matches from appearing on DotABuff and OpenDotA, not previous matches.

Is there any way to prevent people from looking you up? Maybe change your name to something complicated or common?

submitted by /u/SillyRabbit2121
[link] [comments]

Is the meta 1-1-3 or 2-1-2 right now?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 06:00 PM PDT

ELI5 please :)

submitted by /u/genewashy
[link] [comments]

Why do pro position 5 players always have so little networth?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 08:19 AM PDT

When I play position 5, I always have this idea that I'll be able to buy brown boots and a magic stick and that's all the luxury I get all game. But almost every game, no matter how many sentries, observers, smokes, dusts, tomes I buy, I always have way more money than that. My "hard position 5" in pubs always ends me the game with completed boots, an urn, a euls, an aeon disk, etc.

So why is it that when many pros play they have just about nothing? Am I not supporting hard enough?

submitted by /u/Weastie37
[link] [comments]

how to?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 05:02 PM PDT

alt + what you click so you can see buyback + item u need to finish ?

submitted by /u/Dedemoon
[link] [comments]

What heroes are the best at harassing?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 08:19 PM PDT

Would like some advice on ending games with early leads

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 08:45 AM PDT

dotabuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/874781521

Having a real hard time ending games that should be easy given how well it starts off. Having a lot of losses recently in games where it looks like I am doing well.

  1. Last game, on TA I couldn't get my team to simply grab aegis with me before pushing, knowing that if we didn't take aegis I would feed godlike. Constantly getting forked by my teammates with bad trade-offs like this. Team blames me for the loss.
  2. I play wk, get a triple kill in the offlane, have a great start and then can't use any of my farm advantage to end the game. Enemy team dances around the map, forcing me to defend towers while my teammates feed them in their jungle.
  3. I play on riki, go like 18-1 and still lose the game. Can't figure out how to salvage the chaos. Not sure where to apply pressure. Tinker feeding on my teammates despite me killing him 3 times mid game. Alchemist pressuring lanes so I have to choose between camping alch or stopping tinker from murdering my team. Too many options and I feel like I can't be everywhere at once. Surprise-surprise team blames me for the loss.

I know the sample size may seem low, but for sure these are the same issues I run into for years now. Can't end games with good starts. Teammates blame my playstyle. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Clearly I need some outside perspective. Watching the replays I see how my dumb deaths happen, but it doesn't seem like those are the real issue.

submitted by /u/dontexplainyouredit
[link] [comments]

Enchantress 7.18

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 04:16 PM PDT

So I used to be decent at enchantress, and with her recent buff I thought I would start spamming her again. I either do well by getting kills or I am starved and feel like I have no impact as a position 5. Do you have any tips on build or playstyle?

submitted by /u/altmeaning
[link] [comments]

Where would I advertise coaching for new players

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 04:03 PM PDT

I understand that it is against the rules to offer coaching on this Reddit page (although it would be one of the best places to do it) so I was wondering if there was a place where one could advertise their lessons.

submitted by /u/hackedvan11
[link] [comments]

Can anyone make 3000+ in last hit trainer with Invoker?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 01:18 PM PDT

...and make youtube video of it for me to learn plz? No matter how hard I try I can't get past 2100, and most of the time I get less than that. It seems impossible for me :)

submitted by /u/Bobocop_
[link] [comments]

Can Sniper played as support?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 03:14 AM PDT

Title.

Edit: Okay thanks guys. I don't think Sniper support will work. It used to work in a way a long time ago when Shrapnel did damage to the tower :)

submitted by /u/profHam
[link] [comments]

Still get OoV on enchantress?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 06:16 AM PDT

Pretty big nerf but it was deserved, you think blight is better now?

General question but is ench good in dual lane as core, or is solo xp too important?

submitted by /u/Lord_Vectron
[link] [comments]

Laning against a Tinker as Ember advice?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 06:07 AM PDT

I got absolutely crushed by a Tinker. I think the player in general was better than me, but I don't feel like I even got to play my hero for the first 10 minutes of the game. He did everything right, blinded me before I attempt a last hit/deny. Spam spell to break flame guard when I try to push the wave a bit. Not sure of how to play the matchup!

submitted by /u/GummiGuy5
[link] [comments]

Would you have bought butterfly or AC on templar assassin in this particular match?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 10:25 AM PDT

Maelstrom on Clinkz , is it viable?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 01:04 PM PDT

I really think it's bullshit but some pros are doing it

submitted by /u/erickvin1
[link] [comments]

Broodmother: Mid vs. Offlane

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 10:12 AM PDT

Typically when I pick Brood I prefer playing her mid for the 1v1 matchup, however, is it more beneficial for my team if I play an offlane brood and make as much space as possible? Is hard carrying a game more possible in mid lane or is it better to cut off their jungle and snowball in the enemy safe lane?

submitted by /u/_paradis
[link] [comments]

How do bounty runes affect team networth?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 03:59 AM PDT

I heard some streamers saying that when we pick up 4 runes worth 100 gold each, then the networth difference change is 800 because we denied the other team 400 gold. But why is that the case? Isn't it just a 400 gold difference since the other team didn't lose 400 gold when they didn't pick up the runes?

Edit: to make it clear to some people who don't understand the question. Thr streamer said when 1 team picks up 4 runes which are worth 100 each, each player from that team gets 400 gold. So he gets an 800 gold swing.

submitted by /u/jailwall
[link] [comments]

Lots of little lag spiking on US East??

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 09:51 AM PDT

Hi all - for the past amost two weeks, I've started have bad spiking when I play or watch a match. Mostly lots of little skips, stops, and starts, but it seriously makes it harder to play. US East servers.

The weird thing is that all other websites, applications and games seem to run just fine... Somehow it seems like it's only DotA with this issue for me...???

Tried the usual dumb stuff: restart my computer, restart my wifi, but to no avail.

I did the Google internet speed test and it came back as "fast": something like 30+Mbps download and 20+Mbps upload.

Has anyone experienced anything like this in their DotA?

submitted by /u/La-Vie-En-Russie
[link] [comments]

In this video what game mechanic allows Radiant to see Storm Spirit?

Posted: 28 Jun 2018 09:15 AM PDT

how is wraith king right now?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 09:45 PM PDT

He seems to have a really high winrate, even though his abilities seem pretty low impact to me. Is it mostly because his of his ult? is he good in the current meta?

submitted by /u/Railstone8
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.