Fallout - I don't care the Atom Cats were cool or friendly, they need to die for the lore.


I don't care the Atom Cats were cool or friendly, they need to die for the lore.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 04:29 AM PST

Fallout 4 being the lore-breaking carnival it is, there were a lot of things I usually had to do to maintain immersion and lore. Like replacing almost all T-60s with T-45ds and T-51bs, making the Gunners selectively hostile as fitting merc behavior, so on and so forth. But this playthrough I also murdered the Atom Cats and broke their garage.

The reason is simple:

(a) The Maxson Brotherhood, which is one of the most fanatic, fundamentalist, hardcore versions of the Brotherhood to date, is in town as a regional superpower.

(b) There's an idiot greaser gang running around with some of the most advanced power armour models, basically playing with them as toys.

(c) Power armour is high tech, a symbol of identity for the brotherhood, dangerous top-line military materiel, and using them as tuner cars fits 'abuse of technology' to a T.

(a) + (b) + (c) = dead atom cats and confiscated power armour. Since the game's nonetheless allowed the Atom Cats to exist within spitting distance of the Fallout faction whose entire purpose is to safeguard and confiscate high technology, well, let's just say I took a stroll out with Danse and corrected things. Anyone else with similar experiences who'd like to share?

submitted by /u/EvangelosKamikaze
[link] [comments]

Friendly Reminder: Democracy is non-negotiable.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:46 AM PST

Enjoy freedom.

submitted by /u/aTron6424
[link] [comments]

"Equilibrium - Weapons" update 1.1 (Minigun).

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 11:08 AM PST

The mod page

This update features the more in-depth balance overhaul for Minigun.

The Minigun supposed to be deadly. Considering all the downsides like weight, spread, and ammo inefficiency, the damage should be impressive enough to make this weapon worth using. So the base damage was noticeably increased to meet this expectation

The modifications effects and requirements were also adjusted to give the Minigun a better-defined niche.

The links:

Nexus

PC

Xbox

PS4

submitted by /u/alexananiev
[link] [comments]

Thought you guys would appreciate this!

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 09:28 AM PST

https://imgur.com/a/WUnJK

Bought it online for cheap and think it looks pretty decent considering its in a cramped room. Show me any of your fallout related memorabilia!

submitted by /u/AronaxAE
[link] [comments]

Does Anyone Know What The Chinese Think Of Fallout?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 11:11 AM PST

I was listening to Fallout 4: Liberty Prime Quotes on my speakers, in my room and then realized my suite mate is a Chinese foreign exchange student... >.>

Now I'm listening it with my headphones.

submitted by /u/Jpf123
[link] [comments]

In the next game I want to wear a backpack full on textbooks on my chest as a form of homemade body armor.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 10:36 AM PST

What are some gameplay/RPG mechanics that you think would improve a future Fallout game?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 12:37 PM PST

Just anything that you think would be a good and welcome addition to the series' tried and true formula. I'll share some of mine here, but if you're not interested in my silly thoughts, feel free to just leave your own ideas.

My ideas: Weaker doors should be able to be blasted open with certain explosives. It was odd that rotting, 200 year old wooden doors in abandoned homes could have Hard difficulty locks, but you couldn't just blow them off their hinges. I feel that the right way to do it would be to have only a specific and rare/expensive explosive usable for this, a demolition charge or something, and you can only do it with a high enough Explosives skill. This would keep it useful without devaluing the actual Lockpick skill.

This wouldn't be for everyone, but if Bethesda would hopefully reintroduce weapon degradation, I'd love true gun jamming. The weapons in 3 and NV had gun jamming, but it worked more as a simple extension of the weapon reload time with an animation that seemed like your character was just fiddling with the gun, rather than trying to actually find an issue. I would love if it worked more like in Far Cry 2. Your gun can jam while firing, which leads to some hilarious animations where the protagonist is obviously very frustrated, as he beats the poor weapon and frantically searches for what went wrong. Now as I said, this isn't for everyone, as the FC2 jamming got a lot of criticism. It would be best if they put it in as an optional difficulty setting. Perhaps as part of the game's hardcore mode?

Anyways, that's what I think. I'd love to hear your ideas!

submitted by /u/OknataSkeltro
[link] [comments]

Would telephones work in the Fallout universe?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 01:33 PM PST

If someone were to make the phones work again, would it be possible to give/receive calls?

submitted by /u/SP00KYF0XY
[link] [comments]

Fallout 1 deathclaw tips

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:04 PM PST

So I'm level 6 have an 10mm SMG and hunting rifle I just beat the radscorpion cave and then thought I could try and beat the deathclaw (turns out I can't) so I came to Reddit for tips on what guns too use for it where to get those guns he level I should be and strategies on how to attack it

submitted by /u/Turbofied
[link] [comments]

Pretty surprised that after about 8 games featuring stimpaks, there's still no fluff for them beyond "syringe that shoots magical potions into you".

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 07:02 PM PST

Stimpaks being the main source of healing in the game (and used so often), I was pretty surprised to discover that there's next to no lore on what it's supposed to be. How does it magically realign a half-chopped-off arm or a seriously broken ankle? Suck that bullet right back out of your chest again? Okay, some of those may be necessary breaks from reality, but I'd like for there to be some fluff regarding the miracle bacta fluid in the syringe that's able to keep you going, considering how the other elements of the game - power armour, nuka-cola, combat armour, etc - had several pages of fluff on them.

submitted by /u/EvangelosKamikaze
[link] [comments]

(question) FOOK2 Fallout 3 GOTY GOG issues

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 03:39 PM PST

Hi! I just thought this would be the easiest place to ask this question. So I'm playing F3 for the first time in a few years and have been trying out the FOOK2 mod but I've been having a couple of issues.

