The Legend of Zelda - Finally, 100%.


Finally, 100%.

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 12:26 PM PST

[Survey results] - The favourite games of the subreddit are...

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 04:03 AM PST

Thanks for everyone who participated in the survey. We got a total of 306 participants which provided some great data!

As a recap, or for anyone who missed the survey yesterday - it worked by getting people to rank their top 5 favourite games in the franchise. Their favourite got 5 points, second favourite got 4, etc.

Straight into the data - here are the results:

Favourite game

  1. BOTW (915)

  2. OOT (640)

  3. WW (637)

  4. MM (546)

  5. TP (524)

Favourite console game

Top 5 as above

Favourite handheld game

  1. ALBW (196)

  2. MC (116)

  3. LA (102)

  4. OOS (45)

  5. ST (31)

Most chosen as #1

  1. BOTW (87 | 28.4%)

  2. WW (47 | 15.4%)

  3. TP (39 | 12.7)

  4. MM (37 | 12.1)

  5. OOT (31 | 10.1)

Most featured in the top 5

  1. BOTW (87.3%)

  2. OOT (69.0%)

  3. WW (68.6%)

  4. MM (57.2%)

  5. TP (54.2%)


Definitely not knocking BOTW because it's an amazing game, but I would love to revisit this survey in about a years time and see if/how it changes. Most likely a chunk of recency bias in the data.

One thing that surprised me greatly was how infrequently OOT was chosen as the favourite. It's typically held up as the definitive Zelda experience yet it came in at a lowly 5th place for 1st place picks.

Would love to hear opinions and discussion about the results!


And as a final note: to those of you who think you griefed the data - sorry, you were too transparent. I removed all of your obvious manipulation. Seeing mirror copies of results coming in seconds apart is kind of an obvious giveaway. Try again next time I guess.

submitted by /u/aata1000
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] I just finished beating Ganon and if anyone from the team that developed the game comes here, i just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 09:26 AM PST

Ive played zelda games since i was 5 on the NES. I played OoT religiously after getting an N64. Even though i didnt like Majora's Mask, i played it because its Zelda. Played twilight princess for the wii and now Breath of the Wild on the switch. I have gotten almost every nintendo system and almost every zelda and theyve always been fun. Except majora's lol.

This was by far, the most fun ive had playing a game on a console since OoT. The amazing giant map, the weapons, the self gratification of beating the snot out of some enemies i considered impossible to beat at one point.. the game takes you on a journey of self doubt at first and humility but eventually lifts you up and boosts confidence and instead of running from a guardian or lynel you attack them head on and without mercy.

When i bought the switch like a month ago, i got two games, mario odyssey and breath of the wild. And it took me maybe 10 hours to beat odyssey, BoTW took 135 hours to best Ganon. And i did take my time, built up a huge inventory of weapons and shields and did all the shrines, the game never made me want to just "get it over with." Everything i did was a goal to get to another stepping stone and thats the true beauty behind what a game should do for you.

So again, thank you for developing this game for everyone to enjoy. It was truly an exciting game and i now completely understand the hype it got.

submitted by /u/ders89
[link] [comments]

One can only wonder what is going through Link's mind

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 11:43 AM PST

What BOTW has on other titles.

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 05:33 PM PST

Ive been a Zelda fan since I was a young child, being introduced to the franchise with A Link To The Past. I, along with every other Zelda fan, COULD NOT WAIT for Breath of the wild. During first playthrough, I was torn between joyful tears of playing the game Id been waiting for forever, and also wishing it was more 'Zelda-esque' as far as temples...the overall feeling of a Zelda game, etc.

After taking a decent break from the game, I recently came back to Hyrule...as I still have a LOT to do (Ive only got 83 shrines, and barely have any DLC accomplished) I realized what this game has that so many dont. The ability to pick up the game after an extended break and keep having fun with the same file. SO many times Ive come back to a Zelda game only to say 'Where the hell am I? What was I doing?' Etc. If you get lost in a dungeon and take a break its even worse!!

Not botw. It felt great getting back into the game....finding shrines and korok seeds. Using heros path mode to explore corners of Hyrule I have yet to see. Im so impressed with this game....and its almost a year old!!!

submitted by /u/BHVM27
[link] [comments]

The horses are really dedicated

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 10:53 PM PST

xpost from /r/breath_of_the_wild - proud of this one. Master Mode.

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 09:46 PM PST

What to play after Ocarina of Time?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 06:10 AM PST

Just finished Ocarina of Time (Man what a game), I was wondering what Zelda I should play next?

submitted by /u/ThatGuyKacper
[link] [comments]

Nintendo asks you to create a new divine beast for future dlc.

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 07:50 PM PST

Where would you put it, and what animal would it be. Yes, I do understand there would be no certain race to pilot it that already doesn't have one, but this is hypothetical. For example, a swordfish in the ocean to the right would be really cool, with the mechanic working something like making it dive to fill it partially with water.

submitted by /u/DropTheBanHammer
[link] [comments]

Been playing SS for the first time...

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 09:36 AM PST

I hadn't played Zelda in a while since Wind Waker, and I remembered recently that we'd gotten a Wii again, so I bought TP for £6 and played it through over a few days (about 30 hours worth) and absolutely loved it. Eager for more, I got SS, which I was surprised to see was still £30 for a used copy. I thought sod it though since I had such a great time with TP that I just wanted to continue my Zelda binge and bought it anyway.

Didn't realise it needed motion plus so

I had to wait another day for that to arrive, but that's my fault for not checking.

Gotta say after about 7-8 hours of play time and completing the first 3 dungeons, I've given up on it. The story isn't particularly interesting, the companion is boring, the controls are horrendous and it just completely failed to hold my attention at all.

I've looked up to see what other people thought and it seems like whenever anybody criticises SS they're just brushed off as trolls, but I'm really shocked at how much I'm not enjoying it. Anybody feel the same? I realise I'm late to playing it but still.

EDIT: To clarify, I've played every prior Zelda title and loved every one, still haven't gotten to BoTW yet though.

submitted by /u/Nervous_Bert
[link] [comments]

What Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 and Zelda BOTW have in common ?

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 04:18 PM PST

I drew Anju from Majora's Mask! I'm proud of my first bit of fan art.

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 05:52 PM PST

Thanks Zelda For 32 Years!

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 06:38 PM PST

Hi! I'm Giving away some Zelda Posters!

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 10:36 PM PST

I have never played a Zelda before. I tried BoTW, and didn't like it, but want to try one more game in the series before giving up. Any tips?

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 06:27 PM PST

I know it's an extremely unpopular opinion, and I am not saying BoTW isn't a phenomenal game. By most people's standards, it is. For me, I went in with zero affinity for the Zelda franchise, not having grown up with it. I found it very difficult...I played for about ten hours. The weapons breaking was exasperating, all of the monsters were difficult for me, I couldn't get used to the lack of a narrative, the shrines were confusing, and I just felt no sense of purpose. This is all just me, but I see SO many people raving about Zelda and I'd really like to enjoy it too. I would prefer a Zelda with more story, fewer complex mechanics (like weapon breaking! I can't stand it!) and I'd like to ride a horse that won't die on me, if that's possible. That was painful.

I am looking into Ocarina of Time, but wanted to get some input here first.

submitted by /u/skippypancake
[link] [comments]

Ocarina of time should get another remake in the style of BotW

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:12 AM PST

Imagine ocarina with the sort of world you have in Botw. With every last area being fully explorable and the dungeons are totally non linear

submitted by /u/Breathes-in-BOI
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.