Heroes of the Storm - HGC North America :: Gale Force Esports vs Spacestation Gaming :: Discussion thread


HGC North America :: Gale Force Esports vs Spacestation Gaming :: Discussion thread

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:00 PM PST

Previous match thread: HGC North America :: Team Freedom vs LFM esports.

Remember to upvote this thread to make it visible after another one is stickied. Thanks!

Time

The match should start at about 16:00 PST / 19:00 EST / 1:00 CET / the same time as this post. Please note that this time might not include potential delays.

Match reports, VODs

Prediction challenge

Streams

HGC Europe - useful links

Teams

Gale Force Esports vs Spacestation Gaming
akaface support - warrior Casanova
bigempct ranged - melee Equinox
bkid melee/flex - ranged/flex Jason
Fury warrior - ranged/flex Jschritte
MichaelUdall flex - support Tomster

Game version

HGC Phase 1 Week 3 is played on patch 2.29.9, which is the current live patch.

HGC match threads are created by /u/lerhond. Please mention or PM /u/lerhond if you have any feedback.

submitted by /u/HeroesEsportsThreads
[link] [comments]

I geuss im apart of the Dev Team now?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 02:15 PM PST

Dev Team Jacket

I got insanely lucky and found this dev team jacket recently at a thrift shop, how it ended up there i dont know but hey blizzard, does that mean i can come to work for you now? ;)

submitted by /u/FN__2187
[link] [comments]

Suggestion: Change the hero picture during the load screen to the master portrait, if your lvl 25+ with said hero

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 06:32 AM PST

Since the default picture of your hero is their default portrait during the load times, it would make sense to change it to the masters portrait once you really are a pro with that hero.

Sometimes I don't want to use the masters portrait but at the same time want to show my skill with the hero since anyone can buy a master skin now.

This can be another way to show off your skill aside from the mastery taunts.

submitted by /u/SpiderAsa
[link] [comments]

Open Letter to the Jaina I played with last night

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 06:28 AM PST

I see a lot of complaints from the community about people having shit games and shit teammates, and I've had plenty of those myself. Last night was no exception, my very first game I played while trying to level Blaze my comp was Abathur, Ana, Dehaka, and a bot Azmodan with flamers galore (with a comp that great we shockingly got stomped). So when I switched to D.Va, a hero that I just don't understand and fed immediately at the first mid fight, you told me not to worry about it and that it was fine.

We kept playing and while you were clearly the best player on the team, you never once got angry or ranted about how much we all fed, and at one point even said "it's QM, this is where you're supposed to learn".

Obviously at the end we got crushed, but I have to thank you for being such a positive influence and a great member of this community. The game reinforced my desire to never play Dva again, but I definitely hope I run into you a few more times since you made that stomp a pretty good experience. It was so refreshing to see a break from all the toxicity and flaming that I see so often in the game, so thank you for making this game a better place.

*Edit: It's been awesome reading through the comments and seeing all these other stories of positivity and fun. I know we all see a ton of the stories about flamers and feeders, and while those are probably needed, it's always great to see people out there do still remember it's only a game and supposed to be fun. Thanks for making the community better for everyone.

submitted by /u/Peopleschamp305
[link] [comments]

Toxicity is Not a 'Women's Issue'

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:34 AM PST

Monthly request for Rehgar WC3 Shaman skin

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 09:25 AM PST

Blizzard, please! PLEASE!

Just... Look at this beauty. http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/27/26465/Shaman.png

Guys, this is your own IP, no worries for copyright infringement, and stuff!

Please! The community has been begging for months!

submitted by /u/MalucoHS
[link] [comments]

JHow: “I want people to appreciate what they’re watching as much as I do”

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 03:08 PM PST

Dota2 just introduced automated 6 month long BANS for any form of toxicity in any multiplayer modes

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 11:19 AM PST

Blizzard better follow suit, as we are soon to face unprecedented influx of salty toxic ex-dota players. Would be a shame for HotS to become sanctuary for every troll and ruiner out there \s

Seriously though, report rework when?

submitted by /u/Kor03d
[link] [comments]

If Blizzard has some grand reason for the lack of Chen love, fine. But please...

