Halo - r/halo spotted in r/askreddit


r/halo spotted in r/askreddit

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 03:26 PM PDT

Blue Team Deserves A Place In 'Halo: Infinite' - Story & Gameplay

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 08:37 AM PDT

Marty isn't returning after all :(

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 04:39 PM PDT

I work at Fred Meyer's/Kroger and found this figure crammed into our backstock. Any info?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 07:09 AM PDT

40 days 9 hours and 15 minutes of playtime and I have finally completed MCC. No life: achieved.

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 01:04 PM PDT

After 212 hours of Halo 5, I finally unlocked the Halo 2 BR

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 02:03 PM PDT

I played a ton when Halo 5 first released. I tried to 'clear' all REQ packs in order of Bronze, Silver, and Gold. I played relentlessly. When 343 announced the Halo 2 BR. I wanted it so bad. I played and played and got to the point where I cleared all Silver REQ's. Still no BR. It got to the point where I was burnt out unlocking the gold packs. I eventually put Halo 5 down for other games that offered a little bit more incentive.

I recently got an Xbox One X and figured I would fire up Halo 5 to see how it ran on the new hardware. It runs awesome! After playing a couple matches of Warzone and Arena I finally did it. I unlocked the Halo 2 BR after hours of trying. 212 Hours (8.5 Days) to be exact.

That is one thing why I decided to share... Lootboxes are devastating when you want to unlock one item. You try and try only to have the dice not roll your way. I really hope 343 implements a different system for the next Halo. This was one of my major gripes with Halo 5. While I have unlocked my dream REQ, It took way too long to do it. I am sure there were others who joined the fight later and realized the REQ system was too large an undertaking.

TL;DR: It took 212 Hours to unlock Halo 2 BR, which is way too long. Hoping Halo: Infinite has a better equipment system.

submitted by /u/sold1erjjt
[link] [comments]

Halo 2 Legendary in short.

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 05:56 PM PDT

If 343i is going for a more CE approach to Halo Infinite's Narrative...

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 09:27 PM PDT

Then we need another Truth and Reconciliation/ Nightfall esque mission. Just think, a semi open world sniper mission taking place at night. I just think it'd be a nice callback to CE if that's what 343 is going form

submitted by /u/AXELNZAGAIN
[link] [comments]

Fanart of naked Arbiter from Halo 2: Anniversary, by Kristian Berget

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 09:19 PM PDT

Halo infinite is a good opportunity to make the soundtracks more orchestral again.

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 08:26 PM PDT

One of my absolute favorite things when playing halo is the beautiful way Marty would convey tone with simple melodies and instruments, some of the most memorable for me is the opening suit in halo3 with the soft violins playing as chief falls from the sky, or hearing the Gregorian chants in the main menu of halo ce, conveying a sense of holiness and ancientness of the halo rings. And let's not forget the epic drums and the start of reach. Personally I'm not a fan of the current style of ost for halo, it sounds like cheap generic electronic music that I would find in any other big budget media production, with forced themes from the older games just for fan service. While I don't feel kazuma makes bad music, i was personally not a fan of the style in halo 4/5. Hopefully now that infinite has been hinted to take place in large open natural areas. We can get rid of the annoying electronic beats riddled throughout halo 4/5.

submitted by /u/DanielJMurillo
[link] [comments]

How is it possible that the enemy AI in Halo CE (2001) seem so much better than in Halo 5 (2015)?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 04:24 AM PDT

I get that Halo CE is truly a revolutionary game but as an industry how is it possible that its AI still feel far more intelligent and resourceful than enemies in many modern shooters?

The way they move around the battlefield, Elites seemingly commanding the Grunts while staying back then pushing through to attack you when you get close and Jackals using their plasma pistols to bring down your shields while the rest fire at you, all feels so natural and far more organised and alert than how the Covenant or Prometheans behave in Halo 5.

Their movement also feels more intelligent, especially how they use cover like in Halo where I've seen Elites retreat behind the Forerunner structures when I brought down their shields and they'd only pop out again when they recover.

I think part of the reason the campaign is so much more fun for me is that the AI always feel different when I play a mission again and that keeps things interesting where as the AI in Halo 5 seem a bit of a mess and aren't fun to fight because the way they fight follows no pattern that is enjoyable to try and beat.

submitted by /u/tony_lasagne
[link] [comments]

Halo 5 - Map Background Motion Detail Compilation! I don't know if people like these types of videos that bring attention to the Halo art? Let me know! Feedback is welcome!

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 03:26 PM PDT

Drew this a little while ago, around the time ElDewrito's 6.0 update released.

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 08:40 PM PDT

The problem that can't be fixed.

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 02:55 PM PDT

There are a lot of legitimate complaints about the direction that 343i went with Halo 4 and 5 and long-time fans/veterans are justifiably excited by the reveal of the classic art style and are hopeful that other aspects of the game will be more similar to Halo CE, 2 and 3. Whether it's removal of sprint/Spartan abilities, the inclusion of split-screen, or writing a better story, everyone has expectations of what a perfect Halo: Infinite game would look like, but there is a problem in the Halo franchise that can't be fixed: we all grew up.

