Learn Dota 2 - All Standard Hero Builds updated for Patch 7.08


All Standard Hero Builds updated for Patch 7.08

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 06:00 AM PST

Can someone criticize and improve on my Wraith King build?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:18 PM PST

People have been trying out new ways to build WK after he got skeletons and with the changes to Meteor Hammer, I really like this build I have been using that stomps pubs but I'm still relatively young by DotA standards so I wanted to know what you thought.

Laning phase:

Offlane, go tangos and boots, ideally rush wand or get a quelling blade if you have a tough time farming.

Max skeletons and regen aura to help get skeletons and regen to counter the harassment. Lane will probably get pushed out but later in levels you can jungle quite easily until the lane is back to equilibrium.

Mid:

Rush Crystalis and Drums. Crystalis to improve crit chance and drums help skeletons melt towers. Boots of travel next so you can tp around to your hearts desire.

Late:

Meteor Hammer to help stats out as well as add more push. At level 20 I get the skeleton damage over the no mana cost on ult which is pretty risky, so the mana regen and intelligence will help a little. Plus, I'll be in fewer fights so I wont be using my Q often. Then I get Desolator for anti armor and sell the drums to buy Assault Cuirass when I need to or if I lose charges. The crystalis upgrades to daedulus of course. Blink dagger helps escape when you are split pushing as well as positioning if you're fighting a lot.

Advantages:

Pretty good farming ability as you literally delete creeps with Mortal Strike. When split pushing means less chance of people in pubs teleporting to defend. And when they do come, your ult and blink dagger provides a(mediocre) escape.

Disadvantages:

Less time in teamfights so your team sacrifices a pretty good tank in fights. And, because of the build, you are slightly less tanky. This build is obviously situational. It also falls off in damage late game a little bit so it's more suited for position 2 or 3.

But, in the right situations, it absolutely stomps. I know it's a turbo and I know the other team was complete garbage(especially Huskar) but this is the first time trying it out. We ended the game in 15 minutes.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3713820614

(also if you're a higher mmr and wondering why this build sucks you can look at my profile and see how low mmr I am and provide a few tips)

But yeah, if you have any suggestions on how to improve this build I'm more than open to suggestions!

Edit:formatting

submitted by /u/MelodicFacade
[link] [comments]

Trading dota knowlegde for Spanish.

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 12:09 PM PST

Hey, i am learning Spanish at the moment. If you are a southamerican noob dota player hit me up with a message and i will give you all my Divine 1 wisdom for the trade of Spanish. I am in Europe, just saying.

submitted by /u/championdenofap
[link] [comments]

Any suggestion for maintaining the creep equilibrium?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 05:14 PM PST

Currently a casual player that plays without any fixed schedule. I think I will give a daily Last Hit challenges a try as I think can afford the few minutes break here and there.

Anyway, I try the Last Hit challenges with Warlock and get Silver (barely 1600). I thinking that last hitting on downward hill and in either of the tower range is my main issue. I also has trouble in last hitting when the creep is not 4 creep vs 4 enemy creep. My usual last hit in normal 10 minutes free lane are around 40 something with the help of Null Talisman.

Any tips on improving my last hit? Sorry for my bad English as I am not a native English Speaker.

submitted by /u/Syntechies
[link] [comments]

Opinion on this draft??

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:01 PM PST

Someone flamed my draft not good enough and question my SF pick.

I can't get this flame out of my head, beacuse i think my draft is good enough (split push to late game potential) vs enemies draft (heavy push and teamfight - long ultimate cd) We manage to win the game tho

What's your guys opinion on this? And what do you think about the SF pick? (prefer divine above opinion tough, but anybody below divine also welcome) *sorry for bad english

Link : https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3713197575

submitted by /u/kfelixander
[link] [comments]

Suggestions for 'carrying' as support?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 12:16 PM PST

I've been stuck playing support a lot since nobody else wants to, and yet I've found my carries are always pretty much brain dead. They want to farm the jungle constantly, or split push, and never work as a team.

What should I do to try and force the game to a more winnable state, despite their best efforts? Pick KotL and force them to come? Pick a support that can push like Jakiro? One that can semi-carry like Venge?

I'm at a point where I'm ready to give up. My winrate on carry is fine, but since I get carry less than half the time (and it's not a guaranteed win or anything) so my mmr has been on a real slide.

submitted by /u/GlyphInBullet
[link] [comments]

divine 5 offlane streamers/players?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:29 PM PST

anyone know of people who play offlane on stream? like divine 5 offlane players

submitted by /u/hexdaxl
[link] [comments]

Countering Huskar Mid

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:02 PM PST

How would I go about doing this? I just had an awful game where he killed me 5 times mid (I was Viper) and I killed him a couple but only when he killed me though. He dominated lane with his INSANE attack speed from his passive and not being 50% HP. He was denying like crazy and securing most last hits and harassing with his flaming spears which only made it worse with his lowered health and more attack speed. What hero could I pick who could do okay and not get absolutely rekt by him?

submitted by /u/Darth_Scrub
[link] [comments]

Why does Arteezy build Aquila on scaling int cores?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 02:53 PM PST

So on RTZ's stream the other day I saw him build Aquila twice on QOP, I believe instead of Bottle. Was he memeing? I tried it in a couple of bot games and it seemed OK but I felt like the effect was more psychological in that I tried to right click and man up more because that's what Aquila is good for. Any thoughts? Is this viable for ranked play?

submitted by /u/Rouwbecke
[link] [comments]

What do u guys think about magic wand as starting item on middle.

