Skyrim - Even after 6 and a half years...I am still blown away by how beautiful this game is.


Even after 6 and a half years...I am still blown away by how beautiful this game is.

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 07:53 PM PDT

A daytime version of one of my previous screen shots.

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 09:39 PM PDT

When you're trying to pass Lydia in a doorway, and shes just standing there like...

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 05:17 AM PDT

I did a quick Aela the Huntress makeup test. I think I’ll be adding her to my cosplay lineup but first I have to find a wig.

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 03:34 PM PDT

Beautiful piece of art I purchased from SkiWoodWork on Etsy!

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 09:59 PM PDT

My love for skyrim is eternal, details every place, character, quest, item, enemy, and basically every single situation, fight, and event and so on, like everything, all outcomes, how to deal with it, strategies, it’s never ending lol

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 02:37 AM PDT

Guess I'll have to come back later ...

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 10:47 AM PDT

How I became a part-time protector of Riverwood and have fun playing a questless, heavily RPG-ized Skyrim

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 01:16 AM PDT

I haven't had this much fun in Skyrim in years, and it was all unexpected and unplanned. Basically, using Requiem and several other mods, I turned Skyrim into a whole new experience and it's just amazing.

After escaping Helgen and reaching Riverwood with Hadvar, which was quite an experience in itself, I found myself in a realistic world full of danger, so instead of simply venturing forth into a great adventure and doing all the same quests over and over, I decided to settle down in Riverwood for awhile, until figuring out where and how.

Then I noticed that Riverwood has no guards at all, so I took my heavy legion armor on, obtained in Helgen, and put myself in a role of Riverwood's part-time guard, more like an expression of gratitude for allowing me to stay.

The thing is, Skyrim is now full of diferent encounters, inluding bandit explorers who might attack and pillage Riverwood any time.

So right now i'm staying in Alvor's home, cooking my own meals and using his bed during the day. This is only temporary, because I plan building my own shack (Live Anywhere mod) in Riverwood.

My day goes something like this (I should also add that time passes slower now, scale is 1:10 compared to vanilla's 1:20): I patrol Riverwood usually after 10, sometimes from midnight until people wake up. Hod and Gerdur are usually first to wake up, and at 6am already go to work. Then, depending on my condition, I'd either take a few hour nap or just dress a tunic and work at the mill for few hours. I always have a breakfast/lunch by the river, including a bottle of mead. I'm friends with both Sven and Faendal, although they both go on and on about some love letters and local girl Camilla.

Occasionally, I visit the Sleeping Giant Inn or Riverwood trader to get supplies and water, but if I feel rested I'll just go and catch salmon in the river or hunt around the village, never leaving Riverwood out of sight. Usually I have a dinner with Alvor, Sigrid and Hadvar and read a book before sleeping.

My favorite part is the night time watch. Just knowing that I make this place little bit safer while everyone sleeps or drinks at the inn, feels so satisfying. Streets are practically empty, except for an occasional traveler, pilgrim or a merchant passing by, and I get this sense of loneliness and contemplate the world of Skyrim. A combination of Skyrim's epic soundtrack, starry night sky and overal ambience have an almost therapeutic effect. Practically, I don't want to leave Riverwood at all, feeling absolutely at home here, and having all I need. My long term plans are saving enough coin to build a shack and ordering a set of steel armor from Alvor, before going north and visiting Whiterun and exploring the vast tundra. My character is sort of a paladin (role playing and character wise) with special focus on defending the weak and guarding the roads, wanting to master the skills of heavy armor, one hand maces and restoration, above all. Besides this, I don't even bother myself with leveling up. I prefer this sense of slow and steady progression, becoming stronger each day through acquiring experience amd strategy.

Beyond this, I have no other long term plans with this character. I just know I'll stick to this "questless" playstyle all the way through, heavily immersing myself into the world and slowly exploring new area one at the time. Eventually, of course, I'll be doing quests, but they won't feel artificial and forced, but earned and highly rewarding.

submitted by /u/Guerrinus
[link] [comments]

My daughter the solo stormcloak

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 10:03 PM PDT

So just got skyrim on switch and just got to the battle of whiterun on the imperial side and when I go out of the gate I hear a child yelling leave me alone and I see a girl running from the whiterun guards and then a bunch of imperial solder start attacking her. I see no stormcloaks in sight. Then I realize it's my daughter cause of the dress she is wearing using the wooden sword I gave her. So basically she joined the storm cloaks and then took on the imperial army by herself. I guess since children can't die she had the right idea the dirty traitor. My game crashed shortly after. Pics and videos to come when I can thanks to the switch record button!

submitted by /u/guthixguard
[link] [comments]

Off to slay some Vampires with Inigo and Sofia

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 01:01 AM PDT

"In darkness, I shall be light"

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 04:49 PM PDT

Feels like home. :)

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 05:26 PM PDT

100%!!! It only took 300 hours!

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 07:47 PM PDT

Well...

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 01:15 PM PDT

Easily The Most Moral Elder Scrolls Character I've Played

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 05:39 AM PDT

My high school has the guidebook in the library

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 10:04 AM PDT

This guy randomly fell from the sky. Just Skyrim things...

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 02:00 PM PDT

I've never played an Argonian until now. I think I'm sold...

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 12:10 AM PDT

Just started Skyrim, have some questions.

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 07:52 AM PDT

Does the main quest line take you all across the map? I'm planning on traveling far and wide before i even go to High Hrothgar and was wondering if that makes sense or if i should just go to those places when the story takes me there. Thanks

submitted by /u/jodonut
[link] [comments]

Achievement question

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 06:58 AM PDT

I had started playing Skyrim on PS4 last year and downloaded a bunch of moda, I didn't really understand the game at all and quit. Now I disabled all the mods and started a new character but I'm still not getting any achievements, anyone know how or if it's possible to reactivate achievements?

Also quick other question, the game still confuses me quite a bit, would.you reommend just wandering around and immersing myself in the game to learn it or should I read guides

submitted by /u/jarritosfritos
[link] [comments]

The fierce wolves of Skyrim. (XBOX)

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 01:23 PM PDT

Unexpected Skyrim in an "ask reddit".

Posted: 12 Apr 2018 06:26 AM PDT

I just saw those comments today. I thought I should drop them here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/8bohcp/australians_of_reddit_what_is_your/dx8jx2s/

submitted by /u/malahchi
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.