The game seems to crash quite often and I'm not too sure what is triggering it. It mainly happens during combat but not all of the time. My load order only consists of the DLC's then FOOK2, the Ultimate perk pack and after the last FOOK2 esps is the Darnified UI. Running on windows 7 with the unofficial patch and 4GB patch.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Lezflano
[link] [comments]

Any unique character builds I could create to make the game fun qgain? (Fallout nv, console)

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 01:13 PM PST

Anyone think the Syringer Rifle in FO4 could have been so much better?

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 04:31 PM PST

Bethesda definitely was on to something with the syringer rifle, but all of the ammo types were weak. Nothing incredibly crazy or useful I feel.

submitted by /u/Luke3227
[link] [comments]

Vault 88 workshop junk/crafting components missing?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:04 PM PST

I started building my first Vault yesterday and all was going well until today, nearly every crafting component/junk item has vanished from my workshop, thousands of wood/steel/etc. In addition my turrets/water sources were broken as if it had been raided but I never received any notification. I am on Xbox One and not running any mods. Has anyone had this happen to them or does anyone know why/how it happened? I really don't want to start resupplying the workshop just to lose it all again.

submitted by /u/Dr-Zoidstein
[link] [comments]

Does anybody else wish for destructible environments?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 07:49 AM PST

Bear in mind that I'm not talking about permanent, large-scale destruction, but the other day I was going through the Getting a Clue quest, when I was confronted with the obstacle of the very hard lock on Kellogg's door. It was bothersome that neither I (wearing a suit of power armor) nor the beefed up assaultron Curie (never before was there such a combination of terrifying and cute) was able to rip or bash the door off of a ramshackle building, and I feel like it would be a really good feature to have key areas of walls and doors that could be taken down with things like drugs or power armor, along with the ability of more powerful or AOE weapons to destroy cover that enemies are using.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

submitted by /u/FunGuyFr0mYuggoth
[link] [comments]

Fallout 3 opening sequence

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 05:58 PM PST

Decided to dust off old copy of Fallout 3 ultimate edition for PS3. Was dreading the opening bits, the "goo goo gaa gaa"s of being a newborn, the birthday party- GOAT test, ect.

But as I have been playing, I'm realizing it's one of the best set ups in a game that I can remember! The final part of it, when the vault door closes behind you, and you look upon the wasteland for the first time.. epic.

What an amazing game, to this day.

submitted by /u/kestrel1000c
[link] [comments]

Tunnel Snakes forever!

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 03:49 PM PST

https://imgur.com/a/DCvQY

Just having some fun playing with my camera.

submitted by /u/cool_beans90
[link] [comments]

[Question] Playing through fallout 4 again but I want to do it with mods this time.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 11:17 AM PST

Was wondering if you guys had suggestions. I never finished my run on the first play through. I found the lack of choice in weapons lacking. Please give me some suggestions.

submitted by /u/Mitchel123234
[link] [comments]

Do you prefer the "rebuilding civilisations" setting of the West Coast Fallout games? Or the focus on survival in the East Coast games? Which is the better direction for the Fallout series?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:51 PM PST

I ask because I much much prefer the more developed factions and settlements of the West Coast titles and would love to see Bethesda give it a stab.

Things like government, economy, business and larger scale conflict can create really interesting quests and dilemma's. The reason I was disappointed in 4 is partly because the survivalesque more primitive setting Bethesda has gone for in that title and 3 really limits what you can do and by 4 they seem to have been running a bit short on ideas in the side quest department. Rather than connected to a larger organisation, Bethesda 'towns' tend to be very small and quirky, with one defining characteristic but often little connection to the wider world. This contrasts to say New Vegas in that game and it's connection to both tourism wealth and to the power supply provided by the Hoover Dam. Fallout 2 had similarly more developed civilisation. Vault City was wealthy because it produced advanced medical technology and was structured in a strict authoritarian style.

In my opinion, a more developed world can lead to better factions and context with more engaging things to do. Politics, economics and expansionism are all causes for conflict we can understand and could create choices far more impactful than there's a kid stuck in this fridge or what do I do with this Deathclaw egg?

I'd be really interested to hear what other people think though and if some prefer the more desperate, survival direction Bethesda has steered the series towards.

submitted by /u/OldMrAbernathy
[link] [comments]

Faction wishlist in the next fallout game.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:21 PM PST

Just wondering, what does the reddit community want in terms of factions in the next fallout game? Personally, I'd like the Enclave or a splinter faction of them that the player could join, or even be able to start your own raider gang. What about you guys?

submitted by /u/D_Mz
[link] [comments]

What if the next fallout was in the northwest?

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:07 PM PST

After playing the Old World Blues mod for Hearts of Iron 4 I was a little inspired to see a northwest based fallout game. When I say northwest I'm talking about Oregon, Washington and British Columbia (Cascadia). Valt 6 is located in Washington and I feel we haven't looked at that area in fallout lore to the extent it should. Tell me what you think.

submitted by /u/SwackHD
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 (Question) - Where to find more T-51 Power Armor

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 07:56 AM PST

So I'm currently on a binge to get one of every paint job available on Power Armor (I know, boring but I've kind done everything and all the possible endings, plus all the DLCs).

Problem is... tons of X-01 (end game it seems to be all open world suits), tons of T-60 (atom cats and BOS), enough T-45 (glad i picked up enough of them early game), even enough Raider... but im short of T-51 (I have 3 edit sorry 5) and I can't find any more. I've cleaned out all the vendors but there just aren't some of T-51 parts coming up anymore (Torso and Arms). It seems to be rare, any tips on finding more? The only locked to T-51 one is in Nuka World DLC (and got it) and the 2 in Far Harbor (ditto)???

submitted by /u/langley10
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.