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 02:41 PM PST

title says it all saw some pros do it when they are sure there will be 1+ heroes on middle that spams skill and not vs zeus etc only. topson did it 2-3 times im kinda interested in it i ve tried it only 1 time it was horrible and in that game i thought their pos4 would play mid he didnt even come mid.

submitted by /u/HailNeineken
[link] [comments]

If you're playing Juggernaut and the enemy team has an Axe, do you change your item build?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:03 AM PST

Like, is there a specific item that you get when you're up against Axe? Like, maybe, getting an AC instead of a Butterfly or something to that effect?

submitted by /u/ElderCat
[link] [comments]

So, a noob here asking for help :)

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 05:42 AM PST

I started playing Dota like 2 years ago. It was mostly just to have fun, but now I would like to learn the game properly. I calibrated way to early so now I'm stuck in <1k. Now, I know I suck and it is a place where I belong, and I have a long way to learn to even call myself a decent player. I usually play with my friends or gf, and while I love playing with them beacuse the games are fun, I would like to be better at solo play as well. I started playing as a carry, but now, I prefer supporting. Would any of you nice people have any advice for a poor noob? My dotabuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/219522390

submitted by /u/Zenolyfe
[link] [comments]

Tips on movement and camera position

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 02:54 AM PST

This is not about tactical positioning, at least I don't think it is. I find myself struggling very much with simple basic movement. The commands I'm sending to move around are lagging behind my intentions and I find myself in places I don't intent to be or moving directions I wasn't going. Especially when there's a few things going on. So I'm not fluidly moving my character around which basically makes all the rest of the game even harder! lol

I didn't play a lot of point and move games, never got into strategy games either so I suppose it's like playing an FPS game for the first time, even though I played dozens of games in Dota.

Any tips? Or maybe videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9_Nb0_lK48

I think practical tips like where to position the camera helps as well.

submitted by /u/SmellMyPPKK
[link] [comments]

How to build Windranger as a solo offlane?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:30 AM PST

I've been practicing with Mirana offlane\roamer quite a lot (60 games of my total 400 games) and now I'm searching for a similar hero to improve with. My choice is Windranger and I'd like to know what's the most popular\effective way to itemize her for the offlane.

Thank you as always

submitted by /u/raff100
[link] [comments]

Buying Veil and Kaya?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 09:27 AM PST

So is there any hero that this would be worth it? Obviously you're giving up slots through this that restrict you late game, but some heroes I feel could destroy. Examples being Leshrac and Pugna. Any thoughts on this?

submitted by /u/KappaLion
[link] [comments]

How to play juggernaut this patch

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:57 AM PST

So I'm archon 4 and I have a pretty good understanding of the game and the hero, I want to know from advanced juggernaut players on how to play him as I'm thinking of spamming jugg, SF, slark and Sven

submitted by /u/zekken908
[link] [comments]

Tips for magic nukers.

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:22 AM PST

I play a lot of nuker like some invoker and my favorite is skywrath mage. What are some general gameplay tips for magic nuking characters. I'm also decent at shadow fiend but isn't he mostly physical nuke... What with his attacks dealing like 200 damage.

Also why is wex exort never played on invoker?

submitted by /u/OmniscientShadow
[link] [comments]

What does the patch note for Lina mean?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 06:32 AM PST

It says:

"Base damage random variance reduced from 18 min/max damage spread to 12"

This to me reads like nonsense. Can anyone clarify?

submitted by /u/EmbracingFailure
[link] [comments]

How/when does mid Rubick work?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 06:04 AM PST

I've seen this one, albeit rarely, in high level games and even in pro games by players like Miracle but that's beside the point. I'm just curious to know that how/why/when would someone want to pick mid Rubick? Is it something that only works when you're smurfing/confident that you are much better than the enemy player, or is it something that has its merits in certain situations and matchups?

submitted by /u/EL3kTr1C
[link] [comments]

7.08 Leshrac Mid Core?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:21 AM PST

No major patch updates for Leshrac in 7.08, but I'd still appreciate some up to date advice on item builds and skillpoints etc. He was one of my favorite heroes back in 6.8ish, but he has felt weak for ages now. How does Kaya fit in, pre or post bloodstone?

submitted by /u/choffie
[link] [comments]

Sven Echo Sabre or SnY?

Posted: 01 Feb 2018 10:51 PM PST

What are the pros and cons of getting one item instead of the other? I watched Reso eliminate EG in TI7 with his Echo Sven and I loved it. I replicated his build and still doing well in my pubs right now with Echo.

However, whenever I see him in pro games/high MMR people make sny instead. I did it for a couple games and for some reason felt weaker. This could just be me not being used to the build yet. My reasoning is I can delete any single hero instantly for 2k gold cheaper and press the advantage from there, why invest in the SnY?

submitted by /u/knetic-nrg
[link] [comments]

Request: Can someone please make a video of hitting Diamond Tier in the Last-Hit Trainer with OD?

Posted: 01 Feb 2018 08:07 PM PST

It seems bloody impossible with no items or spells, but I'm sure I'm just a noob. Please help.

submitted by /u/newp
[link] [comments]

If you're looking to play competitively, click here. [Sorry. I know this sounds like clickbait, but it's not. ]

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 12:03 AM PST

Hi everyone at /r/learndota2!

A month ago I posted a thread talking about how I wanted to run an amateur league for competitive dota 2 teams of all skill levels. Now, I have started the process of rolling things out and taking things step by step.

The first task I want to accomplish is to gather all the competitive players onto a single discord channel and organize all of the teams / players with titles. This will help teams find players (& vice versa) easier, make scheduling scrims easier, and I can notify everyone once I'm running tournaments. The discord will be a positive space for anyone looking to compete and improve starting with discussion & feedback channels.

Where you guys come in is with this survey to get everything started. The details about why are in the survey description. Thank you for all the help and I look forward to helping a lot of you! :)

https://goo.gl/forms/kHxinaSuljpkZjRn1

submitted by /u/XenosKing
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.