Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 07:36 AM PST

Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

You doing alright, castform?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 09:39 AM PST

Only in Asia. Elderly couple, 2 phones on the go.

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 05:15 AM PST

We need a 4/20 Slakoth community day.

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 08:48 AM PST

Couldn't find any reference to this idea in search, but this just has to happen.

They could even make it that Slakoth only appears when using incense and delivers double candy.

submitted by /u/awfulcipher
[link] [comments]

Rural Player who finally got my first 2000 CP Pokémon!

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 07:07 AM PST

Been playing since the game came out and around my area there is not many pokestops and you have to drive out some ways to find new Pokémon. I saved up my evolutions and finally decided to use a lucky egg.

https://i.imgur.com/QNXMdDJ.jpg

So happy to actually have some Pokémon over 2000. Now if only I could beat a raid higher than 2!

submitted by /u/itsfoine
[link] [comments]

[Screenshot] When you've been at a gym for three days and you want out already.

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 10:05 AM PST

[Complaint] Just have to rant about quite possible the worst raid group I've ever encountered

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 04:06 PM PST

So, with about 20 minutes left, I'm trying to rally people to take down a Rayquaza. A big group of people says they'll be there in 5 minutes, of course this becomes 15 minutes. The timer is counting down, but they finally arrive with just under 5 minutes remaining, then one dude says "Hang on a sec there's a Torchic at the stop over there"?

So he leaves to go get the torchic and the timer continues counting down and im getting anxious. He makes it back and start the lobby with like 30 seconds, now no room for network errors, but fine. We have 9 in the lobby but only 7 people in person (spoofers?)

With 9 I figured it would be a piece of cake... unfortunately, as the timer is counting down, i hear some conversation breaking out among this group "Ugh the revive drought is real, lets just all go in with Blisseys, we've got enough to beat it". I try to say NO thats a bad idea but this group says to chill.

Raid starts, and there are 6 blisseys, a Jynx (mine), and I think a piloswine and a Charizard (wtf). We take it down with literally 20 seconds remaining... i was pretty pissed off. I think the spoofers saved us. Then i click past the screen and I kid you not, the "ring leader" of that group says "YOU IDIOT! if you had waited to click its an automatic catch" .......

To top it off, I didn't catch the Rayquaza and it was a 2077 (98%).

Probably the most obnoxious raid experience I've ever had.

submitted by /u/NewtonPippin
[link] [comments]

I think my ditto.exe crashed

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 02:34 PM PST

Why can’t male characters have a messenger bag as a backpack?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 08:24 AM PST

I really love the way the character customization is evolving to include event clothing and clothing unlocked from badges. However, I can't help but wondering why male characters don't have access to a messenger bag. I use a messenger bag for classes and when I'm out playing Pokémon Go, so I feel like it would be a neat little thing to have and Im hoping I'm not the only person. I'm curious to know if there's a reason why there isn't one, so if you can think of a reason please let me know.

submitted by /u/pigpin21
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Pokemon Go is a mobile app before it is a Pokemon game

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 05:30 AM PST

I did have my fun with PoGo, which honestly relit the spark of Pokemon for me. I dug out my copies and decided to replay them, but with every game, mod and fan game, I realized how bare bones PoGo is. It's certainly addictive, like all mobile games aim for, but it does not capture what Pokemon is, at least for me. The strategic battles are replaced with tapping, the "love your pokemon" is replaced with "Turn them to candy and don't waste your stardust on weaklings".

I raised a Chikorita to level 31 with an Everstone in Crystal, and had a blast with it. I also stole pokemon from children in an amazing FireRed Team Rocket romhack. I played Moemon, feeling like complete weaboo trash, but at least that captured the sense of rediscovery that every new PKMN game version has.

I heard a lot of people say this is "Pokemon in real life", hence why they play the game. I wish it was, but I find myself frustrated at how much wasted potential this game has.

submitted by /u/jeannovinho
[link] [comments]

First time for me when a big fellow like this appeared in the wild, felt like sharing it!

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 02:22 PM PST

Do It!

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 02:33 PM PST

[Discussion] This is Getting Ridiculous...

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 02:13 PM PST

It was bad enough with Gen 1's four regionals. Then, Gen 2 came along and made a slight improvement: there was only two regionals and you can catch them as long as you're within a certain latitude. However, Gen 3's regionals are way worse than Gen 1 and 2's ever were. As of now, there are NINE regionals (eleven if Plusle and Minun go back to being regionals). And, if that alone wasn't bad enough, the places you can catch these are downright ridiculous. While Gen 1's regionals are bad, AT LEAST you could catch them within an entire continent. Now, we have Pokemon like Relicanth, which can ONLY be caught in New Zealand and Fiji, and Torkoal, which requires a trip to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Parts of Oman, and the "General Indochina Area" to catch. And, why would Pakistan, of all places, be an exclusive country when Pakistan actually BANNED Pokemon GO? What's next? A regional exclusive to China (yet, another place that has banned PoGO) or, better yet, how about a regional exclusive to Antarctica?

