Factorio Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset


Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

Posted: 18 May 2018 04:00 PM PDT

Max's Make Everything

Posted: 18 May 2018 02:54 PM PDT

Add Splitters to the circuit network please!

Posted: 18 May 2018 06:56 AM PDT

If they are connected then you would be able to control the input/output priority and which items get filtered.

submitted by /u/British_Noodle
[link] [comments]

What do i need to do to get a Techpriest Skin for the Engineer?

Posted: 18 May 2018 08:36 AM PDT

I have that itch that needs to be scratched, and that itch is a neat red Cloak and religious purpose while building a continent sized factory, exterminating low-life xenos scum and making one offering per minute to the Omnissiah.

submitted by /u/SlimGlim
[link] [comments]

Sandbox Mode

Posted: 18 May 2018 03:54 AM PDT

I was reading other posts about what people feel could improve the game, but then I was surprised when someone mentioned they wanted an option to play without controlling an avatar they have to run around with.

You can absolutely do that in Factorio! Instead of clicking "New Game", go to "Scenarios". You'll find a list of options that alter the gameplay, but the one you want is "Sandbox".

Sandbox mode plays more like an RTS game. You don't control a character, you can move around the camera with your WASD keys, but the others controls are the same as the normal game. You can still mine rocks and ore, cut down trees, and you still have to fight off biters, but they can only tear down your base now.

When you start a Sandbox game, you're given 4 questions about whether to unlock all research, enable cheats, enable permanent day mode, and if you want a bunch of items to remove the early game grind. You can decline all of those options, doing that will start you off like a normal game.

Edit: I forgot there were 4 options asked at the start of sandbox mode, not 3. Also, you can really avoid the biters by using your godly reach to mine resources anywhere on the map. Not having an avatar means that you can't directly defend your base, but you also won't be killed by biters in the middle of the night and forced to reload a save.

submitted by /u/ZakTheFallen
[link] [comments]

Is my game broke? How do I fix

Posted: 18 May 2018 12:34 PM PDT

It is now Saturday in Prague. Where is the FFF?

Posted: 18 May 2018 03:08 PM PDT

Module sub-factory on my current map. Everything produced on-site, feeds four assemblers making MK3 modules.

Posted: 18 May 2018 03:39 PM PDT

Oh, these ratings look good. I'll play about 30 min then go to bed. 2 hours later...

Posted: 17 May 2018 08:16 PM PDT

You all can go to hell.

submitted by /u/Pehbak
[link] [comments]

was supposed to sleep before 1 am... It's currently 3 am. Have some spaghetti.

Posted: 18 May 2018 11:45 AM PDT

pretty new at this, what do you guys think of my base area right now?

Posted: 18 May 2018 03:49 PM PDT

when you're able to understand seablock but prefer spaghetti

Posted: 18 May 2018 07:32 PM PDT

New player: I love this so much I hate it!

Posted: 18 May 2018 05:44 PM PDT

I've been gaming for so long in so many genre's it doesn't take me long to "beat" the game but I've sunk so many hours into this (1 week!) and I still haven't cracked it. I've played Production Line and Rise of Industries and worked them out pretty quick but I think I'm on my third or fourth start and I've had the game for a week.

Working out ratio's is important and then the physical arrangement can make or break good intentions. I finally have a design that can run 4 labs with three sciences (red/green/blue) pretty reliably. I know - only 4 labs and only 3 science - but baby steps! This is my design and I'm VERY happy I got this far:

https://imgur.com/UtLSskR

(1 green lab at the bottom (cut off) and peaceful mode btw while I'm learning the tech tree)

Pretty stoked with this. Now my next problem - redesign all of that so its scalable. :(

I love the way I hate this game!

submitted by /u/Togfox
[link] [comments]

What are your criticisms of the game?

Posted: 18 May 2018 12:58 AM PDT

2 Blue Belts of Green Circuits using ore as input. And what it looks like when they are stacked.

Posted: 18 May 2018 03:06 PM PDT

New to Factorio, boiler help?

Posted: 18 May 2018 10:13 AM PDT

As of currently, I've been watching a few Youtube videos on Factorio to get a general grip, and I've been seeing two kinds of boilers? One only takes up a 1x1 looking spot on the grind of the game, while the other takes up what looks like a 2x3, what's the difference? Is one simply outdated? Thank you for clearing up any confusion!

submitted by /u/Eclisoul_
[link] [comments]

How To Refuel Trains in Spread Out Network?

Posted: 18 May 2018 10:03 AM PDT

What CPU is the best for Factorio

Posted: 18 May 2018 02:10 PM PDT

So my old cpu just died (rip), and I want to upgrade my whole computer (I had an i3-2100 with GTX1050).

I don't know which CPU will be best for factorio. Where I live, I can buy 8th or 7th generation CPUs. Which CPU should I buy?

And another question, will RAM of speed 2400MHz will be sufficient?

Thank you :)

submitted by /u/HammerPiano
[link] [comments]

Hi guys! I just downloaded the game. What is the problem with my steam engine? I can't figure it out.

Posted: 18 May 2018 05:20 PM PDT

Should station symbol change color depending on the state it currently is?

Posted: 18 May 2018 10:53 AM PDT

The title is self explanatory but I'll expand enough to get my point accross.

The thing is, my base is an absolute mess of stations (Grid-based science production) and usually, while train station names options is active, my screen looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/ag4hj1Y

Some stations names flicker white and red to indicate their status, but I can't look at my map reasonably at a the later zoom out levels

So for the sake of being able to use the map at said zoom level I play with station names disabled, which does not allow me to know whether a station is disabled or not and I have to constantly switch the mode of the station names option, which is mildly annoying.

So, I've been needing lately that the station's icon change their colour if they are enabled/disabled.

What do you guys think, does that seems like a reasonable request?

submitted by /u/Rayffer
[link] [comments]

In response to the criticism thread earlier. What do you love most about Factorio?

Posted: 18 May 2018 04:47 PM PDT

Belts, machines and inserters. The foundation of a good spagetti base!

submitted by /u/Baityboy
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.