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:08 PM PST

Stop, for the love of hard cock, matching him against tanks in Quickmatch. He is a goddamn bruiser. You know it, I know it. If Sonya's hard to kill ass is a bruiser, Chen's sweet cc sensitive ass is a bruiser.

We can't play the panda in draft modes because doing so gimps the team. Please let him be at least half way viable in qm.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/RedShabazz
[link] [comments]

The most important thing to know about Tyrande if you're new to her.

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 05:38 AM PST

It's pronounced "Tih-RAHN-duh" (ti-RON-duh). Not "TIE-rand."

EDIT: link generously provided by u/Lorhand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT7CCn-HSRs

Thank you for your time.

submitted by /u/DarkRaven01
[link] [comments]

Heroes of the Storm: WP and Funny Moments #147

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 09:04 AM PST

A little bit of luck

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 05:34 PM PST

One of my best Auriel plays in my Auriel main career

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 05:42 AM PST

When is a loss, an ok loss for you?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:46 AM PST

What I mean by this is, what would it take to lose a game, and not really have any complaints about how your "shit" team played.

So much negativity around losses, and I get it. I endure it too, but is it ever just possible that you lose a game, and you feel it was hard fought but just didn't end your way?

I would like to hear these stories to see if they exist.

submitted by /u/Padsie_love
[link] [comments]

Lovare Hero League match 3:33 finish.

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 02:32 AM PST

Want to improve? Watch Kala's Coaching!

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 11:38 AM PST

This guy points out TONS of stuff, mechanics, positioning etc. Super insightful.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa3fonPFh9I2sa_YiFiBG8Q

submitted by /u/agent8261
[link] [comments]

HGC 2018 - Top 5 Plays - Phase 1 Week 2

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:41 AM PST

Maiev's bounce talent needs a better indicator

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 06:19 PM PST

Right now, the only visual indication I see that Naisha's memento is active is the darkening of Maiev's blade. This is hard to keep track of in a teamfight. First of all, it's just not eye-catching. Darker blade on a dark hero? Where's the contrast? Also, the indicator is not available every single moment because the blade is hardly visible during much of the swing. Furthermore, it takes a bit of concentration to find and focus on her blade because it obviously doesn't just have a set position in the UI.

There are also the sounds and the bounces. But the sound is not particularly distinctive and the bounces are easily lost in a sea of damage numbers and all the more important things you need to pay attention to.

submitted by /u/hotsforme
[link] [comments]

Abathur's clones can't pick up globes. Is this intended?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 06:30 PM PST

I feel like in my Abathur experience of the past I used to be able to pick up globes like any other hero. Was this an intentional change with the rest globe changes?

submitted by /u/prawn108
[link] [comments]

After a long season, 448 games to be exact. I climbed from Plat 5 to Master!

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 09:45 AM PST

I finally made it!

A very special moment for me, having been playing hero league seriously only starting last season, I never thought I'd be able to make it this far.

The season started rough with lots of losses, and new heroes to get used to. I even dipped into Gold for a bit. I tilted, even got silenced at some point due to abusive chat, and admittedly I had deserved it. That also triggered a big change of mentality for me, that you should always just enjoy the game first, focus on your strengths and never stop trying.

It took me 448 games to get here, with a win percentage of 54.2% and a total of 5,342 Takedowns.


On my promo game from D1 to Master, the draft looked like this:

Blue Team Red Team
Sonya (Me) Anub'arak
Stitches Jaina
Illidan Falstad
Ana Stukov
Chromie Cassia

As you can see, not the best draft for us. It was a long and hard game, but we managed to win thanks to Chromie getting some crucial snipes, followed by some Leaps and Hunts.