Halo CE came out in 2001; 17 years ago. Most hardcore Halo fans were children or young teenagers back then. For me, it was the first FPS game I had ever played. Some of the best moments of my childhood involved sitting on the floor of my living room playing 2v2 splitscreen Slayer on hang em high, 2v2 ctf on blood gulch, or FFA rockets on prisoner with my brothers and my dad. Today, I'm in college and my brothers live in other states with their wives and kids. My younger siblings and my dad just want to play fortnite when I invite them to play a round of Halo 5's Halo 3 throwback playlist. Last Christmas, we were all together at my parents house, and we played Halo 3, and it was the most fun I've had in a video game since 2007, but it wasn't just the game that was fun. It was reliving all the great moments from my childhood.

No matter what Halo: Infinte ends up being, it can't make you relive those moments from your childhood because it isn't the game from our childhood and you're not the same person you were when you fell in love with Halo. I can't wait to play through the next chapter of the campaign, but I actually don't care how the multiplayer is designed. I don't care about competing with strangers on the internet. I'd like it to be fun obviously, but I've played thousands of rounds of Halo; maybe tens of thousands. I don't want to play Halo 3 over and over just to tickle my nostalgia until I'm 70 years old. (If people actually want that, just perfect MCC, and they'll be fine.) I want new experiences and new ideas. I don't want the future of the game to be determined by people that will never be satisfied by anything other than a time machine to 2007. Make a good game, but don't make it for the fans. Make new fans and don't listen to the haters.

Edit: "Make new fans and don't listen to the haters" is the wrong way to phrase it. Instead, I would say, "Make new fans by making a phenomenal game for the modern generation, and don't listen to the people that will never be satisfied because they haven't realized that they're bored after 17 years of Halo.

Edit: I'll be honest. A lot of the comments have changed my mind. I'm more optimistic for the future of Halo. If they do make Halo: infinite with classic gameplay, no enhanced mobility, and a fresh sandbox, maybe new and old fans would love it, but I guess time will tell.

submitted by /u/flaninpan
[link] [comments]

Behind the Scenes: Making of Halo 2

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 07:41 PM PDT

The LASO struggle

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 01:45 PM PDT

Favorite Halo of all time?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 09:29 AM PDT

Favorite Halo of all time?


Vote Button Poll Options Current Vote Count
Vote Halo CE/Halo CE: Anniversary 0 Votes
Vote Halo 2/Halo 2: Anniversary 0 Votes
Vote Halo 3 0 Votes
Vote Halo 3: ODST 0 Votes
Vote Halo: Reach 0 Votes
Vote Halo 4 0 Votes
Vote Halo 5: Guardians 0 Votes
Vote Halo Wars 0 Votes
Vote Halo Wars 2 0 Votes
Vote Halo: Spartan Assault 0 Votes
Vote Halo: Spartan Strike 0 Votes
Vote Halo Infinite 0 Votes

Instructions:

  • Click Vote to Register Your Vote.

Note: Vote Count in this post will be updated real time with new data.


Make Your Own Poll Here redditpoll.com.


See live vote count here

submitted by /u/dystrudept
[link] [comments]

How soon do you think we'll see Halo: Infinite gameplay?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 11:38 PM PDT

The optimist in me wants to say we'll see it at Gamescom or the VGAs, but I doubt it. What does r/halo think?

submitted by /u/Atomic_Bob
[link] [comments]

Feel like there’s no reason to play anymore

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 09:04 PM PDT

I'm a hardcore classic Halo fan but recently I've just been so bored with Halo, it just feels like I'm playing for no reason. I have been playing halo since I was 9 and I'm 19 now and I guess that could be the reason I'm so burnt out but I feel like a big reason is the lack of a real ranking system in MCC.

I've gotten a 50 in Halo 2 and Halo 3 but even that doesn't feel like much of anything tbh. Like yes I still enjoy the games but I feel like I'm wasting my time because there's nothing to really work towards. The 50's don't really mean anything. I wish they'd add a service record at least.

Anyone else feel like this at all? It's just kinda saddening bc I wanna play but I play a few matches and it's just like, meh

submitted by /u/Bugford
[link] [comments]

I was trying to convince my friend to try Invasion on Halo Reach...

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 06:00 PM PDT

"If it were my choice, would I do it?"

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 12:44 PM PDT

Hey, guys. Haven't touched a Halo novel since The Thursday War, and I haven't read the Forerunner Saga so I'm pretty ignorant with regards to the lore outside of the video games. But thinking back to the exchange between the Chief and 343 Guilty Spark in the beginning of Two Betrayals I was wondering if the line, "If it were my choice, would I do it?" has been explained. 343 seems convinced that he and the Chief has discussed this matter previously, but obviously that isn't the case (unless time travel). Is there anything in the expanded lore to explain this piece of dialogue or is it still a mystery?

submitted by /u/Berwyf93
[link] [comments]

Brute maquette I made.

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 08:53 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.