Why can't Niantic get it through their thick skulls that nobody, absolutely nobody, likes regionals? I shouldn't have to literally travel around the world just to complete my PokeDex (which IS intended to be the main goal of this game, mind you). There can be regionals, but they should rotate to give everybody a chance to catch them in their own area. Or, maybe restrict certain Pokemon from spawning unless certain conditions are met. For example, a certain Pokemon can only spawn in the afternoon or a certain type of weather. At the very least, make them able to hatch from eggs. Regionals do not contribute anything to the game. The ONLY thing they do is punish players for playing legitimately and promote and encourage spoofing and cheating.

submitted by /u/jack0017
[link] [comments]

[Idea] Lucky Eggs, Incense and Star Pieces should be used like Repels in the main game.

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 06:06 PM PST

There should be a prompt after one of the buffs runs out that tells you that it has run out and lets you pop another instantly.

submitted by /u/LwSvnInJaz
[link] [comments]

What are "common" pokemon that are super rare in your area?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 11:55 AM PST

For me it is all the fire type pokemon they just dont exist in my game.

I was wondering how the game experience is for everyone around the world and how it can change your gameplay. (sorry for my english still working on it.)

submitted by /u/XxXtoolXxX
[link] [comments]

Just caught wild. Not great but I'll take it. Almost done with pokedex now excluding regionals and newer guys

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 09:50 PM PST

Did I waste my time with Altaria?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 09:13 AM PST

I was so excited in the run up to getting my Altaria, since I got so many candies from those first two glorious swablu filled days. I was so excited to be able to evolve something that took a whopping 400 candies. Then this morning I finally got there and when it evolved the altaria looks weak as fuck. Its not even 1600cp and has average hp. What was the point in having it be 400 candy to evolve an average pokemon?

submitted by /u/HotWheels_McCoy
[link] [comments]

Multiple accounts vs. Spoofing, different circumstances but same consequences

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 12:11 PM PST

Our community's position against spoofers is pretty much established since a while, but now we're beginning to have debates about people carrying multiple phones. And when I compare it to spoofers, tbh the consequences are the same. (consequences for other players, not the consequences only for the owner of the account).

Positive consequences for other players :

  • Raids cost less resources (time and revives)

  • Allows beating a raid boss when not enough people are available

Negative consequences for other players :

  • More defenders to fight for an unequal amount of players who actually came to the gym

  • Less places available in gyms for other legit teammates

  • Less rewards & balls (potentially) from personal damage contribution, for the sole benefit of the owner of alt accounts

  • Unfair balance of team damage contribution

  • Less EX passes for other players


These consequences are all identical to spoofers. Overall there is a big tolerance towards people carrying multiple accounts, because "at least one person came physically" but people have to reconsider that from another perspective.

Anyone can set up an alt account within a few weeks by catching a few legendary mons at level 20 or 25, all you need is the second phone. It feels like this brings the pay-2-win concept to a new level, lol

</meh>

submitted by /u/Leptyx
[link] [comments]

Future mission? ��

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 01:39 PM PST

(Video) Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 03:15 PM PST

"Unable to authenticate" error issues

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 01:53 PM PST

Hey I got the authentication error and I've emailed Niantic about it, they've confirmed my account isn't banned but other than that haven't been much help or replied to my emails. So far I've tried

  • Clearing cache & data of the app
  • Removing & adding my google account
  • Uninstalling & Reinstalling PoGo
  • The airplane mode trick
  • Reseting my password

Anyone had this issue with Android 7.0 and found a way to solve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/-ShagginTurtles-
[link] [comments]

How do you know when someone is addicted?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 06:39 PM PST

My boyfriend played Pokemon go. A lot. Like a lot a lot. Like he spends all of his free time going around in his car catching pokemon. Like tonight, there was a 100% Butterfree nearby, and I asked him if he really had to go, is Butterfree ever going to be competitive or useful, and he just said "it makes me happy." He's spent about 200 dollars on it.

I'm asking you guys for advice because I'm not sure if I'm being too harsh or critical. He drives distracted while playing and it scares me. Please give me your opinions.

submitted by /u/Cypher98
[link] [comments]

My friend wants to sell codes for $100 worth of pokecoins, is that allowed here?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 09:55 PM PST

Sprint has a deal where if you switch lines to them, they give you a code for $100 worth of pokecoins. He has 6 of them he isn't using, and is looking for a way to sell them at a discount. Would he be allowed to sell them here, and if so how could he verify that he isn't trying to scam people?

submitted by /u/FlyingDiglett
[link] [comments]

Where should I apply my rare candy?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 09:15 PM PST

As of right now, I have caught at least one of every legendary released so far in the game (EXcluding Mew Two) see what I did there?Anyways, looking ahead, I know there are a few more to be released within Gen 3 and I was wondering which ones would be the best to invest my rare candy and stardust into. Which ones will be the most relevant against the upcoming legendary Pokémon? Appreciate any and all suggestions!

submitted by /u/The_Pip_Boy
[link] [comments]

Pokemon Go IRL - Doggo Version!

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 12:38 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.