Below is an analysis of my top 5 heroes this season:

  • Sonya
    Even after her nerfs, Sonya continued to be my go-to comfort pick for the solo lane, and as the bruiser role. Now, her matchup against the likes of Leoric and Malthael have become much more difficult, but she still adds so much to the team fight and can be a real pain after lvl 16, and especially 20.
    Winrate: 61.9%, 42 games played, 26 wins

  • Hanzo
    When Hanzo first came out, I immediately bought him and enjoyed his play style very much. Soon enough, the hero who I used to climb out of Platinum had become demonized, and probably rightly so, nonetheless, most of the games this season came down to Hanzo. And while my winrate with him isn't the greatest, I have some fond memories of cleaning up team fights with him, and for that he gets a spot.
    Winrate: 55.1%, 158 games played, 87 wins

  • Valla
    My go-to ranged carry. Sitting comfortable as my best Assassin, Valla is the pick I go to when the team needs lots of damage. Her versatility to play AA, W, or Q makes her an excellent all round attacker, she is able to fit into most comps, and has little hard counters.
    Winrate: 62.5%, 24 games played, 15 wins

  • Diablo
    When we lack engage, and or peels, or if the map is Cursed Hollow, auto-lock Diablo almost every time. He picked me up from Silver to Plat last season, and while he didn't get much play this time around, I still consider him a comfort pick. PS: I used to play Diablo when he was not part of the Meta back in the day, when he was considered sub par, he's one of my favorites.
    Winrate: 60.0%, 25 games played, 15 wins

  • Uther
    When I first was introduced to HotS, I played Uther almost exclusively, the veterans among you will remember the Sprint -> Divine Storm combo and his Protective Shield. Uther changed a lot, and I started playing him towards the end of the season, finding that he is netting me lots of wins. He's my best support after the big support nerf (Rehgar would have been here last season).
    Winrate: 73.%, 15 games played, 11 wins

Links to Map Record and Statistics for this season: https://imgur.com/a/ylzyX


Finally, a big thank you to everyone who helped me along the way!

submitted by /u/TurbanatorGD
[link] [comments]

Showerthought: having Maiev and Anub'arak on the same team will make any 5v5 into a 5v3

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:16 AM PST

Containment disc + Cocoon gonna be some nasty combo.

I don't really know if i'm overthinking about this, but the idea of starting a fight with two members taken out for a whole 4 seconds gives me a big headache.

submitted by /u/Genbu_2459
[link] [comments]

[LiquidHeroes] Guiding Light: Uther's Return to Glory - Contributions by - Zaelia, Buds, KzN, and Splendour

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:39 AM PST

Is it working as intended that Vikings can have max 1 Cloud Serpent on them?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 09:02 AM PST

You cant have Cloud Serpent on two different Vikings

submitted by /u/Neadsactive
[link] [comments]

HGC Europe :: Tricked esport vs Team Liquid :: Discussion thread

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 10:45 AM PST

Previous match thread: HGC Europe :: Team Dignitas vs Leftovers.

Remember to upvote this thread to make it visible after another one is stickied. Thanks!

Time

The match should start at about 11:00 PST / 14:00 EST / 20:00 CET / 15 minutes from this post. Please note that this time might not include potential delays.

Match reports, VODs

Prediction challenge

Streams

HGC Europe - useful links

Teams

Tricked esport vs Team Liquid
AlexTheProG melee - melee ethernal
Crozzby ranged - ranged/flex HasuObs
GranPkt support - ranged/flex Nurok
makke flex - support Splendour
Remmerballer warrior - warrior SportBilly

Battleground bans

  • Tricked esport: Towers of Doom
  • Team Liquid: Infernal Shrines

Game version

HGC Phase 1 Week 3 is played on patch 2.29.9, which is the current live patch.

HGC match threads are created by /u/lerhond. Please mention or PM /u/lerhond if you have any feedback.

submitted by /u/HeroesEsportsThreads
[link] [comments]

Tempo Storm Kala - Coaching - Silver Muradin

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:45 AM PST

Heroes Brawl of the Week: February 2, 2018: Dodge-BRAWL

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:48 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.